Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants (60219 Views)

Ahmed Kadi Amshi Confirmed NASC Chairman Amid Outrage / PDP Presidential Primary: Tambuwal Claims Other Aspirants Have Ganged Up Against / Full List Of Elected PDP Officers At The National Convention 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by cstr1000: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2017
okway:

All this one na long story.

We just want PDP gone.

APC has a battle to win in Ekiti. SW has to unify under one umbrella with a strong opposition presence too.
I think PDP knows where its assets are. And the SW is not it.

Right from time, they have always acted against the PDP.

Go and embrace your APC. That is your only hope.

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2017
Where does this leave the SE
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by okway: 8:22am On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

I think PDP knows where its assets are. And the SW is not it.

Right from time, they have always acted against the PDP.

Go and embrace your APC. That is your only hope.

Why should SW give PDP any asset?

What does the SW have to gain in PDP? grin

4 Likes

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by anonimi: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2017
supereagle:
We need money to run the party quite alright, this is legitimate, but using money to buy votes is immoral. It has destroyed democracy in Nigeria. When office holders start misbehaving, we shall not have moral rights to query them because we sold our votes to them.

So why are YOU not saving YOUR own money to fund the parties and campaign for YOUR preferred candidates?
Are YOU sensistizing voters to not sell their votes and even better, to join political parties and give their money to candidates?
Are the Americans who contributed to Obama's campaign twice and Bernie Sanders campaign more special than we are
In case you don't know, that was largely the case in the pre-independence era until the end of the 1st Republic in 1966.

Bernie Sanders's Big Money
The Democratic presidential candidate’s populist rallying cry has helped him rake in cash, and infused massive amounts of money into the political process.

When Bernie Sanders makes a demand for money, he gets it. After winning the New Hampshire primary, the Democratic presidential candidate broadcast a plea. “I’m going to hold a fundraiser right here, right now, across America,” Sanders declared, urging anyone who would listen to visit his website and make a donation—“whether it’s 10 bucks, or 20 bucks, or 50 bucks.” Money poured in at a rapid clip. By the end of the next day, the campaign had collected a staggering $8 million.

As it takes in massive sums, the insurgent presidential campaign has upended conventional wisdom about money in politics. Most presidential candidates consider super PACs, the reviled political-spending operations capable of accepting unlimited amounts of corporate money, a central part of their strategy to win the White House. Even candidates who suggest super PACs should be done away with, like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, have embraced them in their presidential bids, effectively arguing that you have to play the game if you want to one day change the rules. Sanders has taken a different path. The Vermont senator is the first high-profile Democratic presidential candidate to loudly insist he doesn’t have or want a super PAC in the aftermath of Citizens United, the 2010 Supreme Court ruling that opened the door to a flood of money into politics. Instead, Sanders has relied on average Americans to donate whatever they can, a strategy that has proved remarkably successful.

More from: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/bernie-sanders-fundraising/471648/

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by anonimi: 8:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Rhea:
APC, ACN, PDP
Same head. Different hair cut cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Quite correct.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by ocelot2006(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2017
profmiganigal:

If u want to know this meaning of LOUSY, LESS POlITICAL SAVVY plus consequences

Just ask

Bode George
Jimi agbaje
Tunde adeniran

The maening is till fresh in their treacherous minds

Lolzzzzzzzzz

Haba remove Jimi Agbaje from that list na. What did the gentleman do? Besides he has been quite loyal to the party. I recommend that he be considered for the VP slot.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Bobby808: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
The North after endorsing and deceiving Prof Adeniran turned around and abandoned him.

SW Region, after stepping down and choosing Prof Adeniran as a consensus candidate turned around and abandoned their own brother.

Now, our great party is now firmly in the hands of SS/SE/North.
but the Yorubas had never win any words, states, any local government, nothing so ever for the pdp. The Yorubas are just enjoyimg the hard working of the south south and the east. Who killed Awo? Who killed Abiola and his wife, who imprisoned Obasanjo? Who blind and imprisoned General Pail Diya and so many evil against the people of the west is it not the northerners? The south south and the east are becoming wiser. If Tunubi likes, let him remained slave to the north especially the Fulanis north. Is theres anybody who does not remember what the past pdp northerner chairmen did to GEJ including the west?

