Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening (7407 Views)

How Rivers Senators Plan To Pull Amaechi Down At Screening / Breaking.. Bomb Explosion Rocks Kanti-kwari Textile Market, Kano State / Jonathan Betrayed Yaradua-kanti Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by babaogun(m): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The Communication minister is NOT the president's spoke's person or some assistant to the president. The Communication minister is a PART of the executive council in some way. Do you really see other Ministry's in much the same way you have chosen to see this one?
Ministers are in on meetings, not as NOTE-TAKERS (which seems to be what many are trying to make her particular job into) but as contributors. Read her own WORDS to understand that she was not there to take NOTES while other ministers decide what next. She was there as one of them. Read her job description.

Lol . . . . I ask you questions to help clarify the meaning in the statements YOU made, makes me the ignorant one? LOL Anyways, when you get to answering the question, let me know. Even Rilwanu Lukman, who was also a minister, could not make the same atrocious claim. But you are here to tell us that a whole minister had information shoved down her throat and that is reason for the lies she told the nation? Isn’t that too convenient an excuse?

That is NOT TRUE. According to Akunyili, Jonathan had spoken to the president and this was back in December. Less than 72 hours later, a rebuttal came from Jonathan that he had not spoken to the president. Both were in the same meeting. Then it was discovered that NONE of the Governors, FEC members had spoken to the President. In fact, the BBC airing was the first time anyone heard from the president and we all knew this, well, those who were actually following events knew this, from back before the broadcast. It was obvious from back in early December that NO ONE had heard from or seen the president.

I am sorry but when I see rubbish/hooey being sold me as fact, I call it as I sees it. If you feel you need to attack my person next, fine and that will give me all I need to know of the kind of mind I am discussing this issue with. All I have done so far is explain that this issue has to do with records, information available to all Nigerians. Choosing to ignore facts, doctor up claims, to make some new push is not going to help us as a nation.

@Kobojunkie
I said she tells the public through the press what general position was taken by all in an EXCOF meeting. I never said Info minister is the presidents spoke’s person.
I never said the VP knew anything more about the president. You insinuated that. Check all my posts and tell me where you read that.
When did Akunyili say Jonathan spoke to the president? I never heard that, maybe you can point me and any other interested person to your source.
So when we all knew that no one had spoken to president, did DORA not stand up and made her opinion on the matter known?
I have never sold a dummy to anyone. I only gave my opinion on the matter.
Maybe I should ask you what you actually think of the country Nigeria and the way forward for us.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by FaLeroy: 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2010
alright children (babaogun & kobojunkie) stop bickering over stale and overflogged points. i agree, way forward PLEASE!!! grin
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
babaogun:

@Kobojunkie
I said she tells the public through the press what general position was taken by all in an EXCOF meeting. I never said Info minister is the presidents spoke’s person.
She is PART of EXCOF. She tells the general public what decision SHE AND EXCOF reached in the end. She is NOT a NOTE-TAKER. She is PART OF THE PROCESS.

babaogun:

I never said the VP knew anything more about the president. You insinuated that. Check all my posts and tell me where you read that.
The VP himself Chairs EXCOF. He is part of the decision making process. He has been since Yar adua left, even when the rumors claimed he was a houseboy/victim, he was there.

babaogun:

When did Akunyili say Jonathan spoke to the president? I never heard that, maybe you can point me and any other interested person to your source.

Read up on your own country’s events. Heck, look into the Nairaland archives etc.

babaogun:

So when we all knew that no one had spoken to president, did DORA not stand up and made her opinion on the matter known?

NO. She did not stand up anywhere to tell anyone that. She never TOLD any NEW TRUTH. Note: The truth of the situation NEVER CHANGED, only the minds of these people and apparently that of some Nigerians to these leaders did. It was known from as far back as December 9th, or even earlier, that no one had spoken to the president, and no one had access to him. Even in his BBC revelation, that message was echoed. Nothing changed. The Constitution did not change; Factual information on the issue did not change. So, when she decided many months later to switch sides on the issue, Nothing had changed. The laws had not changed and I am not even sure she was the FIRST FEC person to change. It could have been that she was the most vocal of those who stood on the other side, wanting the FEC to go against the constitution in this. 

babaogun:

I have never sold a dummy to anyone. I only gave my opinion on the matter.
Maybe I should ask you what you actually think of the country Nigeria and the way forward for us.
Please FOCUS on the TOPIC instead.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Kehindedl: 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
Shame on kanti, Dora is finally confirmed
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by ud4u: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ Chosen04

