Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring (4495 Views)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? / Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2010
Na wa oh
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2010
Hahahaha
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by manmustwac(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2010
Obviously all parents don't want thier children to suffer including pastors. They know that being a pastor is an easy way to make money. And what their children to get thier rewards here on earth rather than in the imaginary Heaven.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Zodiac61(m): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2010
May kelly:

Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring

[size=18pt]Would they have rather ask them to join politics in NIGERIA?[/size]
@ may kelly,
Why are you always shouting?

It is the family business, innit
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2010
i know of a general overseer in kaduna that placed his two kids on salary from the church money,they even earn morethan some of his pastors,all these are wrong.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
segyemaro:

i know of a general overseer in kaduna that placed his two kids on salary from the church money,they even earn morethan some of his pastors,all these are wrong.

I am so sure you are not saying the whole truth.
Are the kids not doing anything in the church and they are just on salary for being the sons of the pastors?
They must be involved in some full time or part time ministry.
If they are just been paid for doing nothing, give me the number to that church and I WILL PERSONALLY INVESTIGATE. but dont come and spread rumor if u have no fact oh, cos that will be bad
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2010
Phemmmy,what will i gain for lieing?if you realy want to know,i wont give u his fone number but i will take you to the church if you can come down to kaduna. I stays at plot 154 chalawa crescent, barnawa. About the pastor's kids, they are both less than 14 yrs. So dont doubt me.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
segyemaro:

Phemmmy,what will i gain for lieing?if you realy want to know,i wont give u his fone number but i will take you to the church if you can come down to kaduna. I stays at plot 154 chalawa crescent, barnawa. About the pastor's kids, they are both less than 14 yrs. So dont doubt me.

I wont be able to come with you, cos i dont reside in Nigeria, however, i would love to call that church and i will come back and report my findings, cos i think that will be ludicrous if it was true, you sure the money is not been paid by their father thru his salary.
Cos what would the kids do with money and when u said more than some pastors, that got me worried.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2010
Phemmmy you doubt people alot.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ndigbo: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2010
And God called Abraham n promised 2 use his descendant, so it's not the Overseer's fault, but God has made it so.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by osaromike: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Who said so?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
kenny888:

Phemmmy you doubt people alot.

Not at all.
I just like to walk with fact and not " dem say"
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^Graduates can't find jobs in Nigeria but you're telling me it's right to employ a couple of teenagers at Church expense?
LOL@ being paid by their dad through his salary, it's Nigeria we're talking about here.

If you have seen a rich westerner "spoil" their children the way Africans of same means do, do share!
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
ogajim:

^^^Graduates can't find jobs in Nigeria but you're telling me it's right to employ a couple of teenagers at Church expense?
LOL@ being paid by their dad through his salary, it's Nigeria we're talking about here.

If you have seen a rich westerner "spoil" their children the way Africans of same means do, do share!

Oga, read my post well oh . . . I never said it is right and i will never support such nonsense.
Thus my asking for the number to call such church, cos i think that was ridiculous.
I was just asking maybe they were paying their school fees and stuff like that.
I will never support such abuse of office
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
Thank you sir for the clarification, I came back from naija last month, these sort of things are getting worse maybe due to the economy but we can joke with the KINGDOM of God.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Zodiac61(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Oga, read my post well oh . . . I never said it is right and i will never support such nonsense.
Thus my asking for the number to call such church, cos i think that was ridiculous.
I was just asking maybe they were paying their school fees and stuff like that.
I will never support such abuse of office
I presume that it would not be misappropriation of the church's funds if such funds were being used to pay the GO's children's school fees. Of course it would be.
Because there are no independent structures in most of these churches, their leaders can get away with anything.
The least one expects their members to do is insist on some sort of independent auditors chosen or elected by members. One can dream, it will never happen. These guys are too paranoid to allow it.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2010
Zodiac61:

I presume that it would not be misappropriation of the church's funds if such funds were being used to pay the GO's children's school fees. Of course it would be.
Because there are no independent structures in most of these churches, their leaders can get away with anything.
The least one expects their members to do is insist on some sort of independent auditors chosen or elected by members. One can dream, it will never happen. These guys are too paranoid to allow it.

