Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914258 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kylexy61(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
femi312:
You should have sourced for funds or something. Getting admision is easy with a good grade but getting admision with funding is the hard part. Many crazy students are coming from India, China with profile like yours or even better, so funding competition gets crazier each year. Let me ask you, what aspect of Civil are you looking at? Environmental and Geotechnical aspect seem to have more funding than structures. So if you intend to specialize in Structures, try apply to 1 or 2 phd programs. Additionally check Washington state University, I know application closed 2 days ago but who knows, with your profile you might just make it if you complete your application in 1week. My phylisophy in life is to do my own part as well as possible so I dont regret later that what if I try harder bla bla

Alright, thank you. I'll check the Washington State. I'm looking at the Geotechnical aspect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kylexy61(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ollatoye: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hi everyone, hv been a silent reader here fr sometimes nw and hv seen hw great it will be getting help frm this forum, pls I need help as I jex finished serves (Nysc) nd need to further for Msc, my brother in new Jersey tld me to apply to an institution close to him dat he can help me out, I visited the site nd discovered dey offer similar course of studies I had as Bsc and I will be needing both GRE,gmat. My question is can I get a waver if he( my brother) process all from there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
ollatoye:
Hi everyone, hv been a silent reader here fr sometimes nw and hv seen hw great it will be getting help frm this forum, pls I need help as I jex finished serves (Nysc) nd need to further for Msc, my brother in new Jersey tld me to apply to an institution close to him dat he can help me out, I visited the site nd discovered dey offer similar course of studies I had as Bsc and I will be needing both GRE,gmat. My question is can I get a waver if he( my brother) process all from there?
1) Please learn how to type well, all these shorthand wont help you on the long run 2) You cant need both GRE and GMAT, it's either GRE or GMAT. 3) Getting a waiver wont be to your own interest even if that is possible. A good example is the ViSA transcript up there, he/she almost got the Visa until the discussion got to GRE.4) Take your life serious and do everything yourself, its very easy at the same time daunting, read this thread from page 1 and you should have more insight after reading

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kindaguy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
Pls i need help here....
kindaguy:
Hello Family....

I got a 3.0 gpa from high school and 1250 SAT... Pls can i get any form of scholarship or funding with it...

Also
I graduated in 2015, but am using an SSCE result of 2017 due to a deficiency in one subject... Would it be an issue to my intended school or the VO during interview.....

Pls I appreciate any reply.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ruddiggerr: 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good day house. Pls I am new here and i want to apply to a school in the U.S. I am looking at info tech or business info systems. Which school will be better for these courses and a little bit less expensive. Plus Which is more better, using through an agent or sending the application yourself?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
ruddiggerr:
Good day house. Pls I am new here and i want to apply to a school in the U.S. I am looking at info tech or business info systems. Which school will be better for these courses and a little bit less expensive. Plus Which is more better, using through an agent or sending the application yourself?

please run as fast as you can.. from agent....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
I have gone to the wes website and my CGPA of 4.57 on a 5.0 scale amounted to 3.73 on a 4.0 scale
femi312:
tactmayor go to the link above and click start now. Check the link below for 2017 Civil school ranking, start perusing there websites from 1 to 70. You should find one or two school if you are lucky https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpUW5tbEZhRHJmR1U/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
tactmayor:
I have gone to the wes website and my CGPA of 4.57 on a 5.0 scale amounted to 3.73 on a 4.0 scale
If you did it right, then that is it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
tactmayor:

You will likely be within that range. Nothing less than 3.65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
Just wondering if there is anyone from this thread in SUNY, Buffalo or other schools in buffalo so we can connect. Male or female? I just moved here and would be here for at least 2 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
imperiouxx:
Just wondering if there is anyone from this thread in SUNY, Buffalo or other schools in buffalo so we can connect. Male or female? I just moved here and would be here for at least 2 years.

Do you stay close to university of Albany suny?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ollatoye: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good evening everyone,
Please I need assistant on step by step on how to process MSC program in the US and preferably which institution i can apply for business info system. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bro your GRE is poor. You will need to rewrite it. You will also need to send your transcript to WES for evaluation and you with have to apply through SOPHAS.

platypelloid:
Hello house
Pls kindly help assess this.

Degree MBBS Nigeria(medicine and surgery)

CGPA Not applicable but average scores

IELTS Acad. W 7 S 7.5 L 6. R 5

GRE Q 143, V 139. A 2.5 one week preparation

2 YRS WORK experience in health

8yrs work experience in NGO

PLEASE Advice house should I apply for masters,MPH OR PGDIP

IF YES,please suggest universities with admission prospect considering the above profile.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sexygenius321: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
4th Dec 2017- Visa Denied
5th Jan 2018- Visa approved

I have been a silent follower of this thread while preparing for my US F-1 Visa Interview.
First Interview
My interview took place in Lagos. I got posted to the dark lady at window 2 or 3.
VO- Why did you choose this school?
Me- A colleague at work recommended the school to me and also I have been speaking with a lecturer at the school and he promised to assist me in my area of research.
VO-I said why did you chose this sch?
Me- I repeated the same thing
VO- Whats your Area of Research
Me- I told her
vo- What are the Major issues faced in The IT world today
me- Cyber security ( I spoke a great length of how it affects us in my present company)
vo- Who is paying?
me- my dad
vo- what does he do?
me- He is a busines...... he is a building contractor and Estate developer
vo- did you write any exam
me- gre
vo- can i see it
me- I passed it over to her. she looks at it and types for a long time {my gre score is low though}
Vo- Have you travelled before?
VO- yes, i see you have, she scans through my passport
vo- Is this your only passport
me- yes it is
Gives me blue form.
Vo- I am sorry you are not eligible for a F-1 visa
I was sad. Mind you, I have a valid visiting USA b1/b2 visa and I have been to the US twice

