Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914826 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ctemi(f): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Demonicide:
Thank you, I am so grateful, God bless.

All to God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Vicktor18: 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
LearnAndObey:
I am here again Sirs and Mas, Please help me cross check my transcript, and point out any errors.

I am ready to learn and accept, correct anything you all think should be changed.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: I did sharply
VO: why going to the US
Me: I am going to Cleveland Land State University for my BSC in Information Sysystem
VO: Why US?
Me: It's a known fact that a degree in the United State is well respected and highly ranked, therefore, I see a foundational degree in the US to be a very good decision.
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: My Dad's friend who is an alumni of the school recommended it to me, and as a result of this. I went online to read more on the school curriculum, Standard, program offered and it's notable alumnus.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
ME: 4
VO: Name them
ME: Cleveland State University, Georgia State University, Washington and Lee University, Appalachian State University.
VO: How many admitted you?
ME: Cleveland State University, am still awaiting Georgia State University admission decision.
VO: Why Cleveland State University for a business seeking degree and not top schools.
Me: Cleveland state University at the Monte Ahuja Campus is well equipped with appliances that would help me not to only gain theorical knowledge, but practical knowledge as well, thereby developing me Managarially, Financially, and Technically, which will prepare me with the best way to utilize the modern technology.
Secondly, the school is enriched with qualified professors who are always ready to render necessary assistance to students. In addition, the school is located downtown of Ohio city, which will give me the opportunity to learn in a very conducive environment.
VO: so, why Information Systems
ME: Considering the varieties of career field information systems offers, this program will develop the computer knowledge which I already had, and prepare me in the business administrational sector, secondly, this degree will help me enhance the Technological Advancement in Nigeria as one one the countries which is lacking behind in the innovation of technology.
VO: Any Standardized Test?
ME: SAT and TOEFL
VO: When did you finish High School?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: After my high school, I went for an apprenticeship in Computer and hardware engineering, which was for 12 months with 6 months serving period making 18 months. After this, I proceeded as an apprentice to gain knowledge on MS word, Software installation, Ethernet Connectivity and little of graphics for total of 12 Months.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Professor in Telecommunication Science Department at Bleep University, and also own a Telecommunication Company.
VO: Why is he spending that huge amount on you?
Me: He's my guildian, who is always interested in my success, and am seen as an investment who will use my attained knowledge to promote his company enthusiastically.
VO: Can I have his bank Statement.
Me: Of course you can, here it is.
Vo: Glance through it and returned, and said I have approved your Visa.

Guys please help me look into this transcript, don't be scared to abuse or correct anything.
I am not avoiding insult at all.

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Chidinho10, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping and other gurus Here.
Undergraduates take the SAT exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
Vicktor18:

Undergraduates take the SAT exam?

Yes na. Its for undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by benedum(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
benedum:
[/quote] guys please help embarassed[quote author=benedum post=68353200]
guys please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by quinzypearl: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I was denied visa last year december, so had to defer my admission to fall this year. While filling my DS-160 form, getting to part that ask "have you being denied visa before " I clicked yes, am now having a little problem with the explain column part.. Please what should I write or what type of explanation is needed from me.... Please guys help me with what to put cause I don't know what to write there so I won't make a mistake....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Raycupid: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
Please Gurus in the house,I have an urgent question, I Redid the school affidavit of support form to show the current fincial ability of my sponsors, But someone is telling me that the school must have sent the initial one to the embassy,I want to know if this would prove a problem....do they even request for it at interviews cos I haven't seen anyone here that was asked for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ije5oma(f): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hello Everyone, I was refused a visa on the 14th of May and I plan on going back soon.please here’s my proposed transcript...kindly help critique n correct.I am open to all types of criticism

I’m counting on you guys..

