Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,226 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (37739 Views)

Soon To Be Brides and grooms, Please Come In, Let's Plan Together! / After 4 Consecutive Years Of Death In Her Family, Lady Grateful For 2018 / List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by xmileeasy: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2017
sexybbstar this can be our wedding vow. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 15, 2017
xmileeasy:

Aww... So sweet. I really like it smiley
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by migeoart(f): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
sisisioge:

This one is seriously wearable. No one would call anyone trashy , tacky or cheap in this. However, I'm a lover of the princess ball gown. Yeah, straight girls rock it better grin plus it allows you pretend as if you can dance.
hahahha go for dance lessons ooook
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
migeoart:
hahahha go for dance lessons ooook

I think I would though I'm not a bad stepper right now grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
sisisioge:

I think I would though I'm not a bad stepper right now grin
Hot stepping stepper..Lol
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Melsan:
Hot stepping stepper..Lol

grin Omoge! Howdy?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
sisisioge:

grin Omoge! Howdy?
Preparing for weekend jollification
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Melsan:
Preparing for weekend jollification

I wish! That's why I've been ranting. Whew! I'm sure all will soon be settled. Enjoy yours biko.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
sisisioge:

I wish! That's why I've been ranting. Whew! I'm sure all will soon be settled. Enjoy yours biko.
Pele. Amen.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Funky123(f): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
To all of you that like to match.....check this out

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Divay22(f): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
WHY MEN ARE CALLED "GROOM”, AND THE WOMAN “THE BRIDE” ON WEDDING DAY?

Why is the newly wedded man called groom and the woman called bride?

A friend of mine got tired of his wife just about six months after wedding. He complained bitterly to me about her and told me that he has concluded to break up with her; he went on to say that he was sure that he made a mistake.

I did not respond immediately because I knew I must tell him that right thing, so I went home. And that is
what birth this message.

Many men have broken up with their wives because they end up not being the wife that they have dreamt of. But they have forgotten that on their wedding day was when the man was commissioned for the new task.

Nobody calls the woman wife on her wedding day but bride, because it is the man that will groom his bride to become the wife.

That is why the man is called ‘bridegroom or groom’ and the word grooming has to do with patiently nurturing, teaching, tending and helping someone to become what he or she should be.

It is therefore believed that a man that takes a woman to the altar of marriage is matured enough to patiently groom his bride to become the wife. The man is not supposed to just expect the bride to automatically become the wife, she must be groomed.

It is clear that many of us men have unnecessary expectations when we were getting married, we want some magic to happen to our wives, we want them to become what we have had in mind about who we want our wives to be not considering the fact that the woman does not know what's on your mind except you teach her.

Our expectation are often too unrealistic, because we don't remember that change takes time and can only expect something from someone that knows what we want.

So before you think of breaking up, have you groomed her? Have you given her time to understand you? Hope you realize that a turtle will never become a hawk? God often brings us people that are opposite of each other together in marriage so that they can help each other in their place of weaknessess.

If your wife is weak where you are weak, then where will you get the strength that is needed? The problem with many of us is that we don't accept people before attempting to change them. of course our wives are not from our backgrounds, so it will take time for them to adjust.

Stop trying to change her, accept her, love her, teach her': and be patient with her that is what grooming is all about. She is your bride now, so groom her. Stop complaining about her, she may be a turtle and you a hawk, she cannot fly so be patient with her..

I don't believe that your marriage can't work, be patient understanding and allow God to help you.....

By Enuice Eche Felix........sorry for coming late.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Everwhiz(f): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
xmileeasy:

awwww. congrats sexybbstar.. I feel like being ur bridemaid if its d date isnt too far.. lol
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by benzion72(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Divay22:

A friend of mine got tired of his wife just about six months after wedding. He complained bitterly to me about her and told me that he has concluded to break up with her; he went on to say that he was sure that he made a mistake.

I did not respond immediately because I knew I must tell him that right thing, so I went home. And that is
what birth this message.

Many men have broken up with their wives because they end up not being the wife that they have dreamt of. But they have forgotten that on their wedding day was when the man was commissioned for the new task.

Nobody calls the woman wife on her wedding day but bride, because it is the man that will groom his bride to become the wife.

That is why the man is called ‘bridegroom or groom’ and the word grooming has to do with patiently nurturing, teaching, tending and helping someone to become what he or she should be.

It is therefore believed that a man that takes a woman to the altar of marriage is matured enough to patiently groom his bride to become the wife. The man is not supposed to just expect the bride to automatically become the wife, she must be groomed.

It is clear that many of us men have unnecessary expectations when we were getting married, we want some magic to happen to our wives, we want them to become what we have had in mind about who we want our wives to be not considering the fact that the woman does not know what's on your mind except you teach her.

Our expectation are often too unrealistic, because we don't remember that change takes time and can only expect something from someone that knows what we want.

So before you think of breaking up, have you groomed her? Have you given her time to understand you? Hope you realize that a turtle will never become a hawk? God often brings us people that are opposite of each other together in marriage so that they can help each other in their place of weaknessess.

If your wife is weak where you are weak, then where will you get the strength that is needed? The problem with many of us is that we don't accept people before attempting to change them. of course our wives are not from our backgrounds, so it will take time for them to adjust.

