Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (923918 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
HomeTutor1:
Thank you so much for your response sir. I have made up my mind to prepare for only GRE and to write the exam by nextmonth. Please I wish to apply to Graduate schools at california most especially sacramento south. Please is it not too late to start applying for 2018 fall admission?

Next month for gre is too early and applying for fall 2018 is already late.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
hello everyone !please I need a contact of anyone that attends university of Texas at Tyler! Please it’s really an urgent matter ! I appreciate your assistance in advance

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by joystick007: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Big Franzo. Baba you do well.

Thanks so much.

bigfrancis21:

Lol. I know how happy you'd be. Are you planning on using Prodigy international student loan?

I strongly recommend that you take the GRE for interview purposes to be able to present something when asked by the VO. GRE can be registered now for N45k only. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello house,
I want to pay application fee for Cleveland state university for my cousin,but GTB and other banks told me they have discontinued using their naira MasterCard for online payment.
Can someone here help me pay the fee of $40,while I pay into the person naira account please.
Hope to hear from someone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
gudnews212:
Hello Gurus in the house; Please, I need answers to the following questions:
I want to do my phD in electrical Engineering in USA and it will be founded by private organisation with the sum of 27 million naira.
I want gurus in house to suggest to me three(3) average Engineering school in USA that is good in phD electrical and have an affordable tuition fees because I’m intending taking my family with me latter . Also can I still write standardize exams for me to get opportunity to work so as to compliment what I have. Please any other advise is appreciated.
PhDs generally comes with a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend(this is enough for the upkeep of one person, we don't know how large your family is) so you do not need to pay anything. However, admission to PhD in electrical engineering is competitive so I,ll advise you take the GRE and TOEFL. It is even part of the minimum requirement for most schools. standardized tests have nothing to do with working in the US, so I don't understand what you mean by that. As regards selection of schools, I believe you'll have to make your own research on that, google is usually one tap away and it will be beneficial to start reading from page 1 of this thread and GRE thread.....hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dannie007(m): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
sultanfortune:
Hello house,
I want to pay application fee for Cleveland state university for my cousin,but GTB and other banks told me they have discontinued using their naira MasterCard for online payment.
Can someone here help me pay the fee of $40,while I pay into the person naira account please.
Hope to hear from someone

I can help you pay if you are ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
dannie007:

I can help you pay if you are ready
I am ready to pay and that's why I came here to ask...
How do we do it bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ainastar123: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello house, I just joined this informative platform and a friend affirmed that gurus here can throw in constructive feedback on my profile. I am looking at applying for either MBA or masters in financial engineering but I am not sure if my profile has a slight chance of getting funding (full or partial). I will appreciate if gurus, with experience and similar profile, can advise what school to shop for in this regard.

My profile;
Undergrad-WES converted : 3.63/4.
GRE- 307 (Q155, V152, AWA 5.0)
Length of Eperience - 7 years
Industry - Financial Services.

NB- I have looked at some schools on USnews, Princeton review, Poet&qt, Forbes list and class profiles of some good US schools but my findings is not satisfactory in terms of the question I am asking Gurus in the house.

Please help.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gbolly4unow: 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
I need advice please. I have B.sc CGPA 4.14/5.0, M.sc CGPA 3.8/5.0, GRE 285. Can this profile fly for full funding phd admission(management) in USA considering my abysmal performance in GRE? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ainastar123: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
I can see alot of people have been praying for the strike to be called off. Good news, the strike was called off today. From Tom orrow, start chasing your transcript.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ainastar123: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
I can see alot of people have been praying for the strike to be called off. Good news, the strike was called off today. From Tomorrow, start chasing your transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samie1das: 5:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Can you explain further? I didn't get your comment about loopholes. There's absolutely nothing bad in applying to more than one school.
kcwitch:

watch it bro. You could get him locked up. There are some loopholes to that. Just calm down okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samie1das: 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
I think If you have the funds, why not register for another one so therethere wont be excuses? Just my houghts though.
Gbolly4unow:
I need advice please. I have B.sc CGPA 4.14/5.0, M.sc CGPA 3.8/5.0, GRE 285. Can this profile fly for full funding phd admission(management) in USA considering my abysmal performance in GRE? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Samie1das:
Can you explain further? I didn't get your comment about loopholes. There's absolutely nothing bad in applying to more than one school.

