Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (101872 Views)

ANONYMOUS By ANONYMOUS / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / 3 Sisters And A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by badohemmy(m): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2018
Cadec007:
if it is that interesting can i get the link pls?
I started but couldn't finish. It's quite detailed and informative. Enjoy.
https://www.nairaland.com/1333913/there-back-time-nairaland-best#16405786

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 8:55am On Feb 17, 2018
Wednesday came. As usual, I went late for CDs wearing a sneakers that's not white. And although I was still feeling very ill and have lost my voice, I was ready to bring the last CDs ish forward (the one with Andra) My subconscious had dressed in a royal regalia, adjusting her glasses till it was just on the tip of her nose, with a wig on her head. Looking like a lawyer from France in the 70s.
Just as the president asked if there was any other business and my subconscious was getting ready to state her case, Lanle took it right out of me. Picking each point just like I told her I would do. I was a little bit unhappy with her for stealing 'my moment'. Because, even with my lost voice I was ready for the drama that would have taken place. Andra being smart said nothing the entire time Lanle talked.

I didn't feel the love in the air. I was like a freaking zombie. I had not not been sleeping prior to that day. Cough won't let me. Just right after CDs, I rushed to get a cough syrup that would make me sleep. And that was how I spent the entire Valentine day; overdosed on cough syrup and sleeping. I woke up by 6pm feeling stronger but depressed...I did not know depression was a side effect of cough syrups. I wasn't particularly depressed about something. I was just blank, emotionless.
Lanle came over. We were going to hangout with Dan and some other people. To put it simply, it was boring. Although, I wasn't feeling any emotions, I didn't just want to go home and be alone.
Just as we were leaving the place, we saw Boss coming in. When he saw us leaving, he decided to reverse. I asked to join him to where he was going to. I didn't have the time to think about it. I just jumped into his car.
I had to change direction and just asked that he dropped me off at my place when he told me he was going to hangout out with some friends including his girlfriend...'girlfriend' my brain needed to process that part. The intelligent part of my brain was quick to transmit the 'I Don't want to intrude' line to my mouth. And that was what he heard. But the part he didn't hear, was from my adrenaline, it suggested a fight or flight option. And I chose wisely...I'm not even strong enough to smile, I didn't want to get beaten because of a man. How will I tell people?
And although, he kept saying it wouldn't be a problem if I came. I'm sure he was just being nice. Though I spent the valentine alone, sleeping almost immediately, I was happy I didn't get beat that night.

I got a promo job. One of those where you go to a bar and try to convince customers to drink your brand, because they stand a chance of winning something. Anti social me. I don't even like talking to people when they are sober. Now I have to doll up and talk to drunk, alcohol-induced egotistical men? My first night wasn't totally bad. All I needed was the promise of money to push me out of my comfort zone. I smiled a lot, gisted with them about work, asked about their families. Even my subconscious opened her mouth in exaggerated surprised. I didn't know I was such a good actress. As for the men, they are not so bad until they're drunk...and that was all me. I kept convincing them to buy more with a little flirting. Smiles broader than usual, laughs louder than normal. Luckily, I was off my depressing cough syrup medication. Before it was dark, I was almost done with the scratch board for that day.
The insistent asking of ' will I win you?' Or the ones that say; ' it's you I want '. The constant asking for my number and address...I pity Lanle a little every time i gave out her address as mine. There were some who were waiting for me to finish with work. Constantly reminding me that they were still waiting.
One customer that kept reminding me he's a police officer and worked with a very smart Rivers state boy...he told me that story every single time I stop by his table. He told me he'd wait for me to close, so we could home together. I looked at him, his protruding stomach that was almost going to rip his button off. My lingering mind, just imagined him on top of me...I almost puked. I wondered, how exactly he did not pity me right now.

Whenever they asked where I was from and I told them, it was stories of how they've visited Rivers state, how they've worked their. One particular customer kept asking me if I knew Bakassi. I told him that was Cross river. But no. He kept asking, I just had to resent and told him I knew it asking if it was the broader with Cameroon. I even told him, I had visited the place before...I just really needed him to shut up.

Another customer told me, not silently that he was positive I would be good in bed. Because according to him slim girls did it better...arghh! Half the bar heard it. My smile closed a little, but I still insisted that he took my brand.
Another clean looking guy. He was okay at first. Ordering for more and more as I insisted. Dude got high and asked that I sat next to him so he could touch and feel my body...'eww' I thought. I politely told him my supervisor will be pissed if he saw me sitting with a customer.
I did enjoy it though. The woman in charge of the bar was really nice. Although, she made sure every customer knew my name. She was sweet. Smiling and even gave me food when she noticed I was hungry. Offering me drinks from time to time, which I declined with the excuse that I was working. She gave me hints on how to do talk, dress and act.
It was just my first day. So expect more stories like this for the next six weeks.

11 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 10:15am On Feb 17, 2018
Thanks for the update i would be expecting more from you.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Oh, the cough and it's syrup are to blame for my gloomy valentine's day! Well, there's next year and you'll still love me then.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2018
The hustle is for Real,u gat alot to tell ur kidz when the time cometh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by honourable356(m): 10:38am On Feb 17, 2018
This sound like day to day activities at your PPA in plateau state... a narrative essay I will say, made even more exciting by your choice of words..

