Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915287 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by donanod(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2018
Quoran:
Please house, if one's passport photograph does not show on the Confirmation page, will that be a problem? The system did reject my passport and simply asked me to come with a new passport photograph alongside my confirmation email for my interview.

I am asking this because a part of the appointment confirmation stated this: "Effective immediately,visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay-upload your photo as part of your visa application!"

I need your help guys!
theamerican LagosismyHome Walspring

I'm not quite sure I know why the system is rejecting your passport photograph, but I think this might be helpful: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html

You could use "Paint" to resize the resolution of your passport photo accordingly.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by vert007: 2:17pm On May 09, 2018
Quoran:
Please house, if one's passport photograph does not show on the Confirmation page, will that be a problem? The system did reject my passport and simply asked me to come with a new passport photograph alongside my confirmation email for my interview.

I am asking this because a part of the appointment confirmation stated this: "Effective immediately,visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay-upload your photo as part of your visa application!"

I need your help guys!

It's rejecting the picture simply because it's not in the required size that it should be uploaded in Go and snap a 2by2 american size passport and scan it or your download am app from playstore for resizing pictures to resize the current one with you

Also remember when going to the embassy, you must go with the passport required size which is 2by2

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sekinatmi(f): 2:34pm On May 09, 2018
sekinatmi:
Good morning everyone,

I will be applying for an F1 visa soon and one of my brothers sponsoring me is in China and his account statement is in Chinese. Please does he needs to translate it or notarize it at the American embassy in China?

Please can anybody help me or direct me? I already sent a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and there is no response yet. I also left a message on the nairaland page and it's seems it is not active.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2018
Good day everyone, I have a question to ask. I just got admitted into an American university in Illinois but the problem is I recently discovered that the course I applied for is an online course. I am so pissed because 2018 Fall resumption is approaching. Will it be written on my i20 that it's an online course and is it advisable for me to tender it at the embassy or should I apply to another university (which i'm already doing) to save me the embarrassment ?? Coz I am scared they might detect it's an online course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 2:58pm On May 09, 2018
lasthero:

ooops, i lost access to the email i used to register on nairaland. you can chat me on whatsapp if you don't mind.

which of the campus are you proposing?

lorman or natchez?
Lorman campus, I haven't completed my application. Whatsapp contact would be fantastic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 3:08pm On May 09, 2018
Opasammy:
Congrats
I haven't got an admission yet bro. How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 3:08pm On May 09, 2018
Good afternoon nairalanders, pls is there anyone in this forum who applied into west chester university of pennyslvania and got admited for fall 2018.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 3:10pm On May 09, 2018
Good afternoon nairalanders, pls is there anyone in this forum who applied into west chester university of pennyslvania and got admited for fall 2018 or anyone here who is currently in the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hilaryxoxo(f): 3:30pm On May 09, 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH
What will someone not see on this nairaland? You mean you applied for a course and didn't know it was an online course

Ayobami93:
Good day everyone, I have a question to ask. I just got admitted into an American university in Illinois but the problem is I recently discovered that the course I applied for is an online course. I am so pissed because 2018 Fall resumption is approaching. Will it be written on my i20 that it's an online course and is it advisable for me to tender it at the embassy or should I apply to another university (which i'm already doing) to save me the embarrassment ?? Coz I am scared they might detect it's an online course.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 3:34pm On May 09, 2018
Ayobami93:
Lets even assume the VO did not detect, you plan to travel to the US to be studying online? How do you even want to do it because I just cant phantom this scenerio of getting a visa for an online course. Don't be in a hurry to leave Nigeria, make proper planning. Just forget about going to the embasy with that i20.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 3:38pm On May 09, 2018
femi312:
Lets even assume the VO did not detect, you plan to travel to the US to be studying online? How do you even want to do it because I just cant phantom this scenerio of getting a visa for an online course. Don't be in a hurry to leave Nigeria, make proper planning. Just forget about going to the embasy with that i20.

