Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) (2400 Views)

Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival / Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by Loveaflame(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
Continuation of MY HUMBLE REPLY TO MR FREEZE’S BELIEFS ON TITHES AND OTHER ISSUES HE RAISED PART 3

POINT 3: IF YOU PAY TITHE YOU ARE A GOAT

Furthermore on the issue of tithes, it started before the law, continued in the law and was never abolished in the New Testament. The New Testament might be silent on it but it was never cancelled. Tithes should be done by those who believe in it and it should never be discouraged by anyone. Also, no one should be forced to pay or cursed for not paying. It should be a personal decision. I once heard of a Muslim who pays tithes to the church and God blessed his business. Giving is a revelation. If you don’t have it, you cannot give freely.

As per whether the early Apostles received tithes, how could they when they were not working in The Temple? Did they receive donation or gifts from people, yes they did. The Apostles at this time still met from time in the synagogue, Acts 2:46 , 4:1-3 (Contrary to what he said, we don’t need church buildings again today and people should stop donating to build churches, I shall talk more on this later in the series)

As per whether they paid tithes, there was a great debate in Jerusalem as per how the Gentiles who got converted to Christ should live their lives. It was no small issue. Mind you at this point in time, some of the Jewish leaders like the Pharisees, the Scribes, and Sadducees etc. have been converted to Christ and these guys were still keeping to the law of tithing. Argue with this, you’re on your own.

After much debate, Apostle James gave a profound revelation about the way the Jews served God and the way the Gentiles who have come to know Christ should.

“19 Wherefore my sentence is, THAT WE TROUBLE NOT THEM, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.” Acts 15:19-29

“…THAT WE TROUBLE NOT THEM…”

What was Apostle James trying to tell us here?

They were still keeping some aspects of the Jewish laws even though they were now saved in Christ. They didn’t disregard some of the laws God gave to them through Moses. They wanted to spare the Gentiles from such since they were not Jewish. THAT WE TROUBLE THEM NOT is a profound truth in The New Testament and to the New Generation Minsters and Believers who twist Scriptures to accommodate their lawlessness. If you want to argue with the above truth, let’s look at the verse below.

“22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
23 and they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, YE MUST BE CIRCUMCISED, AND KEEP THE LAW: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 it seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 FOR IT SEEMED GOOD TO THE HOLY GHOST, AND TO US, TO LAY UPON YOU NO GREATER BURDEN THAN THESE NECESSARY THINGS;
29 THAT YE ABSTAIN FROM MEATS OFFERED TO IDOLS, AND FROM BLOOD, AND FROM THINGS STRANGLED, AND FROM FORNICATION: FROM WHICH IF YE KEEP YOURSELVES, YE SHALL DO WELL. FARE YE WELL.” Acts 15:22-29

“forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, YE MUST BE CIRCUMCISED, AND KEEP THE LAW: to whom we gave no such commandment:”

Circumcision was before the law and it continued in the law and after the law majorly for the Jews but we do same here in Africa. This obvious truth is very clear. We believe in male circumcision in the Benin tribe I came from. Was this learned from the Mosaic Law? Certainly not. This was simply God’s laws in the hearts of men.

“Even when Gentiles, WHO DO NOT HAVE GOD’S WRITTEN LAW, INSTINCTIVELY FOLLOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS, THEY SHOW THAT IN THEIR HEARTS THEY KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG.” Romans 2:14 (New Living Translation)

The same way tithe was before the law, continued in the law and even after the law. From Acts 15:24, above KEEP THE LAW reveals, the early apostles still kept to some of the laws but did not want to burden the Gentiles with such because it was not a real issue that could affect their personal relationship with God.

“For it SEEMED GOOD TO THE HOLY GHOST, AND TO US, TO LAY UPON YOU NO GREATER BURDEN THAN THESE NECESSARY THINGS” ACTS 15:28

People should stop arguing the Scriptures they have no deep understanding about. Interpreting The Bible is by the Holy Spirit and not by personal beliefs. Picking few verses and trying hard to defend one’s beliefs without recourse to other part of the Scriptures is not a wise thing to do.
From the above, we can fully infer the tithe issue must have been one of the burden. It was a command given by God and it has nothing to do if you feel like doing it or not. Were we told they paid tithes? No! Can we infer they paid tithes base on the verse above? Yes.

