Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915508 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 6:00pm On May 09, 2018
I have submitted bro. Thanks.
learner007:

Have u submitted? If no, I would advise you avoid stories that touch because whether u upload successfully or not, you would still be required to bring about 2 hard copies with you. The pessure of interview is enough on its own, one does not need anoda extra pressure from little things like Passport photo. I believe you will be fine Sha... I wish you what I always wish myself, SUCCESS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 6:07pm On May 09, 2018
Quoran:
I have submitted bro. Thanks.

Avoid story and heart break! Fill another DS160 application and make sure everything is correct. Then go to your Visa appointment page and change the DS160 number on it. its so simple.... Please don't go to the embassy with the ds160 that does not have your picture oooo.... You dont want to waste your time and loose money at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 6:10pm On May 09, 2018
Hmmm Thanks. I will do as you have advised.
aadeyi:

Avoid story and heart break! Fill another DS160 application and make sure everything is correct. Then go to your Visa appointment page and change the DS160 number on it. its so simple.... Please don't go to the embassy with the ds160 that does not have your picture oooo.... You dont want to waste your time and loose money at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 6:21pm On May 09, 2018
sekinatmi:

Please can anybody help me or direct me? I already sent a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and there is no response yet. I also left a message on the nairaland page and it's seems it is not active.

Tell him to translate it in English and if possible notarize it. That way there will be no super story from the embassy during your interview.

My 2cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by donanod(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2018
Hi @Walspring. Pls I sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 6:26pm On May 09, 2018
Ayobami93:

Thanks bro. I checked but most of their deadlines are this month and my search is actually restricted to the state of Illinois.

Bros there is no point rushing anywhere, you are obviously not prepared yet. Just calm down and settle for 2019. study well, take standardize exam to better you chance and make more inquiry about whatever you don't understand.

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 7:28pm On May 09, 2018
sobastical:

Abi the VO na learner grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Na real learner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2018
aadeyi:

Behold old things are passed away, all things have become new.... Just use this new ds160 and go get your visa this time...... Best of Luck

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 7:55pm On May 09, 2018
RoadAnimations:
Hi
I want to thank you all for your help.
Am happy to post my transcript cos I have learnt from others.
My Visa was approved today.

Got there 5:30. Saw crowd. Was like really?
I had to pay 1k to keep my Bag and Phone. This Lagos sha.
Had to stand throughout.
Nice building. Up to 4 security checks. Fingerprint stuff then VO.

I loved the fact that you cud listen to others as they argued with VO. Thanks to the many approved transcript I have read and Gods Grace ( Major Factor ). Kept cool and calm

VO: Pass me your Passport and I20 pls.
Me: Here sir
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: Am going to start a direct-Phd programme at Iowa State University, Electrical and Electronic Eng
VO: Hmmm. Okay. Why do you need this degree
Me: I want to Lecture and Research
VO: Who is paying for the fees
Me: The school. Got a full scholarship that includes tuition waver and health insurance and ( cuts me off )
VO: How many years
Me: 5 yes.
VO: I would be approving your visa

Wishing all of you guys yet to interview the best.
Whatever happens. NEVER argue with the VO. Cos everyone I saw today do that went home with a blue paper.

Shalom

Please I want to apply to this school next fall. Can you give me any hint advice or probably state ur profile if I can tap from it.... Preparing for GRE. Wes Eval: 3.60

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2018
So Sorry! IMO, I think your home ties are weak. Refire again! Best Wishes.

jeffery23:
Hello great gurus in the house
My Visa was delayed 04/5/18
Kindly go tru my transcript and tell me what went wrong,God bless.

Vo: where are you going to
Me: am going to Lincoln university for my mba with a concentration in general business in Oakland carlifonia.

Vo: how did you get to know about the school
Me: the school was recommended to me by an alumni at my place of work and I also did my research online via Education US, Usnews where I found out it’s a good school for me and it’s inline with my dad budget
Vo: how many school did I apply to
Me: LU,UCM and UNC
LU and UCM gave me admission
Vo: what course did you study
Me: Bsc accounting
Vo: okay,so you going for MBA now
Me: yes
Vo: who is your sponsor
Me: my dad
Vo: whats does he do
Me: his a civil engr and his into real estate management
Vo:oh that’s cool ,it mean he build ?
Me: yes he work for both private sector and govt parastatals
Vo: nodding and head and smiling
Vo: have you travelled before
Me: no,had no reason to until now
Vo: are you married
Me: no
Vo: do u have kids
Me: no
Vo:am so sorry ,you may not be eligible for the visa now,kindly apply again
Me: thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 8:02pm On May 09, 2018
Hello Nairalanders

Am going for which is under Engineering college in my school. But

My GP didn't meet up to my course requirement and because of this, it was stated on my i20 letter that In my first year i will be required to complete a pre requisites course work.
It's also stated on my i20 that am majoring on general Engineering instead of computer Engineering or computer science.