Some people are funny and crazy in nature
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yemiosinbajo: 3:42pm On May 09, 2018
Ayobami93:

International students are not allowed to study an online program in the US, so, your plan is out of it. In addition, international students are allowed to take only a maximum of one online class from twelve credits.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by martineverest(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2018
anyone heading towards auburn university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by exxy(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

International students are not allowed to study an online program in the US, so, your plan is out of it. In addition, international students are allowed to take only a maximum of one online class from twelve credits.
Very Correct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 5:10pm On May 09, 2018
sobastical:
Just switch quickly, you should have checked the ratio of the the online courses of the school before applying

Check if you can get another school or check if the school is a pro-online school, hence the VO will surely detect and know..

The school is not entirely pro-online, some of their courses are online likewise classroom-based courses but i dont fancy the other courses. I have already applied to another school but I am not sure I can meet up for Fall admission. I will be patient for Spring admission anyways. Thanks for your advice bro. Bless.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 5:26pm On May 09, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

Thanks a lot for the advice bro, I've applied to another university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2018
jeffery23:
Hello great gurus in the house
My Visa was delayed 04/5/18
Kindly go tru my transcript and tell me what went wrong,God bless.

Vo: where are you going to
Me: am going to Lincoln university for my mba with a concentration in general business in Oakland carlifonia.

Vo: how did you get to know about the school
Me: the school was recommended to me by an alumni at my place of work and I a[s]lso did my research online via Education US, Usnews[/s] where I found out it’s a good school for me and it’s inline with my dad budget
Vo: how many school did I apply to
Me: LU,UCM and UNC
LU and UCM gave me admission
Vo: what course did you study
Me: Bsc accounting
Vo: okay,so you going for MBA now
Me: yes
Vo: who is your sponsor
Me: my dad
Vo: whats does he do
Me: his a civil engr and his into real estate management
Vo:oh that’s cool ,it mean he build ?
Me: yes he work for both private sector and govt parastatals
Vo: nodding and head and smiling
Vo: have you travelled before
Me: no,had no reason to until now
Vo: are you married
Me: no
Vo: do u have kids
Me: no
Vo:am so sorry ,you may not be eligible for the visa now,kindly apply again
Me: thank you
One fault i noticed in your transcript is that it does not make sense that you choose LU over UCM. LU does not even have any form of ranking. And who told you that Lincoln university at oakland is on usnews?. Try to say realistic things next time you visit the embassy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 5:29pm On May 09, 2018
Quoran:

I need your help guys!

This is what worked for me, you may do same: After several photo rejections, I went to a photographer and snapped the normal 2inch by 2inch spec which is equivalent to 5cm by 5cm mathematically. Then I asked him to send me a soft copy, though he had to increase the resolution beyond the minimum of 600pixels by 600 pixels ( to around 731pix by 731pix) and this worked perfectly upon upload.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 5:29pm On May 09, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 5:33pm On May 09, 2018
femi312:

It's not my plan to study an online course in the US. I just made a mistake not detecting on time. I've applied for a classroom-based course elsewhere. Bless.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2018
sobastical:
Try check for some schools who are still taking app for Fall, am sure you gonna get some
Bless Up Bro!

Thanks bro. I checked but most of their deadlines are this month and my search is actually restricted to the state of Illinois.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 5:39pm On May 09, 2018
Thanks. In my case, the system allowed me to proceed without uploading a photo. They simply said I should come along with a passport photo during the interview. I can't edit it again.If I had known, I would have tried to work on the picture before proceeding. The part of the e-mail in the appointment confirmation which talked about uploading a photo before coming for the interview really scarced me.
learner007:

This is what worked for me, you may do same: After several photo rejections, I went to a photographer and snapped the normal 2inch by 2inch spec which is equivalent to 5cm by 5cm mathematically. Then I asked him to send me a soft copy, though he had to increase the resolution beyond the minimum of 600pixels by 600 pixels ( to around 731pix by 731pix) and this worked perfectly upon upload.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2018
Quoran:
Thanks. In my case, the system allowed me to proceed without uploading a photo. They simply said I should come along with a passport photo during the interview. I can't edit it again.If I had known, I would have tried to work on the picture before proceeding. The part of the e-mail in the appointment confirmation which talked about uploading a photo before coming for the interview really scarced me.

Have u submitted? If no, I would advise you avoid stories that touch because whether u upload successfully or not, you would still be required to bring about 2 hard copies with you. The pessure of interview is enough on its own, one does not need anoda extra pressure from little things like Passport photo. I believe you will be fine Sha... I wish you what I always wish myself, SUCCESS!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.