Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (924348 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 5:52am On May 10, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house,

I have gotten an admission in one of school in US to study vocational course certification for 6 weeks.
Please do anyone have an idea on what the visa interview would be like as majority of the post here is on F-1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by exxy(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2018
Mervyn98:
Nope. I didn't know how it happened but I can remember that at one time,I wasn't looking at her.I was staring at my i-20 in front of me. She then asked me what I was starring at. I said 'nothing. She also asked me what school I'm going to transfer to after my ore nursing. I said that I didn't have anyone in mind. Plus the man she interviewed before me got on her nerves. Should I go to abuja for another interview or should I go back to Lagos?

what shocked shocked shocked see you've got to know your stuff before going there, else you just go play. The truth is, you never prepared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Burna07: 6:26am On May 10, 2018
Please I'm also having the same issue with eshipglobal. I can't add my mastercard to the PayPal. Can someone help with how I can pay for the eshipglobal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:16am On May 10, 2018
Burna07:
Please I'm also having the same issue with eshipglobal. I can't add my mastercard to the PayPal. Can someone help with how I can pay for the eshipglobal

Get in touch if you are unable to get any help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:18am On May 10, 2018
Nikkydave:
Hello Gurus in the house,

I have gotten an admission in one of school in US to study vocational course certification for 6 weeks.
Please do anyone have an idea on what the visa interview would be like as majority of the post here is on F-1.

What visa were you told by the school? B1/2? it's the same thing. You will answer questions about yourself, the purpose of your travelling.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 8:24am On May 10, 2018
Please gurus help me here.
The statement of account that I submitted to the school bears a different name with the one I intend going to the embassy with. It's actually owned by d same person, just that d first is her maiden name. And I have asked d bank to change it as to tally with my surname.

Please I hope my i-20 won't carry d statement I sent to them and also it won't be a problem at the embassy?

Please I need guidelines
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:26am On May 10, 2018
Gospelozy:
The statement of account that I submitted to the school bears a different name with the one I intend going to the embassy with. It's actually owned by d same person, just that d first is her maiden name. And I have asked d bank to change it as to tally with my surname.

Please I hope my i-20 won't carry d statement I sent to them and also it won't be a problem at the embassy?

Please I need guidelines

Haven't you got your i-20? Does the bold happen in a Nigerian bank? How did you book interview date without your sevis no?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 9:30am On May 10, 2018
Mervyn98:
Nope. I didn't know how it happened but I can remember that at one time,I wasn't looking at her.I was staring at my i-20 in front of me. She then asked me what I was starring at. I said 'nothing. She also asked me what school I'm going to transfer to after my ore nursing. I said that I didn't have anyone in mind. Plus the man she interviewed before me got on her nerves. Should I go to abuja for another interview or should I go back to Lagos?

Dear Aunty or Uncle, I dont think you need to go to any Abuja or Lagos for now. What i think you should do is, stay back at home, think about what you really want and research how to go about it. I understand we are all trying to run away from the shit hole country according to Donald Trump but we need to be smart about it.

How about you just dont rush anything for now and stop wasting money, Just start afresh and ask the right questions.....

My 2cent

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 9:46am On May 10, 2018
folmus:

Haven't you got your i-20? Does the bold happen in a Nigerian bank? How did you book interview date without your sevis no?

The school asked for financial statement, d one my mom sent to me bears her maiden name. I told her to change it but she said d bank said it will be ready on 23rd May. This date will be too late for d application so I sent d maiden name but before my visa interview, I will have d one with my father's name on it (d changed one). And d account is a fixed deposit account. I just hope I won't be in trouble at d embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 9:49am On May 10, 2018
aadeyi:

I am confused here, can you please reframe your sentence?
I told her to instruct her bank to change it to her married name, cos am using her as my sponsor, her maiden name does not tally with mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 10:03am On May 10, 2018
Please I would like to know if I can pay my Visa fee and book appointment date without paying Sevis fee yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:10am On May 10, 2018
kfrosh:
Please I would like to know if I can pay my Visa fee and book appointment date without paying Sevis fee yet.

Yes I still think that is possible, but your visa will not be approved without paying the SEVIS fee. Also i will advise you pay your sevis fee at least 5days before your interview for it to reflect on the embassy's system.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 12:33pm On May 10, 2018
I actually needed to table my case here so as to know where my visa application is getting issues.