What has changed about your profile: When I came for interview the last time I had stage fright and was nervous and this made me lose my composure (It’s the same thing on my DS160)

Why are you going to the US; To pursue my Masters in Information Systems at Middle Tennessee State University

Tell me about your study plan- I am goind to MTSU to pursue my masters in information technology. The course will require a completion of 30 credit unit hours consisting of 12credit hrs of required courses, 9 credit hours of compulsory courses and 9credit hours of electives.I will be taking courses like project Management and systems development, machine learning algorithm,Data base design n development, mining and predictive analytics, software design and programming,Machine learning algorithms.Having discussed with Prof. Carol Clarke who is currently doing a research on thethe application of data Minng and predictive analytics for pensions data management, i am excited to be in her team because the knowledge and exposure gathered will he used to tackle the challenges facing the pensions industry in Nigeria

Why us; I am going to the US because US is the center of excellence in IT . Most of the big players in IT are located in the US. US is a place where all the best professionals and students in the globe converges, going to the US will give me a better edge amongst my colleagues when I return back into the country
Or
2. It’s a known fact that US has one of the best educational systems in the world.US has a culture that embraces intellectualism and academic freedom.going to study in the US will equip me with the skill and exposure I need to help contribute to the pensions industry in Nigeria

How many schools did you apply to; three schools

Name them;Mtsu,Ohio state uni and Missouri state.

How many gave you admission; The three schools

How did you know about the school- while going through a journal i was reading a publication of risk simulators and machine learning for pension data management, which was a paper written by Prof. Carol Clarke i developed an interest and that was how i first came across mtsu. i further made use of resources such as US school.com,college board, peterson graduate guide to look up for list of schools offering information technology and MTSU was one of them so i decided to apply

Why MTSU; I chose MTSU because they offer information Technology that is dynamic and flexible which also suits my research interest and professional goal.My research interest is in the application of Big data analytics and Business Intelligence on Pension Data Management. I would be working with Prof. Carol Clarkewho is doing a research on the application of Data mining and predictive analysis on pensions data management.Also MTSU integrates computing,project management and Business in there curriculum making me well rounded in providing software solutions when I return.I also got an $8000 scholarship

Why Information Technology; I have always been a tech savvy person, my strength and motivation lies in field of computing and data management. while working in the Benefit and payment department at ******Pensions i realized that there is due to too much lag time in Pensions payment which is due to poor documentation and inefficient data management and this is leaving Nigerian retirees frustrated and unhappy because of delayed payment. Pursuing a degree in IT will equip me with the knowledge and exposure i need in terms claiming pension loss,detecting fraud using Business intelligence. This is useful for me because I want to build apps, software and provide business solutions that will revolutionize the pensions industry in Nigeria

When did you graduate; 2012
What did you study; Geography

Where did you work; i went for my compulsory youth service. i got a job at ***cinemas as a team member, my job roles are selling of movie tickets, i monitored the screen to ensure that the right movies are showing at the right time and also make sure that he guests are comfortable. i am currently working at *****Pensions as a Benefit and payment analyst my roles are i receive, process and monitor payment request sent to the National Pensions Commission For Approval, i am involved in data management and regularly update efile of all payment request to prevent loss of pension claims,I update and authorize change of personal information . I use adope analytics and excel to prepare weekly reports

Why the switch-I have always been a tech savvy person. while working for ****pension as a benefit and payment analyst i realised that we have the lag time in pension payment processing and the major problems are due to poor documentation and poor data management in Nigeria. this program will equip me with the knowledge that i can apply to help me solve the challenges we are facing in the pensions Industry

What will this degree do for you; the program will equip me with the technical knowledge and expertise to solve the problems related to lag time in pension data payment which is due to poor data management and monitoring. i also want to take up a lecturing job at the university of Lagos as an Information Technologist while working as a data management consultant for the National Pensions Commission

Who is sponsoring you;My father, i got an $8000 scholarship. I also have some money saved up

