Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates (77422 Views)

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring / Ayo Fayose For President Posters At PDP National Non-Elective Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by engineerboat(m): 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
My withdrawal letter.
8th December 2017
The Chairman PDP National Convention Planning Committee
Wadata Plaza, Abuja.

Withdrawal of Candidature for National Chairman of PDP

Our great party, The Peoples’ Democratic Party has from inception, adopted certain principles of zoning which have evenly balanced offices amongst the country's geo-political zones. In line with such zoning and other parameters I have at different fora, expressed my strong belief that the next National Chairman of our great party should come from the South West.

I am however convinced that with 7 out of all 9 aspirants coming from the South West, this multiplicity of contenders will work to the detriment of our zone when it comes to voting. Delegates’ votes split 7 ways will not produce a chairman from the South West. It therefore becomes necessary to prune our numbers down to no more than two.

With less than 24 hours to the convention, I have painfully decided to withdraw from the race hoping that others will join me in bringing down the number such that the South West can have a fighting chance of clinching the National Chairmanship of the PDP.

The support from serving &past governors, senators, members of the House of Representatives, women, youth and opinion leaders has been tremendous. While sincerely thanking them for their unflinching loyalty, I empathize with the great disappointment they must feel at this decision.

I plead that we all put the overall interest of PDP first. I pledge my support to whoever emerges as the national chairman as determined at the national convention.

Kindly take this letter as my formal notice of withdrawal from the race for National Chairman of the Peoples’ Democratic Party. It is time to Rebuild, Unite, Now!

Long live The Peoples’ Democratic Party! Long live The Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Yours sincerely,
JIMI AGBAJE OON

cc. Chairman National Caretaker Committee
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by engineerboat(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
Full Text of Otunba Gbenga Daniel's speech

Dear All,

As you are aware, in the last three months when I took the decision to contest for the post of the National Chairman of our great party, I have done what has been described in many quarters as most unprecedented.
I traversed the length and breadth of our great country, in all the 36 states and the FCT, meeting with various stakeholders, leadership and party members, and setting up structures not just for my personal aspiration, but also to feel the pulse of Nigerians and test the strength and popularity of our party among the citizens.

It was another learning curve for me because I discovered that in spite of our widely publicized pockets of internal challenges, many Nigerians are sincerely and justifiably looking for a credible alternative to the ruling party, the All Progressive Congress (APC), and most happily, the Peoples’ Democratic Party is still being looked upon as that credible and acceptable alternative.

It was a great opportunity for me to spread the message of hope, renewing the confidence of not only our party members but also Nigerian citizens about our great party.

I believe that I did what is expected of a loyal and committed party member to inject a new life into the party, refresh and reenergise it for optimum acceptance by the electorate.
We are a political party, and a democratic one at that.

Contest for for offices are expected to be competitive and this is what we have demonstrated sufficiently with the good number of very credible aspirants who have shown interests in all the various offices of our National Executive Committee to steer the ship of our party to victory in 2019.

No doubt, we have suffered huge losses, from the control of some 25 States into only 11 states, capped with the loss of the Presidency in 2015.
This, to me is the greatest challenge before our party, and regaining this lost glory is more important to me than any aspiration for offices.

In order to sustain the new found peace and renewed confidence of Nigerians in our party and reduce the veiled but potential line of frictions,

I consider it in the best interest the party to voluntarily withdraw from the Chairmanship race so that we can collectively look for and elect good leaders for the purpose of winning elections in 2019.

Kindly accept assurances of my esteemed regards.
Signed,
Otunba (Engr.) Gbenga Daniel FNSE, FAEng
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hasn't voting started. I cant wait for Secondus to emerge victorious.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by damoneymag(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
enlady:
I love this line by senator Makarfi-
"As we bow out, we are proud to bequeath this legacy of responsible opposition to the new leadership, with a call to resist all temptations to descend to the gutter in the name of opposition. We must continue to show by our words and actions that opposition is no madness."

Excellent speech!
I couldn't agree and less with you. that speech was worth the time spent in reading. I just hope the incoming leadership takes the advice and not engage in dirty opposition politics as witnessed pre2015

3 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by powerkey: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
castrol180:

my father is are a slow poke buffoon...

Castrated pig...
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by castrol180(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
powerkey:

Castrated pig...
so you mean your father is a slow poke buffoon? I wouldn't know...
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by konoplyanka: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

grin
Oga don't kill your self o! Last time I checked your account balance no pass 20k.
Even if SW become president it won't add value to your life if you don't get your lazy ass up and hustle.
But don't worry we are doing our best to Nominate a good leader for you so you can have hope again! So I advice you safe your data.......watch Cartoons on TVC or U watch Orisun ..... We are trying to make the best choice for you and other Nigerians
Goodluck grin

The internet gives too many nincompoops avenue to air their shitty opinion. I won't blame you.
Now you can crawl back to your pigsty in aba slum.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by konoplyanka: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
Fineman87:

You are a zone.b if you think Osibanjo will last beyond first term with buhari. In 2019, for apc and pdp, its a north/se combination. Yoruba political funeral in Nigeria starts today. Wait and see.

