Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914831 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
mcafeez:

Common, why would you still list the community colleges you have used 3 months ago. You were denied because VOs don't believe in community colleges(According to popular comments). No need to mention those community issh again. List the universities that you applied to.. If you are asked how many give u admission, list them. But be ready to have good answer for why you choose the one you are going to.... Guru in the house can still correct my comment.... Just answering you base on experience I have gained here....

Thanks for your response..

I applied to this 4 schools
Uni of Alaska
Murray state university
Morgan state university
Southern Arkansas uni

I hope am good to go with this? (Not red flag)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Gurus in the house....

Uni of Alaska
Murray state university
Morgan state university
Southern Arkansas uni

I hope am good to go with this..? (Not red flag)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
I have an interview next month. Kindly help list out all the documents i need for the interview. To avoid been destabilized on the day by the said "TOUTS AT THE GATE".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Bettertomorrow1:
Gurus in the house....

Uni of Alaska
Murray state university
Morgan state university
Southern Arkansas uni

I hope am good to go with this..? (Not red flag)

They are not Red Flag Schools !! All the best !

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
Is Point Park University a red flag school?
whyqueu:

They are not Red Flag Schools !! All the best !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
StarBoy54:
Is Point Park University a red flag school?

Point Park University is a private institution that was founded in 1875. Park University's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, Tier 2.

I think its okay but why this school ?

You must really convince the VO why you really choose this school out of all the schools in the US . I could also see that majority of Program can also be done online ! But I think you must be prepared for

Why this school !!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
whyqueu:

Park University is a private institution that was founded in 1875. Park University's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, Tier 2.

You must really convince the VO why you really choose this school out of all the schools in the US . I could also see that majority of Program can also be done online ! But I think you must be prepared for

Why this school !!
What about Utah Valley University??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nahum777:
obadiah666? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nahum777:

I think its Okay !! Its a public university in Utah !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ctemi(f): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
godG:

Great. Hang in there. I'm well.

Don’t ve choice than to kp hanging on bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
whyqueu:

Point Park University is a private institution that was founded in 1875. Park University's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, Tier 2.

You must really convince the VO why you really choose this school out of all the schools in the US . I could also see that majority of Program can also be done online ! But I think you must be prepared for ?

Why this school !!

What about Wichita State University shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ctemi(f): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Demonicide:
Which of the schools did you apply to then? Can you hint me on how I can go abt this wes stuff? Thank you.

I applied to Concordia university Wisconsin dat I used to applied@embassy, northeastern university Boston dat denial me admission while in 9ja bt later gve me admission wen I get to d state after whc thy received my evaluated transcript, Lamar university.
For evaluation, go to both skul u did ur ND/HND request for ur transcript whc thy wl send to Wes after Wes receive it thy wl mail ur skul to confirm authenticity of d transcript wen thy receive confirmation frm ur skul thy wl proceed wit d evaluation by sending copies of d evaluated transcript to skuls u apply to and if u need copy thy wl send to u also.

Sorry for replying late, am alwaz busy and wish u success in ur journey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
obadiah666? grin grin
I am not Obadiah. He was a great guy though. I haven't heard from him in years lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
how is everyone doing , i went for my interview on Friday 8 June, below is my transcript. I went with my husband and 2kids .

me :Goodmorning ma'am

vo: Good morning
my husband also greeted including my 1 year old daughter �(that on even waived at her ) she smiled back and waived too
vo: pass me you i20 and passport (I'm sorry pls she begs she types profusely �
me : no problem

me : I did as instructed

vo: where are you going ?

me: pennsylvania state university , university park pennsylvania
vo : oh great

vo: your a practising lawyer right?
me : yes mam

vo: what branch of law
me : General law

vo: what branch of law are you going to specialize in ?
me : oil and gas law

vo: ok, tell me more about it
me : oil and gas law the regulates to the petroleum industry , after achieving this masters degree i intend coming back to nigeria to apply for attorney position in some of the oil companies here , the like of shell , agip, etc.