Please help my life..I don’t want to fail again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=babisho post=68345685][/quote]

wow good to know, it was your white paper that made me believe I should be hopeful that day.
congrats and wishing you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
Fatty16:
Hello, my admission got terminated this week in university of Lagos after first semester because I was an underage student, I was studying law. I am interested in studying law in schools offering scholarship at the US. please can some recommend up to 10 schools.
Thanks.
OAU would not do this. They should not have admitted you ab initio let alone allowing you waste a whole semester. Sorry about this. Try Berea college If they have your course of choice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
Raycupid:
Please Gurus in the house,I have an urgent question, I Redid the school affidavit of support form to show the current fincial ability of my sponsors, But someone is telling me that the school must have sent the initial one to the embassy,I want to know if this would prove a problem....do they even request for it at interviews cos I haven't seen anyone here that was asked for it.
Schools don't send such documents to the embassy. However, you can still go along with it to the embassy to show as proof of eligible sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by drdamy(m): 12:58am On Jun 11, 2018
Please can you give a list of university that accepts applications for MS computer science without GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by landuseact: 2:11am On Jun 11, 2018
blackmamba147:
Does it not make more sense if he applies for a B1/B2 visa instead, If the purpose is just to visit, Might be difficult to convince the VO that your husband qualifies for F1.

I'm guessing you probably meant F2 in your second sentence? The purpose is not to just visit for a short period which is why we are going that route since I am here on F1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 4:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Ije5oma:
Hello Everyone, I was refused a visa on the 14th of May and I plan on going back soon.please here’s my proposed transcript...kindly help critique n correct.I am open to all types of criticism

What has changed about your profile: When I came for interview the last time I had stage fright and was nervous and this made me lose my composure (It’s the same thing on my DS160)

Why are you going to the US; To pursue my Masters in Information Systems at Middle Tennessee State University

Tell me about your study plan- I am goind to MTSU to pursue my masters in information technology. The course will require a completion of 30 credit unit hours consisting of 12credit hrs of required courses, 9 credit hours of compulsory courses and 9credit hours of electives.I will be taking courses like project Management and systems development, machine learning algorithm,Data base design n development, mining and predictive analytics, software design and programming,Machine learning algorithms.Having discussed with Prof. Carol Clarke who is currently doing a research on thethe application of data Minng and predictive analytics for pensions data management, i am excited to be in her team because the knowledge and exposure gathered will he used to tackle the challenges facing the pensions industry in Nigeria

Why us; I am going to the US because US is the center of excellence in IT . Most of the big players in IT are located in the US. US is a place where all the best professionals and students in the globe converges, going to the US will give me a better edge amongst my colleagues when I return back into the country
Or
2. It’s a known fact that US has one of the best educational systems in the world.US has a culture that embraces intellectualism and academic freedom.going to study in the US will equip me with the skill and exposure I need to help contribute to the pensions industry in Nigeria

How did you know about the school- while going through a journal i was reading a publication of risk simulators and machine learning for pension data management, which was a paper written by Prof. Carol Clarke i developed an interest and that was how i first came across mtsu. i further made use of resources such as US school.com,college board, peterson graduate guide to look up for list of schools offering information technology and MTSU was one of them so i decided to apply

Why MTSU; I chose MTSU because they offer information Technology that is dynamic and flexible which also suits my research interest and professional goal.My research interest is in the application of Big data analytics and Business Intelligence on Pension Data Management. I would be working with Prof. Carol Clarkewho is doing a research on the application of Data mining and predictive analysis on pensions data management.Also MTSU integrates computing,project management and Business in there curriculum making me well rounded in providing software solutions when I return.I also got an $8000 scholarship

Why Information Technology; I have always been a tech savvy person, my strength and motivation lies in field of computing and data management. while working in the Benefit and payment department at ******Pensions i realized that there is due to too much lag time in Pensions payment which is due to poor documentation and inefficient data management and this is leaving Nigerian retirees frustrated and unhappy because of delayed payment. Pursuing a degree in IT will equip me with the knowledge and exposure i need in terms claiming pension loss,detecting fraud using Business intelligence. This is useful for me because I want to build apps, software and provide business solutions that will revolutionize the pensions industry in Nigeria