Even your fellow osus won't take you serious on this.

1 Like

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by dieBYfire: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
konoplyanka:

The internet gives too many nincompoops avenue to air their shitty opinion. I won't blame you.
Now you can crawl back to your pigsty in aba slum.

grin
No be lie
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by LadyNaija(f): 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
Governor Wike Arrives Like Emperor At Eagle Square For PDP National Convention

Governor Wike arrives Eagle Square, venue of the PDP National Convention 2017 and shakes it to its very foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MRsS8aFy4
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
LadyNaija:

Governor Wike Arrives Like Emperor At Eagle Square For PDP National Convention

Governor Wike arrives Eagle Square, venue of the PDP National Convention 2017 and shakes it to its very foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MRsS8aFy4

Thats my governor. His job is to stop yolibats from becoming pdp Chairman. And am sure he will deliver.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Balkan(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
Fineman87:

Thats my governor. His job is to stop yolibats from becoming pdp Chairman. And am sure he will deliver.
all Afonjas are moles in PDP. The should reserve the position of proganda officer
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Balkan:
all Afonjas are moles in PDP. The should reserve the position of proganda officer

Correct. How their interest shifted from APC to PDP baffles me.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by anigbajumo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
Balkan:

Lol,but Adediran will win nd u will be shocked...

1 Like

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by staytravel: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

Who stop you guys from going? You guys should relocate to your region and stop polluting other people region and see if you won't have your Biafra..

To be honest I agree. Lagos is a sespit if you ask me, a polluted, overpopulated mess. The east has far more potential.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Suddenly you lots from ewedu infested region have realized the the APC have booted you out and your coming back to the PDP and mandating other regions to make a Yoruba the national party chairman.

it's impossible..

tell me what the Yorubas left in PDP?

tell me their contributions to survival of PDP?

Yoruba betrayed PDP and sold out to APC in 2015.

You people are indeed shameless...

Source: powerkey
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
It beats my imagination how those ewedu people shouting sai baba, sai APC suddenly want to become PDP national chairman....

Very stupid demand indeed.

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by engineerboat(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
Remarks by Atiku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, at the Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party, at the Eagle Square, Abuja

Saturday 9th December, 2017.

Protocol

I believe in Nigeria.

I believe in one Nigeria where all our people

have equal opportunity

I believe in one Nigeria where we all share a common good.

This belief inspired me and other compatriots to establish The Peoples Democratic Party on the ideals of one united nation, built on the principles of Justice, Equity and Equal Opportunity.

For the past 19 years, I have fought for these principles, even when some in the party have not:

• I fought against factionalism

• I fought for our Nation’s constitution and to prevent tenure elongation

• I fought for our party’s constitution – even at the expense of being forced out of the very party that I helped found. For this is the price one must sometimes pay for democracy.

However, I never abandoned our founding principles.

I stayed true to them as I did on Monday the 17th August, 1998 when the late Alex Ekwueme, the late Solomon Lar and the late Abubakar Rimi and our other founders gathered to announce the birth of the PDP.

And, today, I am proud to say that I have returned home – home to our party.

• I am proud that the PDP is the party that successfully took over power from the military in 1999

• I am proud that the PDP gave Nigeria her first transition from a ruling party to an opposition party – a transition that is now a model for all of Africa

• I am proud that the PDP has an unequalled record of growing our economy for the benefit of all

However, in 2015 the PDP was no longer united and Nigerians voted for change.

Now we must unite as a party to secure the trust of the Nigerian people again because under the APC Nigeria is not working and our people are not working.

Let us consider what the APC has achieved versus what they promised at election time:

• The APC promised us three million new jobs a year.

In Government the APC has lost us three million jobs a year

• The APC promised us peace and unity.

Under the APC Nigeria is now more divided and acrimonious than at any time since the civil war

• The APC promised us restructuring. In office the APC denied restructuring.

The APC promised a war on corruption but all they have delivered is a war on the opposition, with handouts for their cronies and handcuffs for their opponents.

Compare the record of the APC in Government to the record of the PDP in Government:

• We, the PDP, achieved a 10-year increase in the life expectancy of our people

• We, the PDP, enabled 99 million more of our people to have a mobile phone

• We, the PDP helped Nigeria become the largest economy in Africa

As members of the PDP, we all have a lot to be proud of.

In the 16 years that we governed this nation we kept it united, peaceful and prosperous.

