Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917174 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Rowlexy(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
hankMacoy:
3.08 will fit in from midtier (midranked) schools to low Ranked schools. Your options are good. Just do some bing or google search. Just don't look at top schools like Harvard or Princeton. USA has pretty many schools. And the rankings "sometimes" is just politics in my opinion.
Thanks bro, the midtier schools to low ranked schools will do just fine. Is January 2019 still feasible? I hear applications have closed and most schools don't admit international applicants for January intakes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rowlexy:

Thanks bro, the midtier schools to low ranked schools will do just fine. Is January 2019 still feasible? I hear applications have closed and most schools don't admit international applicants for January intakes
Two thousand and ninteen is very feasible. who said applications have close for Januay intakes? The question is, has it started? When u choose ur school, just check it's website. the applications DEADLINES are there, guraanteed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
My school (Alfred Lerner MBA) has asked me to provide statement of account so as to give me the i-20 form. How exactly does it work? I mean how long does the money last in the account? does it culminate to the statement of account provided to the visa guys or is that one done differently? If done differently, also how long does it last before they confirm so I can use the money?
Kindly give me an info.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
hankMacoy:
3.08 will fit in from midtier (midranked) schools to low Ranked schools. Your options are good. Just do some bing or google search. Just don't look at top schools like Harvard or Princeton. USA has pretty many schools. And the rankings "sometimes" is just politics in my opinion.
No its not. The standard/quality of education is different, intensity of research is different..alot of differences. The difference in MIT,UT,Gatech,Virginia Tech,Bekeley etc and the low ranked schools for engineering is so glaring even to a blind man.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rowlexy:

Yes, It's 3.08 on a scale of 5, food science and nutrition is a STEM course. I currently work as a quality control personnel in a food and beverages firm. So i intend to boost my educational profile. Coming back to Nigeria after graduation?? It depends on the offer i get after my studies
Okay, asked so you dont do a course that you wont be able to get a longterm job after graduation or at least OPT. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:
Wishing all TOEFL & GRE Applicant success in the forthcoming examination! Nothing But Joy!! Just give back time...

TOEFL & GRE ONLY! Discount still ON!

Note; Pls this is only for serious candidate willing to write any of the standardized tests. Email for serious deal ONLY !!

Regards,

I just reply your email...
check....
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hon4real(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Want to register for the next available TOEFL exam,
please what's the guidelines. I am in Benin now, I can travel anywhere apart from the northern part to write the exam.
damzy88:
Are there opportunities for funding for Masters in Business Analytics?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:
Wishing all TOEFL & GRE Applicant success in the forthcoming examination! Nothing But Joy!! Just give back time...

Note; Pls this is only for serious candidate willing to write any of the standardized tests. Email for serious deal ONLY !!

Regards,

p
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
femi312:
No its not. The standard/quality of education is different, intensity of research is different..alot of differences. The difference in MIT,UT,Gatech,Virginia Tech,Bekeley etc and the low ranked schools for engineering is so glaring even to a blind man.

I believe you were not insinuating that the OP is a blind man. I also believe there are ways to pass a comment or opinion without stepping on toes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
123abcclown:

I believe you were not insinuating that the OP is a blind man. I also believe there are ways to pass a comment or opinion without stepping on toes.
Its not my problem that you decided not to understand what I wrote, seems to me that is a personal problem . I don’t owe you any explanation

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kidUrbane: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:

Please enlighten me on how I can benefit from your generous offer. I intend writing the TOEFL as soon as possible. Thank you and God bless you.

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
PreshNeymar:
[/b]Please, when are the available dates for an interview btwn Monday (19th of may) till the 20th of April
Please, i need response ASAP... thanks a bunch [b]
I scheduled on Wednesday, the earliest date I saw then was April 23rd. I had to request for an emergency appointment.
My new date is tomorrow, 19th.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
This thread is like 95% Masters... Can someone create a thread for Undergraduate students too please. Need adequate information on preparation for Fall intake 2018. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 11thCondo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
In need of advise please.

Hi...
i. so I have Bsc in Geosciences and would like to do my Masters program (Environmental Geology) in any good school in the US. But then I learnt one needs a lotta experience in this field to gain an employmen in the States, 20 years of experience.

ii. I'm also considering switching to ICT majors.

Please what would you guys suggest I try (long run):
Major that doesn't require long year of experience to be gainfully employed in the States. Say I would like to work in the States before heading back to Nigeria.

Thanks guys. Anticipating an in-depth response.

Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by emmaroland: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rowlexy:

Yes, It's 3.08 on a scale of 5, food science and nutrition is a STEM course. I currently work as a quality control personnel in a food and beverages firm. So i intend to boost my educational profile. Coming back to Nigeria after graduation?? It depends on the offer i get after my studies
why can't you consider industrial Engineering with a concentration in quality control. there's More opportunities in that field. just saying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
brightdocare:

please the test date should be June 2nd
you didn't even ask me the venue and test date
check your email
Hello Onos-

You come here and say things . Ever since I confirmed the registration and done you still refuse to reply your email chat . I'm getting tired of this act . Remember I'm also a Nigerian so we are both smart don't make me go extra mile with this little stuff . When I register for you pay up so I can have fund to do another person. This greedy. That's why the country ain't moving forward since we left

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elijahsinto(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Please house
My passport will expire June 2020 while my masters program will end by October 2020... Do I need another passport to cover the date and also do I need to take transcript along with me when going for an interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:
PUBLIC NOTICE

Good day Ladies/ Gentlemen.

