Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,454 members, 7,836,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90431 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2017
LordAdam16:

I no even reply am.

We don know her abi na he finish.

BTW, pls send a mail to u.t.o.r.o.2.g.o.o.d2007@gmail.com (remove the dots ofc).

-Lord

Ok I Will....Thanks LordAdam

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2017
I find all the insults you all have been hurling at each other very amusing. I needed the laugh. I don't think the pidgin lady and the timesup guy should be taken seriously because it is clear that they are both living in denial and pretending to be oblivious to the current situation in Nigeria.

Timesup even went as far as saying that Nigeria is one of the safest countries in the world I couldn't help but snigger, how amusing! he seems adept at posting skewed analysis just to smear our image. I remember he once posted something about African-Americans that he got off a White nationalist website. and in that way and so many others, I know he will stop at nothing to see that the world sees America as the worst country on earth. well he can only try.

There's no perfect country in the world but when the ills of a country outweigh the pros then a solution ought to be sought right away.
Majority of Nigerians are complaining that they are living in hell - they are not blind to see what's happening nor do they choose to pretend to be oblivious to their predicament - yet a few of the comfy Nigerians would curse the (majority) suffering ones out rather than share in their worries. Too sad.

Living in denial is a disease. you can't solve a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it exists.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
iRyan:
I find all the insults you all have been hurling at each other very amusing. I needed the laugh. I don't think the pidgin lady and the timesup guy should be taken seriously because it is clear that they are both living in denial and pretending to be oblivious to the current situation in Nigeria.

Timesup even went as far as saying that Nigeria is one of the safest countries in the world I couldn't help but snigger, how amusing! he seems adept at posting skewed analysis just to smear our image. I remember he once posted something about African-Americans that he got off a White nationalist website. and in that way and so many others, I know he will stop at nothing to see that the world sees America as the worst country on earth. well he can only try.

There's no perfect country in the world but when the ills of a country outweigh the pros then a solution ought to be sought right away.
Majority of Nigerians are complaining that they are living in hell - they are not blind to see what's happening nor do they choose to pretend to be oblivious to their predicament - yet a few of the comfy Nigerians would curse the (majority) suffering ones out rather than share in their worries. Too sad.

Living in denial is a disease. you can't solve a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it exists.

Thank you Sir... you have aptly summarized the crux of Nigeria's problem - Willful Ignorance.. denying Truth just to satisfy Hope

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by simphz01: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
@BLUFLYBOY
Well my opinion is if you want to multiply that money that you have accumulated rather move to South Africa. U can either stay in Capetwon or Johannesburg Sandton area. start a bussiness. Oh stay away from South african women if you want your money to last they are beautiful and addictive. And also stay away from ur brother from Naija who are quick to want help you they will finish ur money faster than a gold gidding woman. Be careful yet use ur smarts...hope this helps
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Assassin101: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bsc and MSC in d USA? SMH
BluFlyBoy:

Of course I do, but I'm still asking, I want to get as much information as possible. I'm not trying to offend anyone, [b]I just looking for know what [/b]people are feeling.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

That pikin Pidgin2 lack sense
Dem devide sense finish b4 dem born am

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Seahawk: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

That is a country that made good use of its oil wealth. Bros I can tell u confidently that in Norway not as little as 1 is poor. Just like all other Scandinavian countries , it is a near perfect welfare state as we call it in Norwegian ‘velfardstat’. U re guaranteed life’s basic necessity.
Yea I know that
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
iRyan:

timesup234 case is classic . He was refused US Visa and had a Ban . Since then he had this vendata if spelt right against the US he is anti US for that simple fact just like the devil knows hell is HOT but want others to join him.He lives at home with his parents as well,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Pojomojo: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
YOU NAILED IT
LordAdam16:

For factory job.

Which is embarrassingly low because in China, with all the population and cheap labor, factory jobs are over $1000/mo.

You make valid points, but I could slam you for the same reasons you're slamming others.

NIGERIA is a sh*thole. That is a fact.

