Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916143 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phyze: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
June 28was the recent date for lagos embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
Phyze:
June 28was the recent date for lagos embassy.

Online ??!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Danielaz5:
Corrections on my INTENDED transcript will be appreciated please.

Me: Good morning
Vo: Morning passport and i-20 pls

Vo: WHAT SCHOOL?
Me: Howard University
Lincoln University
Wheeling Jesuit College
Alcorn State University
Alabama State University
Bethany College
Notre Dame College
University of Southern Mississippi

VO

You seem to like HBCU as I spy about 3 on this list ... did howard give you any funding , I would have picked howard before alcorn in terms of post job opportunities as howard if u leave ranking aside.it has a strong post recruitment program.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nrosemary: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Guys I have an issue, went for my passport pickup today and d visa was issued on it but instead of f1 I was given b1/b2 visa class but on der system it shows f1 . I put a call tru to the consulate and dry asked me to return my passport tru the DHL. I hope I don't have to go thru any serious ish again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
LagosismyHome:

You seem to like HBCU as I spy about 3 on this list ... did howard give you any funding , I would have picked howard before alcorn in terms of post job opportunities as howard if u leave ranking aside.it has a strong post recruitment program.

Yes Your point is valid Howard awarded a $10k award instead of full ride because of the theft issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phyze: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yes, you can check it now!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nrosemary:
Guys I have an issue, went for my passport pickup today and d visa was issued on it but instead of f1 I was given b1/b2 visa class but on der system it shows f1 . I put a call tru to the consulate and dry asked me to return my passport tru the DHL. I hope I don't have to go thru any serious ish again

Do as instructed, nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
Winifred2015:
Please how much does it cost to send documents to the United States, trying to send my documents to my the school am applying to. Thanks

Nobody can give you exact cost since you didn't say whether you want to use courier or Nipost. Take your documents to any courier company and they give you price. However, it's cheaper with NIPOST (use registered mail so that you can track your docs)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
Danielaz5:

Yes Your point is valid Howard awarded a $10k award instead of full ride because of the theft issue.

grin grin grin so the letter said because of the theft issue or you are just been "world people"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nrosemary:

this error is on their side not yours ........ i doubt if there would be any issue , instead the embassy would want to quickly resolve
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
please and please do not use Nipost. i sent a document using nipost register mail to the USA and its been more than 4 weeks now and its still hasnt delivered uptil this very moment, if at all you would use the Nigeria postal service use EMS, although its expensive but at least its takes 5-7 days maximum to deliver and cost around 17k or so you can also use dhl or ups more faster but cost around 19.5k ( takes 3-5 days to deliver)

folmus:

Nobody can give you exact cost since you didn't say whether you want to use courier or Nipost. Take your documents to any courier company and they give you price. However, it's cheaper with NIPOST (use registered mail so that you can track your docs)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
LagosismyHome:

grin grin grin so the letter said because of the theft issue or you are just been "world people"

grin It was on the school's website and CNN grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
hen hen so they can be making this kind error na wa oo grin grin grin.... its their fault not yours, infact they need to apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused you. you need not to panic abeg

Nrosemary:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
LagosismyHome:

And besides they already said 1330 up was capstone scholarship around $30k so I did 1+1
Scholarship ready + (- Stolen Funds ) = Reduced scholarship grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please CRITICIZE

Danielaz5:
Corrections on my INTENDED transcript will be appreciated please.

Me: Good morning
Vo: Morning passport and i-20 pls

Vo: Why are you going to the us?
Me: I am going to the us for my bachelors degree in Biology at Alcorn State University

Vo: why biology?
Me: Biology has been a subject I've been fond of and inquisitive on due to the fact it forms it's foundation on the study of life and how to maintain life and effects of evolution. It gives me leverage about my choice of career and degree acquired will allow me to diversify to fields like biotechnology even bio-engineering.

Vo: Why US when you could just get your degree here in Nigeria?
Me: : The US has the finest and the most advanced education system in the world, where cutting-edge theory and technologies emerge. Learning in such a system will afford me the opportunity to set up myself for a bright career in the future, especially when I return to my country to make impact.

Vo: Why Alcorn State University?
Me: I have chosen ASC (plan to say in full) because the structure of the institution perfectly fit my interest, in fact they offer the complete prerequisites for my course of interest with a small and diverse population that propels exposure and global experience. Finally, they offered me merit scholarship award based on my SAT score which is very motivating.

Vo: how did you hear about the school?
Me: I used the college board college search engine ,usnews.com also approached some counselors at Education USA for schools I could be accepted based on my GPA.

