Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292440 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by firmphem: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello House, I urgenty need an advise on this:

My master's degree carries my surname because i hadnt done change of name then
Now that I have done it, which of the names should I put in for WES evaluation?
Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadboy: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=canadboy post=65305793][/quote]please someone should answer, na beg i dey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadboy: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
please i need help. biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kevmith: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello house,

Please who has checked Feb 10 IELTS result with IDP. Is it out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadboy: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
good morning everyone. please, ICES have sent a mail that we should pay with credit card for the eca. which card should i use, is it my GTB master card or my dollar card.

Secondly. to apply as self employed what documents do i need? what is the process?

please help I'm pleading as I want to make payments today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Canadafly....I must say this is the first time that I’m impressed with your response(I dey my house, coman beat me). God bless you for this candid advice. It’ll end well IJN.

Canadianfly:

Pretty much everyone has said the same thing to you. Go and rewrite IELTS. Forget about provincial nomination. This is why:

1) do you have a spare $1500 to give Ontario to nominate you? And they could refuse your application meaning that 1500K na waste.

2) do you have a spare 6 months to chill and wait for Ontario to process your application or even find you eligible to send you NOI? In that time you could have written IELTS 9 times ( grin) and jejely entered the pool and even have ITA

3) do you have an additional spare 6 months when you eventually get nominated and ITA on top of the other 6 months to wait for Federal to decide on your application?

My dear, Biko go and pay the 68k or 75k for another IELTS. PNP is for people who don't have options to increase their score. You have options. Exhaust them! And please read page zero of this thread and the CIC website to fully understand this process coz it seems like you're winging it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Kevmith:
Hello house,

Please who has checked Feb 10 IELTS result with IDP. Is it out?

Did you use headset for your IDP listening test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Cannygirl: 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations dear... A lot of lessons learnt.
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
Our God is awesome !!!
Congratulations he has done it again
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
@ncmama, @Ambidextrause, very big congratulations to u on ur PPR. Thumbs up to all dat aced their ielts xpecially on first sitting. To those that r yet to get their desired ayat scores, keep ur eyes on d ultimate prize. It will definitely end in praise so long we don't give up.

Beautiful night rest my dear e fam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
canadboy:
good morning everyone. please, ICES have sent a mail that we should pay with credit card for the eca. which card should i use, is it my GTB master card or my dollar card.

Secondly. to apply as self employed what documents do i need? what is the process?

please help I'm pleading as I want to make payments today

1. Use your dollar card. It should go through.

2. According to IRCC, self-employed applicants must submit the following: Articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details. Note that self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience. The following people (@Bigfido, @LadyAy and @KayVann) applied as self-employed applicants. You can read their posts.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Very big congratulations @dtush. Sent u a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ewa2014: 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations this is a mind blowing testimony... I look forward to sharing mine soon too...

Can you pls share when exactly you sent your passport to Accra... and how long before PUM. Thanks

Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in thesince I felt I grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:34am On Feb 24, 2018
smslive2:
MOD IDP = Ministry of Defense Internally Displaced Person... Lol grin grin grin grin grin

MOD IDP is MOD Education & IDP Education

This new signature of writing in red sha... na wa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newbeecey: 12:55am On Feb 24, 2018
I have made payment, thats why I am more pensive about this.

Julie2018:
Have you made payment?

If you haven’t, you can register for the 7th April, make payment ASAP and let the later date 21st cancel on it’s own.
But note that you cannot register for the same date twice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DICKtator: 1:22am On Feb 24, 2018
CheekyGirl:
Hello House,

L - 8.5
R - 7.5
S - 8.0
W - 6.0

I'm in total shock about my Writing! shocked I didn't think I did too well in it, but I was expecting a Band 7 at least.

Would you advice me to apply for a re-mark or should I just register for another test?

Thanks.

It is actually "advise" not "advice" . No wonder your W is 6.0

Please don't be offended, just joking with you oooooo , well, except for the advise/advice part

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 1:38am On Feb 24, 2018
I’m not sure you can change it.