Where did you work; i went for my compulsory youth service. i got a job at ***cinemas as a team member, my job roles are selling of movie tickets, i monitored the screen to ensure that the right movies are showing at the right time and also make sure that he guests are comfortable. i am currently working at *****Pensions as a Benefit and payment analyst my roles are i receive, process and monitor payment request sent to the National Pensions Commission For Approval, i am involved in data management and regularly update efile of all payment request to prevent loss of pension claims,I update and authorize change of personal information . I use adope analytics and excel to prepare weekly reports

Why the switch-I have always been a tech savvy person. while working for ****pension as a benefit and payment analyst i realised that we have the lag time in pension payment processing and the major problems are due to poor documentation and poor data management in Nigeria. this program will equip me with the knowledge that i can apply to help me solve the challenges we are facing in the pensions Industry

What will this degree do for you; the program will equip me with the technical knowledge and expertise to solve the problems related to lag time in pension data payment which is due to poor data management and monitoring. i also want to take up a lecturing job at the university of Lagos as an Information Technologist while working as a data management consultant for the National Pensions Commission

Who is sponsoring you;My father, i got an $8000 scholarship. I also have some money saved up

Quite good. Forget about NYSC or working in a Cinema. Talk about your current job and make Sure to emphasize it's tie to your research interests like you stated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 4:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Goldmia:
PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT
V.O:WHAT HAS CHANGED SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE HERE?
ME:I have my Gre result and I felt i was nervous and not confident the last time I was here but I am now confident and prepared for the task ahead.

V.O: HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SCHOOL?
ME:I ist heard it during an education fair I attended here in Lagos sometime early last year and then after that I narrowed my research to the school and found out that their course curriculum is in in line with my career goals.

V.O:HOW MANY SCHOOLS DID YOU APPLY TO?
ME:3

V.O:NAME THEM
ME: Gannon University, University of Buffalo, New york and Pennsylvania State University

V.O:DID ALL 3 GIVE YOU ADMISSION?
ME: While I was waiting for admission, Gannon gave me admission so I had to follow it up because it still has the same qualities as that of the other schools I applied to.

V.O:WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES THAT YOU THINK THE TRIO HAVE IN COMMON?
MEsadSAME REASON AS WHY I CHOSE GANNON)IS WHAT I SAID GOOD ENOUGH…..AM OPEN FOR CHANGE.
V.O:WHY DID YOU CHOOSE GANNON?
ME:I chose Gannon because they have a very open blended programme with their staff profiling which is amazing.I have also read through the profile of some staff like Dr Laura Ruthland, DR Matthew Darling and these are great scholars that have explored this field and I hope to be mentored not just academically but also character wise.
Furthermore , Once every week, students get to have an intimate 2 hours roundtable discussion where they present and critique their work under the guidance of their course instructor with lots of seminars, workshops and training organized for the academic growth of the students.
V.O:WHY PENNSYLVANIA ?COZ I CAN SEE YOU LIKE PENNSYLVANIA A LOT COZ TWO OF THE SCHOOLS YOU CHOSE ARE FROM THERE
V.O: Still researching on this….help me out if you have any idea
V.O:WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
ME:I chose this course because of its blended way or approach in providing further advanced skills in creative writing .I hope to further achieve more advanced skills and knowledge in Language informatics, language phonetics and phonology Semantics, syntax, research writing, methods and materials used in teaching English as a 2nd language, literary criticism, sociolinguistics, poetry e.t.c. and try and incorporate it into the already existing educational curriculum inorder to improve the educational system not just in my state but also in my country as well.
V.O:WHAT WOULD THIS COURSE DO FOR YOU ON YOUR RETURN TO NIGERIA?
ME:This course will create a splendid avenue of self development for me upon my return.
It will enable me function more in my advisory and supervisory role as an education supervisor back here in my country especially with regards to the field of English and Literature both at the primary and post-primary level.
With the advanced knowledge ,I will be able to carefully compare and contrast the difference b/w the course curriculum of that of Nigeria and U.S and try my possible best to bridge the margin b/w the two countries because the education system of the U.S is best compared to none in the world.
It is also going to further hone my growth as a writer.
V.O:WHY DO YOU WANT TO STUDY IN THE U.S?
ME: Studying in the U.S will give me a wide array of opportunities to advance my basic knowledge in English language and International Literature which includes American Literature and the best way to study the lit of a particular society is by living and interacting with them since Literature is defined as the study of man and his society.
To have an advanced English language skills and valuable intercultural experience.
I will be getting an opportunity to study, learn and explore from a diverse environment the guiding principles of English Language and Literature.
V.O: SO WHAT IS YOUR STUDY PLAN?
ME: I will be doing a 2yrs program which requires 30 credit units where I will be having 3 courses per semester which is equal to 9 credit units per semester.The 3 courses I will be offering this semester are;
i.introduction to graduate studies by DR Matthyew Darling
ii. Socio linguistics by Dr Jennie Vaghu
iii.Victorian Lit by my program coordinator Dr Lura Ruthland.
And lots of other courses which are………………………………………………………….(I will further name some courses here too)

