Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292503 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:42am On Mar 11, 2018
Chik14:
Pls ooo help your sister. Hubby is a british citizen so has a british passport however has lived in Nigeria longer than the UK so he has 2 passports a british and Nigerian passport but the middle name on the british passport is different from the middle name on the Nigerian passport eg British passport - Ade Bam Ede... Nigerian passport - Ade Chi Ede. All his docs, bank accounts are the same as the name on the Nigerian passport but he travels with the british passport as he doesnt need visa when he uses that passport. Pls which name do we use while filling the express entry profile and which passport do we send for PPR. Pls help me ooo. We are confused. Thank you my people.

We just discussed the "one and the same person affidavit" two pages back. It might come in handy for you, please use it.

In my opinion, I'd suggest he uses his Nigerian passport for this purpose since the name on it ties with those on all other documents he would be needing for his application (I'm assuming he used it to register for IELTS). A British passport wouldn't give him any particular edge as either passport he uses would have to be stamped with the PR visa anyway (unlike the American passport). Like I said, it's my suggestion.

modified

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Jadel03:
Good evening 40manlappy,

I also need a contact in OOU as well.Can you help?

I also want to ask if i can evaluate my DFP certificate. (Degree foundation programme).Would I earn more points for that?

Lastly,can I PM you?

I have replied your PM with the contact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2018
adespecial:

Pls I don't know how to send pm. Pls can you mail me on adespecial2004@yahoo.com

Thanks

I have forwarded the contact to your email. Please confirm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Anyone nervous about result next weeek Friday

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2018
Osaze007:

Lol, next week friday is still far na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2018
sthillz:
Please those asking for contact at Olabisi On a banjo University, be careful so you don't lose money

I got the contact of one Mr Adekoya on this thread who asked me to send 56k and in the end nothing.

I'm going there on Monday to pursue my transcript myself

The bolded is the way to go. I always find time to go to OOU and apply for the transcripts, even if it means taking the whole day off. I only use my contacts for follow-up.

By "nothing", do you mean the whole 56k went down the drain or he has not completed the process? Don't know him though, will ask one of my guys.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2018
40manlappy:

The bolded is the way to go. I always find time to go to OOU and apply for the transcripts, even if it means taking the whole day off. I only use my contacts for follow-up.

By "nothing", do you mean the whole 56k went down the drain or he has not completed the process? Don't know him though, will ask one of my guys.

Went down the drain...he claims they couldn't find my records in the file room. Its a diploma by the way. I need it to claim points for "two or more certificates". He even said I will need to pay another school fees to do clearance and apply for transcript. Such a shame that Nigeria is like this, I left the school in 2006 and I was given a to whom it may concern
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by femo86(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Osaze007:

If you talking about IELTS, it's this friday....

All is well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jadel03: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2018
Received with thanks 40manlappy.

I sent you another mail. Kindly advise.

40manlappy:

I have replied your PM with the contact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2018
It is not the guy, it is the school. Please remove his name from your earlier post.

sthillz:

Went down the drain...he claims they couldn't find my records in the file room. Its a diploma by the way. I need it to claim points for "two or more certificates". He even said I will need to pay another school fees to do clearance and apply for transcript. Such a shame that Nigeria is like this, I left the school in 2006 and I was given a to whom it may concern

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Chik14: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2018
mcstan18:

We just discussed the "one and the same person affidavit" two pages back. It might come in handy for you, please use it.

In my opinion, I'd suggest he uses his Nigerian passport for this purpose since the name on it ties with those on all other documents he would be needing for his application (I'm assuming he used it to register for IELTS). A British passport doesn't give him any particular edge as both passports would have to be stamped with the PR visa anyway (unlike the American passport). Like I said, it's my suggestion.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2018
Pls house, I want to know if you land in canada, will the immigration official ask you for POF. Could one be returned back because you are not carrying enough fund. I need your input please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2018
chiwelaw:
Pls house, I want to know if you land in canada, will the immigration official ask you for POF. Could one be returned back because you are not carrying enough fund. I need your input please

Yes they ask..my friend landed on Thursday and told me they asked for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2018
mcstan18:

In my opinion, I'd suggest he uses his Nigerian passport for this purpose since the name on it ties with those on all other documents he would be needing for his application (I'm assuming he used it to register for IELTS). A British passport doesn't give him any particular edge as either passport he uses would have to be stamped with the PR visa anyway (unlike the American passport). Like I said, it's my suggestion.

modified

Mcstan, trying to reach you..please check your mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sugah: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2018
sugah:
Good morning all.
This is now almost 3months after writing IELTS and I'm still waiting for NASU.
Please anyone with Contact for transcript processing for University of Ibadan (Undergrad sch) should please help me out.
Anyone?? Please??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2018
sthillz:

Sorry about your experience. However, I think you should ask him what the 56k was used for, at least the official portion (51k). If he has paid for the transcript, he should give you the payment receipt/POS printout for possible future use. Please update the house of the outcome so that others can learn. If you wish, you may send me a PM so that I can give you contacts that may be of support while you are there. I wish you breakthrough from here onward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2018
chiwelaw:

I have not landed, but from what I have read and heard from many landed peeps, you are not expected to carry all your POF in cash. However, you should be prepared to show proof if asked e.g. bank statements. You may or may not be asked at the POE. See the following thread for insights.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sorefunmi(f): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2018
sthillz:

I feel so sad seeing this post about MR xxxxx ..I remember i gave you his contacts and you explained how they haven't found your results which i know very well, its the school who has issues not the man in question..he helped me with my transcripts and so others i introduced without no stories..the 51k was paid to school and sure not him..its very bad when you come here and say things like this.......now i know why pple are always reluctant to help others...please i advise you put down your post ....

