Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (101930 Views)

ANONYMOUS By ANONYMOUS / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / 3 Sisters And A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by EvaJael(f): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ksslib:

Trust me, it's not easy to work on. It's the most difficult thing ever to even begin to try to understand in the first place before we can even start talking about working on it.

And I know this because I'm melancholic (i guess the op probably is, too). Hers happens once/twice a month - this means she be learner for where I dey sef cos I consider myself one of the grand-patron of mood swings. lol . And it has affected my relationship with people in so many ways.

That thing acts like a demon. Inshort it's a demon. One moment you're happy and vibrant, the next moment, everything begins to irritate you, down to the way the person next to you breathes and smile. It's crazy.

You can compromise to reduce the severity to an extent, but at the end, you'll always learn to live with it because it's an integral part of some people's biological process. It's hardware, in-built.

Mood swings and melancholy both have close ties to creativity, which isn't a surprise given how the op writes with such finesse. Mood swing is probably the fuel that combusts creativity in the internal workings of some people's complex biological machine. Who knows.

sorry for the epistle.

You just understand it perfectly. Thumbs up op

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by favch(f): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by favch(f): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
U need to try work on ur mood swing CU's I was also a victim,
Being happy now n d next moment u r sad n little things n words gets u angry
I know its not easy cus it wasn't easy for me as well but u can overcome it if u want...u just need to pray, avoid talking much so u don't say hurtful words which u will later regret, n try to smile even for no reason, n do d things u enjoy duin e.g listening to music or reading

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
This got me like speechlers. So much emotion!
You don't have to work on any mood swing, I read about it already, so I'm not taking it up., I'll date you, you and your baggage

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2018
BiadeFolar:
This got me like speechlers. So much emotion!
You don't have to work on any mood swing, I read about it already, so I'm not taking it up., I'll date you, you and your baggage
Bad Guy......

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gucciqueen...no be so live be oh,u see dis sweet work nd u no call me,haba mana

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Asakel(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
Lovely narrative. I'm enjoying your story, Ghost.
Kudos!
Lemme goan buy popcorn before e finish for buka.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
Let me talk a little about Langtang North.

Langtang North is one of the hottest places in Plateau. And the main occupation of the people is farming. Langtang is occupied by a minority tribe called the tarok tribe. Their language is also tarok, not Hausa. Until then, I thought Hausa was the only language spoken on the Plateau.

Honestly, I find a lot of things about them strange and weird. But some are just normal. I'm going to write as many as I remember and subsequently, I'd write more.

They are very simple people. Their simplicity shocks me at times. Alot of them don't care about beautiful houses or cars as we do down south. It's simple. They farm to eat. Not even to sell for income. All they care about is what they'd eat at that moment. During the planting season,their main market which is on every Saturday will be filled up. Because, at that point, they are running out of food and need to sell some to buy more. The moment they harvest, their market become scanty because they have enough to eat and don't need money. Most people you see at that point, come from other places to sell.

Those that do other jobs, still have farm lands were they plant.
Sunday is always like Christmas in this town. All the monies they've worked for during the week get spent on Sundays. They get dressed in beautiful clothes and every bar in the town will be filled up. There's always a show going on at the popular hotel ' Bani '.

Walking in the mornings during the heat period is one of the most annoying things ever. Big flies will follow you like there's feces all over your body. They just won't follow you, they'll make sure you know they are following you with their buzzing. If you are wearing a fragrance (from soap, body cream, body spray or perfume)...you are on your own. They'll call their entire family; brothers, sisters, neighbors, ancestors. And they'll sing you a song to your destination. They don't just sing behind you. They'll touch you...that always give me goosebumps. Irritating.
Sitting outside in the mornings or evenings is never fun. They'll touch your bare body and sing in your ear until you run inside for cover. It's annoying that with all the heat, flies won't let you take fresh air.
At a point I had to start washing my plates and clothes inside my house.

Langtang is the only place I know where wearing a camouflage doesn't result in serious beating. A lot of them flag these camouflage and the army men just ignore them. For a place with a base...I understand that it's not called the home of generals for nothing. It's one of the first things you see when you google Langtang North.
They also have a cult group called 'red bandana'. They only thing I know that they do, Is intimidate people who wear a red bandana...
I've never heard that the police in Langtang arrested anybody. Jungle justice is given to both criminals and suspects.