That you're able to make it. Or that less than 10% make a decent salary does not make it any less than a sh*thole.

Most people are not living in Nigeria, they're surviving.

There's a reason why America is called the land of opportunity and the West welcome immigrants (well, until recently); while here in Nigeria we emphasize on connections. Whoever has connections in any part of the globe will get better opportunities. Simple as!

However, the average person would not always have these connections. That's why people go to school (or some higher learning institution) to get vital skills and improve themselves so they can get jobs based on merit and are able to live comfortably.

Trust me, if you can make $6000 annually in Nigeria, you can make $60k annually in the West. You say you do freelancing and you think that's some big deal.

Well, let's see. In the West, one could buy a new laptop with a credit card, or pay in installments. Get grandfathered in for cheap with 4G internet (not mobile broadband) or go to a coffee shop and use WiFi for free. Electricity is cheap and constant. Rent is the only big issue, but you can stay with a roommate or go live downtown. And here's the important fact, rather than rely solely on platforms that could axe your account anytime, you actually have the leverage of contacting local businesses and entrepreneurs locally for better paying gigs.

So, you see. If you can hustle hard to make it in Nigeria as a freelancer, it wouldn't even be a struggle for you in the West. And if all else fails, there's always the option to flip burgers at McDonalds or sell popcorn at Target for $11/hour. And have a second and even third job to boost your finance.

Can someone make it in Nigeria? Yes. But let's not mislead people to believe it'll only require the same effort it'd take to make it outside the shores. It'd take considerably more. Unless, you're deeply connected or extremely lucky. To be absolutely clear, that's not how things should be. Running a business in Nigeria is insane.

And here's the most important factor I've not seen mentioned in this thread, life in Nigeria. I hate it. I can't even bring myself to read some stories on NL anymore. I don't keep up with the #EndSARS campaign on Twitter because the stories shared by fellow Nigerians make me sick. Literally. And to know nothing will be done about it just makes me more bitter.

This is a country where the Airforce killed innocent refugees apparently by mistake and nothing happened. Nothing came out of the investigation and nobody is bothered. Nobody out of almost 200m people is bothered. Every week women are raped, farmers are killed in my home state by certain untouchable people and it doesn't even make the news. Even if it does, we are all content with displaying momentary sadness on social media, and practically 60 seconds later we don't give a sh*t. No protest.

People die and live like dogs and no one gives a sh*t. Not even the deeply religious people.

It's like we've become conditioned to barbarism, we think this is all life can offer, and the only thing that matters to us is the size of our bank accounts. Because deep down we all know it's the only thing stopping us from being bundled accidentally into a prison and left to rot for a fabricated crime. Or to protect yourself from criminals. Or to give yourself a semblance of a normal life and numb yourself to the harsh truth that is the Nigerian way of life.

I don't think you've ever sat down and thought about how many people go missing in Nigeria daily. The skulls being sold for 2k, who were those people? Someone earlier today was drawing attention to the fact that her brother had been missing for 7 years after been taken by SARS. That could be you. Taken, killed, dumped in a bush or in a river. EOD. Case closed. No missing person's report. If there is, it's just another file or name. The killers will be out the next day scouting for their next victim. At the end of the month, they're paid by a government that claims to serve you. Unless you are connected to a top politician or a top businessman or clergy or let's just say a high ranking member of the society.

I honestly cannot respect anyone who looks at this Nigeria, where laws aren't worth sh*t, and says it's a good place to live in because some happen to have more money and live in gated communities in Lekki or Asokoro or in high-brow neighborhoods. It feels like it's a living hazard to stay in Nigeria as an average Nigerian.

Making more money doesn't make your life better. It just allows you to game a system rigged to cater to the highest bidder to the detriment of the average Joe and Jane. And you don't mind and you don't care. Because you know it's either you or them.

I know for most Nigerians, none of this matters. You could care less if Dangote's trailer mows down everyone in your street, as long as you're the only one who makes it out alive. It'd make for a good testimony on Sunday. Every other person be damned. No one would call for the Dangote driver to be prosecuted or even follow it up. No one would call for stricter implementation of speed limits. You wouldn't. We'd just go ahead hoping we keep cheating death and unfortunate situations until our luck runs out.