I graduated in the year 2015 from a college of technology with Higher nation diploma (Mech. Engr) ,
2016 , I did my NYSC before I finished the program I decide to study in the USA because I had a nice result.

I was not properly informed or I lack good information that I can actually proceed to a master level studies , this make me apply for another bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, quickly I got the admission with my Wes transcript and IELTS score,but my visa was not approved , that way my first visa interview and that was Nov 2016 immediately after my nysc. Then I was 26years of age.

I was so worried that what actually went wrong because I did all the processing myself. I get another money hoping as a genuine student I will get the visa I reapplied the following week but still denied.

January 2017 before the spring class commenced I applied for visa again still denied, all this happened because I lack information. Making 3rd denied on my same undergraduate studies.

So I decided to defer my admission because I don't want to lose it or apply to another school, I got another I 20 for summer class and I applied again for visa , that was may 2017 but still got denied.

Then I consult friend and educationist , I was told am age and my former HND degree which is equivalent to BSC degree might be the major problem of my visa being denied.

2018 now , I got admitted for a master's degree in safety technology and I have a kid with wife also got an engineering job here for about one and half year. The safety program will really help uplift my career profession here in Nigeria so, I applied for visa again on 8th of may but also denied.

Pls kindly spot out where my problem is coming from , could it be that the visa is worries that last year I can with Bsc i20 and this year it MSc I 20.

Pls put me through on how to overcome this issue during my interview, what those the vo really want to hear from me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James1997: 1:07pm On May 10, 2018
please how am i going to get my i-20 form from csu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 1:50pm On May 10, 2018
Gospelozy:

Please I need guidelines

Your i-20 won't carry your statement
What his the duration of the fixed deposit? Once it isn't beyond your resumption date then you will be fine. Just make sure the details of this fixed deposit are within the statement of account.
The bank can't change there order of naming for you. That's not a problem, a simple explanation will settle that if asked.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 3:42pm On May 10, 2018
alayomini:
I actually needed to table my case here so as to know where my visa application is getting issues.

I graduated in the year 2015 from a college of technology with Higher nation diploma (Mech. Engr) ,
2016 , I did my NYSC before I finished the program I decide to study in the USA because I had a nice result.

Pls put me through on how to overcome this issue during my interview, what those the vo really want to hear from me.

Can you share your last 2-3 visa interview transcript? We have seen someone on this thread who got it the 8th time but i dont pray you get to that number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 3:55pm On May 10, 2018
Gospelozy:

Please I need guidelines

This may be completely different from how things are done in Nigeria but this is what I was thinking as a possible solution after reading this:

Just go with an official document that shows the name change. Like marriage certificate, sworn affidavits or any other official documents that prove your mom's the same person. Have it in hand just in case.

Your interview will most likely not lead to being asked for documents. They usually stop at "who's sponsoring this trip/what do they do?", confidently answer that question and don't panic. There's a chance you're just worrying over something simple, but it's good to prepare for the worst case too.

In the event you're asked to present your bank statement, have the official documents ready in case of any follow up questions. Or if you are a worrier, you may feel comfortable to place a copy of one official document that shows the name change on the front page of your bank statement.

your i-20 will carry your mom's maiden name as you said, so if any follow up statements carry your last name, it's better to have a backup document that shows she's the same person. You'll most likely not get to that, but if you do, it's not a big deal.

Seek other opinions/advice, please.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 4:09pm On May 10, 2018
theamerican:

your i-20 will carry your mom's maiden name as you said, so if any follow up statements carry your last name, it's better to have a backup document that shows she's the same person. You'll most likely not get to that, but if you do, it's not a big deal.

To the best of my knowledge, I-20 does not carry any name, it will just show funded by family member or something like that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 4:14pm On May 10, 2018
folmus:

What visa were you told by the school? B1/2? it's the same thing. You will answer questions about yourself, the purpose of your travelling.

Its M-1 Visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 4:21pm On May 10, 2018
theamerican:

This may be completely different from how things are done in Nigeria but this is what I was thinking as a possible solution after reading this:

Just go with an official document that shows the name change. Like marriage certificate, sworn affidavits or any other official documents that prove your mom's the same person. Have it in hand just in case.