Langtang is the only place on the Plateau where there's no Hausa. According to them, there was a big fight between the Hausa's and the Tarok people. And the Tarok won chasing away all the Hausa's. The Tarok people are mostly traditionalist or Christians. There's one mosque in the entire town. According to them, it is ceremonial. Herdsmen are also careful when they come to the town. The Tarok tribe might be a minority tribe, but a very strong tribe.

There's a huge segregation between sexes in the town. Their girls were brought up to be completely loyal and respectful to guys. Men don't fetch water in the town. You'd see pregnant women drawing water from the well. They talk to girls as they like. Do to them as they please. And expect girls to be one hundred percent respectful.
Most of their girls suffer from low self worth. Throwing themselves at guys, not for money or love. But mostly for rep. It's a big deal for them to tell their friends that they've slept with a corp member.
Most of them have no dream of leaving the town. It's the only place they know and only place they want to be.

I noticed that they have a lot of weird foods and weird way of eating some foods. There's morringa soup, morringa salad, Masai with groundnut soup, fried grasshoppers, dog meat, bat, duck, pork, zobo soup. They eat cassava raw, unripe mangoes, and. raw potatoes...

They can campaign for Africa. Campaign for election can continue till 10pm. They love elections.

Their harmattan is the best season ever. It's just as harsh as their sun. During that period, there'll be no flies...best thing about that period. The cold during their harmattan is just awesome. And the harmattan starts as early as October. During this period, the grasses turns brown. Harvest has been done, so most of the bushes are burnt. Trees are fell for fire wood. And the town gets covered up in cloud of fog. Everywhere becomes dusty...in fact, you can taste and smell the dust.

17 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Baby this Langtan update fear me o... I want to visit there as much as I don't even wanna imagine myself there.
You are an unrepentantly good writer. Love u pieces!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
What i love abt Jos is their names,one will hear namez like Lantang,zantang,panshim,nafcham,Nafdec,Cumdul, to mention bt a few...well doh work Ghost...jst discover ur work

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2018
Kudos to you ghost, you're indeed a great writer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2018
When I like somebody, I like all of them. Including all their flaws effortlessly. I might point out those flaws, but I never judge them for it. In fact, I try to see them work through it to be better. I expect the same thing from others. And sometimes, I expect too much.

Our relationship ended the day Bass walked away. Not literally, but, it did. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he left me, with all the tears and begging. I compared it to me and I knew, I would have never done that. I honestly can't just walk out on someone I love.

I remembered the first time he asked that I be his girlfriend. I kissed him. I had been expecting that question,so i was excited. I told him never to leave me. He left. I was crushed.

I remembered all the times I had imagined us getting married...haha. All the times he told me that if I should leave him and marry someone else, we'll meet and cheat...it was sweet then. Then, I started thinking, will he leave me every time I Bleep up? And tell me to think about what I've done, without a fight? I didn't even have time to understand what was happening. I didn't have the closure I needed.

Lanle hated him after that. Strongly. She hissed whenever I called his name. She didn't even know what happened, all she knew was 'Bass left '. It was all I told her that night she came to the house and saw Me crying. She said, he made me cry and that's enough reason to hate him. She felt bad, because she thought she pushed me into the relationship. She never came around .

Although, Lanle didn't like him anymore. I couldn't stop myself from calling or texting him. From the way we talked, I knew it was all over. But, I was in denial. I thought maybe if I fought for it...

I kept asking to visit him in Jos. And every time, he said no. I couldn't stop myself. He didn't text as much as he used to or call. I felt like I was being punished. I finally had an opportunity to go to Jos. And although, it seemed like all had been forgiven and forgotten when we were together. It didn't seem that way when I went back to Langtang. He still didn't call or text as much as it used to be. Every inch of me knew I had to get out of the relationship. I think he knew too.

I tried to make it work. I told him I loved him often...but he never replied anymore. I ask that he sent me SMS like he used to do...he told me he didn't know how. And that was it. I had to leave. I complained to him about what I noticed. And it got heated up. I was blunt, a little to blunt. And he considered it rude. I stood my ground, he didn't like it. And I broke up with him.

Two days later, and I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him how Port Harcourt was treating me. I had travelled earlier. I wanted to laugh with him about all the funny things I had seen. I tried to stop myself. I deleted his number, deleted my WhatsApp...but somehow I found his number. I called him. I explained that it was moment of anger, nothing more. He told me he was going to think about it. He did after a full week and told me we should just be friends. It wasn't what I wanted, but I'd manage anything from him at that point.

