Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! (1775 Views)

What Agric Business Can One Start With 500k? / Poultry Farmlands For Sale @N250,000 per acre @ Ballah, Eiyenkorin, Ilorin / I Need To Know Which Agric Business Really Works And I Will Provide The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by beesammy(m): 12:43am On Dec 10, 2017
Dear 'Agriclanders' grin,

I am a young man trying to saddle into Agric business, I'm based in Abuja. I would like to be properly and adequately advised on a high-yield and less risk Agric business I could start up with N250,000.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 10, 2017
You said you:

1. are young

2. based in Abuja

3. need high yield Agric business

4. less risk agric business

5. start up with N250,000

Let me be honest with you, it is only you who can make a very good decision for yourself. Take note of the following

1. You are young: Reduce cost of production and set up by using your energy to reduce outsourcing. Do some tasks by yourself. Might be constructing structures, lifting of heavy things, clearing of land etc by yourself, etc. If a consultant is going to write a plan for you, these things you can do by yourself will have figures attached to them.

2. You are based in Abuja: You need to open your eyes to what sells there. Luckily, your location attracts higher price. The way you think despite you are a beginner is different from the way an expert who is based in the local interior part of Kogi thinks. So, what kind of advice can you get from such person? Lol. Sir, you might need to go around and check pricing of what you are interested in.

3. What do you mean by high yield? It can be high number of turn over within a period of time with low to high profit on each transaction, or can be just one time transaction with very high profit. Do you want something u can turn over every 3 to 4 months? Or just once yearly?
Or can you wait to invest continously in your business for 5 to 8 months without any income before you start making income every week?

4. To have a less risky business is to be highly educated in the area you are interested in. Let me be plain to you. What makes most business risky is not only lack of tech- know how but the kind of person you associate with. Man is the worst pest. The consultant or the plumber you give money to render a service for you is your main headache. Therefore, be ready to study and know the in and out of the business you want to do.

5. What can be set up with N250,000? This is the main question. I think you need huge capital for trading. Also, you cannot use such small amount to make high profit if you choose to go with rearing of animals, fish, snail etc. You may run out of patience. In my own opinion, you can look into vegetable production. You can do it if you have a piece of land around you. You have source of water around you, amd maybe a water pump you can use.

You can start with cucumber. Then, move into cabbage, tomato, lettuce etc later. If you think you are smart enough to take instructions via a chat medium like whatsapp or telegram, you can be guided easily. Also, if you have land, water around you and you can get just one more person to assist you in the garden, you should be able to get it done. Within 3 months, you may be able to make more for yourself.

Send me an email if you have access to the assets I have listed, and if you are interested in vegetables. If you are smart, you can install everything by yourself (irrigation inclusive). You should break through easily. If and only if you are smart.

5 Likes

Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2017
I will go straight to the point.

Since you live in the city of Abuja packaging and distribution is the best option with the capital you have at hand.
Please note never consider high profit at the beginning of business. You should thing of positioning your product, consumer preference, expansion, durability of your business. Profit will come later.
Please don't let this online farmers advise you to go into rearing of livestock or crop farming with the capital you have. Trust me you will end up losing and frustrated. I speak from a point of knowledge and experience.
Therefore, go to the remote area where they process very good garri (white, Ijebu, yellow) package same into 1-10kg and distribute to Supermarket and sale to friend, family etc.
You can buy smoked fish direct from the farmer/processor repackage and sale
You can get a large picture from the above.
Good luck and God bless you.
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by Ossysamsy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
beesammy:
Dear 'Agriclanders' grin,

I am a young man trying to saddle into Agric business, I'm based in Abuja. I would like to be properly and adequately advised on a high-yield and less risk Agric business I could start up with N250,000.

Thank you for your time.
Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by bigdot1759(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
it's beta to start some research on farmland to lease@ least like 4acres and plant maize & cassava. base ur research on chemical like altrasin and paraforce to spray b4 planting. so just start dat now b4 February ending
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by beesammy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks bro. I really do appreciate.

fluentinfor:
You said you:

1. are young

2. based in Abuja

3. need high yield Agric business

4. less risk agric business

5. start up with N250,000

Let me be honest with you, it is only you who can make a very good decision for yourself. Take note of the following

1. You are young: Reduce cost of production and set up by using your energy to reduce outsourcing. Do some tasks by yourself. Might be constructing structures, lifting of heavy things, clearing of land etc by yourself, etc. If a consultant is going to write a plan for you, these things you can do by yourself will have figures attached to them.

2. You are based in Abuja: You need to open your eyes to what sells there. Luckily, your location attracts higher price. The way you think despite you are a beginner is different from the way an expert who is based in the local interior part of Kogi thinks. So, what kind of advice can you get from such person? Lol. Sir, you might need to go around and check pricing of what you are interested in.

3. What do you mean by high yield? It can be high number of turn over within a period of time with low to high profit on each transaction, or can be just one time transaction with very high profit. Do you want something u can turn over every 3 to 4 months? Or just once yearly?
Or can you wait to invest continously in your business for 5 to 8 months without any income before you start making income every week?

4. To have a less risky business is to be highly educated in the area you are interested in. Let me be plain to you. What makes most business risky is not only lack of tech- know how but the kind of person you associate with. Man is the worst pest. The consultant or the plumber you give money to render a service for you is your main headache. Therefore, be ready to study and know the in and out of the business you want to do.

5. What can be set up with N250,000? This is the main question. I think you need huge capital for trading. Also, you cannot use such small amount to make high profit if you choose to go with rearing of animals, fish, snail etc. You may run out of patience. In my own opinion, you can look into vegetable production. You can do it if you have a piece of land around you. You have source of water around you, amd maybe a water pump you can use.

You can start with cucumber. Then, move into cabbage, tomato, lettuce etc later. If you think you are smart enough to take instructions via a chat medium like whatsapp or telegram, you can be guided easily. Also, if you have land, water around you and you can get just one more person to assist you in the garden, you should be able to get it done. Within 3 months, you may be able to make more for yourself.

Send me an email if you have access to the assets I have listed, and if you are interested in vegetables. If you are smart, you can install everything by yourself (irrigation inclusive). You should break through easily. If and only if you are smart.
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by beesammy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks everyone
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by habayinc(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Learn about snail farming(Heliculture). Start small and watch your business grow
Re: Agric Business To Start With N250,000!!! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
BABA DO STORAGE BUSINESS FOR AGRO PRODUCTS. ALL U NEED IS PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR A GIVEN PERIOD Of STORING. And don't be too greedy. What u buy at N5 den turns to N10 sell off immediately don't wait and expect d price to keep increasing. That what kill most people doing storage biz. I think 100% ROI in 4-6 months is a good biz.

U can store palm oil around Feb to sell around July or Aug and store yam or beans around Nov/Dec to sell around Mar to June.

Thaank u

(1) (Reply)

Can You Identify What Tomatoes This Is? / Anyone Selling Moringa In Lagos??? / Catfish Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.