Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (39018 Views)

See What Paul Adefarasin Said About The Lord's Prayer & Reactions / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by solonazzy: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Antichrist will come from the Catholic church.
How will anyone want to rewrite or give value to the words of Jesus Christ?

The pope can brainwash his Catholics,
But he should not try it with me if not I'd use a bible to smash his head.
stop being naive....d bible was translated from different languages...n as such its meaning could ve been lost truly....Dr r one words in some dialect u just wnt find d right phrase to interpret dem.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
We understand you don't like the catholic church,everyone has a cock roach in his or her cupboard even in Pentecostal churches.The pope actually made sense
Malcolm101:
Excuss You! Don't They've Many Bishops Who Are Gay? Or Haven't You Read Of Many Catholic Prists Who Has Sexually Abused Young Boys? Read Man.

Before Looking 4 What To Correct In The Bible, He Should Start With D One In His Church.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by musicwriter(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tajbol4plend:

Isn't from there Christianity originated?

Europe had nothing to do with Chriistianity until about 312 AD when emperor Constantine converted to Christianity. This is solid 312 years after Yashua/Yehoshua has died. Before this time, they were killing anybody who believed Yashua/Yehoshua who by the way was black. The more they killed, the more people continued to believe Yashua/Yehoshua.

When the population in their colonies refused to stop believing in Yashua/Yehoshua, it struck them they could actually use religion to control the masses. So, they invented Jesus Christ to replace the original protagonist who they didn't like. The Jesus Christ of today is Cesare Borgia the son of Pope Alexander VI. Christians ever since has been worshipping a human being- Cesare Borgia.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by dukecharles(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
The pope's New translation is actually what we have in Igbo translation "Ekwela ka anyi Kwenye na nranye ma zoputa anyi na ajo ife" Do not allow us fall into temptation but deliver us from all evil.

The Pope is right becaus Jame 1 vs 13 to 14
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed

The new translation make more sense God that I serve can't lead me into temptation.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by brightleave(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Malcolm101:
You Mean The Way His Church Wants To Include Gay & Lez In The Bible?

make hin go sitedown.
Looking 4 likes
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Holy father(pope)you have said it again o.Since you wrote the bible before you can still do it again.I hail the catholic church
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Weareone202: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Pls take a closer study of the next verse that follows this particular verse and you'll find out that the Bible did not contradict itself
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
musicwriter:

Europe had nothing to do with Chriistianity until about 312 AD when Pope Consstantine converted to Christianity. This is solid 312 years after Yashua/Yehoshua has died. Before this time, they were killing anybody who believed Yashua/Yehoshua who by the way was black. The more they killed, the more people continued to believe Yashua/Yehoshua.

When the population in their colonies refused to stop believing in Yashua/Yehoshua, it struck them they could actually use religion to control the masses. So, they invented Jesus Christ to replace the original protagonist who they didn't like. The Jesus Christ of today is Cesare Borgia the son of Pope Alexander VI. Christians ever since has been worshipping a human being- Cesare Borgia.

Could this be true
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
My brother you know history me myself i have researched on this if only Nigerians can research they would respect the Romans and the catholic church
musicwriter:

Europe had nothing to do with Chriistianity until about 312 AD when Pope Consstantine converted to Christianity. This is solid 312 years after Yashua/Yehoshua has died. Before this time, they were killing anybody who believed Yashua/Yehoshua who by the way was black. The more they killed, the more people continued to believe Yashua/Yehoshua.

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by geekybabe(f): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM DAY ONE!

ONLY THAT IT'S MORE DIFFICULT NOW, THERE ARE SO MANY COPIES OF THE BIBLE, ALMOST IN EVERY CORNER.

UNLIKE BEFORE THAT THERE WAS JUST ONE, IN THE HANDS OF THE POPE.

I REALLY FEEL SAD FOR THESE PENTECOSTALS USUALLY BASHING THE CATHOLICS AND THEIR DOCTRINES.

THEY DON'T KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IN CIRCULATION TODAY IS THE WORK OF ROME, NOT ANY GODS'.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by rhames(m): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
mediahubng:
Pope of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis has proposed to change the Lord’s Prayer that’s bedeviled him for years.
While speaking to an Italian TV network Friday, the pontiff said that he opposes the phrase “lead us not into temptation” in the current translation of Our Father.