I have never been addicted to anything...not weed, or my phone. Nothing. But I was addicted to Bass. I wanted to talk to him every time. He still didn't call. Or text first. I called called often. And gradually, I began to accept that we'll never be together like we were. At first, he was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. He was what I think of before I sleep. But gradually, It stopped. I didn't think about him so much anymore. I didn't feel that urge to tell him how my day was. I still get the urge to call him from time to time...but, it's not as strong as it used to be. Most times it comes and something else just steals the thought from my mind...

I may never forget Bass...he made me feel something I never knew I was capable of feeling. But at least, I'm beginning to know how to deal with the feelings and him not being present.

16 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by eitsei(m): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2018
The worst feeling in the world is to be crazily in love with someone who doesn't love you back

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
eitsei:
The worst feeling in the world is to be crazily in love with someone who doesn't love you back
True smiley

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks for this wonderful update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Baby this Langtan update fear me o... I want to visit there as much as I don't even wanna imagine myself there.
You are an unrepentantly good writer. Love u pieces!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
eitsei:
I tell you, it really hurt

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
gh0sts:
When I like somebody, I like all of them. Including all their flaws effortlessly. I might point out those flaws, but I never judge them for it. In fact, I try to see them work through it to be better. I expect the same thing from others. And sometimes, I expect too much.

Our relationship ended the day Bass walked away. Not literally, but, it did. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he left me, with all the tears and begging. I compared it to me and I knew, I would have never done that. I honestly can't just walk out on someone I love.

I remembered the first time he asked that I be his girlfriend. I kissed him. I had been expecting that question,so i was excited. I told him never to leave me. He left. I was crushed.

I remembered all the times I had imagined us getting married...haha. All the times he told me that if I should leave him and marry someone else, we'll meet and cheat...it was sweet then. Then, I started thinking, will he leave me every time I Bleep up? And tell me to think about what I've done, without a fight? I didn't even have time to understand what was happening. I didn't have the closure I needed.

Lanle hated him after that. Strongly. She hissed whenever I called his name. She didn't even know what happened, all she knew was 'Bass left '. It was all I told her that night she came to the house and saw Me crying. She said, he made me cry and that's enough reason to hate him. She felt bad, because she thought she pushed me into the relationship. She never came around .

Although, Lanle didn't like him anymore. I couldn't stop myself from calling or texting him. From the way we talked, I knew it was all over. But, I was in denial. I thought maybe if I fought for it...

I kept asking to visit him in Jos. And every time, he said no. I couldn't stop myself. He didn't text as much as he used to or call. I felt like I was being punished. I finally had an opportunity to go to Jos. And although, it seemed like all had been forgiven and forgotten when we were together. It didn't seem that way when I went back to Langtang. He still didn't call or text as much as it used to be. Every inch of me knew I had to get out of the relationship. I think he knew too.

I tried to make it work. I told him I loved him often...but he never replied anymore. I ask that he sent me SMS like he used to do...he told me he didn't know how. And that was it. I had to leave. I complained to him about what I noticed. And it got heated up. I was blunt, a little to blunt. And he considered it rude. I stood my ground, he didn't like it. And I broke up with him.

Two days later, and I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him how Port Harcourt was treating me. I had travelled earlier. I wanted to laugh with him about all the funny things I had seen. I tried to stop myself. I deleted his number, deleted my WhatsApp...but somehow I found his number. I called him. I explained that it was moment of anger, nothing more. He told me he was going to think about it. He did after a full week and told me we should just be friends. It wasn't what I wanted, but I'd manage anything from him at that point.

I have never been addicted to anything...not weed, or my phone. Nothing. But I was addicted to Bass. I wanted to talk to him every time. He still didn't call. Or text first. I called called often. And gradually, I began to accept that we'll never be together like we were. At first, he was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. He was what I think of before I sleep. But gradually, It stopped. I didn't think about him so much anymore. I didn't feel that urge to tell him how my day was. I still get the urge to call him from time to time...but, it's not as strong as it used to be. Most times it comes and something else just steals the thought from my mind...

I may never forget Bass...he made me feel something I never knew I was capable of feeling. But at least, I'm beginning to know how to deal with the feelings and him not being present.

it's painful I know, but trust me with time you'll get over it

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
I have always struggled with going to church. As a child, going to church was a really difficult feat. But, because my mom always made me go and I didn't want to be a child of the devil, I'd go. It became, even more difficult for me as I grew older. As a teenager, I was resolved to read the entire Bible in a year. Not because I expected it to help me go to church often. No. I wanted to know what to do to really make heaven...I wanted to know if going to church was the only way.