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2017
sokera:
Why do Rivers governors like using Rivers state money to buy polictics these days ? Ameachi use Rivers State money to sponsor Buhari and now Wike too use Rivers state money to sponsor Secondus ... ok continue

Atleast wike used it to sponsor his fellow rivers brother but what can you say of ameachi ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Deo1986(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Anyone noticed how us Niger Deltans becomes influential when given the opportunity? Wike, now manipulates affairs in PDP. Amaechi, influences things in APC. My humbleself's, gonna direct affairs in the entire African continent in no distant future! So beat it.

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Liebermantic: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2017
micflo28:
With a chairman from SE/SS, vice president from SW, president from North...APC's fate is sealed, PDP will rake in votes from all angle while APC is left to grapple with norths votes only.

Atiku needs to intensify his campaign in NW and NE.

SE,SS and NC are already in the hands of PDP..

SW VOTES will be shared by APC and PDP..

President from NE,
Vice president from SE

Senate president from SW

Speaker from NW
Deputy Senate from NC

Deputy speaker from SS

SGF from SE
etc

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Putting the party in the hands of Yoruba man is very very risky and the whole nation knows that you can't rely on a Yoruba man ..he is two faced...they learnt from.obashanjo subtle anti party activity before he tore the cards

They know Yoruba and their ability to reneage on the said norm

I am.sorry this might sound harsh but that's the truth...from the way things are going....down south

You are not shouting.. Janus faced creatures. They will conspire and betray you!
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by miraclea: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2017
He merited the job but in a society like ours where sentiment and religion is the yardstick to win or loose how far can secondus penetrate and Co ordinate the big names and party members from bigger regions seeing his backbone wike is a state and not a national figure
I love this coming back but doubt if the structure pdp is building can stand up against the current govt knowing that you need to mobilize people from all regions to defeat your opponent let's see how they will ellect other officers anyway good luck
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by kswarthy: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2017
I pity southwest. The political calculation has never favoured at all! They cannot even hold chairmanship position. Still at D back sit
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Daboomb: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2017
yarimo:
All what I can see is Fraudulent group of people conducting fraudulent and dubious election, fraudulent group of people who has rule and want to rule nigeria fraudulently in a dubious ways grin grin grin

PDP has always and will always remain a party of crooks and a nest of killers! They can never do anything right.
No one should be surprised at the results but if these are the jokers that want to take power in 2019, they have just played into Buhari's hand.

Its a shame, was expecting they would turn a new leaf but "Mr. Clueless and his henchmen" seems desperate to hijack the party!

Were is KOWA and all of the other parties, we need alternatives from these two, especially a failed party like PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Adebowale89(m): 9:03am On Dec 10, 2017
I'm happy sw was sideline in this PDP election

I'll canvass for pdp north/east for presidency to atleast test the relevancy of whose region has stand in national politics

let devil use PDP to nominate north/s.east grin for 2019 president grin

una eyes go clear. GEJ failure would be an excellent compare to what 2019 outcome would become

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Daboomb: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Liebermantic:

Atiku needs to intensify his campaign in NW and NE.

SE,SS and NC are already in the hands of PDP..

SW VOTES will be shared by APC and PDP..

President from NE,
Vice president from SE

Senate president from SW

Speaker from NW
Deputy Senate from NC

Deputy speaker from SS

SGF from SE
etc

This type of mentality is why NO ONE IN NIGERIA can hand over the Presidency to an IPOB, just look at your "sharing formula"!

Recall in 1964, when an Ibo man was made the Vice Chancellor of the great University of Ibadan, all of a sudden, every staff of that insitution based in Yoruba land, was Ibo.
Give Ibo man an inch...he would seize your whole property.

1 Like

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Tecno66: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
The North after endorsing and deceiving Prof Adeniran turned around and abandoned him.

SW Region, after stepping down and choosing Prof Adeniran as a consensus candidate turned around and abandoned their own brother.