I'm talking about the mafit statements you keep making. They have some loopholes that can get the owner locked up. So chill
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by louisky2001: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
My first visitation application that I was denied bears a salary of #50,000 ( typographic error) instead of #500,000. Now in my second application I now put #500,350 after tax. That was the only thing that change in my second application. Could that be the reason I was denied. Secondly, does my visitation application has anything to do with my student visa application that I am about to apply for?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gudnews212: 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for your quick respond.As regards to my family we are five(5) including my wife and . Please, I still need your assistance as regards to Schools thanks.
goodemma20:
PhDs generally comes with a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend(this is enough for the upkeep of one person, we don't know how large your family is) so you do not need to pay anything. However, admission to PhD in electrical engineering is competitive so I,ll advise you take the GRE and TOEFL. It is even part of the minimum requirement for most schools. standardized tests have nothing to do with working in the US, so I don't understand what you mean by that. As regards selection of schools, I believe you'll have to make your own research on that, google is usually one tap away and it will be beneficial to start reading from page 1 of this thread and
thanks for your quick respond.As regards to my family we are five(5) including my wife and I . Please, I still need your assistance as regards to Schools thanks. thread.....hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by frostsc: 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samie1das: 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
I guess this has to do with me saying your alma matter who gifted you a toefl registration may not be reliable? I only said that in good faith and since you proved that he's done it then that's fine by me. No hard feelings. I'm only for what benefits everyone at the end of the day. That's also why I talk about Mafit. If anyone does well and helps others then I'll talk about them as well.

kcwitch:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by louisky2001: 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please I need advice, the school I applied does not require GRE, do I still need to write it for the interview purpose?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by louisky2001: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please I need advice,,,, the school I applied does not require GRE, do I still need to write it for the interview purpose
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
louisky2001:
My first visitation application that I was denied bears a salary of #50,000 ( typographic error) instead of #500,000. Now in my second application I now put #500,350 after tax. That was the only thing that change in my second application. Could that be the reason I was denied. Secondly, does my visitation application has anything to do with my student visa application that I am about to apply for?

21st century with error of numbers. shocked shocked shocked. F1 is independent of B1/2. However, your details are in the database; once your name pops up, your VO can see your previous details and may or may not use the submission of your previous VOs to determine your fate. How 50 turned 500 still dey wonder me too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
TravelDrim:
Please someone should reply asap. A guy has been offering to help people pay for GRE or so. Now I contacted the person and he wants me to give him international passport id number and gre login details. Please can someone manipulate you with your passport Id number ?

How do you know the person? I know you do need your passport id for TOEFL. Perhaps, it's needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by victree007(m): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
johnsonnob:
I was interviewed by the white man on glasses in window 6, after denying the first 3 persons before me.
My transcript as follows
VO: How are you?
Me: I'm fine? You?
VO: I'm good, Hope you had a wonderful night?
Me: (In my mind,i was like wa sere omo) It was good Sir
VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree at New Mexico Highlands University?
Me: Yes
VO: Whats your major
Me: Environmental Geology
VO: Why New Mexico Highlands University?

Thanks to everyone that i learnt from on this forum, God bless you all. I still think there is need to reiterate that the place of prayer can not be overemphasized , be confident and be consistent when answering questions. Also ensure you fill your ds160 by yourself , please.

Hello Bro,
Please I sent you an email. Kindly respond when you have time.
I'll like to inquire about this school and the same course u applied for because that's my interest area too. I'm also a graduate of Geology.
Please find time to respond

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Amahjosh(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Am interested pm sent. Thank you for the kind gesture of giving back..God bless you real good
lincoffm:
BELIEVE!! ... 50% of GRE, TOEFL AND S.A.T still avail! I'm trying to help 10 PEOPLE Nothing more... And it's give back time!! ... Kindly Contact my signature Please because I can't respond to nairaland direct mail. My inbox is filled

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
kcwitch:

I'm talking about the mafit statements you keep making. They have some loopholes that can get the owner locked up. So chill

Hummm please tell us more .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
Samie1das:
I guess this has to do with me saying your alma matter who gifted you a toefl registration may not be reliable? I only said that in good faith and since you proved that he's done it then that's fine by me. No hard feelings. I'm only for what benefits everyone at the end of the day. That's also why I talk about Mafit. If anyone does well and helps others then I'll talk about them as well.

Away from the previous comments. I'm not even referring to the toefl registration (not a requirement me). Don't brag about mafit like you do. You'll only expose the loopholes by bringing excess attention to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.