Although, I saw things about never forsaking the gathering of the brethren. I also realized that of all commandments, love was the greatest. And that although some people are regulars in the church,they don't have love in their hearts. I tried to attend church regularly. I pushed myself. I forced myself to enjoy what the pastor is saying. But, that just never happened.

The people around me crushed my little efforts. First, there's this man in my neighbourhood with the most offensive character I have ever seen. A man that cherishes disorderliness and causes discord so much so that the devil will vacate that job for him. This man never misses church and He preaches in the morning too. At first, I thought he must have had an encounter and changed...nope, some people will never change. And this man is one of them. He just wakes us up in the morning with his shout, so hr can start his troubles earlier.
In school, I never went to church. Maybe except there's a treat that day...I won't lie, those foods shared in the house of the Lord always tastes better. Which better place to eat than in my father's house? Somehow, I always get to hear about the churches having a feast and being one that doesn't discriminate... Finally, I met a girl in my final year, who made me go to church every Sunday. She'd come to my house on Saturday evenings and pick out clothes and shoes. Very early on Sunday, she'd come to my house and beg me to go with her...she has to beg because Saturday evening to Sunday morning is more than enough time for me to change my mind. She'd pay my transport, give me offering and still bribe me with food after service...as time went on, it stopped though. But she still had to beg. On one of those Sundays, as I was coming out of the church. (It is one of those churches that have up to five services). I spotted Burna. Now Burna was the most popular cultist then...I know, I'm not supposed to judge. But the hypocrite in me couldn't help it. ' argh! If Burna too dey go church, I'd rather serve God in my house o'. My friend looked at me, I think with pity. She must be thinking about all her wasted efforts after that comment. Although, I still went. However epileptic.

I have also never really understood the discriminations among churches. Why do some churches think they are better than others? I really never understood how that works. I know that there are some churches that are merely just masquerading as 'house of God'. But, then it's not about those fake churches. It's about the entire Christian body. Some churches don't let members marry from other churches. That's the most confusing part. I thought the church is supposed to unite us as one in Christ. And not tear us apart. I may not totally agree with your doctrines, but that doesn't make you any less of a Christian as I am...my opinion though.

When I finished school and was waiting for service, I made up my mind to be more committed. I planned to join the NCCF, or any other Bible believing church. Maybe join a unit, probably bible study. I love to not just read, but also talk about the word of God. Big dreams indeed.
The first time I went for the NCCF fellowship, I was ecstatic and even joined the bible study unit...at least I wrote my name down, intending to join. That was before I realized that the three weeks of camp was going to be the most stressful and mind-numbing weeks of my life. After just one week of waking up by 3am, I was at the verge of loosing my mind. The only thing I could think about was finding a spot to sleep. Nothing else. Not food, not variety night, and definitely not NCCF. It was worse there because they have ushers walking around, that'll wake me up even when I'm blinking...the only thing I hate more than waking early, is an interim kind of sleep.

When I knew camp church ( NCCF ) wouldn't work, I pushed my resolution to the future. At least till when I get to wherever I was posted to.

My first Sunday in Langtang.

After Tay and Mag who were both catholics had gone for their morning mass. I sat on my mattress and thought about all the reasons why I should stay at home. Although, I had more than enough reasons. I tried to be disciplined...i do that a lot. Struggling to be disciplined. So I stood up, got ready and just when I was going to leave...NEPA brought light. The devil has always been a liar. Even though, the light delayed me to 9am. I still went. I found a bike and told him to take me to RCCG. The bike man took me to winners first. I said 'not here'. He took me to deeper life. I said 'not here'...it was a continuous thing and I was wondering if I shouldn't have just stayed in my house.
I got tired of moving round and asked that he dropped me off at one church. The name of the church, too long to remember. I didn't even bother reading it. I entered and sat down. I think I was quite early because they were still praising. I joined.
Then it was time for the testimony. It was one of those churches were testimonies are shared like novels. They start from a week, or month, or year before they got their miracle and slowly take us through the entire process of achieving the miracle. Just for better understanding. By the time the third person started talking, it was noon. I knew I had to get the hell out of there before I collapse. I had not eaten. Plus, I was bored out of my mind. By 12.30pm, I couldn't hold it anymore. I carried my bible and dashed out of the church. I even thought someone would follow me, since I was the only person that stood up as a first time worshipper. I had already planned the epic reply I would give in my head.
I wouldn't have cared so much if everybody in the church was giving a testimony, as long as it's a short one. But then, I man who had survived a heart surgery...just one testimony was taking the entire time. He talked, his wife talked, his children talked, as the pastor's wife was talking, that was when I left.