But you can try. I was in a similar situation last year, they refused to change it. But maybe mine was because I had gotten a confirmation mail and I had been assigned a candidate number. You can contact them through the phone as early as 8am on Monday.
Newbeecey:
I have made payment, thats why I am more pensive about this.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 24, 2018
DICKtator:

It is actually "advise" not "advice" . No wonder your W is 6.0

Please don't be offended, just joking with you oooooo , well, except for the advise/advice part

grin grin grin grin

This leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
If it was a joke then it clearly is an epic fail, you can't make a joke of someones misery that's so wrong.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 2:04am On Feb 24, 2018
This just gave me chills! A very big congratulations!!! I salute your persistence and quietness in the midst of the storm. I salute our good God who always makes a way. I salute our NL family! Chai! you guys are truly the best e-family ever. God bless us all. This one has ended in MEGA praise. Thunder fire the devil !!!

Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 2:30am On Feb 24, 2018
Eilenora:
I am just a year younger. was thinking he should re write since my scores appear better esp if i get a remarking on just d writing

Don't worry it will surely end well for your family. However, even if your writing is increased to 8.5 it won't also matter because listening is less than 8. Like someone adviced, alternate the scores on the CRS calculator to know your stance.
Another thing is that listening is not objective so it isn't really affected by remarking.
Just try to sit for another one while your preparation is fresh on your mind.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 3:01am On Feb 24, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR was July 25, 2017

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks for sharing your story!!! I am encouraged not to give up.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by AlexanderGreat(m): 6:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Abbylee:
Hi guys,

My fiance's PPR is out.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. Special shoutout to Kontagious, 40manlappy, Alexandergreat, Threadstone, GS, Optionese....the list goes on.

ITA- 4th August 2017
Medicals- 25th Oct
AOR- 31st Oct
Medicals passed- 10th Nov
We do not need additional docs- 20th Nov
ADR POF- 21st Nov
ADR submitted- 27th Nov
Add docs are being reviewed- 7th Dec
Ordered gcms notes-9th Jan
We need more docs...- 11th Feb
Gcms received- 7th Feb
ADR Addn family info- 7th Feb
ADR submitted- 8th Feb
We do not need add docs...- 16th Feb
IP2- 19th Feb
PPR- 20th Feb
Passport shipped off almost immediately hehe
VO- Ottawa
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kevmith: 6:47am On Feb 24, 2018
justbazick:

Did you use headset for your IDP listening test?

No, and pls stick with British Council... I won’t recommend IDP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2018
This is God at work!
Congratulations!

Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

[b]

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 6:58am On Feb 24, 2018
My advice is to use the name on your passport. Your WES ECA will come with a statement that one or two name differs. When uploading your educational docs, add an evidence of name change like an affidavit to reflect that it's same person.

That's what I did in my case.

firmphem:
Hello House, I urgenty need an advise on this:

My master's degree carries my surname because i hadnt done change of name then
Now that I have done it, which of the names should I put in for WES evaluation?
Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 7:10am On Feb 24, 2018
Dear House,

I need someone to guide me on how to make payment for my IELTS exams. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 24, 2018
emafav:
Dear House,

For British Council, simply raise a bank draft and submit in their office...easier than the other code method

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2018
DO you have a first bank account and it’s mobile app?
emafav:
Dear House,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2018
The God that never fails will do it for me too!!

Rejoicing with those that got their PPR this week!!!

****dancing****

_____________PPR Space grin

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2018
Kevmith:

No, and pls stick with British Council... I won’t recommend IDP

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by blessings2017(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2018
nat138:

Ha bros calm down now! You are even pre ITA and you are asking for medicals? calm down now, step by step biko. You can do medicals now but it will be counterproductive, as you would have done it earlier for nothing. It is required after AOR (after you have been given ITA and have officially applied for PR).

Just to correct, medicals is required at the point of submission after ITA . Not after AOR. You're given AOR after submission of the required documents, your medical report inclusive.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Hello guys...issue on POF, I intend to use the sale of a landed property purchased about 5 years back,the only papers I got was the deed of assignment and family receipt,are these 2 documents enough to evidence a legitimate purchase ?, and I intend to use the proceed from sale of same property (now with a structure on it) as source of funds...I hope I won't have any issues with this,the funds will be used for treasury bills

blackbuddy , 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar ,canadianfly

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.