However, I am amazed that you could even remember and narrate everything even in details and obvious with a little exaggeration here and there. The more and more I read your story till this latest update, the more and more I tried to recall the event that happened during my time in Kano back in 2008, but it end up a futile attempt.

Everything, so far for a first timer screams potentials! potentials!! potentials!!! Like play, like play, it turns out to something beautiful and has continued to grow... it may not stand out but it unarguably drew attention.

You will do something extraordinary with the bic or keyboard that thousands would be eager to read and those who have read it before, won't get tired reading it again.

But,

It all depend if you can stay inspired and motivated.

Gh0sts Nurture that burning flames..

Best wishes!!

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by IamBlanco(m): 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
on Valentine's day, while others were spending, someone was busy earning. nice 1 gh0st... kiss

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Iamhappiness(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
gh0sts:
joislim and olufemiwhit...update don show
Ma'am, this your story is very interesting and very funny too. But I find it hard to believe that you're still serving. I think you already finished your youth service. And these events you're writing about probably happened three or four years ago. And you're only copying them out from your diary. And please stop doing drugs, it's not good for you. Why should you use your hard earned money to purchase something that could put your precious life at risk. There're better ways of enjoying your life than becoming a drug addict. Please accept Jesus Christ into your life before it's too late. All the same, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Iamhappiness:

Ma'am, this your story is very interesting and very funny too. But I find it hard to believe that you're still serving. I think you already finished your youth service. And these events you're writing about probably happened three or four years ago. And you're only copying them out from your diary. And please stop doing drugs, it's not good for you. Why should you use your hard earned money to purchase something that could put your precious life at risk. There're better ways of enjoying your life than becoming a drug addict. Please accept Jesus Christ into your life before it's too late. All the same, thanks.
Who be dis 1 nah ¿¿¿

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Joislim(f): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nice updates from Gh0st..... still following

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Soteriahascome: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Who be dis 1 nah ¿¿¿
Shut up man... He gave a nice advice.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Jwonder(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
update oooh! we need update oooh!! i don taya to to reload d page over 20 times..

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
Soteriahascome:

Shut up man... He gave a nice advice.
You could av been less foolish if you didn't add the 'shut up'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Soteriahascome: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
You could av been less foolish if you didn't add the 'shut up'

You can now feel like a champion!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
Abeg where is Milady?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by ClassicMan202(m): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Abeg where is Milady?

she's over here.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
ClassicMan202:

she's over here.. grin grin

My friend, my friend... She doesn't even know you grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by ClassicMan202(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
BiadeFolar:

My friend, my friend... She doesn't even know you grin

Lols.... At least she sees my moniker grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by harjibolar10(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2018
You have a nice piece of work doing here thou...

I can perfectly relate with your "Narration", cos I had a similar experience with the people of Nnewi South thou.

BiadeFolar ehn... I like your MORAL and Optimusm faaa

I would have written one long epistle like that sha, but gone are the days... BTW, lwt the good work contunu

OluwabuqqYOLO Boss, I hail oo

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
No update since ooo.....ghost hp all is well......
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Jwonder(m): 6:26am On Feb 27, 2018
What's going on cry cry Ghost are you okay, hope everything is cool?? , please give us an update cry cry cry cry
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by tzminaj(f): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
Op ur story is so funny n interesting.... More updates pls
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Jwonder(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
what's going on, Ghost you're making me scared ooh! hope you are fine? Even if you don't have an update just drop a word to assure us that you're okay. cry
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by sussybae(f): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jwonder:
what's going on, Ghost you're making me scared ooh! hope you are fine? Even if you don't have an update just drop a word to assure us that you're okay. cry
Yes...let know if you are fine

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Adesina12: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
sussybae:

Yes...let know if you are fine

There's nothing in her coconut head to write about at moment
She's to wait for events to unfold before turning them into white and black
She's going to write about the marijuana she smoke and plenty knacking she got over the weekend grin
Sweet popcorn for you on your return ugly gh0st corper

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by franklyncj: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
where on earth is GHOST? why keeping me high and for so long...
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Adesina12:

She's going to write about the marijuana she smoke and plenty knacking she got over the weekend grin

Just lemme catch, if I don't kill kee you ehn, call me a baitahd. you this baffoon
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by sussybae(f): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Adesina12:

that is rude!!
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by bimberry1307(f): 2:25am On Mar 02, 2018
Adesina12:

guy, behave now. What the hell is wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by collinometricx: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2018
Adesina12 :

is it nt attention yhu are looking for and the attention yhu will get
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Adesina12: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
collinometricx:
is it nt attention yhu are looking for and the attention yhu will get

I beg Pali na joke level I dey ooo
I am not here to seek anyone's attention
Let ghosts condemn me before assisting her to finally crucify me
Thank you
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Adesina12: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
bimberry1307:

guy, behave now. What the hell is wrong with you?

No comment shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.