V.O:WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING SINCE YOU GRADUATED?
ME:I graduated in the year 2014 after which I went for my compulsory one youth service programme after which I did a voluntary job with Hanovia before I now finally got a permanent job with Anambra State government on 18th April,2016.
V.O:WHO IS YOUR SPONSOR?
ME:My uncle
V.O:WHY IS HE SPONSORING YOU?
ME: Well, he is actually paying back because my mom trained him in school.
V.O:WHERE DOES HE WORK?
ME:He works as an incotest lead engineer with Chevron Nigeria.
V.O:WHAT WAS YOUR GRE SCORE?
ME:282
V.O:WHAT IS YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION?
ME:I work as an educational supervisor with the office of the head of service.I am also part of the team responsible for curriculum development in the state.We create the curriculum alongside our federal counterparts after which it is evenly distributed down to the state level for schools to abide by. It is my job to organize training, seminars and workshops for teachers to learn more skills and techniques on how to teach.
V.O:WHAT ARE YOUR CAREER GOALS?
ME:I hope to be one of the decision and policy makers when it comes to education and curriculum development in Nigeria. I hope to change the face of education in NIGERIA such that Nigerian Students will not see the need of traveling to study abroad because they have all the needed resources at their beck and call.
I also want to be a resourced person in my field and the best way to achieve this is by getting advanced certificate and skills abroad.
V.O:YOU HAVE BEEN ISSUED A VISA.COLLECT IT AT…….BE WITH YOUR I-20 COS YOU WILL NEED IT AT THE PORT OF ENTRY.
ME:EXCITED...
PLEASE CAREFULLY CRITICIZE AND CORRECT ME AS MY INTERVIEW IS JULY 2ND ,2018.@Lagosismyhome@Time2smile
Why did you choose Gannon over PennState? . That might be difficult to explain. You need to think about the reason why you selected and applied to Gannon out of all the colleges in the US.
Also, I think you are in the best position to explain why you chosed two schools in Pennsylvania.
You said Literature is defined as the study of man and his society, how does studying literature in the US helps in the Nigerian society.?You might want to leave that part out of your reply. The other points above and below it are stronger.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 4:40am On Jun 11, 2018
drdamy:
Please can you give a list of university that accepts applications for MS computer science without GRE
You're not a serious student. So you expect someone to give you a list. Don't you have access to Google
I don't know why people run away from the GRE. Don't you know that it makes things easier for you?