Such that the same issues that killed our fathers are the same issues killing our children. No improvements.

And you think that's living the good life? With your 400 f*cking dollars. You think it's worth it to expose yourself to the dangers and stress of living in this bloody country for how much? I mean you've practically priced your quality of life. And I've not even started talking about healthcare, government accountability, lifestyle compatibility and the likes.

It's a long read, and I salute your patriotism, but it is seriously misplaced.

-Lord
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by AngelicBeing: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Dem devide sense finish b4 dem born am
grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by kroger: 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

timesup234 case is classic . He was refused US Visa and had a Ban . Since then he had this vendata if spelt right against the US he is anti US for that simple fact just like the devil knows hell is HOT but want others to join him.He lives at home with his parents as well,

grin grin grin

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Beautyaddy: 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Buhahahaha!!!!

So correct...that's why I've rested my case responding to him.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Agbaletu: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Technical knock out. I cannot laugh o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
Organs:

Bros, you yab nobi small.... so na wetin dey trip you be this?? agric chicken wey no get pepper, how u dey fit chop am, something wey dey bland... u go begin find mild sauce or ketchup.... see suffer head so you no see efo-riro or edikang-ikong chop.. or at the very least beta hard naija chicken.....i give you 6months.... you go pity yourself unless nobi naija suffer-head blood dey run through your veins
Na who be this Pidgin2 puppy. Na u wan tell me how to chop chicken wey u neva chop for long? I know say u never recover from d recession na wetin they make grunt. Make jealousy no kill una two throway. I go give una high bp and when una die vultures go celebrate beta xmas. At least u and Pidgin2 are of no use to humanity. For d fact that u folks feel that Naija na ur paradise goes to show that u never like anything good and anything good wud never come ur way.

I can confidently say that u re not well fed than dogs here. Hunger don reset una brain d remaining thing na to desposit u and Pidgin2 for Yaba Left.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

I would not doubt it cos they vent their frustration. We know say d recession come complicate matter for them so they- Pidgin2, Organ and Timesa are bunch of deluded good-for-nothing creatures whose existence are of no worth. Hence, their inevitable doom wud be a riddance to rubbish.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Na who be this Pidgin2 puppy. Na u wan tell me how to chop chicken wey u neva chop for long? I know say u never recover from d recession na wetin they make grunt. Make jealousy no kill una two throway. I go give una high bp and when una die vultures go celebrate beta xmas. At least u and Pidgin2 are of no use to humanity. For d fact that u folks feel that Naija na ur paradise goes to show that u never like anything good and anything good wud never come ur way.

I can confidently say that u re not well fed than dogs here. Hunger don reset una brain d remaining thing na to desposit u and Pidgin2 for Yaba Left.
Leave that guy two things will happen to him soon.either E small credit go finish or PHCN go take light . angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I would not doubt it cos they vent their frustration. We know say d recession come complicate matter for them so they- Pidgin2, Organ and Timesa are bunch of deluded good-for-nothing creatures whose existence are of no worth. Hence, their inevitable doom wud be a riddance to rubbish.
Nah the Sun dey cause am.U know wen it gets too hot certain people become unstable . Nah reboot sure pass ahahah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hahahaha grin
Pidgin2 see an electric car u were jubilating to see in Lagos. Just one u saw u said I will develop high bp. I just showed one now.
It shows how local u re living a backward country that is centuries behind far civilization.
Oh my God I can’t imagine u were rejoicing at the sight of just one ‘used’ electric car in Lagos when here u see them like water even the expensive like Tesla used as taxi. Chai, anyway I ve no tears to shed for the spell casted upon u which can never be reversed.
U re really cursed far beyond redemption. Even in South Africa they have been using electric cars way back and u just saw one in Lagos not that it is brand new but used and u re jubilating.
Now I see that a local dog roaming d street has sense than u.
Anyway let me feed u with more pics of electric cars u ve never seen in ur miserable wretched life.