In his words;

“That is not a good translation,” Francis said in Italian.

“It is not He that pushes me into temptation and then sees how I fall,”

“A father does not do this. A father quickly helps those who are provoked into Satan’s temptation.”

The Lord’s Prayer is a popular sacred prayer known in Christianity and is memorised by hundreds of millions of Catholics and Pentecostals alike.

The interpretation of the ancient text has been debated for centuries and some theologians has argued that the original phrasing was lost in translation as it morphed from different languages.

According to study, Our Father is a translation from the Latin Vulgate, a 4th-Century Latin translation of the Bible, which itself was translated from ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic.

What do you think about the Pope’s opinion? Share your thoughts at the comment section.
http://verge24.com/2017/12/10/pope-francis-wants-to-change-the-lords-prayer/

From the Council of Nicea to another problem today. No wonder the last Pope decided to abdicate for these evil people.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
Please research about the catholic church before commenting then after that read about protestanism led by Martin Luther and the 30 years war,before i forget read about the council of Nicea.Then you would respect the catholic church.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by musicwriter(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Could this be true

And why would I be lying to you? Everything is all verifiable, even inside your bible. Read the lost history http://www.africason.com/2016/01/the-lost-history-why-was-black-history.html

Most important, there's a documentary at the bottom of the article, everything was explained there. Make sure you watch it.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by livebullet(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Malcolm101:
Excuss You! Don't They've Many Bishops Who Are Gay? Or Haven't You Read Of Many Catholic Prists Who Has Sexually Abused Young Boys? Read Man.

Before Looking 4 What To Correct In The Bible, He Should Start With D One In His Church.

Note there are already many protestant churches in the US who advocate and approve gay unions in the name of marriage. But you can't find that in catholic teaching. If you here ugly stories of incidence around the world, that does not make it a Catholic teaching. Remain blessed

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
God bless you abeg help me tell am these people should know they can't beat the catholic church.
livebullet:

Note there are already many protestant churches in the US who advocate and approve gay unions in the name of marriage. But you can't find that in catholic teaching. If you here ugly stories of incidence around the world, that does not make it a Catholic teaching. Remain blessed

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by livebullet(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Please research about the catholic church before commenting then after that read about protestanism led by Martin Luther and the 30 years war,before i forget read about the council of Nicea.Then you would respect the catholic church.

Ladyhippolyta88 please for the sake of history I need to know you. So many people are misinformed because they do not read. Pls mail me on xcellentema@gmail.com or 07035401907
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
God bless you abeg help me tell am these people should know they can't beat the catholic church.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Catholic Church is the greatest sexual abuser of children in this world. No church holds that record on this earth.
Let's not also forget that the Vatican was also one of the largest investor in the transatlantic slave trade and there are tons of documents to prove this.
You can change your Lords prayer all you want, he doesn't listen to paedophiles anyway.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by CAPSLOCKED: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
Dvampire:
kt's long been known that there were some errors in the translation of the Bible from ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek to the English language.

ERRORS IN THE WORD OF THE SUPPOSED ALMIGHTY GOD?

THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN HEBREW AND GREEK CLEARLY SHOWS THAT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR THE FULANI OR IGBO MEN.

BUT HERE WE ARE... FIGHTING EACH OTHER AND SCREAMING THE NAMES OF THE FOREIGNER'S GOD.

I PITY ALL OF YOU.

AMADIOHA AND HIS THUNDER IS WAITING TO ROAST EACH ONE OF YOU WITH STROKES OF LIGHTNING FOR ETERNITY.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by LemonBoy1: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ezionye:
God still understands our prayers even if we don't say it right

Signing out

Understands and answers oh.....lolsss... Well it doesn't mk it right if it was wrong all these years...lets see what the cardinals reaction will be

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by domiron: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
Raiyell:
Many people read without comprehending. Reading comprehension is so low among Nigerians.

What the pope is calling for is a better translation.

At the moment, the Italian translation of a part of the prayer goes thus:

“He that pushes me into temptation and then sees how I fall,”

The English translation reads:

"Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from all evil."

Can you spot the one that is more Godly among the two versions? The pope desires for the Italian version to not sound spiteful.

