Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Should I Quit Blogging? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Should I Quit Blogging? (6280 Views)

Don't Quit Blogging Because You Ain't Earning. Try This / Why Many People Quit Blogging / I Want To Quit Blogging, Any Advice For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2017
pdpisGONE:
forget traffics
learn seo
post daily and by next year
you will surprised
we have millions of blog out there, never joke with quality traffic because it has more advantage over SEO. Do you realize that you could get traffic offline?
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by holuwajobar(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2017
Vibesking:
I lauched my blog 8 months ago and I was quite aware it wasn't going to be easy coupling my day job with writing articles.

I try to maintain some level of consistency by at least posting once/twice a week. But my efforts seems to be falling to the group.

The traffic is pathetic! It shatters my heart and eats up any form of motivation when ever I look at it. I get an average of 20 views per day. I've applied and tried basically all I know but the growth appears static.

How long did it take before you started getting good traffic to your blog?

I blog about computers and honestly, I doubt if am going to renew my hosting package.

Any thoughts?
you can't even write d name of your blog.... Mr man, you r on fp fr God sake.... This is your chance to advertise your blog
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2017
Ikeji wannabes
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by sportfeva(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2017
1. You have to find a marketable niche within that computer subject. That seems broad in this competitve time.

Simply research your subject and go deeper. And it will be better if it's a subject you have growing passion for and personal experience.

Surely, blogging is art of sharing personal feeling and experience with a subject but in a more professional way this time around.

2. Try to increase your posting frequency to 2 or even 3 per week. It doesn’t matter if your content is not long with 700 words, as far it is quality and solve your readers problem. If your content is great, people will spread it and engage with it.

2. Once you discover a marketable niche, keep thinking about it every day make it a lifestyle, immerse your life into it, you will be generating vast ideas to blog about and always watch for data from your visitors.

3. I hope it helps you not to give up if truly you want to help our world better.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin yea if you're in it for the money

I haven't blogged in months cos I knew it was just a hobby, neither have I vlogged but I still renewed my domain when it expired because I know to be popular in the blogosphere takes a lot of time and dedication, your own na just 8 months smh brother calm down when ur time reach you go de buy extra package to contain traffic
i miss those ur fabricated stories lol
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by 360command: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2017
Vibesking:
I lauched my blog 8 months ago and I was quite aware it wasn't going to be easy coupling my day job with writing articles.

I try to maintain some level of consistency by at least posting once/twice a week. But my efforts seems to be falling to the group.

The traffic is pathetic! It shatters my heart and eats up any form of motivation when ever I look at it. I get an average of 20 views per day. I've applied and tried basically all I know but the growth appears static.

I blog about computers and honestly, I doubt if am going to renew my hosting package.

Any thoughts?
what niche are you into let me guide you..
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by sainttobs(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2017
There are 2 basic rules to success #1 NEVER QUIT #DONT FORGET RULE NO 1
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2017
I understand your feelings but 8 months is enough time to get things done if you have taken your blog to a certain level.....I open my blog as at may 24, 2016 and by June 2016 I was already hitting 4 to 5000 daily page views....I used different tactics but above all I was writing consistently....posting on my Facebook and Twitter pages....also check the pluggins you install as well as sign up for google search console...maybe your site is not indexed or crawl by google bots....maybe thats why you have a low traffic. ....ask from expereince bloggers to assist you...8 months yoh are still battling with one site with low TRAFFIC, that means you will hail me that has t blogs doing well on google search....check them all..?www.valentine202.com, www.efficiencyview. com, www.classicnewsngr.com and www.nekishinfo.com

chat me on whatsapp....I may assist you...08033559733

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2017
see how other bloggers get traffic from Nairaland
your signature is empty and wasting
assuming you told us your blog url we should have visited it thereby giving you enough clicks

I blogged for six months without earning a dime but now wink

all Glory to God

it's your approach to blogging that will determine the result to you
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by 2sexycom(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2017
DesChyko:
It's not the same thing but this may encourage you

Had a Man Utd facebook group created in December 2016. It had about 180k+ members and kept rising until it was hacked in October. I sort of created a new one and later got discouraged because of the lack of members but decided to resume again this December.

I knew it was the quality of contents fuelled by passion that grew members in the group, not the group just existing. Even though the members are still not over 20, the growth pattern is familiar. That was how it was when I started last time. It was consistency that brought that group far.

So, remain steadfast. You will get there. Which blog are you even telling us about? Perhaps we'll give you some views, not so?
So how do you plan to make money from the group?
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by donblade85555(m): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
niqqaclaimz:
Go for a better niche
Blogging about computer will take your a hell of time.
How many wants to read about dat...
You can go into fitness, nutrition or health niche..
You will get tons of traffic
Check out my syt
http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/

Its all about his passion, do u expect him to be blogging wat e knows nothing about?
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by ibietela2(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin yea if you're in it for the money

I haven't blogged in months cos I knew it was just a hobby, neither have I vlogged but I still renewed my domain when it expired because I know to be popular in the blogosphere takes a lot of time and dedication, your own na just 8 months smh brother calm down when ur time reach you go de buy extra package to contain traffic

Your YouTube channel url is not correct
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by jetroolowole(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2017
I just launch the 2018 Income Tutors Bootcamp. Blogging is one of the five income sources we are featuring. Before you quit, Join now at https://www./IncomeTutorsBootcamp/?ref=group_header
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by akeentech(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2017
Only if you can emulate me? Check me out https://akeentech.com
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Craigbrown4076: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2017
opeyemiieblog:
pls explain more.... I want to know about this ranking ogmf keywords.... how can i go about it

Lol.. .well i am a learner myself, all you need is to do is search for a particular keyword within your niche and use a keyword planner tool to get longe tail keywords that you could rank for ( by ranking i mean going for keywords that have comparatively low monthly searches) and a relatively high CPC ( let's say $1.00 to $3.00). Although ranking may take some time, you have to be patient and make sure you write good posts. That's why i left the entertainment niche... it's over saturated and its CPC is very low. Watch various YouTube videos for tutorials.