vo: how do you plan to fund for your studies ?
me: as stated on my i20 , i got a scholarship with $40,000 ,leaving me with 10, 000 only to pay for my tuition which I was asked to transfer $23,700 to the school for my tuition and part of my living expenses, however my spouse here will be paying the remaing ancillary fees .

vo: how did you get the scholarship?
me : I took a test and essays and passed so I was given the scholarship through an online interview with Dean Stephen Barnes (who is the Dean of the faculty of law )and other 3 professors .

vo: ok cool ,( turns to my husband )what do you do ?
hubby : I deal on shipping logistics , haulage and clearing
vo: do you have trucks (she ask smiling )

hubby : yes
vo: how many
hubby :9

vo : employee?
hubby : yes 15
vo : so you all are going to the us?

me ;: sharp sharp NO.( my hubby sharply chipped in that he just wants to ensure our stability , and will no even be as to stay up to two weeks due to his business engagements here in Nigeria.
Vo: do you have a banks statement?

me : yes , brought it out. (it is in my husbands business name, then I attached a letter from the bank that stated that my band is the sole signatory of the account .)

vo: look through, i will be keeping this will like to verify it so I will be putting you on administive processing , are you ok with that?
we: no problems at all .

Hand over a white paper to us and we left.

PS. how long will it take for me to hear from them ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LearnAndObey: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hello, please, is there any Cleveland State University Student or Applicant here?

I got admitted in the school.
BBA

Information System
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stella91:
how is everyone doing , i went for my interview on Friday 8 June, below is my transcript. I went with my husband and 2kids .

my husband also greeted including my 1 year old daughter �(that on even waived at her ) she smiled back and waived too

Once they confirm with your bank, your status will change on your profile. just keep checking your profile. Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
LearnAndObey:
Hello, please, is there any Cleveland State University Student or Applicant here?

I got admitted in the school.
BSC

Information System
Did u get any funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by landuseact: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good day guys, Not sure where else to put this as I tried checking if there was a dedicated thread for F2 visas but couldn't find one. I am currently in the process of trying to get my husband to join me with an F2 visa. We have tried to go over possible questions that he could be asked and while I'm fairly confident with our preparation for most questions I am not 100% on two possible questions.

1. Why he wants to join me in the US
2. What he hopes to do while he is here.

As you can imagine answering these in an unsatisfactory way could easily set the tone for the interview and I would like to avoid that. The truth is I don't have any intentions of leaving the US until the end of my OPT Stem extension and we recently got married and we would very much like to be together in the same physical location. I'm just wondering the best way to convey why we don't want to be apart as we begin our married life.

I know that he definitely can't work on F2 neither can he be enrolled as a full time student unless he applies for a change of status, but if we were to say he was to take online courses while here, is that reason good enough for Question 2?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone that has been in this situation(or knows someone) could share their thoughts and experiences regarding F2 visa interview (preferably for husbands applying). If there is also a thread already for this, I wouldn't mind being directed there.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alvanDgreat: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Please house someone should give me a better clarification.
The duration for the MSc program on my i-20 is written 5 years. please I don't actually understand, I thought MSc program is basically 2yrs.

someone should enlighten me please.

Best Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
alvanDgreat:
Please house someone should give me a better clarification.
The duration for the MSc program on my i-20 is written 5 years. please I don't actually understand, I thought MSc program is basically 2yrs.

someone should enlighten me please.

Best Regards.

That should be a mistake. Contact your school. MSc is mostly 2years. Its only phD that's 4-5yrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
imperiouxx:

Just this point alone disqualifies him. I don't want to know if it's true or not, 10 out of 10, anyone will see that as a fat lie. How could an hospital sponsor someone not for medical seminar, leadership workshop or for skill acquisition program but associate degree. Of what importance is he to the hospital? Probably the hospital is family owned.