By next Sunday, I sat at home and watched movies. I was scared, I might experience something crazier.

Then, I tried a very popular Pentecostal church. The biggest in Langtang. I know they are time conscious, so I didn't have a problem going. I got dressed and went to the church. It was okay and I didn't have any issue with them. I went again the next Sunday and the preaching was similar to the previous. I went again. And I realized that the preachings follow a pattern. I could predict what the pastor would say next Sunday. I am one that gets social anxiety issue...although, mild and controlled. So, when I leave my house for a reason, I expect it to be worth it. I can't be summoning courage every Sunday to leave my house for church only to hear about ' God blessing my business, my family, marital blessing and fruit of the womb '. I already know those things na...after all those are God's promises and they never fail. I stopped for two weeks and returned again...guess what. It was the same thing, with different bible passages. And usually unrelated topics. But they always end in 'marital blessings and business successes'.

The only reason I didn't go to the Anglican church, which is my actual church. Is because they own the school where I teach and they deducted two hundred naira from my salary for church dues. When I wasn't even going there yet. I was scared that they might deduct more If I went there.

Although, I wasn't a totally religious and spiritual person. I love to act right and follow the scriptures as keenly as I can. Especially in my dealings with other people. Not going to church never stopped me from reading my bible or praying or doing good. I just didn't enjoy going to church...mostly because of my anxiety.
I later made friends with a corper (Emmy). He was interested in my spiritual life. He always told me God has a purpose for me. He made me to try again. And it wasn't all that bad. I was attending church and I really wanted that purpose of God to be fulfilled in my life. But, I wasn't all in yet before he passed out. And although, I know how very important the church is to a persons spiritual growth. I just feel that I might grow in other way. Because, I honestly find the routine of going to church every Sunday or Monday or any day tiring.

For this piece, I'd like your suggestions on how I might find going to church enjoyable. You could also point out strong reasons why you think I should be regular in church. Other contrary views will be nice too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by bamssy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
Good write up dear.... i so much enjoy ur story it so real. I can relate to dat church aspect u r exactly lyk mi n infact m an Anglican too...
However, i dnt discriminate cn attend any church n i found redeem n livingfaith to very interesting.... Abt d issue of d same sermon very sunday i believe it wl different in d Anglican church since their sermon is harmonised wt lay dwn curriculum which help to make every sunday a treat.
Note: churches do av theme for d year so der sermon wl always revolve around dat..... Tnks so much n God bless u. Jst picturing wat u wl luk lyk in m subconscious mind, wel let mi dnt get ahead of m sef, bass is very stupid to av dump u aftet all u apologized wt d fact dat e can see u realise ur mistake..... more ink to ur pen, data to ur fone, fud in ur fringe n lastly more money to ur wallet.
NYSC Batch B currently serving at kaduna jaba LGA

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Jwonder(m): 5:29am On Jan 24, 2018
Hi gh0sts, You act/ behave like a friend of mine; Marylin who also lives in Port Harcourt. Wonderful story btw, been following up from day one, reading your story helps me relax.
Lol and for the church ish, we are on d same boat, i don't like going to church at all, but i found a method that made me love church small and that is going to churches with like 3 service, so i just switch between any of d service on different Sundays and listen to different pastors lol and i know u will end loving d preaching pattern of one of the pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Jwonder(m): 5:29am On Jan 24, 2018
wink
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2018
I am a muslim and I go to mosque, so I can only advise you to go to church as often as possible...
What you lack in Spirituality you gain wordsmithry., the humour in this one is dope.. Eating in ur father's house lol

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
Andra was the first person I always called when I needed to go somewhere fun.

We had met first in camp when I lost glasses, she was the girl that lost her cap. When we met again at the family house, the first time we got to Langtang. I was happy. At least I'm not alone in this hell hole, I thought. We reintroduced ourselves and that was it.