Lol -- reading your comments make me go "Na Wa Oh".

e be like sey na only you go school for here...Spot on

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by OlivetBen(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
tolugar:
whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven

and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven.

Mathew 16:19

i rest my case
"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and of the holy city..." Revelation 22:19
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by JBRichard(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
He should do what he thinks is right! After all the Lord's prayer is not what it is, it was passed from different languages and interpretations changed.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by adetony244(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
musicwriter:

everything you said there is a lie, starting from Constatine to the invention of Jesus Christ. in fact, Constatine was not even a pope but an emperor.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Donjazzy12(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
mediahubng:
Pope of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis has proposed to change the Lord’s Prayer that’s bedeviled him for years.
While speaking to an Italian TV network Friday, the pontiff said that he opposes the phrase “lead us not into temptation” in the current translation of Our Father.

In his words;

“That is not a good translation,” Francis said in Italian.

“It is not He that pushes me into temptation and then sees how I fall,”

“A father does not do this. A father quickly helps those who are provoked into Satan’s temptation.”

The Lord’s Prayer is a popular sacred prayer known in Christianity and is memorised by hundreds of millions of Catholics and Pentecostals alike.

The interpretation of the ancient text has been debated for centuries and some theologians has argued that the original phrasing was lost in translation as it morphed from different languages.

According to study, Our Father is a translation from the Latin Vulgate, a 4th-Century Latin translation of the Bible, which itself was translated from ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic.

What do you think about the Pope’s opinion? Share your thoughts at the comment section.
http://verge24.com/2017/12/10/pope-francis-wants-to-change-the-lords-prayer/
The Antichrist move to alter the Bible begins! Before Catholics knows what hit them, this evil man would have so disorganized Christianity as they know it.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by girl4rmspace(f): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm sorry but u sound stupid

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by tolugar: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
OlivetBen:

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and of the holy city..." Revelation 22:19

Now the word is intact but misinterpreted
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by BadBlaize(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
It is "Leave us not in temptation"
Dats the right translation
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Mcleo007(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Raiyell:
Many people read without comprehending. Reading comprehension is so low among Nigerians.

What the pope is calling for is a better translation.

At the moment, the Italian translation of a part of the prayer goes thus:

“He that pushes me into temptation and then sees how I fall,”

The English translation reads:

"Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from all evil."

Can you spot the one that is more Godly among the two versions? The pope desires for the Italian version to not sound spiteful.

Lol -- reading your comments make me go "Na Wa Oh".

So many retards online... Many don't even know that the Bible was not originally written in English language. Even English language has evolved over time, meaning so many things have been lost in translation over the course of history.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
My dear the catholic church remains the first church on this earth and it is a universal church.Yes I agree that a lot of priest have been accused of sexual misconduct but it does not change the fact that the catholic church the Eastern orthodox church the coptic church and also the Greek orthodox church has a lot to do with Christian history.Are you God to tell me whether or not the prayers are not answered.Mind you about the slave trade issue in the past slavery was supported even in the bible it took Education and enlightenment(the age of enlightenment)before a lot of Christian organisations abolished it, slavery is supported even in the bible e.g. Paul, philemon and oneisimus. Go and research.
Bidobado:

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Catholic Church is the greatest sexual abuser of children in this world. No church holds that record on this earth.
Let's not also forget that the Vatican was also one of the largest investor in the transatlantic slave trade and there are tons of documents to prove this.
You can change your Lords prayer all you want, he doesn't listen to paedophiles anyway.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
The bible has always been altered time after time it is not infallible it is fallible.Go and read about the bible.
Donjazzy12:

The Antichrist move to alter the Bible begins! Before Catholics knows what hit them, this evil man would have so disorganized Christianity as they know it.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
I would send you a message tomorrow.
livebullet:

Ladyhippolyta88 please for the sake of history I need to know you. So many people are misinformed because they do not read. Pls mail me on xcellentema@gmail.com or 07035401907
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Modesto950(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
God please help us in this end time, friends we need to repent because the time is ticking faster than ever before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Victor Ajisafe Arrested In Sierra Leone Over Hate Speech Against Islam / Daddy Freeze, Crazeclown: Doctor Saves Life In Theatre You Take Gifts To Pastors / Anambra Catholic Church Flooded, Worshippers Hold Service In Front Of Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.