We made mistakes, but we put our nation first.

We did not favour only states that voted for us and punish those that did not. We favoured all.

And we also know that 5% and 97% do not add up to 100%.

We now have an APC government, which continues to blame previous governments and scapegoat people rather than solve problems it was elected to solve.

The PDP is the party that will restructure Nigeria into a modern nation with working institutions and a system that gives back power to the people by promoting:

• Free enterprise – because it is businesses that create sustainable jobs, not government

• Property rights – that encourage people to invest in job creation

• A smaller, more effective government that does not consume 75% of the federal budget just on paying salaries

We the PDP are Nigeria's only truly national party.

We must work to earn the trust of Nigerians again and, if given another chance in Government use it to continue to work to improve the lives of our citizens.

So my message to you today is plain and simple:

The PDP is stronger together and Nigeria is stronger together.

• We, the PDP, must be the party that is the hope of the common man for the common good of the commonwealth of Nigeria

• We, the PDP, must be the party that takes power from the centre and puts it firmly in the hands of the Nigerian people

• We, the PDP, must be the party that embodies the Nigerian vision, and ensures that the Nigeria of divisions never, ever happens again

So at this very important Convention let us elect the very best leaders….

• LEADERS who truly understand what it means to position the PDP as a viable and preferred alternative to the mis-governing APC!

• LEADERS who understand the urgency of restructuring to devolve more power to the states and to our people

• LEADERS who truly understand what it means to create the right environment to create jobs – especially for our youths

So let’s get the PDP winning again so we can get Nigeria working again.

PDP! (Power)

PDP! (Power)

Power! (To the People)

6 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by enlady(f): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
Could you please stop the tribal rants? We PDP faithful are on this thread to witness the rebirth of a new party spirit. Your posts are an eye sore. Every geopolitical zone has something to offer our great party.
Fineman87:
Suddenly you lots from ewedu infested region have realized the the APC have booted you out and your coming back to the PDP and mandating other regions to make a Yoruba the national party chairman.

it's impossible..

6 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by engineerboat(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Fineman87:

it's impossible..

H

Young man stop this your ranting here please.

This is an important programme

2 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
enlady:
Could you please stop the tribal rants? We PDP faithful are on this thread to witness the rebirth of a new party spirit. Your posts are an eye sore. Every geopolitical zone has something to offer our great party.

What tribe are you from? Only a yolobat will be uncomfortable with the truth. Admit it or not, those posts are the TRUTH. If you are yolibar, stay away from pdp.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Shukuakukobambi: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
enlady:

pls don't beg him to stop. he must finish what he started for only then can he have peace grin

let the empty chest beating cowardly clown continue his dance in the mud cheesy

4 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
engineerboat:

Op. Sorry. Yolibats must be put in their place. Secondus all the way.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Shukuakukobambi: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
engineerboat:

why are you begging him to stop? see his response in bold to sensible folks like you who dared ask him to stop his dance in the mud smiley

Fineman87:

What tribe are you from? Only a yolobat will be uncomfortable with the truth. Admit it or not, those posts are the TRUTH. If you are yolibar, stay away from pdp.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by SouthEastFacts: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
engineerboat:
Remarks by Atiku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, at the Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party, at the Eagle Square, Abuja

Saturday 9th December, 2017.

Protocol

I believe in Nigeria.

I believe in one Nigeria where all our people

have equal opportunity

I believe in one Nigeria where we all share a common good.

This belief inspired me and other compatriots to establish The Peoples Democratic Party on the ideals of one united nation, built on the principles of Justice, Equity and Equal Opportunity.

For the past 19 years, I have fought for these principles, even when some in the party have not:

• I fought against factionalism

• I fought for our Nation’s constitution and to prevent tenure elongation

• I fought for our party’s constitution – even at the expense of being forced out of the very party that I helped found. For this is the price one must sometimes pay for democracy.

However, I never abandoned our founding principles.

I stayed true to them as I did on Monday the 17th August, 1998 when the late Alex Ekwueme, the late Solomon Lar and the late Abubakar Rimi and our other founders gathered to announce the birth of the PDP.

And, today, I am proud to say that I have returned home – home to our party.

• I am proud that the PDP is the party that successfully took over power from the military in 1999

• I am proud that the PDP gave Nigeria her first transition from a ruling party to an opposition party – a transition that is now a model for all of Africa

• I am proud that the PDP has an unequalled record of growing our economy for the benefit of all

However, in 2015 the PDP was no longer united and Nigerians voted for change.

Now we must unite as a party to secure the trust of the Nigerian people again because under the APC Nigeria is not working and our people are not working.

Let us consider what the APC has achieved versus what they promised at election time:

• The APC promised us three million new jobs a year.