At first, we didn't hangout much. Her PPA is a hell of a stressful school. but gradually we got closer. She spent the night at my house and we'd go to church together. She is the most naive person I have ever met. She doesn't know how to handle herself around boys...even when a boy is holding a sign with bold inscriptions of 'I like you on it'. She'd still ask me, how I knew he liked her. There's never salt in the food she cooks. Like nothing at all...her excuse, she doesn't like salt. She walks in and everything she comes with goes on the floor. Her bag, jacket, cap. She had never gone for a night party, never tasted alcohol, forgets to wear bra...really. She's also very crazy and doesn't care a bit about what you think. I liked her that way. I didn't care about all those things. She was my friend and whenever people complained about her, I made sure to defend her. Even with Tay and Lanle. I never threw her under the bus.
It was why I tried to go out with her. I just thought she needed someone to guide her.

It was why I asked that she came with me to a party. Tay and Lanle had already told me, they wouldn't go. Although I was conflicted about going for a party without both Tay and Lanle, I knew there was nothing that would stop me...I had been waiting for just any opportunity to just go out and party. Tay left the weekend before the party. So I called Andra and told her to get ready.
Went to the party and the usual party stuff started. I always made sure to find her with my eyes. I didn't want some predator pouncing on her.

The devil mail bag got to her and she was asked to do something. She had refused and paid. She was clearly having fun and I could see the smiles on her face. I just sat at a table with Nedu and Mag. She kept walking round, I was too tipsy to start greeting anybody...at that point I wasn't even seeing anybody. Nedu was busy telling me sweet nonsense that my brain couldn't filter. I just wanted to get away from him, when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to face a girl. She asked something about my PPA, and if it was the local government. I said no. She mumbled something about me being the person she wanted and left. I was back to listening to whatever Nedu had to say. When she tapped again and told me her boss will like to see me. I was so happy, anything to get away from Nedu. I went with her. Two guys sat at the edge drinking from the green bottles they had. One of them asked my named and stretched his hand for a handshake. I told him my hand was dirty, I had already dug it into the pieces of meat they gave me. He clinched his fist and stretched it at me, asking that I bump his knuckle instead. I did, and that was it. I had to go face Nedu again. I was tipsy, but I still knew he had nothing to say. Even in my high state, I wasn't interested.

I was finally tired of Nedu and his talks. I stood up and told him I was leaving. He immediately stood up to follow me. I needed to look for Andra first. I looked round and couldn't find her. I asked people, until someone told me she was outside. I knew immediately that she'd be with a guy. I was curious. As I stepped out, she was standing in a corner, in front of a car and the boss from earlier was standing right there talking to her. I told her it was time to go and stood by, waiting for them to round up. Nedu and some other people joined me there. And as soon as she finished we left.

I don't care about what people did with themselves, not unless it was affecting me directly. And I had heard so much about the heat period of Langtang...where the walls vibrate from heat. I was so scared and was already making plans on how I was going to survive that period. I told Andra how lucky we were that Boss was interested in her...of course, I looked for a way to add myself. I told her about the stories we've been told. Boss has a car with air-conditioning, he obviously has a house in Langtang, owns a generator and has a fan or an AC unit in his house and fridge too. She was already laughing hysterically as I listed everything I think Boss can offer during those perilous times. I ignored her and further explained how it would work. She'd call him in the afternoons when it's hottest. He'd pick us in his AC car, drive us to his house. Put on his generator, switch on his fan or AC and offer us chilled drinks from his fridge. He'd obviously have a TV. So, as we cool of, we'd watch movies and charge our phones.
Andra stopped laughing and told me the most disappointing thing I've ever heard. ' he wasn't my type' huh? I was confused. He didn't have to be her type na. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. ' what was it about him that you don't like'. I asked her. Her reply converted my disappointment to frustration. She said he's too old and looks like a player. Okay, now when you hear 'old', you'd think he's pot bellied, with white hair and beards. No...take that picture of your mind. He's a fit young man, in fact, he is a dude. Someone in his early 30 and unmarried.

She never bulged no matter what I told her...no matter how I begged. I wasn't going to let opportunity get butted through the door. So, I made it easier. I'll make her call him just to ask how he was...at least if she showed that she cared, he might consider us when 'hell is raised'. She never agreed whenever he asked to take us out. Those boring days, when there was nothing to do. She never wanted to give him the wrong vibe...she obviously knew nothing about psychology. Boss actually did like her...at least, it's what I think.
She always complained about wanting a boyfriend and I never failed to remind her about boss. She'd wave him off as too old. So, I pushed Nedu her way. At least they served in the same PPA and stay close to each other. Boss and I also tried to hook her up with another guy...boss was like, if she didn't like him at least they could be friends,while she met someone else. The new guy was also too old for Andra. I didn't understand her deal with guys...she was acting all cougar-like. So I left her.