Based on what Apostle James said, we can fully infer that the tithe issue was not a must for the Gentiles and shouldn’t be forced on anyone today but if you believe in it and want the extra burden according to Apostle James, you are free to tithe. The statement was made in order not to scare or discourage the new converts but as one grows in Christ, nothing becomes a burden again but a delight because one is totally sold out to God.
Also, you need to understand, the church was still young at this time and the then church leaders were been careful about how they should handle the Gentiles who have come to Christ. But from the writings of Apostle Paul, we are all Jews today-SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES. If the tithe was applicable to the Jews it applies to us as well who have become Jews also through Christ Jesus. We are now partakers of the Abrahamic covenant and the common wealth of Israel.

“THAT THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM MIGHT COME ON THE GENTILES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:14
“11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 that at that time ye were without Christ, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, AND STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:11-13

If by the effect of the New Covenant, we are now spiritual Jews, don’t you think the law of tithes should apply to us as well?
If we are partakers of the common wealth of Israel and they are commanded to pay tithes, don’t you think it should apply to us to?

The Gentiles have been grafted into the Abrahamic family tree that were mainly for the Jews. Their rejection of Jesus, made it possible for Gentiles today to become partakers of God’s blessings to the Israelites.

“13 I am saying all of this especially for you Gentiles. GOD HAS APPOINTED ME AS THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES. I lay great stress on this,
14 for I want to find a way to make the Jews want what you Gentiles have, and in that way I might save some of them.
15 For since the Jews’ rejection meant that God offered salvation to the rest of the world, how much more wonderful their acceptance will be. It will be life for those who were dead!
16 And since Abraham and the other patriarchs were holy, their children will also be holy.* For if the roots of the tree are holy, the branches will be, too.
17 BUT SOME OF THESE BRANCHES FROM ABRAHAM’S TREE, SOME OF THE JEWS, HAVE BEEN BROKEN OFF. AND YOU GENTILES, WHO WERE BRANCHES FROM A WILD OLIVE TREE, WERE GRAFTED IN. So now you also RECEIVE THE BLESSING GOD HAS PROMISED ABRAHAM AND HIS CHILDREN, SHARING IN GOD’S RICH NOURISHMENT OF HIS SPECIAL OLIVE TREE.
18 But you must be careful not to brag about being grafted in to replace the branches that were broken off. Remember, you are just a branch, not the root.” Romans 11:13-18 (New Living Translation)

The Laws God gave His people are applicable to us as well today as we have become one with them through the grace of God. We are the BRANCHES FROM THE WILD OLIVE TREE. The laws were not cancelled by the death and resurrection of Christ. Only the ceremonial laws were. The law of tithe is still in operation today.

Furthermore, Jesus had this to say,

“17 THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.
19 Whosoever THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.” Matthew 5:17-20

Please, take time to ponder on the statement in capital letters. Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it. What intrigued me in all the above is,

“For I say unto you, THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.” Matthew 5:20

The above should nullify whatever idea someone might have about the issue of tithe. The Scribes and Pharisees were faithful tithers. So if you are not a tither, it infers you cannot enter the kingdom of God base on the above statement of Jesus.

So the issue of tithe in the New Testament should not cause argument except some people just want to be mischievous. So, those who still believe in tithes should continue doing so in the fear of the Lord and as you’re been directed by the Holy Ghost. Those who don’t want to pay, should continue and don’t pay but should make sure they have a sound relationship with God in order not to miss heaven. By the way it’s impossible to have sound relationship with the Holy Ghost and you will not pay tithe and even do more than paying your tithe for God’s work.

Romans 14:4-5 says,
“4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”

If I personally esteem tithe and you don’t, you have no business with my personal conviction and that should not make you go against my belief as long as it doesn’t violate the righteousness of God’s Kingdom. From the above, anyone that believes in tithes should do so out of personal conviction of God’s Word.

Finally, people should understand Apostle Paul didn’t talk about tithes but giving because he was sent to the Gentiles and not to the Jews who were used to tithes. Peter was the Apostle sent to the Jews.