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Seahawk:
oh I love that snow.
We should be getting some tomorrow
Guy d snow massive no be small.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
timesup234:
But u get mouth sha. Only you just knock out 10 people at once. Them must dread
U ve ot answered my question? Ok America is worse than Nigeria, what can u say about scandinavian countries? U dey dodge d question. Let’s have point-based argument here.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Nah the Sun dey cause am.U know wen it gets too hot certain people become unstable . Nah reboot sure pass ahahah

Lol Savage!!!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by timesup234: 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Buhahahaha!!!!

So correct...that's why I've rested my case responding to him.
All this because you want to defend a country where your forefathers were taken to as slaves. You are even a bigger slave since your forefathers were forced out of the continent while you willingly choose to subject yourself to modern day slavery. Oya go clean and scrub that floor for factory before your illiterate white boss sees u are idle. Hope you know the punishment for that?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Organs(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Bros, calm down, e be like say you just enter Norway. You sound very very hungry and frustrated. Also, you still dey struggle learn the language i am sure. Stop boasting and thinking you are better than folks in naija, you are still a hustler big time. That chicken you have in your hands, i cannot eat it for any reason. It is $3.99 and it is buy one get one free at walmart, Sams club and most fiesta markets some few hours to closing. Naija chicken is x2, $8.00 each. Ewedu, efo riro, edikang-ikong all are imported and very expensive, na suffer head and JJC dey make you chop genetically produced food. There are so many people in naija that just visit and come back to naija. So, keep your JJC mouth in check.... cos, in a year's time, you will feel embarrassed boasting about genetically modified chicken that is not good for your health.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Organs:

Bros, calm down, e be like say you just enter Norway. You sound very very hungry and frustrated. Also, you still dey struggle learn the language i am sure. Stop boasting and thinking you are better than folks in naija, you are still a hustler big time. That chicken you have in your hands, i cannot eat it for any reason. It is $3.99 and it is buy one get one free at walmart, Sams club and most fiesta markets some few hours to closing. Naija chicken is x2, $8.00 each. Ewedu, efo riro, edikang-ikong all are imported and very expensive, na suffer head and JJC dey make you chop genetically produced food. There are so many people in naija that just visit and come back to naija. So, keep your JJC mouth in check.... cos, in a year's time, you will feel embarrassed boasting about genetically modified chicken that is not good for your health.
The way U dey mean this chiken matter E B like say Mopol dey where dem dey sell chiken for Una Area?

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
timesup234:
All this because you want to defend a country where your forefathers were taken to as slaves. You are even a bigger slave since your forefathers were forced out of the continent while you willingly choose to subject yourself to modern day slavery. Oya go clean and scrub that floor for factory before your illiterate white boss sees u are idle. Hope you know the punishment for that?
Stop Hating, accept your faith.No matter how U cry even if U like cry Blood, no lifting of the ban

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Organs:

I never claimed to be superior to any sensible human except u and Pidgin2 who are less humans. Na u and Pidgin2 be sufferhead hunger-stricken fellows. I am not new in d scandinavia having lived in both Sweden and Norway now. Yes as for d language I can not say I am perfect but ve sufficient knowledge to work with.
Ur poverty orientation makes u feel that by going to Walmart etc makes u rich. Y can u eat the chicken I eat when u pick food from d garbage that even household pets wud reject. U and ur hunger afflicted Pidgin2 are not even well fed than animals here.
Refugees here are well taken off not to talk of people working here. Mind u if u dont know scandinavia is a welfare state. Pls take ur time to google it.
Norway as d only oil producing scandinavian country is a true picture of what Nigeria should ve been if its oil wealth was utilized. Less than 10% of it land are arable but yet food brekete here.
Yes I am a hustler big time no doubt about that but yet have d basics that u can only dream of.
U re delusional to say many people visit and come back. What is d ratio of those who visit of which u can never be part of to those who don’t like u.
Come on go and reset ur destiny. Get off, I ve noticed u enough recession-stricken ... tongue
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

The way U dey mean this chiken matter E B like say Mopol dey where dem dey sell chiken for Una Area?
Na hunger. D thing wey hunger fit do person. D guy never recover from recession to fit buy chicken. Pidgin2 don run hide.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Organs(m): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
erico2k2:

What is this one saying? You see grown up man carry genetically produced chicken that is bad for you, dey feel cool, you no call mopol for am, or call yaba left police to hold him down... when him enter market now, you go begin regret say you suppose hold am before the case jump from Fayose to FFK...