At first, you said it was impossible and 100% a flat out lie, but you contradicted yourself by suggesting a possible scenario in the end (saying probably the hospital is family owned) which could be one of many other possible scenarios. Keep your mind open.

I'm not in support of whatever that poster said or against the criticism she's getting from you guys but I frown when people say things like "nobody should/would spend x amount of money to do y". Ahan, is it your money?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Great job you guys are doing, just stumbled on this website, keep up the good work guys. Kudos

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TRUMPMAD: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Still Having this... as any body refused been able to pick date

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stella91:

me : oil and gas law the regulates to the petroleum industry , after achieving this masters degree i intend coming back to nigeria to apply for attorney position in some of the oil companies here , the like of shell , agip, etc.

me: as stated on my i20 , i got a scholarship with $40,000 ,leaving me with 10, 000 only to pay for my tuition which I was asked to transfer $23,700 to the school for my tuition and part of my living expenses, however my spouse here will be paying the remaing ancillary fees .

me : I took a test and essays and passed so I was given the scholarship through an online interview with Dean Stephen Barnes (who is the Dean of the faculty of law )and other 3 professors .

me ;: sharp sharp NO.( my hubby sharply chipped in that he just wants to ensure our stability , and will no even be as to stay up to two weeks due to his business engagements here in Nigeria.

me : yes , brought it out. (it is in my husbands business name, then I attached a letter from the bank that stated that my band is the sole signatory of the account .)

vo: look through, i will be keeping this will like to verify it so I will be putting you on administive processing , are you ok with that?

What and what did they collect from you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
Does it not make more sense if he applies for a B1/B2 visa instead, If the purpose is just to visit, Might be difficult to convince the VO that your husband qualifies for F1.

landuseact:
Good day guys, Not sure where else to put this as I tried checking if there was a dedicated thread for F2 visas but couldn't find one. I am currently in the process of trying to get my husband to join me with an F2 visa. We have tried to go over possible questions that he could be asked and while I'm fairly confident with our preparation for most questions I am not 100% on two possible questions.

1. Why he wants to join me in the US
2. What he hopes to do while he is here.

As you can imagine answering these in an unsatisfactory way could easily set the tone for the interview and I would like to avoid that. The truth is I don't have any intentions of leaving the US until the end of my OPT Stem extension and we recently got married and we would very much like to be together in the same physical location. I'm just wondering the best way to convey why we don't want to be apart as we begin our married life.

I know that he definitely can't work on F2 neither can he be enrolled as a full time student unless he applies for a change of status, but if we were to say he was to take online courses while here, is that reason good enough for Question 2?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone that has been in this situation(or knows someone) could share their thoughts and experiences regarding F2 visa interview (preferably for husbands applying). If there is also a thread already for this, I wouldn't mind being directed there.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stella91:

Congrats ! To your question its shouldn't take upto 4 to 10 business days !

However, you can start checking this starting from Monday

To check if your Passport is still at the Embassy
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp      

To check if your Passport has been Issued or Rejected
 https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Abacino007:

What about Wichita State University shocked

I think its okay !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Please help a friend, He graduated with a Pass at the University of Ife studying Business Management and he wanted to do his Masters in the US, He is hoping to write GRE, although he lives in the State already as a permanent resident. Please what is his chances of getting admitted and what do you think he can do to be admitted to US graduate schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by donanod(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
Tunmise100:
I have an interview next month. Kindly help list out all the documents i need for the interview. To avoid been destabilized on the day by the said "TOUTS AT THE GATE".

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typefandm.asp

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LearnAndObey: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good work going on here, Please help me cross check my transcript, and point out any errors.