She stopped talking to me. No explanation, nothing.
We had agreed to spend the Christmas holiday together in Langtang. Lanle was working with Boss now and would not be able to travel home. So I suggested that we stayed with her. Andra had agreed, and we've already planned towards it.
The day my school closed for the Christmas break. I decide to visit Andra. Her house was a complete mess. Nedu, who was now very close to her, was helping her pack. I was clearly surprised when she told me she was travelling because she missed her dad and her bed...the Bleep. That was the stupidest reason ever. I tried to understand with her, even though I wasn't happy with the change of plans. And I told her to let me know before she left. That never happened. I had to leave too. Lanle works 8-6 and I couldn't stay at home all day waiting for her...stay at home friend, I'd just die from boredom. Literally, die. I decided to call Andra to pick up my school bag, but she has left already. Although I expected that, I still told her, how much I didn't like it...we were friends, the least she could do was tell me she was travelling. I quickly looked for another way to pack my things. The entire holiday, she didn't call. I was pissed. I made up my mind not to call her. But Boss (who was now a friend) asked me to call her...be the bigger person, he said. I called and she apologized. And that was the end. She never called again. She came back and never called. She avoided me when she saw me.

I kept speculating if maybe I had done something wrong. I couldn't think of anything. And even if I had done something, I thought she could face me and tell me. But nothing. Everybody was breaking up with me at the same time. The silence was too loud...it confused me. She didn't even allow me the chance to ask what I've done. And now, she's just somebody that I used to know.

8 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
gh0sts:

We had met first in camp when I lost glasses, she was the girl that lost her cap. When we met again at the family house, the first time we got to Langtang. I was happy. At least I'm not alone in this hell hole, I thought. We reintroduced ourselves and that was it.

At first, we didn't hangout much. Her PPA is a hell of a stressful school. but gradually we got closer. She spent the night at my house and we'd go to church together. She is the most naive person I have ever met. She doesn't know how to handle herself around boys...even when a boy is holding a sign with bold inscriptions of 'I like you on it'. She'd still ask me, how I knew he liked her. There's never salt in the food she cooks. Like nothing at all...her excuse, she doesn't like salt. She walks in and everything she comes with goes on the floor. Her bag, jacket, cap. She had never gone for a night party, never tasted alcohol, forgets to wear bra...really. She's also very crazy and doesn't care a bit about what you think. I liked her that way. I didn't care about all those things. She was my friend and whenever people complained about her, I made sure to defend her. Even with Tay and Lanle. I never threw her under the bus.
It was why I tried to go out with her. I just thought she needed someone to guide her.

It was why I asked that she came with me to a party. Tay and Lanle had already told me, they wouldn't go. Although I was conflicted about going for a party without both Tay and Lanle, I knew there was nothing that would stop me...I had been waiting for just any opportunity to just go out and party. Tay left the weekend before the party. So I called Andra and told her to get ready.
Went to the party and the usual party stuff started. I always made sure to find her with my eyes. I didn't want some predator pouncing on her.

The devil mail bag got to her and she was asked to do something. She had refused and paid. She was clearly having fun and I could see the smiles on her face. I just sat at a table with Nedu and Mag. She kept walking round, I was too tipsy to start greeting anybody...at that point I wasn't even seeing anybody. Nedu was busy telling me sweet nonsense that my brain couldn't filter. I just wanted to get away from him, when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to face a girl. She asked something about my PPA, and if it was the local government. I said no. She mumbled something about me being the person she wanted and left. I was back to listening to whatever Nedu had to say. When she tapped again and told me her boss will like to see me. I was so happy, anything to get away from Nedu. I went with her. Two guys sat at the edge drinking from the green bottles they had. One of them asked my named and stretched his hand for a handshake. I told him my hand was dirty, I had already dug it into the pieces of meat they gave me. He clinched his fist and stretched it at me, asking that I bump his knuckle instead. I did, and that was it. I had to go face Nedu again. I was tipsy, but I still knew he had nothing to say. Even in my high state, I wasn't interested.

I was finally tired of Nedu and his talks. I stood up and told him I was leaving. He immediately stood up to follow me. I needed to look for Andra first. I looked round and couldn't find her. I asked people, until someone told me she was outside. I knew immediately that she'd be with a guy. I was curious. As I stepped out, she was standing in a corner, in front of a car and the boss from earlier was standing right there talking to her. I told her it was time to go and stood by, waiting for them to round up. Nedu and some other people joined me there. And as soon as she finished we left.