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dodos26: 5:23am On Jun 11, 2018
Ije5oma:

Or

Do you have an appointment date yet? If yes, how did you go about it?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 6:37am On Jun 11, 2018
For someone that didn't write any standardized exam what is the best response to give the VO... Pls help..

#lagosismyhome, oludare01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ije5oma(f): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Thank you @Timetosmile

I will not talk about nysc and cinema but it’s in my DS160 already....Won’t there be a problem if don’t mention it?

Quite good. Forget about NYSC or working in a Cinema. Talk about your current job and make Sure to emphasize it's tie to your research interests like you stated. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2018
drdamy:

Check out University of Michigan-Dearbon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 7:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Pls guys I applied to just one sch(University of Michigan-Dearborn) would it be okay to say so during my interview? Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arilewo(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2018
Please I need your advice house, I am going to GTR Columbus MS, I am supposed to fly in to either ORD Chicago or ATL Atlanta, then take a connecting flight Delta Air to GTR. The cost is huge so I am reasoning entering through JFK New York using Egypt Air (Arrival time 15:15) while Delta Air is meant to leave for GTR @ 16:10. I only have the option of waiting till the next day for the flight to GTR. Will the CPB official not raise an eyebrow? Do I have to book hotel ahead even though I am not planning to use it as I will be putting up with a close pal till the next day (though I didn't fill in my DS-160 to know anybody in the US). Please I need answers to my questions. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Chidinho10:

During my interview, the guy infront of me had a similar situation but with his mum. The VO asked him "Your mum can easily file for you to come to the US, why are you going through the F1 visa route?" Prepare for that question as well

Thanks brother. I'm armed for that question Sir. #chopknuckle

I'm still at sea on my previous questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2018
arilewo:
Please I need your advice house, I am going to GTR Columbus MS, I am supposed to fly in to either ORD Chicago or ATL Atlanta, then take a connecting flight Delta Air to GTR. The cost is huge so I am reasoning entering through JFK New York using Egypt Air (Arrival time 15:15) while Delta Air is meant to leave for GTR @ 16:10. I only have the option of waiting till the next day for the flight to GTR. Will the CPB official not raise an eyebrow? Do I have to book hotel ahead even though I am not planning to use it as I will be putting up with a close pal till the next day (though I didn't fill in my DS-160 to know anybody in the US). Please I need answers to my questions. Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:51am On Jun 11, 2018
arilewo:

As long as you have your connecting flight booked and take a printout incase asked then you should be fine ....i don't think you need to book a hotel if you have a connecting flight as you can even be staying in the airport all night. No law against it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tella26: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2018
please guys what is the reliable source to register for toefl. is it through their official website ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2018
Raycupid:

OGA PLEASE IGNORE IF ANYBOBY TELLS YOU THAT SCHOOLS DOESN'T SEND SUCH DOCUMENT TO EMBASSY.
AS A MATTER OF FACT TELL THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT OFFICE OFFICIAL TO UPDATE YOUR DOCUMENT IF YOU RESUBMIT YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND MAKE SURE YOU GET A CONFIRMATION ON THE UPDATE,
That's why you see some transcripts here where the visa officer don't ask for SOA is because DHS/USCIS has provided Documentations through the CCD report from the Institution to the consular officer for the particular applicant well signed and scanned or mail e.g SOA,Affidavit,Financial Institution Recommendation for Sponsors,EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION FOR SPONSORS,and DOF.
They don't need to request for it at the interview, soft copy is enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 9:11am On Jun 11, 2018
Good morning house. Please how can I reset my password on the embassy site. I tried doing the forget password recovery mode on the site. Yet no new password has been sent to my email. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2018
Yea my bad, I meant F2, How far gone are you on your F1? Did you sponsor your F1? or someone else did. he should be ready to explain why he wants to leave his job(guessing he has one) and join you for the rest of your F1 plus Opt period. Then you or him should show enough finance available to support for the duration of his stay. In recent times F2 dependants have been allowed to study part time in SEVP certified institutions, as long as the study does not amount to what regulations define as full time for an F-1 student. So yes he can take online courses while he is there. So taking a course inline with his present profile won't hurt.
If you can convince the VO on the above, plus show your marriage certificate, he should be good to go.
my opinion though

landuseact:

I'm guessing you probably meant F2 in your second sentence? The purpose is not to just visit for a short period which is why we are going that route since I am here on F1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 11, 2018
Haryormeesey:
This is my propose transcript.
Guys please tell me where I need to improve

WHY ARE YOU GOING TO THE U.S ?
I am going to the U.S to pursue a bachelors degree in supply chain management at southern Arkansas university magnolia.

WHEN DID YOU FINISH HIGH SCHOOL

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING
After my high school in 2011, I did a one year program in computer studies and after that I went for my national diploma and in 2015 I did a one year industrial attachment at xxxxx company where I was luckily retained.

SO WHY ARE YOU JUST GOING FOR YOUR BACHELORS DEGREE
I discussed with my boss 3years ago about my career plans which I considered to be 3-4-4. That is 3years with them, then proceed for 4years bachelors degree, then come back for another 4years before going for my Masters degree.

TELL ME YOUR STUDY PLAN
I will be taking 120 hours of credit course over the period of 48month which some of the courses I will be taking includes: leadership ethics, human resources management, entrepreneurship, supply chain management, total quality management and so on.

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SCHOOL
Southern Arkansas university is a public institution located in magnolia, Arkansas. Situated less than 20miles north of the Louisiana state line. It was founded in 1909 and it utilizes a semester based academic calendar. It as a 17:1 student to instructor ratio.

HOW MANY SCHOOL DID YOU APPLY TO
4. Penn state uni, Michigan state uni, uni of Houston Victoria and southern Arkansas uni.

HOW MANY ADMIT
2. SAU and University of Houston Victoria.

SO WHY SAU
I chosed this school because it has a corporative and experiental educational program which integrates classroom experience into real life world connecting me with the experts in my field of study and also it has a structured curriculum which aligns with my career aspiration with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and concepted skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession

WHAT WILL THIS COURSE DO FOR YOU
It will better equip me with the requisite technical expertise coupled with the experience and expertise that would prepare me for a leadership role at my place of work when am back to Nigeria. Also a degree in supply chain management is in high demand. A lot of companies here outsource this skill because it's professional expertise and skill supply is still very low. I intend to learn this skill using global best practise that can be modelled for use here.

HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOOL
Even though SAU was recommended to me by my boss. I did an extensive research online for schools offering supply chain management. I narrowed down my s

HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS COURSE
My current line manager told me how taking a course in supply chain management was very instrumental to his career growth and I also aspire to become a supply chain manger in the nearest future.

WHO IS SPONSORING
My Aunty

Please sirs/ma kindly help me proofread this transcript

Cc lagosismyhome
theamerican
Femi312
Sorelee
Chidinho10
Folmus
imperiouxx
Bigfrancis

Cc lagosismyhome
theamerican
Femi312
Sorelee
Chidinho10
Folmus
imperiouxx
Bigfrancis

You guys should please help comment in this.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 10:44am On Jun 11, 2018
thirdpage:

Like many people have said here, I believe its always better to apply to more than 1 school (asides for Visa purpose). You diversify some risk away when you apply to more than 1 school.

I applied to 8 schools (A3, R4, W1). You've got to invest time to research on them. I only paid application fee for 2 of them, others only cost me time and data.

And yes, I also did the WES evaluation, but I ended up not using it.
please the name of the school you applied to that didn't request for the WES evaluation, thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Senatorbee(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2018
Pls has anyone used the service of ETX-NG in sending official transcript to the United State
and how fast and effective is their transcript processing.
Am actually contemplating on using their service, I graduated from Ekiti State University or if there is anyone who graduated from EKSU should pls hint me the best and fastest way to obtain my transcript and forward to the state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.