I hope I was able to help.

Cc webincomeplus please come and enlighten us.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2017
Craigbrown4076:

Lol.. .well i am a learner myself, all you need is to do is search for a particular keyword within your niche and use a keyword planner tool to get longe tail keywords that you could rank for ( by ranking i mean going for keywords that have comparatively low monthly searches) and a relatively high CPC ( let's say $1.00 to $3.00). Although ranking may take some time, you have to be patient and make sure you write good posts. That's why i left the entertainment niche... it's over saturated and its CPC is very low. Watch various YouTube videos for tutorials.

ohhh tanks bro I understand a little... I will do more research
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by wickyyolo: 8:51am On Dec 13, 2017
2 posts a week. This one is still a joker.

5posts a week and you will see traffic improve. You don't put less and expect more.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by dadadang(f): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2017
Don't stop blogging if you truly have a passion for it, I started blogging about 8 months ago too and my first post i had about 80 views, I was impressed and decided to keep it moving but at a point the views reduced drastically to about 20-30 views, i got really discouraged and i stopped for a while but when i started again and I've decided not to stop anymore.. the last post i had about 108 views which i guess is really encouraging. So please do not stop if you truly love doing it.

Vibesking:

Any thoughts?
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Naijaaccountwiz: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2017
Vibesking:

Any thoughts?
The most important thing is to have passion for what you are doing and be consistent, and dedicated, also try promoting your blog using every available social media handle.
I was once like you but I never thought of giving up.
Here is my blog www.naijaaccountwiz.com I have a Facebook page with over 200 followers and counting. So be steadfast
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by DanWrites(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2017
20 views daily after 8 months?

Are you sure your SEO is good?

www.dnbstories.com started with 400 views daily and went to 2K after 5 months with little promotion.

Now I average 5 - 7K views each day and I haven't done any form of promotion in the last 2 years.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by DanWrites(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2017
20 views daily after 8 months?

Are you sure your SEO is good?

www.dnbstories.com started with 400 views daily and went to 2K after 5 months with little promotion.

Now I average 5 - 7K views each day and I haven't done any form of promotion in the last 2 years.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by NigerianScholar: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Vibesking:

Any thoughts?

Yes, you should quit?

I am not being wicked. I am saying so cos i have been there. You are well past your prime
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by lucarella: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2017
If only you can stick to the essence of blogging in the first place. The guys at Google aren't dumb and they want you to blog - about the things you love. There's no success or failure in it. Just go back to the basics, post content that inspires you and watch how Google becomes interested in your blog.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by lucarella: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Craigbrown4076:

Ranking doesn't work like that no more. Heard of Google Penguin? Google now uses a dynamic and fluid algorithm for ranking what a user sees on his/her search results. Two users searching for the exact same keyword can get two different Google results. Keyword optimization should be natural and fresh and your page can be negated due to over-optimization. Synonyms are ranked now alongside keywords.

Again, Google loves fresh content. Research on content that hasn't been posted before. Post fresh content, provide links when necessary and be Google's friend. It's that easy. You have to be as natural as possible. I don't advise always looking at traffic. Traffic measurement should be in relation to time.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 13, 2017
If it is your passion, keep working at it.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by jokolo282(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2017
message, me i can take your blog to another level. i will help you with writing and other news stuff. but you would pay me for the job well-done
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Ojobojo1(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2017
In simple terms, learn and apply SEO!
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2017
We make many mistakes in Nigeria .... Entrepreneurship is about passion first not money. read through people's stories, there in lie their secrets. Facebook was initially about an online alumni where ex students can connect with each other, not money. Ali baba once said, they tapped into e commerce because they wanted to get goods easily and saw the future. What future do you see, what passion, what problem do you want to solve without getting paid for the first 3 years. Quit the blog until you can blog for passion!

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
Let me start by saying that i know how you feel. However, even though i know that by now you might have known that ARTICLE is king, do know that SEO is lord.

When i started http://verge24.com , i also nearly gave up until i discovered what i know now.

Apart from posting good articles, you need to fully optimise it. that way, search engines will keep sending you thousands of readers a day. thousands, pending on how many relevant optimised posts you've got.

Best Of Luck My Friend.
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vibesking:
I lauched my blog 8 months ago and I was quite aware it wasn't going to be easy coupling my day job with writing articles...

Any thoughts?

WHY did you start the blog?

You see, building any successful enterprise will require TIME.

When you have a WHY strong enough, you'll make out the needed time to invest in your blog.

Also, give yourself a break. Everyone's learning curve is different: there is no rigid timetable that by X you're supposed to be at this level

It still comes back to WHY are you doing this. Knowing why will inspire you to do the necessary homework and make the necessary adjustments to grow

Cheers!
Re: Should I Quit Blogging? by Talk2Bella(f): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
yeyerolling:
i miss those ur fabricated stories lol

lol, fabricated? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware: Guest Posting Is Usurping Your Revenue / Does Youtube Monetize Nigerian Accounts? / Free: Generate Gsm Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.