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2018
mcstan18:

In my opinion, I'd suggest he uses his Nigerian passport for this purpose since the name on it ties with those on all other documents he would be needing for his application (I'm assuming he used it to register for IELTS). A British passport doesn't give him any particular edge as either passport he uses would have to be stamped with the PR visa anyway (unlike the American passport). Like I said, it's my suggestion.

modified
Makes sense.

Well done sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2018
Osaze007:

lol... being nervous will not help. It is better to be positive to the end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2018
sorefunmi:

I feel so sad seeing this post about MR X.X.X ..I remember i gave you his contacts and you explained how they haven't found your results which i know very well, its the school who has issues not the man in question..he helped me with my transcripts and so others i introduced without no stories..the 51k was paid to school and sure not him..its very bad when you come here and say things like this.......now i know why pple are always reluctant to help others...please i advise you put down your post ....

But even u sef follow type the guy name...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2018
Thank you very much for this detail.
40manlappy:

I have not landed, but from what I have read and heard from many landed peeps, you are not expected to carry all your POF in cash. However, you should be prepared to show proof if asked e.g. bank statements. You may or may not be asked at the POE. See the following thread for insights.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations!
How you doing? Guess your application is going good?smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by teefinix: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Good afternoon....
The close relative being referred to in d questionnaire for express entry.....does it include a cousin. I have a cousin in canada and I want to be sure she qualifies to be used as a relative to get more points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
So am guessing the next draw is on the 14th?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel! See excerpt from thenationonline: The Federal Government has agreed to source for about N8 billion to settle the Earned Allowance of striking non teaching staff of Nigerian Universities within the next five weeks.

The workers have therefore been asked to suspend their ongoing industrial action by Wednesday, March 14 to allow full activities to return to the campuses.

“The Honourable Minister of Labour and JAC leadership agreed that the ongoing strike would be suspended by Wednesday 14th March 2018, after due consultation with their National Executive Councils (NECs). No Worker would be victimized on account of this industrial action.”

Thank God!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tolfa(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
teefinix:
Good afternoon....
The close relative being referred to in d questionnaire for express entry.....does it include a cousin. I have a cousin in canada and I want to be sure she qualifies to be used as a relative to get more points
you can use only your direct or blood siblings to claim points under Express entry when calculating your CRS scores otherwise NO except for eligibility under federal skilled worker where you claim points for relative in Canada....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
sanjay01:
. Am a silent reader. now my turn to ask gurus in d house my question. i already have my master in China in agricultural economics but just gotten master in economics in Canada. Here are my questions

1. Do i need to present it with my application that i already have my master? or i should just present my btech When you have a higher degree than Btech, why won't you use it? It will get you more points for education. Also do you mean you have completed your Masters in Canada? If yes, then you are better off using that than the Chinese one, advantage being "Education in Canada". Otherwise if you have not completed the Canadian Masters, use you Chinese Masters
2. Can i apply with my family or i should apply first, then file for family wen i get there. You are the only one who knows your personal circumstance, that decision lies with you.
3. do u pple submit previous passport with ur application? Is the previous passport going to be part of your application? Do you need to give details of it for any particular reason? Valid passport should be what is required, people can correct me if I am wrong please.
3. how many page for SOP? "Sorry not sure what SOP is"
4. should i apply in china or go back home? You can apply from anywhere in the world.
Thanks for ur advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wealthkata: 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hello house, I ve been a silent reader. Just been bothered about having a tie(s) in Canada before someone application is attended to. I will like know how pertinent is that. I will confess that I don't Ve anymore over there. Please gurus in the house help with this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
[quote author=nat138 post=65745469][/quote]

To add to what you wrote regarding submitting old passports, I submitted pages of my old passport because I used it to get ITA (renewed my passport immediately after getting ITA), most of my travel history was with it and I also used it to get a PCC.

So, if you feel there is anything that can be proved by submitting your old passport I think you should scan it together with the new one, but let the data page of the new one be the first. In my case it would have been foolish to submit only the new virgin passport. #justmy2cents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
wealthkata:
Hello house, I ve been a silent reader. Just been bothered about having a tie(s) in Canada before someone application is attended to. I will like know how pertinent is that. I will confess that I don't Ve anymore over there. Please gurus in the house help with this.

If ties to Canada is your only worry then you have no problem. Unless you need it for more points, it is not an issue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2018
luffyhaki:
Mcstan18, trying to reach you..please check your mail

I've responded sir. Today na Sunday, so I go church

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.