In Government the APC has lost us three million jobs a year

• The APC promised us peace and unity.

Under the APC Nigeria is now more divided and acrimonious than at any time since the civil war

• The APC promised us restructuring. In office the APC denied restructuring.

The APC promised a war on corruption but all they have delivered is a war on the opposition, with handouts for their cronies and handcuffs for their opponents.

Compare the record of the APC in Government to the record of the PDP in Government:

• We, the PDP, achieved a 10-year increase in the life expectancy of our people

• We, the PDP, enabled 99 million more of our people to have a mobile phone

• We, the PDP helped Nigeria become the largest economy in Africa

As members of the PDP, we all have a lot to be proud of.

In the 16 years that we governed this nation we kept it united, peaceful and prosperous.

We made mistakes, but we put our nation first.

We did not favour only states that voted for us and punish those that did not. We favoured all.

And we also know that 5% and 97% do not add up to 100%.

We now have an APC government, which continues to blame previous governments and scapegoat people rather than solve problems it was elected to solve.

The PDP is the party that will restructure Nigeria into a modern nation with working institutions and a system that gives back power to the people by promoting:

• Free enterprise – because it is businesses that create sustainable jobs, not government

• Property rights – that encourage people to invest in job creation

• A smaller, more effective government that does not consume 75% of the federal budget just on paying salaries

We the PDP are Nigeria's only truly national party.

We must work to earn the trust of Nigerians again and, if given another chance in Government use it to continue to work to improve the lives of our citizens.

So my message to you today is plain and simple:

The PDP is stronger together and Nigeria is stronger together.

• We, the PDP, must be the party that is the hope of the common man for the common good of the commonwealth of Nigeria

• We, the PDP, must be the party that takes power from the centre and puts it firmly in the hands of the Nigerian people

• We, the PDP, must be the party that embodies the Nigerian vision, and ensures that the Nigeria of divisions never, ever happens again

So at this very important Convention let us elect the very best leaders….

• LEADERS who truly understand what it means to position the PDP as a viable and preferred alternative to the mis-governing APC!

• LEADERS who understand the urgency of restructuring to devolve more power to the states and to our people

• LEADERS who truly understand what it means to create the right environment to create jobs – especially for our youths

So let’s get the PDP winning again so we can get Nigeria working again.

PDP! (Power)

PDP! (Power)

Power! (To the People)
I am inspired.

1 Like

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by imam07: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
Am so sorry for the ibos. From time in memorial,they like digging their own grave by themselves.
This is the same way Gej killed PDP with his own ego.No party in Nigeria can stand successfully without the West. What is the advantage of an Ibo being the national chairman of a party Which the party can't stand to rule. PDP is already dead and I only blame Buhari for giving you breathing space.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by SouthEastFacts: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
tutudesz:

The VP slot should go to SE and Senate President to SW, because in all fairness SE is the only region yet to produce the President and Vice President since the return to democracy.
SW will get Senate President if they play their politics well. Saraki is decamping to PDP soon, the party that made him SP and stood by him throughout his tying times.
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by SouthEastFacts: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
imam07:
Am so sorry for the ibos. From time in memorial,they like digging their own grave by themselves.
This is the same way Gej killed PDP with his own ego.No party in Nigeria can stand successfully without the West. What is the advantage of an Ibo being the national chairman of a party Which the party can't stand to rule. PDP is already dead and I only blame Buhari for giving you breathing space.
So you believe there are Igbos in River State now? God will continue exposing you people.

Sorry, Atiku is your NEXT! President.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by imam07: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
I imagine how ibos are just vomiting trash on this trend because of ordinary party chairmanship. What will u all do if an Ibo man becomes the president.
Don't even have it in mind that Ibo can rule this country.

1 Like

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
Truth is bitter. Some pipu are pained. Zone.b yolibate.

From Sai baba to pdp. Shame
Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Shukuakukobambi: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
Fineman87:
Truth is bitter. Some pipu are pained. Zone.b yolibate.

From Sai baba to pdp. Shame

truth is indeed bitter. some people are shameless hypocrites. potor potor jews

from biafra to dying on top fulani atiku matter cheesy

from ofe nsala day to participating in the zoogeria party election cheesy

from TAN to GEJ 2015 to biafra or death to swimming isiala ngwa muddy pool....now back to licking fulani atiku urine cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates by Misterdhee1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
damoneymag:

I couldn't agree and less with you. that speech was worth the time spent in reading. I just hope the incoming leadership takes the advice and not engage in dirty opposition politics as witnessed pre2015
Lol...Pre2015 or post2015? Stop hiding away from your shadows oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Police Kill 'Dragon', A Dreaded Bandit Behind Attacks In Imo (Graphic Pics) / Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Cert Forgery / Ministerial List: Names To Watch Out For (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.