Chief, there are some places where the payment of the school fees will be deducted from the salary of the pastor.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
Phemmmy this G.O is paying his children's salary along wit other pastors salary,he is doing this out of greediness because this money is coming back to him. The money is not for school fees as you have thought. This pastor is someone i know very well. He has the spirit of jealousy, whenever any of his pastor is progressing he will move him to a local branch of the church. When GSM newly came out, one of the church members bought a GSM phone for one of the pastors,this pastor out of fear sold out the phone,when i asked him why because we are from the same village,his response was that "you want papa to sack me?" so phemmmy i am not forcing you to believe me,we are all entitle to our opinion. Shikena
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
segyemaro:

Phemmmy this G.O is paying his children's salary along wit other pastors salary,he is doing this out of greediness because this money is coming back to him. The money is not for school fees as you have thought. This pastor is someone i know very well. He has the spirit of jealousy, whenever any of his pastor is progressing he will move him to a local branch of the church. When GSM newly came out, one of the church members bought a GSM phone for one of the pastors,this pastor out of fear sold out the phone,when i asked him why because we are from the same village,his response was that "you want papa to sack me?" so phemmmy i am not forcing you to believe me,we are all entitle to our opinion. Shikena

Chief, if all you have said are true, then, the G.O need to go before the Lord and ask for forgiveness.
Besides, if the pastors under him are so afraid of him and yet they did nothing wrong, they need to move away from such church too, cos the God never gave us the spirit of fear but that of sound mind
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
Phemmmy,some of his pastors have left him and he always tell them never to step the church premises again or else he will get them arrested. You see phemmmy,these GO's have turned themselves into a demi-god,i dont know wether these exist in were you are.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
segyemaro:

Phemmmy,some of his pastors have left him and he always tell them never to step the church premises again or else he will get them arrested. You see phemmmy,these GO's have turned themselves into a demi-god,i dont know wether these exist in were you are.

Like i said, such is nonsense . . . . But there are still very good ones
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by igwetasere: 1:15am On Apr 10, 2010
THE ART OF MANIPULATION Vol.1: Tithing (Re-Uploaded) [/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgm8VW-__ow&annotation_id=annotation_822269&feature=iv[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciI_VOyRTis&feature=related][/url]

Art Of Manipulation Vol.2 (Tithing-Testi-lying) [size=8pt][/size][b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciI_VOyRTis&feature=related

TIME TO WAKE UP[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by igwetasere: 1:33am On Apr 10, 2010
Fleecing The Flock: Through Hypnosis Vol.1[/color][size=8pt][/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSJiAwXgXY&feature=related

Money Church Scams_Vol.1[color=#990000]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j35ihONRGdY&NR=1

wake up[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2010
Na wetin all these one mean na?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ajokeakin: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2010
I wonder ooo!
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
Igwetasere i am still expecting response from u.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2010
All these GO's are just cheating their members and their pastors.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by igwetasere: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
The Truth about Tithing by Pastor Antonio Thomas of Freedom Christian Church in Tucker, GA[b][/b]

THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHING INTRODUCED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wiZovdpl0&NR=1
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2010
Pstbolanta.i thought you were a pastor.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Joagbaje(m): 10:59am On Apr 14, 2010
A son does the work of the father. What would you have a pastor's son become? They are oneof the most attacked people by the devil. right from bible days , Like Eli sons , Samuel sons becoming wayward children , we have many pastor's sons joining cults and wild parties today. If you find a pastor bring up his Children in ministry, he should be commended. He is a sucessful man. A son is suposed to take after the father.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

John 5:17
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Benjamin was left handed , the whole tribe of benjamin also were left handed.
Judges 3:15
But when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, the Lord raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.

Judges 20:16

Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.

It is a spiritual law sort of in my opinion. A father leaves legacy behind for his Children . Abraham taught his household after God. Having Family member in the ministry is a spiritual success and not the carnal "family business " thing that some people on this forum would have us belive. Moses was leader and pastor. His Elder brother Aaron was highpriest, His Elder sister Mirian was prophetess. Aaron sons were in ministry. Philip the Evangelist's daughters were in ministry.

Acts 21:8-9
we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. [9] And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

So if you see a man that is able to sucessfuly bring his family up in ministry, he should be commended.
What qualified James as head of the Church in jerusalem? My guess: "he was Jesus's younger brother!
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

What qualified James as head of the Church in jerusalem? My guess: "he was Jesus's younger brother!

The same James that was a "baby" christian  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Son Of Man ? {let The Bible Speak} / The World Is Coming To An End / Top Ten Astonishing Miracles (warning, Some Graphihc Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.