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
timesup234:
What form of slavery is worse to work in ur own country and be impoverished by being owed salaries for months even after bail out funds or federal govt intervention. Here, where I live even Asian au pairs are never owed and never maltreated. I ve been working for about 4 years and never for once do I fear that my salary wud be delayed even by a day.
What of Nigerians who after working in their own country are being owed pension and told to come for endless verification exercises whereas some Africans here who are on pension are paid even if they choose to retire back in their country of birth.
Labour conditions is slavish in Nigeria. Why do we ve labour unions going on incessant strikes, teachers, lecturers, doctors and allied health workers etc going on strike if not due to slavish conditions.
Who now is d slave? Don’t let stupidity cloud ur sense of good reason unless u lack one.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Organs(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I never claimed to be superior to any sensible human except u and Pidgin2 who are less humans. Na u and Pidgin2 be sufferhead hunger-stricken fellows. I am not new in d scandinavia having lived in both Sweden and Norway now. Yes as for d language I can not say I am perfect but ve sufficient knowledge to work with.
Ur poverty orientation makes u feel that by going to Walmart etc makes u rich. Y can u eat the chicken I eat when u pick food from d garbage that even household pets wud reject. U and ur hunger afflicted Pidgin2 are not even well fed than animals here.
Refugees here are well taken off not to talk of people working here. Mind u if u dont know scandinavia is a welfare state. Pls take ur time to google it.
Norway as d only oil producing scandinavian country is a true picture of what Nigeria should ve been if its oil wealth was utilized. Less than 10% of it land are arable but yet food brekete here.
Yes I am a hustler big time no doubt about that but yet have d basics that u can only dream of.
U re delusional to say many people visit and come back. What is d ratio of those who visit of which u can never be part of to those who don’t like u.
Come on go and reset ur destiny. Get off, I ve noticed u enough recession-stricken ... tongue

You dont even know me. Imagine all your summation... Anyways, if sense remain for your head (right now not much) at the end, after all the mouth and boasts, you will come back to naija and be begging pidgin2 to marry you and follow you to your Norway cos you're lonely and you no wan marry oyinbo and you're tired of eating cikin without pepper and need a naija babe in your life and that your life don bend like FFk life, plenty snow, no companion, loneliness, language barrier... sobs..sobs,sobs... wail....lol... Keep boasting and running your mouth...

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
Organs:

What is this one saying? You see grown up man carry genetically produced chicken that is bad for you, dey feel cool, you no call mopol for am, or call yaba left police to hold him down... when him enter market now, you go begin regret say you suppose hold am before the case jump from Fayose to FFK...
Nor B dat I dey talk, I jst dey wonder why U mean dis chiken matter, cos nor B only U see am.chiken trap catch U that year?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2017
Organs:

You dont even know me. Imagine all your summation... Anyways, if sense remain for your head (right now not much) at the end, after all the mouth and boasts, you will come back to naija and be begging pidgin2 to marry you and follow you to your Norway cos you're lonely and you no wan marry oyinbo and you're tired of eating cikin without pepper and need a naija babe in your life and that your life don bend like FFk life, plenty snow, no companion, loneliness, language barrier... sobs..sobs,sobs... wail....lol... Keep boasting and running your mouth...
Hahahahaha, mad cow disease has afflicted ur brain making u demented. I rather remain celibate than marry a beast. I wud never stoop so low to condescend to marrying Pidgin2. I ve companionship of a beautifully made woman. As for language barrier, we ve overcome that. So stop wailing. I don’t care to know non-entity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40)

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.