“I am saying all of this especially for you Gentiles. GOD HAS APPOINTED ME AS THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES. I lay great stress on this” Romans 11:13

8 FOR THE SAME GOD WHO WORKED THROUGH PETER FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE JEWS WORKED THROUGH ME FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE GENTILES.” Galatians 2:8 (New Living Translation)

Don’t forget the verdict of the council at Jerusalem in Acts 15 and what the Gentiles were told to do. Apostle Paul didn’t impose the Jewish Laws upon them. We are Gentiles today as well but have the right to decide to pay tithes or not to pay. Tithe was never abolished in the New Testament and was never made compulsory for the Gentiles to obey. But that doesn’t stop those who want to key into the benefits of tithes not to do so. If we have become spiritual Jews, I believe tithes shouldn’t be an issue.
Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
Scampers. Religion is one big huge scam
Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by connectikut89(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
petra1:

Gibberish ! Are priests farmers. ?

Lool. Yes, yes, yes and yes! The priests also farmed whenever they were not doing the service of the temple. Oh! You didn't know that I guess? Now you know. You can refute this too but if I were you, I'd do a little research first. FYI I've got facts. I always do.

1 Like

Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by openmine(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
Loveaflame:
MY HUMBLE REPLY TO MR FREEZE’S BELIEFS ON TITHES AND OTHER ISSUES HE RAISED PART 3

MY HUMBLE REPLY TO MR FREEZE’S BELIEFS ON TITHES AND OTHER ISSUES HE RAISED PART 3

POINT 3: IF YOU PAY TITHE YOU ARE A GOAT

This was a very strong one from him. We need to first and foremost understand the origin of tithe. Tithe did not start with the law. It started before the law. There is this strong belief tithing started when Abraham gave Melchizedek tithe of the spoils from war.

“18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 and blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. AND HE GAVE HIM TITHES OF ALL.” Genesis 14:18-20

The Bible is silent on many issues. Just like the issue of where Cain got his wife from. To the many who look at these verses, they would believe this was the first time Abraham paid tithes. This is not true. He had been paying before even though it was not mentioned here. Abraham must have been familiar with the priest before he could pay such to him.

How did U come to this conclusion.....why would Abraham be commanded to do some thing instructive without a law or even a single ordinance backing it?

He offered sacrifices following the instruction of God!
Abraham and his family were circumcised for them to receive blessings that was promised to them!
Where was it stated that he was under a commandment to give a tenth of war spoils to the king Melchizedek?
Why seek to intentionally add what has never written all because U want to insist On tithe payment from believers?
This obvious errors from some believers and ministers of the gospel are the reasons why its easy for faint hearted believers to become atheists or convert into islam!

1 Like

Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by Loveaflame(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Furthermore on the issue of tithes, it started before the law, continued in the law and was never abolished in the New Testament. The New Testament might be silent on it but it was never cancelled. Tithes should be done by those who believe in it and it should never be discouraged by anyone. Also, no one should be forced to pay or cursed for not paying. It should be a personal decision. I once heard of a Muslim who pays tithes to the church and God blessed his business. Giving is a revelation. If you don’t have it, you cannot give freely.
As per whether the early Apostles received tithes, how could they when they were not working in The Temple? Did they receive donation or gifts from people, yes they did. The Apostles at this time still met from time in the synagogue, Acts 2:46 , 4:1-3 (Contrary to what he said, we don’t need church buildings again today and people should stop donating to build churches, I shall talk more on this later in the series)
As per whether they paid tithes, there was a great debate in Jerusalem as per how the Gentiles who got converted to Christ should live their lives. It was no small issue. Mind you at this point in time, some of the Jewish leaders like the Pharisees, the Scribes, and Sadducees etc. have been converted to Christ and these guys were still keeping to the law of tithing. Argue with this, you’re on your own.
After much debate, Apostle James gave a profound revelation about the way the Jews served God and the way the Gentiles who have come to know Christ should.