Stop trying to change her, accept her, love her, teach her': and be patient with her that is what grooming is all about. She is your bride now, so groom her. Stop complaining about her, she may be a turtle and you a hawk, she cannot fly so be patient with her..

I don't believe that your marriage can't work, be patient understanding and allow God to help you.....

An enlighten piece, my only problem with it is that some bride are dried panla fish any attempt to straighten them na to scatter. what will you teach a recalcerant wife na just to they endure
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Divay22(f): 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
benzion72:

An enlighten piece, my only problem with it is that some bride are dried panla fish any attempt to straighten them na to scatter. what will you teach a recalcerant wife na just to they endure
Endure? I thought marriage was suppose to be enjoyed and not endure... Well some ladies are quite recalcitrant but not withstanding if you can get her soft spot i believe she can teach her....

For someone like me, it will break my heart that my hubby can't groom me, like i wouldn't wanna be same person i was when he newly got married to me and when we celebrate our first anniversary, let there be changes, as each day passes let me grow.....but like you said some women wouldn't want to be groomed either way care and understanding is the key.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
Everwhiz:

awwww. congrats sexybbstar.. I feel like being ur bridemaid if its d date isnt too far.. lol
Really? grin. We are just playing around. He's not my man. But I believe he's a 2018 groom too, for him to be on this thread.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Divay22:

what birth this message.

I wanna hug you right now. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
sexybbstar:
I wanna hug you right now. kiss kiss

Oya come ooogringrin see boobligo chai,hug me againgrin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Oya come ooogringrin see boobligo chai,hug me againgrin
Lol.. What are you doing here? Are you a confirmed 2018 groom? Or 2018 groom by faith
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
sexybbstar:

Lol.. What are you doing here? Are you a confirmed 2018 groom? Or 2018 groom by faith

Hmmmm sorry oo,I jus come hug finishgringrin
Bye bye ee
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Hmmmm sorry oo,I jus come hug finishgringrin
Bye bye ee

Lol.. So you are still afraid of getting married? Na wa o
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
sexybbstar:

Lol.. So you are still afraid of getting married? Na wa o

Na wa for u oo,so when did u become an expert in finding wetin dey people mindgringrin
Abi dem don send u come try me?grin

E nor get man wey dey fear to marrygrin abi e get any1 wey u knowgrin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Na wa for u oo,so when did u become an expert in finding wetin dey people mindgringrin
Abi dem don send u come try me?grin

E nor get man wey dey fear to marrygrin abi e get any1 wey u knowgrin
It's true tho, 99% of men are scared of marriage. I think you should read this from Divay

Divay22:

what birth this message.

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
sexybbstar:

It's true tho, 99% of men are scared of marriage. I think you should read this from Divay

Hmmmm na wa ooogringrin
Ok oooo so men dey fear,if una say so?who are my to disagreegringringrin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Hmmmm na wa ooogringrin
Ok oooo so men dey fear,if una say so?who are my to disagreegringringrin
So, I'll be waiting to see your wedding invitation card next year. Promise?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by xmileeasy: 5:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Tuxedo and suits for groom

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by xmileeasy: 5:41am On Dec 16, 2017
More

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by xmileeasy: 5:54am On Dec 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing that wonderful write-up Divay22. Marriage is beyond the glamour of the wedding, it involves real work from both partners to shape each other into what they desire.

It is not enough to get married but it is blessed to stay married. Building a strong marriage takes time, patience and hard work. It takes only a few minutes to get married, but building a marriage requires a lifetime.

I would recommend for intending couples, married couples and singles to read "The Purpose And Power of Love and Marriage" by Myles Munroe, "Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman and other books on marriage, love and relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2017
sexybbstar:

So, I'll be waiting to see your wedding invitation card next year. Promise?

From fear, now to promisegrin

Na wa ooogringrin anyway make the 2018 come firstgringrin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by benzion72(m): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2017
Divay22:

Endure? I thought marriage was suppose to be enjoyed and not endure... Well some ladies are quite recalcitrant but not withstanding if you can get her soft spot i believe she can teach her....

For someone like me, it will break my heart that my hubby can't groom me, like i wouldn't wanna be same person i was when he newly got married to me and when we celebrate our first anniversary, let there be changes, as each day passes let me grow.....but like you said some women wouldn't want to be groomed either way care and understanding is the key.

Are you married? if yes hope you are taking to his grooming, if not wait till then. Women are more of emotional being than a reasoning being. Who will choose to buy wasting assets, shoe, bags, phone than allow their man buy blocks to build house. for shoe and bag the night will be cloud 9. For blocks, cements you are on your own
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by 0neal(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2017
sexybbstar:

You can't be so certain dearie 99%

well if the Stat is accurate dat makes me one of the 1% grin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Sashafm(f): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2017
sisisioge:

Omoge...I will keep you posted. We are thinking about a nice bar with karaoke. Only two of us are bam now, the others are still tentative. Maybe we will just do a small NL girls out cool
yipee wink
sisisioge:

Omoge...I will keep you posted. We are thinking about a nice bar with karaoke. Only two of us are bam now, the others are still tentative. Maybe we will just do a small NL girls out cool
yipee can't w
ait looking forward to it.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2017
Sashafm:

yipee wink
yipee can't w
ait looking forward to it.

Groovy...dress code: groovy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) / Moment Oyibo Man Surprised His African Wife By Bringing Her Mum To US (pics/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.