I am ready to learn and accept, correct anything you all think should be changed.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: I did sharply
VO: why going to the US
Me: I am going to Cleveland Land State University for my BSC in Information Sysystem
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: My Dad's friend who is an alumni of the school recommended it to me, and as a result of this. I went online to read more on the college ranking, program offered and it's notable alumnus.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
ME: 5
VO: Name them
ME: Cleveland State University, Georgia State University, Washington and Lee University, Appalachian State University, and Duke University
VO: How many admitted you?
ME: Cleveland State University, am still awaiting Georgia State University admission decision.
VO: Why Cleveland State University for a business seeking degree and not top schools.
Me: A degree in Information Systems from Cleveland State University which I will be obtaining from Monte Ahuja College of business Campus is ranked among one of the best business schools in the US which is one of the 5% business schools which has a professional accreditation in the US today, secondly, the program is designed not to only developed my business managerial and financial skills, but to also build me Technically, equipping me with the best way to utilize the modern technology.
VO: so, why Information Systems
ME: Information Systems is a course that is very much in line with my career, considering the varieties of career field this course offers which gives me the opportunity of working in a business and Technical field.
VO: When did you finish High School?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: After my high school, I went for an apprenticeship in Computer and hardware engineering, which was for 12 months with 6 months serving period making 18 months. After this, I proceeded as an apprentice to gain knowledge on MS word, Software installation, Ethernet Connectivity and little of graphics for total of 12 Months.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Professor in Telecommunication Science Department at Bleep University, and also own a Telecommunication Company.
VO: Why is he spending that huge amount on you?
Me: He's my guildian, secondly he's counting on me to come and use my attained skills to elevate his Company's standard.
VO: Can I have his bank Statement.
Me: Of course you can, here is it.
Vo: Glance through it and returned, and said I have approved your Visa.

Guys please help me look into this transcript, don't be scared to abuse or correct anything.
I am not avoiding insult at all.

agosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Chidinho10, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by philipinho: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2018
Just like Adedoja99 and Stella91, I was also at the embassy with my wife on the 8th of June. I think I met Stella91 on the queue asking her if she was related to someone I know (Eneh Jones Odeh). She was even complaining about her son that he doesn't like to sit down

Prior to our turn, I noticed thay the VO had already turned down 3 of those before us.
Anyway, Mine/ours went this way. (not exactly)
However wasn't up to 3mins

VO: Good morning
us: good morning

Vo: are you going together and who is the primary applicant.
Wife: I am

Vo: why are you going to the US?
Wife: to study at UTS, new york.

Vo: who is paying for it
Wife: it's a full phd scholarship (5 years)

Vo: plus stipends?
Wife: yes.

vo: you had already been to uts for your Master's, was that before you got married?
Wife: yes

Vo: any children
Couple : no

Vo: pass me your marriage certificate.

I gave her the 2 certificates... She didn't even look at them

vo: who is sponsoring your husband
Wife: his father

vo didn't ask for bank statement.

Vo: what do you do and what does your father do?
Me: i'm a christian minister and my father too

Vo: your visas have been approved, make sure you hold on to your marriage certificates in case you are asked at the poE.

Couple: thank you (I couldn't believe it was so quick, not even up to 3mins)
Vo: enjoy your trip

Note, none of the things / questions we prepared for were asked apart from the marriage certificates.
Our surnames weren't even the same on our new passports even though we got them after our wedding which we had this year (she hadn't done her change of name)
She didn't even check our old passports
And going to New York wasn't a problem.

I hope this helps. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CISCOBROS(m): 12:49am On Jun 10, 2018
Please house, I have a cousin who applied with UHD (University of Houston-Downtown)for an MBA and given admission but after few weeks he was called back and was told they had to withdraw his admission after reviewing his transcript and found out that the transcript he submitted was a 3-year degree in Applied Information Technology from an Indian University it wasn't a 4 year program. They offered him a one-year transfer program in B.sc (Multi-Interdisciplinary studies)to make up for the his complete B.sc program.

In his Ds-160 form, he's filled in the the Indian degree as the school he attended....

Please advice how does he present his case to the VO during his interview?

Thanks House

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.