V.O : Are you an education USA member ?
Me : No

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 8 schools

Vo: WHAT SCHOOL?
Me: Howard University
Lincoln University
Wheeling Jesuit College
Alcorn State University
Alabama State University
Bethany College
Notre Dame College
University of Southern Mississippi

VO: What does the school have in common
Me: They offer each student a diverse student pool with international and domestic students combining together to study,promote ideas and cooperate in theoretical and practical field. Offered good scholarships based on merit.

Vo: how Many admissions?
Me: 8 admissions

Vo: DID YOU WRITE ANY TEST?
Me: yes TOEFL score (93) and SAT (1370)

Vo: When did you finish from high school
Me: 2016

Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I obtained my Cambridge A level certificate 2017 where I took Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as my subjects and I also enrolled at management education and training limited for my standardized test immediately after

Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: The school offered me a Presidential Scholarship with a semester stipend leaving my Mother with $3000 to pay which she's capable of paying

Vo: what does she do?
Me: She's an exporter, owns several real estate across nigeria and owns a hostel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Victorjoel(m): 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hello fam, is there anyone coming to Michigan; Detroit and it's environs precisely and in need of accommodation? Hmu let's talk. I'm currently here and is looking for a roommate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ODAVI(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
HELLO HOUSE, PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT. I have tried all my naira card is not going.
Please advised, i have the naira value. 40 dollar.
Please people
jamoyakz:
boys ain't smiling. everybody na sharpman no slacking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dabol007: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good day house,
I am Alex Okus, sometimes ago I was given USA visa but before I could make use of it after one year of issuance, I was called back to the embassy and it was cancelled.
Now I have paid another fee to apply as advised as the first one was cancelled.
My question is what can I apply for as I don't want to use invitation from friends again. can I use hotel that I am going on holiday?
Quick response will be appreciated
Thanks
A.A
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ODAVI(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
I dont get, am i not saying for free oooooooooooo. I prefer someone staying in lagos so i can be able to be close for him to do the various application payments
ODAVI:
HELLO HOUSE, PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT. I have tried all my naira card is not going.
Please people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by scoreall: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
Plz where can I get d immunization vaccines for Varicella and MMR at a cheaper price in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tosland4u(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hello guys, nice job in here and I pray God Almighty bless our hustle.
Please guyz I need assistance as regards reapplication. I was denied 1st of June and am trying to reapply. Already I had scheduled another date but I want to ask about CHANCES in my application. The only change I can make is my date of arrival. So if am asked what changes have I make in my application, how do I answer such question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
ODAVI:
Please people

What school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ceejay55ceejay(m): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good evening all. Please how much is the current amount for visa fee at GT bank?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by laracreamz(f): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
please is there anyone who knows anything about university of Colorado, Colorado Springs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
ceejay55ceejay:
Good evening all. Please how much is the current amount for visa fee at GT bank?

#57,600
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ceejay55ceejay(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ubah1:

#57,600
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
dan5loriel:
please and please do not use Nipost. i sent a document using nipost register mail to the USA and its been more than 4 weeks now and its still hasnt delivered uptil this very moment, if at all you would use the Nigeria postal service use EMS, although its expensive but at least its takes 5-7 days maximum to deliver and cost around 17k or so you can also use dhl or ups more faster but cost around 19.5k ( takes 3-5 days to deliver)

Bros, if I am to use DHL to send transcripts to 3 different schools at the same time, will DHL charge 19.5k each on the three transcripts or the 19.5k covers the 3 transcripts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dannie007(m): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Macaulay10:
Bros, if I am to use DHL to send transcripts to 3 different schools at the same time, will DHL charge 19.5k each on the three transcripts or the 19.5k covers the 3 transcripts

Use Nipost go to arrival Hall ask for post office there. Use regular mail but if you can afford registered mail do it. 5-7 days to deliever.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by laracreamz(f): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
laracreamz:
please is there anyone who knows anything about university of Colorado, Colorado Springs?

Please guys, I'm about applying and I read some terrible reviews about the school so I'd like to know facts concerning the school from the people here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by twittycutey(f): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please, does anyone know about Alliant international university,san diego . hope it's not a red flag school. Interview is coming up soon, pls help a sister.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by twittycutey(f): 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
jolowizzy11:
hello guys..... I finished my high school in 2011 and got admitted to unilag that same year but I was advised to withdraw(which I did) due to my low cgpa in year 3 ...so I had to study hard after the withdrawal saga ,I enrolled in a professional course(software engineering) @ Niit Ikeja .to cut the long story short.....if the VO ask me what I have been doin since I left highschool , should I tell him/her the truth about the withdrawal saga?

please guys I need your thoughts on this.....May God bless us all
Good evening, got to know that you are going to Alliant university. Please can I send u a pm. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.