“19 Wherefore my sentence is, THAT WE TROUBLE NOT THEM, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.” Acts 15:19-29

“…THAT WE TROUBLE NOT THEM…”
What was Apostle James trying to tell us here?
They were still keeping some aspects of the Jewish laws even though they were now saved in Christ. They didn’t disregard some of the laws God gave to them through Moses. They wanted to spare the Gentiles from such since they were not Jewish. THAT WE TROUBLE THEM NOT is a profound truth in The New Testament and to the New Generation Minsters and Believers who twist Scriptures to accommodate their lawlessness. If you want to argue with the above truth, let’s look at the verse below.

“22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
23 and they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, YE MUST BE CIRCUMCISED, AND KEEP THE LAW: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 it seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 FOR IT SEEMED GOOD TO THE HOLY GHOST, AND TO US, TO LAY UPON YOU NO GREATER BURDEN THAN THESE NECESSARY THINGS;
29 THAT YE ABSTAIN FROM MEATS OFFERED TO IDOLS, AND FROM BLOOD, AND FROM THINGS STRANGLED, AND FROM FORNICATION: FROM WHICH IF YE KEEP YOURSELVES, YE SHALL DO WELL. FARE YE WELL.” Acts 15:22-29

“forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, YE MUST BE CIRCUMCISED, AND KEEP THE LAW: to whom we gave no such commandment:”
Circumcision was before the law and it continued in the law and after the law majorly for the Jews but we do same here in Africa. This obvious truth is very clear. We believe in male circumcision in the Benin tribe I came from. Was this learned from the Mosaic Law? Certainly not. This was simply God’s laws in the hearts of men.

“Even when Gentiles, WHO DO NOT HAVE GOD’S WRITTEN LAW, INSTINCTIVELY FOLLOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS, THEY SHOW THAT IN THEIR HEARTS THEY KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG.” Romans 2:14 (New Living Translation)

The same way tithe was before the law, continued in the law and even after the law. From Acts 15:24, above KEEP THE LAW reveals, the early apostles still kept to some of the laws but did not want to burden the Gentiles with such because it was not a real issue that could affect their personal relationship with God.

“For it SEEMED GOOD TO THE HOLY GHOST, AND TO US, TO LAY UPON YOU NO GREATER BURDEN THAN THESE NECESSARY THINGS” ACTS 15:28

People should stop arguing the Scriptures they have no deep understanding about. Interpreting The Bible is by the Holy Spirit and not by personal beliefs. Picking few verses and trying hard to defend one’s beliefs without recourse to other part of the Scriptures is not a wise thing to do.
From the above, we can fully infer the tithe issue must have been one of the burden. It was a command given by God and it has nothing to do if you feel like doing it or not. Were we told they paid tithes? No! Can we infer they paid tithes base on the verse above? Yes.
Based on what Apostle James said, we can fully infer that the tithe issue was not a must for the Gentiles and shouldn’t be forced on anyone today but if you believe in it and want the extra burden according to Apostle James, you are free to tithe. The statement was made in order not to scare or discourage the new converts but as one grows in Christ, nothing becomes a burden again but a delight because one is totally sold out to God.
Also, you need to understand, the church was still young at this time and the then church leaders were been careful about how they should handle the Gentiles who have come to Christ. But from the writings of Apostle Paul, we are all Jews today-SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES. If the tithe was applicable to the Jews it applies to us as well who have become Jews also through Christ Jesus. We are now partakers of the Abrahamic covenant and the common wealth of Israel.

“THAT THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM MIGHT COME ON THE GENTILES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:14
“11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 that at that time ye were without Christ, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, AND STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:11-13

If by the effect of the New Covenant, we are now spiritual Jews, don’t you think the law of tithes should apply to us as well?
If we are partakers of the common wealth of Israel and they are commanded to pay tithes, don’t you think it should apply to us to?

The Gentiles have been grafted into the Abrahamic family tree that were mainly for the Jews. Their rejection of Jesus, made it possible for Gentiles today to become partakers of God’s blessings to the Israelites.