Now, our great party is now firmly in the hands of SS/SE/North.
He lost because the cancer that has eating dip into our politics. People changed their mind at the last minutes in exchange for cash. If we continue like this, even the worst candidate will in our elections if they have the cash because poverty has killed our conscience.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by omoiyalayi(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Hahahaha! Well, I don't need you to feed me because I think I can feed myself very well. However, I know there must be a poor person in your family, why can't you start by bettering his/her life after all charity should start at home. Stop denying or trying to be clever by half, we all know who you're referring to if not tell us what you mean by his name making them come second? I bet you can't explain it, now run along hungry DJ and I will suggest going forward, don't engage in petty tribalism if you ever hope of using DJ service to move yourself and your family out of biting poverty. Peace be

I think there is no point engaging u there's nothing I can say to lost soul like to change the way u think

U re deluded all u talk abt is tribalism that cannot be found in any of my post for your information I work in an IT firm djing is what I ve passion for that I ve been doing before I finished school so be guided

The cash I promise you is still available o I'm a man of my word not like your pay masters
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2017
So the South-south/South-east convention normally held has bore its first fruit ? I jus hope it gives them the PDP VP Slot too.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by ufuosman(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2017
Congrats
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Jaideyone(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2017
profmiganigal:

U just behaving like a slowpoke

Buhari was ahead of jonathan by 3m

Moreover pdp won in ekiti

Lagos was equally divided same as ondo state

No use igbos play.......oooo

U people are gone

Stop laughing like a fool........biko afonja

illiterate. what's the meaning of equally divided? APC won all south west states except Ekiti
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Daboomb:

This type of mentality is why NO ONE IN NIGERIA can hand over the Presidency to an IPOB, just look at your "sharing formula"!

Recall in 1964, when an Ibo man was made the Vice Chancellor of the great University of Ibadan, all of a sudden, every staff of that insitution based in Yoruba land, was Ibo.
Give Ibo man an inch...he would seize your whole property.

U Yorubas are something else, can you kindly tell me what is wrong with his sharing formula ? Atleast evry sector of the country was fully represented unlike APC which you used yo ethnic politics and sidelined Igbos.
We aint yoruba, we play an all-inclusive politics.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by marticeus(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Tears are not just enough to cry for the BELOVED Rivers state. Amaechi wasted funds and resources sponsoring Buhari, Odili wasted Rivers funds for PDP and now Wike has made a grand entrance into to the wasteful circuit. From now onward till 2019, PDP's burdens will be on Rivers meagre resources. When will your MUMU ever do. Meanwhile, Rivers indigenes are among the poorest in Nigeria, shame!. Wise up man.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Igboid: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2017
I'm yet to understand why common folks are jumping up and down over Nigerian politics.

It boggles my mind.
APC and PDP are two sides of same coin. None would improve the lot of the commoners, they serve the interest of the imperial masters and the few rulling elites.

Why are common folks this naive?
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by nommoh: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2017
Congratulations to PDP. Patiently waiting for 2019!
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by ismail55(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2017
[quote author=abiolert post=63140188]congrats to him and the entire pdp members. make una know say una failure just dey start. for those quoting me anyhow, just continue if you think you can remove pmb in 2019 just because you successfuly conducted a staged managed congress of massive rigging by wike and fayose. PDP KEEP Dreaming!........PDP will always be maga to nigerians..In Buhari will trust not money and power mague pdp.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by erinalex: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

To be honest....I can't read this ! Learn to make use of paragraph and put your thoughts in proper perspective before I can engage you

Have a good day sir
do u have to engage me? No. Truth always taste better in your tongue. Instead of you to bring up a superior facts to neutralize my own points; paragraph becomes ur talking point. Since when are u sitting for English waec ? Admits that u gaffe here, instead of been trying to b clever. I know ur type. Enjoy ur Sunday.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by SouthEastFacts: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Redhot111:

Mumu post. That APC chairman is from edo state, does that make rooted in the hands of edo state? Think constructively
Even if Prof had won, the Party structure would still be controlled by SS/SE/North, but losing woefully, strengthened their grip on the reins.
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

How do you actualize that vision without accompanying votes ?
for your mind you are talking sense Mr man gerrout of here
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Frankbaro(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
okway:

PDP is dead in the SW. Kiss the truth. grin
Why didn’t they come through in 2015 cheesy

Why are u so bitter?
The same way APC is dead in SE/SS
Abi na by force to win election
Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Doyin2(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
PDP!
Dollar!

Re: Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Jaideyone:

illiterate. what's the meaning of equally divided? APC won all south west states except Ekiti

Like I said earlier, I don't engage yorubas again......in anything...........

So u can answer ursef any question u ask......

QED.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Goni, Kyari, ModuSheriff, Elkanemi Death: Borno Lost 4 Red Cap Elders In 2 Weeks / Slay Queens To Wash Cars In Port-Harcourt, Support PDP / Sowore Appears In Court Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.