Your interview will most likely not lead to being asked for documents. They usually stop at "who's sponsoring this trip/what do they do?", confidently answer that question and don't panic. There's a chance you're just worrying over something simple, but it's good to prepare for the worst case too.

In the event you're asked to present your bank statement, have the official documents ready in case of any follow up questions. Or if you are a worrier, you may feel comfortable to place a copy of one official document that shows the name change on the front page of your bank statement.

Thank you ma'am for breaking it down. I appreciate you loads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 4:24pm On May 10, 2018
afodam247:

What his the duration of the fixed deposit? Once it isn't beyond your resumption date then you will be fine. Just make sure the details of this fixed deposit are within the statement of account.
The bank can't change there order of naming for you. That's not a problem, a simple explanation will settle that if asked.
Thanks a lot Sir. I appreciate you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 4:25pm On May 10, 2018
aadeyi:

To the best of my knowledge, I-20 does not carry any name, it will just show funded by family member or something like that.

Really? It must have changed from how it was during my time. My i-20 definitely had my dad's first, middle and last names and the amount he'd be contributing... as my sponsor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 4:34pm On May 10, 2018
afodam247:

Thanks ma/Sir, I appreciate you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 4:44pm On May 10, 2018
Gospelozy:

Thank you ma'am for breaking it down. I appreciate you loads.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 5:00pm On May 10, 2018
Nikkydave:

Its M-1 Visa.

The questions are mostly the same. Just know the purpose of your travelling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 5:05pm On May 10, 2018
theamerican:

Really? It must have changed from how it was during my time. My i-20 definitely had my dad's first, middle and last names and the amount he'd be contributing... as my sponsor.

Been a while for me too but I think they don't put name on it anymore..... I just saw on your profile you are not far from me sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 5:21pm On May 10, 2018
aadeyi:

Can you share your last 2-3 visa interview transcript? We have seen someone on this thread who got it the 8th time but i dont pray you get to that number.

I really appreciate your concern.

My 4th transcript may 2017.
For undergraduate admission I can't really recollect the questions but I remember question like

Vo- gud am
Me- gud am
Vo- which school
Me- told her.
Vo- wat year did u graduate high school
Me- 2008
Vo- wat av u being do?
Me- work at ...... As *******.
Vo- are u married
Me- No
Vo- any kid.
Me- No as at last year may.
Den u gave me the blue paper.

8th May 2018 .
My transcript for masters in safety science
Vo- gud am
Me- I replied.
Vo- wen did you graduate( straight questions)
Me- I was thinking he ask where did graduate, so i mention my sch , that I had Hnd from Yct. Later her said when when den I replied 2015. Den I pause.
Vo- What did you study and ur qualification.
Me- mechanical engineering and bachelor degree.
Vo- How many schools do I apply to.
Me- 3 and I mentioned but missed the names up here small.
Vo- where do you work andbwen avbu being working?
Me- I work with %%%%%% as mechanical maintenance technician since last year Feb.
Vo- why safety science now.
Me- I needed this course because of my profession , as a technician I need to know more about safety to keep me safe on my job.
Vo- How many kid do you have.
Me- one.
Vo- who is paying
Me- my Daddy is my major sponsor who will pay my tuition and I will support with my savings to settle books and others .also I got $4,000 scholarship
Vo- your scholarship was not state here on ur i20
Me- yea, I got the scholarship after my i20has been sent to me.
She type for some minutes and later give me the blue paper again.

Pls help me oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mervyn98: 5:21pm On May 10, 2018
I have done some research. I think I'm ready to go for my interview again without messing up. Should I reapply at abuja or should I go back to Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 5:42pm On May 10, 2018
Mervyn98:
I have done some research. I think I'm ready to go for my interview again without messing up. Should I reapply at abuja or should I go back to Lagos?

There is no better chances anywhere..... Just prepared accordingly and pray to your God for favour.

My 2cents.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oluezekiel(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2018
aadeyi:

Been a while for me too but I think they don't put name on it anymore..... I just saw on your profile you are not far from me sef
They still put names on it, I will guess it depends on the school issuing the I-20. But most I've seen, the name of the sponsor was clearly spelt out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.