* would this be a problem for me during interview. if so what should I do??

*And how do I explain to the vo about my choice of course. (Although am filling computer Engineering on my ds160)

I also started filling my ds160 and the require that I provide travelling date which am not yet sure of and also am required to provide where I will be staying while am in the US.

@Lagosismyhome
@Bigfrancis
@TheAmerican

And other gurus pls help a brother.

i will appreciate your responds and contributions. thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 9:12pm On May 09, 2018
Niv25:
Hello Nairalanders

Am going for which is under Engineering college in my school. But

My GP didn't meet up to my course requirement and because of this, it was stated on my i20 letter that In my first year i will be required to complete a pre requisites course work.
It's also stated on my i20 that am majoring on general Engineering instead of computer Engineering or computer science.

* would this be a problem for me during interview. if so what should I do??

*And how do I explain to the vo about my choice of course. (Although am filling computer Engineering on my ds160)

I also started filling my ds160 and the require that I provide travelling date which am not yet sure of and also am required to provide where I will be staying while am in the US.

@Lagosismyhome
@Bigfrancis
@TheAmerican

And other gurus pls help a brother.

i will appreciate your responds and contributions. thanks.

@Perquisite- I can remember the same thing happened to me because I applied with HND, My I-20 also had General Engineering while i was going for Civil Engineering, All you had to do is explain to the VO they wrote general Engineering because you have to take perquisite in your first semester before you can start your computer engineering program the second semester.

@Travel Date - Everyone answered the same question when filing DS160, just put a date before the date on your I-20 resumption date.

@Address - Fill in the same school address you have on your I-20.

Hope This helps.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 09, 2018
Good evening. I need help. Mistake was done in passport number when booking for interview. What could be done? Someone help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 9:30pm On May 09, 2018
brave1773:
Good evening. I need help. Mistake was done in passport number when booking for interview. What could be done? Someone help

Load your phone with enough credit and call this number

Telephone: To speak with a call center representative, please contact the call center using any of these numbers:

Callers in Nigeria: +23414406218

Or better still, send an email

Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to us at:

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Or go to this link and login to your account to send message to the embassy
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/submitcase

They should be able to help you out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chiomlucy1: 9:51pm On May 09, 2018
orimahspence:
Hi famz, eshipglobal accept only wire transfer and pay pal for the shipment of form I20, they don't accept debit card, can anyone help with the payment?

I paid with PayPal today,you can download the app and pay with it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 10:04pm On May 09, 2018
aadeyi:

@Perquisite- I can remember the same thing happened to me because I applied with HND, My I-20 also had General Engineering while i was going for Civil Engineering, All you had to do is explain to the VO they wrote general Engineering because you have to take perquisite in your first semester before you can start your computer engineering program the second semester.

@Travel Date - Everyone answered the same question when filing DS160, just put a date before the date on your I-20 resumption date.

@Address - Fill in the same school address you have on your I-20.

Hope This helps.

yea it really did. thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami93(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2018
aadeyi:

Bros there is no point rushing anywhere, you are obviously not prepared yet. Just calm down and settle for 2019. study well, take standardize exam to better you chance and make more inquiry about whatever you don't understand.

My 2cents

I already have my TOEFL result. I did the exam in January this year. I am just glad my doubts have been cleared. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2018
Hello Everybody
Please my intervies is near and i really need to ask this. During the time of application my MUM was not around so i could not get her statement of account. So i used my uncle's account( since they just wanted proof) and on my I-20 its FAMILY FUND thats written there. I have my mums statement of account, and i filled her as my sponsor in my DS160, i just want to ask if there is going to be any issue?

Is it possible that the school uploaded my financial proof to a particular website that the embassy can access. So i'll just go for the interview with my uncle's statement. Or i can go ahead with my MUMs own.. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dopekidd(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2018
Hello. Who here knows about the tsi exam, Texas successive initiative, it's a required online exam to get into schools located in Texas. Anyone here who has written the exam before or have a great knowledge of it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:21pm On May 09, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Hello Everybody
Please my intervies is near and i really need to ask this. During the time of application my MUM was not around so i could not get her statement of account. So i used my uncle's account( since they just wanted proof) and on my I-20 its FAMILY FUND thats written there. I have my mums statement of account, and i filled her as my sponsor in my DS160, i just want to ask if there is going to be any issue?

Is it possible that the school uploaded my financial proof to a particular website that the embassy can access. So i'll just go for the interview with my uncle's statement. Or i can go ahead with my MUMs own.. Thanks.