I don't care about what people did with themselves, not unless it was affecting me directly. And I had heard so much about the heat period of Langtang...where the walls vibrate from heat. I was so scared and was already making plans on how I was going to survive that period. I told Andra how lucky we were that Boss was interested in her...of course, I looked for a way to add myself. I told her about the stories we've been told. Boss has a car with air-conditioning, he obviously has a house in Langtang, owns a generator and has a fan or an AC unit in his house and fridge too. She was already laughing hysterically as I listed everything I think Boss can offer during those perilous times. I ignored her and further explained how it would work. She'd call him in the afternoons when it's hottest. He'd pick us in his AC car, drive us to his house. Put on his generator, switch on his fan or AC and offer us chilled drinks from his fridge. He'd obviously have a TV. So, as we cool of, we'd watch movies and charge our phones.
Andra stopped laughing and told me the most disappointing thing I've ever heard. ' he wasn't my type' huh? I was confused. He didn't have to be her type na. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. ' what was it about him that you don't like'. I asked her. Her reply converted my disappointment to frustration. She said he's too old and looks like a player. Okay, now when you hear 'old', you'd think he's pot bellied, with white hair and beards. No...take that picture of your mind. He's a fit young man, in fact, he is a dude. Someone in his early 30 and unmarried.

She never bulged no matter what I told her...no matter how I begged. I wasn't going to let opportunity get butted through the door. So, I made it easier. I'll make her call him just to ask how he was...at least if she showed that she cared, he might consider us when 'hell is raised'. She never agreed whenever he asked to take us out. Those boring days, when there was nothing to do. She never wanted to give him the wrong vibe...she obviously knew nothing about psychology. Boss actually did like her...at least, it's what I think.
She always complained about wanting a boyfriend and I never failed to remind her about boss. She'd wave him off as too old. So, I pushed Nedu her way. At least they served in the same PPA and stay close to each other. Boss and I also tried to hook her up with another guy...boss was like, if she didn't like him at least they could be friends,while she met someone else. The new guy was also too old for Andra. I didn't understand her deal with guys...she was acting all cougar-like. So I left her.

We had agreed to spend the Christmas holiday together in Langtang. Lanle was working with Boss now and would not be able to travel home. So I suggested that we stayed with her. Andra had agreed, and we've already planned towards it.
The day my school closed for the Christmas break. I decide to visit Andra. Her house was a complete mess. Nedu, who was now very close to her, was helping her pack. I was clearly surprised when she told me she was travelling because she missed her dad and her bed...the Bleep. That was the stupidest reason ever. I tried to understand with her, even though I wasn't happy with the change of plans. And I told her to let me know before she left. That never happened. I had to leave too. Lanle works 8-6 and I couldn't stay at home all day waiting for her...stay at home friend, I'd just die from boredom. Literally, die. I decided to call Andra to pick up my school bag, but she has left already. Although I expected that, I still told her, how much I didn't like it...we were friends, the least she could do was tell me she was travelling. I quickly looked for another way to pack my things. The entire holiday, she didn't call. I was pissed. I made up my mind not to call her. But Boss (who was now a friend) asked me to call her...be the bigger person, he said. I called and she apologized. And that was the end. She never called again. She came back and never called. She avoided me when she saw me.

I kept speculating if maybe I had done something wrong. I couldn't think of anything. And even if I had done something, I thought she could face me and tell me. But nothing. Everybody was breaking up with me at the same time. The silence was too loud...it confused me. She didn't even allow me the chance to ask what I've done. And now, she's just somebody that I used to know.
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2018
gh0sts:

So confusing, when you think you're getting to build a friendship & the other party is acting funny.
More data to your phone, more credit alert.... Kudos to you, you're a real writer

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Vikkioshio(f): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by sod09(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
[quote author=Vikkioshio post=64512921][/quote]what's wrong with you
are you new here angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by collinometricx: 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Like i did here u could delele some words or just type d the writer's name...
Vikkioshio :

Kudos to you, you're a real writer
u dnt need to quote a full episode just to pass a message sis...
PEACE
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Arsenalfirstson(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
Like i did here u could delele some words or just type d the writer's name...
Vikkioshio :

Kudos to you, you're a real writer
u dnt need to quote a full episode just to pass a message sis...
PEACE
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Arsenalfirstson(m): 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
sod09 :
what's wrong with you are you new here angry angry
u are an arsenal right?
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by sod09(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
Arsenalfirstson:
u are an arsenal right?
not any more till wengay leaves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.