I have known you too well to be anti Dora, but bear it in mind that a sinner today can be a saviour tomorrow. Even if Dora acted because she saw that yaradua is not going to make it as you claimed that means she is smart and intelligent and she is the type that is needed in Nigeria to make change. When one idea is not working, then you make an alternative. Change is one thing that is constant.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Akanbiedu(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dora: market woman
Bello: market man

4/2=2
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
ud4u:

@ Chosen04

I have known you too well to be anti Dora, but bear it in mind that a sinner today can be a saviour tomorrow. Even if Dora acted because she saw that yaradua is not going to make it as you claimed that means she is smart and intelligent and she is the type that is needed in Nigeria to make change. When one idea is not working, then you make an alternative. Change is one thing that is constant.

Ask her why else should she have acted? Is there any section of the constitution that gives Ministers the right to declare a sitting President Incapacitated when he is not?

Yar'adua became incapacitated and that is why she should have acted. She acted and her colleagues buried their heads in the sand and you have folks come to Nairaland to chat rubbish.

Should Dora suggest that a President is incapacitated when he is not?
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by rhymz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
BabaOGUN
abeg e don do, U and Ur i too sabi wife dey give me headaches with Una long epistles. . Abeg e do. . . .
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Parnassuss(m): 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
I don't like Kanti, but I 'm no longer trilled by Dora, they both swimming the same tank to me. But there's none perfect I agree.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by babaogun(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
Rhymz, nice comment. We should let sleeping dogs lie.

Even if we dont want, the senate has done the needful.
Dora is a minister again.

I have never believed in using bad belle to sack a politician.
Let them do well or fail and posterity will judge their performance.
I dont care if as a minister you are loyal to your presido or not (i leave this for the politicians), as far as you perform your role and you are loyal to your constituency and Nigeria as a whole.

There's no point getting personal with them politicians. I asked someone on this forum who claimed Dora was very high handed and helped certain companies go against the law. The person never responded to show any fact.

Dem say dem hear is usually the order of the day.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
babaogun:

Rhymz, nice comment. We should let sleeping dogs lie.

Even if we dont want, the senate has done the needful.
Dora is a minister again.

I have never believed in using bad belle to sack a politician.
Let them do well or fail and posterity will judge their performance.
I dont care if as a minister you are loyal to your presido or not (i leave this for the politicians), as far as you perform your role and you are loyal to your constituency and Nigeria as a whole.
There's no point getting personal with them politicians. I asked someone on this forum who claimed Dora was very high handed and helped certain companies go against the law. The person never responded to show any fact.

Dem say dem hear is usually the order of the day.

Did she perform in her role as minister of information? Did she towards the end even inform the Nigerian people of the conditions of the Nigerian government or on anything they needed to know? Did she SERVE her constituents in her former post? These have been the questions and still the question to this point. This is NOT DEM SAY DEM SAY. THis is Her RECORD and IT IS NO SECRET what Her RECORD is. You can go back and do some researching to learn of her record rather than concluding that it is all DEM SAY DEM SAY just because you are not willing to accept it as it is.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by babaogun(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2010
I just think before we criticise people for non performance, we should scrutinise ourselves and activities and see what we have one for the Nigerian economy ourselves.

the minister of info has the following functions: http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=195

* To serve as the Federal Public Information outfit responsible for professional policy-making,planning, gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of essential and vital information which will enhance and facilitate democratic governance of Nigeria as a Federal Republic.

* To provide professional information services which will project the image and reputation of the Federal Government and her people as a responsible society.

* To develop, design, institutionalize appropriate and generally acceptable public information and communication policies which will promote information management and control in a democratic society.

* To initiate action programmes, policies, rules and regulations which will ensure the existence and maintenance of civilized and orderly information and communication systems in Nigeria consistent with acceptable cultural and conventional norms and ethics of the Nigerian people and world community.

* To provide broad and specific guidelines for development management and operation of print and electronic media for education, public enlightenment, entertainment and socio-economic and political development and orientation. In this respect, the Ministry maintain appropriate relationship with he Press and the Government.

* To conduct research, surveys and studies which will enhance better understanding of the relevance,impact and approach to public information and their implications for public policies and programmes.

* To provide general printing and publishing services to all ministries for effective public administration and to educational, business and international organizations for their use.