I was here few days ago to make some complain about individual contacting me for standardized test registration. Up till now some still got the registration done for and still go away without a word after confirming the tests. Please I don't want to make enemy out of this cos remember I register that test and I have a copy handy. I know people in Nigeria who I can contact to locate you. Atleast we can get you on the day of the exam. You are not smart . It's simple I'm not registering test for free I told y'all already and if you don't need the or you don't have cash handy respect yourself and stay clear . Because after your registration you pay the discount I help others . Don't be greedy !!! I'm not registering on credit or hire purchase, if you have cash only because so many people need this test.

Don't block their chances!

NOTE: If you didn't turn yourself in in few hours I will be forced to attach your ID With the conversation both here and other forums

Regards,

People are so cruel at times , i believe the person would turn him or herself in very soon...Nigerians at times sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:
PUBLIC NOTICE

Good day Ladies/ Gentlemen.

I was here few days ago to make some complain about individual contacting me for standardized test registration. Up till now some still got the registration done for and still go away without a word after confirming the tests. Please I don't want to make enemy out of this cos remember I register that test and I have a copy handy. I know people in Nigeria who I can contact to locate you. Atleast we can get you on the day of the exam. You are not smart . It's simple I'm not registering test for free I told y'all already and if you don't need the or you don't have cash handy respect yourself and stay clear . Because after your registration you pay the discount I help others . Don't be greedy !!! I'm not registering on credit or hire purchase, if you have cash only because so many people need this test.

Don't block their chances!

NOTE: If you didn't turn yourself in in few hours I will be forced to attach your ID With the conversation both here and other forums

Regards,

To prevent this from happening further, it is why they should always pay you the discount first before you register. I think you should switch your style.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
ayosamlove:
This thread is like 95% Masters... Can someone create a thread for Undergraduate students too please. Need adequate information on preparation for Fall intake 2018. Thanks

This thread is for both bsc and msc prospective students, though more than half are for graduate studies. Ask any questions that you may have and you should get them answered.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by louisky2001: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pls I need a clarification from anyone that knows, if i write GRE this year can it be roll over ( what I mean is that can I use it for subsequent admission even next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pampaya009(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
louisky2001:
Pls I need a clarification from anyone that knows, if i write GRE this year can it be roll over ( what I mean is that can I use it for subsequent admission even next year.
The GRE result can be used for 5years, so you're safe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
bigfrancis21:

To prevent this from happening further, it is why they should always pay you the discount first before you register. I think you should switch your style.

If someone online take their money and run they call admin + moderators, and also call the person out immediately. Now see what they are doing. Let change this attitude that Nigerians are bad. I believe we are good people. I'm still waiting patiently on those individuals to return my mssg and pay up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
bigfrancis21:

This thread is for both bsc and msc prospective students, though more than half are for graduate studies. Ask any questions that you may have and you should get them answered.
Hello Sir
My SAT date is May 5 and result to be available by May 23, please do you think I can still meet up with Fall 2018?

Cc: Lagosismyhome, Twoods, femi312 and other gurus

I can't stand waiting for 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by align360: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:

If someone online take their money and run they call admin + moderators, and also call the person out immediately. Now see what they are doing. Let change this attitude that Nigerians are bad. I believe we are good people. I'm still waiting patiently on those individuals to return my mssg and pay up.

Hello! trust you are good! If they refuse to comply as discussed, do not hesitate in calling them out. Share their details and the conversations too. This is not a Nigerian thing, they are fraudsters... Nigerians are good people! God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2018
I guess there's a definite visa processing time for f-1visa.
I don't know it.
Please who knows this?
You could also refer me to any link with the answer if there's one.
I try to.provide answers here.
I feel cheated out by the fact that no one answers my questions.
Pls kindly help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lala234:

Hello Sir
My SAT date is May 5 and result to be available by May 23, please do you think I can still meet up with Fall 2018?

The schools specific deadline would be your guide....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
hankMacoy:
I guess there's a definite visa processing time for f-1visa.
I don't know it.
Please who knows this?
You could also refer me to any link with the answer if there's one.
I try to.provide answers here.
I feel cheated out by the fact that no one answers my questions.
Pls kindly help.

Your question is not really clear...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
lincoffm:

Hello Onos-

You come here and say things . Ever since I confirmed the registration and done you still refuse to reply your email chat . I'm getting tired of this act . Remember I'm also a Nigerian so we are both smart don't make me go extra mile with this little stuff . When I register for you pay up so I can have fund to do another person. This greedy. That's why the country ain't moving forward since we left

sir why bring this here....I have been responding to your mail

just that I was out from home...
why will I take advantage of your kind heart....
thanks and God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 12:41am On Mar 19, 2018
Lala234:

Hello Sir

It depends on the school. What's your application deadline?

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.