I fixed another date for 5th of jan. I did not bother opening nairaland this time
Vo was a dark big lady
VO-How many schools did you apply for?
me- 3, I named them
Vo- why this sch?
me- I said same thing as last time
Vo- who will pay?
me- my dad
Vo- What does he do
me- He is a building contractor and an estate developer, he also sells alluminium
Vo-what was your gre score
me- i told her
Vo- have you travelled before?
me-yes
vo- where?
me- i told her
Visa approved......
I was happy

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
bushlance:

You need to send your transcript to ECE or WEs for evaluation. Those are the agencies used by Morgan. And it should be sent before admission is offered
pm me for more info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
whandeykoal:
Plz house, anybody in Morgan State University or that has any genuine info about the transcript process... Should it be sent to the school of grad studies via wes b4 or after admission?

pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fwesh101:

Do you stay close to university of Albany suny?

No. Near suny, Buffalo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
bushlance:
So I had my second interview yesterday. I had already posted the first during which I wasn't confident enough to present my case.
So this is the 2nd:
V.O : Good morning
Me: Good morning ma'am (with a smile )
V.O: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going for my masters in Prjt Mangmt at Morgan state University Baltimore.
V.O : Why are you switching from Geology?
Me: Project Management will give me a right platform to grow in my career. I have taken on many project management projects in my organisation even gotten an award as a best project management team member on a Chevron Project but because I don't a degree in Project Management, Jobs are not assigned to me.
Also my organisation has stated in my study leave that on my return with this dregree from Morgan I will be qualified to apply for a promotion.
Project Management will not limit me to my Organisation as I intend to move to other industries on my return to Nigeria, gather experince and set up my own project management firm here in Nigeria.

Visa issues aside, you can go for a PMP course instead and learn most of the things needed in a workplace as a project manager..and in fact meet the project management requirements of most jobs. I would drill down in something Geology-related and that is industry-friendly and then write PMP exams or go for an MBA, if I were you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
kylexy61:
Hello guys I'm a newbie here. I found this thread about 3 days ago. I'm currently still reading the earlier threads so I can get answers to some general questions. I must say you guys are doing soo well, everyone on this site has helped people from the university application stage to visa approvals. God richly bless everyone here.

I am a Fall 2018 aspirant with 3.92 GPA (out of 4) and GRE of 319 (163 Quant, 156 verbal and 4.5 analytical). I've applied to four US schs for Masters and I'm still waiting for their responses.

I hope by God's grace I'll get admission with full funding and get my visa approved. Once again, kuddos to you guys.

You should have at least 2 top schools in your application pool. Make sure to get great letters of recommendation!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Nice one. Away from the city smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
makaba10:

Can I send you a PM?

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
biikeys:

Nice one. Away from the city smiley

Nice. We plan meeting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BigBoss8296: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
Please anyone in Tennessee Technological University, I need some clarifications as regards funding in Engineering for First Year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
kylexy61:
Hello guys I'm a newbie here. I found this thread about 3 days ago. I'm currently still reading the earlier threads so I can get answers to some general questions. I must say you guys are doing soo well, everyone on this site has helped people from the university application stage to visa approvals. God richly bless everyone here.

I am a Fall 2018 aspirant with 3.92 GPA (out of 4) and GRE of 319 (163 Quant, 156 verbal and 4.5 analytical). I've applied to four US schs for Masters and I'm still waiting for their responses.

I hope by God's grace I'll get admission with full funding and get my visa approved. Once again, kuddos to you guys.

Hello you have a nice GRE, can I possibly get GRE materials from you? Please here is my mail Makinde.mayor@gmail.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
ollatoye:
Good evening everyone,
Please I need assistant on step by step on how to process MSC program in the US and preferably which institution i can apply for business info system. Thanks

What you need is a brain, not “assistant”.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kenneth4000: 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fwesh101:

Hello you have a nice GRE, can I possibly get GRE materials from you? Please here is my mail Makinde.mayor@gmail.com thanks
I need ur material too ejicent4luv@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
TWoods:

What you need is a brain, not “assistant”.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
ollatoye:
Good evening everyone,
If you had taken time to read this thread you would have found some of the posts very helpful but a typical lazy person will rather prefer to be fed fish than learn how to fish. Anyways you will find the post below useful. You can take your time to also read this thread from page one, trust me it helps. Some of us read this thread like story book then, learn how to use google and research well before you start asking people for information. If you have any other question as you read the thread and the links below, you can come back and ask.
First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.
For every Engineering graduate school prospect coming here to ask for school suggestions, who does not have access to US news ranking, this spreadsheet might save you some stress. It has all the 2017 ranking of Engineering schools. It wont take you more than a week to start sending emails, perusing each school website to see which one of them you have chances of getting into and which one meets your goals and aspirations.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpUW5tbEZhRHJmR1U/view?usp=sharing

And I cant reply every pms again please, the busy season is here , below you will find a good SOP you can use as guide and ebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpZ2Y3bnk2Vlh4ekM0dy13VERhWDNpY2FGLVRV/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpQ0VGeFVSd0l1eUJyMUJvQ0V3cW1oeDhmZ3J3/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 12:10am On Jan 12, 2018
Fwesh101:

Could it be his score is a result of natural smarts, hard work and dedication? Of what use would his gre materials be to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by babbs45: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2018
kylexy61:

Alright, thank you. I'll check the Washington State. I'm looking at the Geotechnical aspect

Hi kylexy61, try and send me PM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.