* To represent Nigeria at International level for conferences on information

If she hasn't done anything for her constituent. Too bad.
I will pass that blame to her state governor or whoever nominated or renominated her for the post of minister.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
babaogun:

I just think before we criticise people for non performance, we should scrutinise ourselves and activities and see what we have one for the Nigerian economy ourselves.

the minister of info has the following functions: http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=195

* To serve as the Federal Public Information outfit responsible for professional policy-making,planning, gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of essential and vital information which will enhance and facilitate democratic governance of Nigeria as a Federal Republic.

* To provide professional information services which will project the image and reputation of the Federal Government and her people as a responsible society.

* To develop, design, institutionalize appropriate and generally acceptable public information and communication policies which will promote information management and control in a democratic society.

* To initiate action programmes, policies, rules and regulations which will ensure the existence and maintenance of civilized and orderly information and communication systems in Nigeria consistent with acceptable cultural and conventional norms and ethics of the Nigerian people and world community.

* To provide broad and specific guidelines for development management and operation of print and electronic media for education, public enlightenment, entertainment and socio-economic and political development and orientation. In this respect, the Ministry maintain appropriate relationship with he Press and the Government.

* To conduct research, surveys and studies which will enhance better understanding of the relevance,impact and approach to public information and their implications for public policies and programmes.

* To provide general printing and publishing services to all ministries for effective public administration and to educational, business and international organizations for their use.

* To represent Nigeria at International level for conferences on information

If she hasn't done anything for her constituent. Too bad.
I will pass that blame to her state governor or whoever nominated or renominated her for the post of minister.

Now, based on what you have FINALLY learnt of her Job description, tell us which of the above she FULFILLED as minister of communication from 2008 to the first part of the year. Funny, you defer blame to the state governor now.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by RoadStar: 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dora spoke and is bad!
Dora doesn't speak and she's bad.

You see why you lost the services of Ezekwesili and Okonjo-iweala ?
Nigerians deserve what they get.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
RoadStar:

Dora spoke and is bad!
Dora doesn't speak and she's bad.

You see why you lost the services of Ezekwesili and Okonjo-iweala ?
Nigerians deserve what they get.

Please dispense with the childishness.

She spoke, give her a medal for it if you want! Heck build to her a monument.  But do not give her a job that she failed woefully at,  and she even proved she was not equipped for by her own record from 2008/2010. I can understand our mumu senate bringing her back because of percieved public sentiments towards her but don't LIE to me that she is qualified for the job because then I will ask you to show me from the records how you arrived at that.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 01, 2010
na wa for naija self,i gadafi come tear naija to pieces i beg
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by Everfrank(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2010
@ choseno4. You said it all, my brother.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by eros(m): 12:50am On Apr 01, 2010
Senator Kanti Bello is a deranged, uneducated, uncultured old f.o.o.l. I watched the screening live on AIT and his questions were merely sentimental and baseless.
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by rhymz(m): 7:55am On Apr 01, 2010
. . Lol. .babaogun e be like say U sef like too much yarns sha. . .U know why I dont like arm chair critics such as the Junky U re arguing with? They are only good at finding faults, I would prefer for us not only to do the talk but to also work the talk. . There is going to be a match protest to Alausa on the 13th of dis month against Iwu's continued stay in office, I will be there if I happen to still be in Lagos by then, my elder brother and twiny brother will surely be there, we would be converging on a catholic church(cant remember the name) in ikeja, my elder bruva has the details, i could get more info on it from him if U re interested.
Quit arguing with this show off that is more interesting in exercising her close-ended and twisted logics. Anyone can sit on their butt and talk 4rm all corners of their mouth, that is not thesame thing as being part of the solution. Like I always say: "be the Change" Nigeria is like this 2day because we have a lot of arm-chair critics like the Junk U re arguing with, who already ve their conclusions even before they begin,thus their close ended arguement and unbriddled arrogance. . . Abeg leave that creature jare. . Am not even sure if it is a woman or a man coz am very sure the Junk used to pose as a male. . .scheew. . Infront of the computer screen, everyone feels like an intellectual esp when U can easily google up idea and present it like they are urz. . Scheeew. . Na 2day we don see am! Abeg free that Show-off biko. .
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by PastorOla1: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2010
Mr. Kanti Bello is an EXPIRED Senator, we don't expect him to say or do what is rigth atall like EXPIRED drugs
Re: Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening by ikennahill: 5:53am On Apr 06, 2010
dora is a rare gem

she is a real woman
she remind me of the best president we never had
okonjo iwela

kanti bello is a nigerian
let him have his say
but dora will have her way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naij: A History Of Nigeria (video Documentary By Jide Olanrewaju) / Alleged Asset Falsification: The Paths Before Saraki; Of Honour and Dishonour / On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.