“13 I am saying all of this especially for you Gentiles. GOD HAS APPOINTED ME AS THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES. I lay great stress on this,
14 for I want to find a way to make the Jews want what you Gentiles have, and in that way I might save some of them.
15 For since the Jews’ rejection meant that God offered salvation to the rest of the world, how much more wonderful their acceptance will be. It will be life for those who were dead!
16 And since Abraham and the other patriarchs were holy, their children will also be holy.* For if the roots of the tree are holy, the branches will be, too. 17 BUT SOME OF THESE BRANCHES FROM ABRAHAM’S TREE, SOME OF THE JEWS, HAVE BEEN BROKEN OFF. AND YOU GENTILES, WHO WERE BRANCHES FROM A WILD OLIVE TREE, WERE GRAFTED IN. So now you also RECEIVE THE BLESSING GOD HAS PROMISED ABRAHAM AND HIS CHILDREN, SHARING IN GOD’S RICH NOURISHMENT OF HIS SPECIAL OLIVE TREE.
18 But you must be careful not to brag about being grafted in to replace the branches that were broken off. Remember, you are just a branch, not the root.” Romans 11:13-18 (New Living Translation)

The Laws God gave His people are applicable to us as well today as we have become one with them through the grace of God. We are the BRANCHES FROM THE WILD OLIVE TREE. The laws were not cancelled by the death and resurrection of Christ. Only the ceremonial laws were. The law of tithe is still in operation today.

Furthermore, Jesus had this to say,
“17 THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.
19 Whosoever THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.” Matthew 5:17-20

Please, take time to ponder on the statement in capital letters. Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it. What intrigued me in all the above is,
“For I say unto you, THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.” Matthew 5:20

The above should nullify whatever idea someone might have about the issue of tithe. The Scribes and Pharisees were faithful tithers. So if you are not a tither, it infers you cannot enter the kingdom of God base on the above statement of Jesus.
So the issue of tithe in the New Testament should not cause argument except some people just want to be mischievous. So, those who still believe in tithes should continue doing so in the fear of the Lord and as you’re been directed by the Holy Ghost. Those who don’t want to pay, should continue and don’t pay but should make sure they have a sound relationship with God in order not to miss heaven. By the way it’s impossible to have sound relationship with the Holy Ghost and you will not pay tithe and even do more than paying your tithe for God’s work.
Romans 14:4-5 says,
“4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”

If I personally esteem tithe and you don’t, you have no business with my personal conviction and that should not make you go against my belief as long as it doesn’t violate the righteousness of God’s Kingdom. From the above, anyone that believes in tithes should do so out of personal conviction of God’s Word.
Finally, people should understand Apostle Paul didn’t talk about tithes but giving because he was sent to the Gentiles and not to the Jews who were used to tithes. Peter was the Apostle sent to the Jews.
“I am saying all of this especially for you Gentiles. GOD HAS APPOINTED ME AS THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES. I lay great stress on this” Romans 11:13

8 FOR THE SAME GOD WHO WORKED THROUGH PETER FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE JEWS WORKED THROUGH ME FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE GENTILES.” Galatians 2:8 (New Living Translation)

Don’t forget the verdict of the council at Jerusalem in Acts 15 and what the Gentiles were told to do. Apostle Paul didn’t impose the Jewish Laws upon them. We are Gentiles today as well but have the right to decide to pay tithes or not to pay. Tithe was never abolished in the New Testament and was never made compulsory for the Gentiles to obey. But that doesn’t stop those who want to key into the benefits of tithes not to do so. If we have become spiritual Jews, I believe tithes shouldn’t be an issue.
Can any of the anti-tithers crusaders come boldly before the whole world and tell us GOD TOLD THEM THAT TITHE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A SCAM OR IT ENDED WITH THE OLD TESTAMENT. If they can’t, then let them hold their peace and stop discouraging those who still believe in it. Many people still claim Old Testament blessings but ignore its laws. This is an irony! Such crusaders should stop confusing people with their personal convictions and leave those who have the convictions to pay do so. Like I said, NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO PAY AND I BELIEVE NO ONE IS TRULY FORCED TO PAY. Pastors who threaten people with curses to pay tithes need deliverance. You teach it, pray for the people to catch the revelation and leave the Holy Ghost to convince the people. GIVING IS A REVELATION.
Re: My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
crooks using the bible to steal from the poor !

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Gospel Artist / True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) / Is There A Rules To Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.