There is no problem with that. You can as well go with both SOA and explain that both of them will be sponsoring you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:23pm On May 09, 2018
Dopekidd:
Hello. Who here knows about the tsi exam, Texas successive initiative, it's a required online exam to get into schools located in Texas. Anyone here who has written the exam before or have a great knowledge of it?

To the best of my knowledge you can only take that exam in the school. Passing the exam will let your course adviser knows what course you should enroll in for the first semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chiomlucy1: 10:27pm On May 09, 2018
Hello All,

Please will my fiance co-sponsoring with my Mum be acceptable?
He wants to help out with little expenses during my masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:33pm On May 09, 2018
Chiomlucy1:
Hello All,

Please will my finance co-sponsoring with my Mum be acceptable?
He wants to help out with little expenses during my masters.

not sure what you meant but if u meant Fiance, yes he can but there is no point going with his statement of account if your mums SOA can be sufficient.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sekinatmi(f): 11:43pm On May 09, 2018
sobastical:
You don't have to sweat much when it comes to statement of account but just to be on a safer side, just try get it translated and take it along but its rare to see VO's asked for that. Cheers!

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by subset(m): 12:31am On May 10, 2018
Harry4cas:

Congrats bro... First of all, I'm the assistant Secretary of team silent readers. I must confess, your visa transcript was well worth the time ( I actually did read it twice).

We happen to somewhat have same interest, I studied Statistics too. Finished September 2017 from Unilorin and I'm presently serving. I'm very much fascinated to read the line where you mentioned ML. Everything about A.I intrests me. I'd love to also go for my masters in Data Science & Analytics in USA.

Presently, I'm on the the look out for schools with good track record on my intended course of study; it's really tiring to say least because DS is a field with a lot of sub niches, different school with their different area of core concentration. This has contributed to making the whole school search of a thing look very tedious.

Your transcript just motivated me to continue being steadfast in my research and preparing for the greater things that's yet to become of the 'hands that typed this'...

I wish you the very best in your studies... I'm coming very soon to join you guys (hopefully when the time is right)

Data science is a relatively new field, there is a small number of schools offering the programme. Just take your time. However, while you spend time to research for schools, remember that your GRE score will be a major deciding factor to where you end up applying to. So you need to start preparing for that as well.

Also, consider the points Chidinho10 made about the path to follow.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by exxy(m): 2:15am On May 10, 2018
@walsprings Oga mi, how body?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:39am On May 10, 2018
subset:

Data science is a relatively new field, there is a small number of schools offering the programme. Just take your time. However, while you spend time to research for schools, remember that your GRE score will be a major deciding factor to where you end up applying to. So you need to start preparing for that as well.

Also, consider the points Chidinho10 made about the path to follow.

All the best

Spot on bro!!

To add to this, Quant is more important on the GRE for Data Science

The admissions officers are mainly concerned about your undergraduate course work in calculus, probability and statistical inference. That is why people with quantitative backgrounds (Physics, Engineering, Math, Economics and Stats) are preferred. However, if you don't have such a background, it doesn't mean you won't get an admit. Just find a way to show the admissions officers you're good in Quant.

Also, the GRE quant is very very important. I'll advise you devout 70% of your study time on the Quant and 30% on the verbal. If that will make you get to Q>160 that's a good plan. Try to get above 160 in Quant and keep your verbal at 150 minimum.

A Q165 V150 (total of 315) profile is far more competitive than a Q160 V155 (total of 315) profile for Data Science/Analytics /Statistics

Gracias

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mervyn98: 4:40am On May 10, 2018
I attended my Visa interview at Lagos on the 7th of may 2018. I was denied the f1 visa.I think its because I didn't have somethings they wanted. Plus i didn't remember the degree I wanted. I want to reapply and try again on 14th of may. Should I go to abuja or Lagos because I don't know if they will redirect me to Lagos if I go to abuja

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:56am On May 10, 2018
Mervyn98:
I attended my Visa interview at Lagos on the 7th of may 2018. I was denied the f1 visa.I think its because I didn't have somethings they wanted. Plus i didn't remember the degree I wanted. I want to reapply and try again on 14th of may. Should I go to abuja or Lagos because I don't know if they will redirect me to Lagos if I go to abuja

How did the bold happen..... nerves?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mervyn98: 5:15am On May 10, 2018
Nope. I didn't know how it happened but I can remember that at one time,I wasn't looking at her.I was staring at my i-20 in front of me. She then asked me what I was starring at. I said 'nothing. She also asked me what school I'm going to transfer to after my ore nursing. I said that I didn't have anyone in mind. Plus the man she interviewed before me got on her nerves. Should I go to abuja for another interview or should I go back to Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.