Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please (1158 Views)

I Am Thinking Of Proposing To My Ex’ Sister / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by going2marryU: 7:16am On Dec 13, 2017
I’m planning on proposing to my girlfriend but I want to do it the traditional way. I met her during the singles tour of Costa Rica with A Foreign Affair. We got along well during the socials and exchanged messages from my time there until now. While I was in Costa Rica, we got to hang out with each other, making me admire her more. Before I left, we both decided to make things official between us.

We've been together for over a year and half now. I could say that she's a really good wife material. She's caring and sweet. She's also concerned for my welfare which makes me feel special every time she asks how I am. Also, we share the same views on life which makes me confident that we will easily get along when we get married. Our compatibility can easily be seen in our conversations.

It's not everyday that I get to find someone like her. I don't want to lose her anymore so I'm planning on proposing to her soon. What I want to know is if there are any Costa Rican traditions that I need to follow before I pop the question.

She is the best thing that has happened to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to prove to her that I'm willing to follow traditions if that's what it takes for her to marry me. I need suggestions and advice on what to do. Please help!
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2017
Do it like they used to do it in the movies..
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Enoma222(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2017
going2marryU:
I’m planning on proposing to my girlfriend but I want to do it the traditional way. I met her during the singles tour of Costa Rica with A Foreign Affair. We got along well during the socials and exchanged messages from my time there until now. While I was in Costa Rica, we got to hang out with each other, making me admire her more. Before I left, we both decided to make things official between us.

We've been together for over a year and half now. I could say that she's a really good wife material. She's caring and sweet. She's also concerned for my welfare which makes me feel special every time she asks how I am. Also, we share the same views on life which makes me confident that we will easily get along when we get married. Our compatibility can easily be seen in our conversations.

It's not everyday that I get to find someone like her. I don't want to lose her anymore so I'm planning on proposing to her soon. What I want to know is if there are any Costa Rican traditions that I need to follow before I pop the question.

She is the best thing that has happened to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to prove to her that I'm willing to follow traditions if that's what it takes for her to marry me. I need suggestions and advice on what to do. Please help!
_do_it_on_her_birthday just pay her a_surprise visit
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2017
Go to Costa Rica embassy and ask bro

Or use google

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:
Go to Costa Rica embassy and ask bro

Or use google

Costa Rica embassy? LWKMD!
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by LordsBattleAxe(m): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2017
Google never die na... angry
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Costa Rica embassy? LWKMD!

Yes na, wetin concern me with Costa Rica culture
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

Yes na, wetin concern me with Costa Rica culture
The matter tire me. OP, google is your friend.
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2017
We never know our own culture finish, you expects us to go dey learn Costa rican culture as per say u wan propose?
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 13, 2017
Pictures of you and your girlfriend or..... you know the rest.
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

The matter tire me.
OP, google is your friend.

You look beautiful though kiss

Don't mind me, I like stating the obvious lol
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Sheun001(m): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
Rolex67:
Pictures of you and your girlfriend or..... you know the rest.

You just spoke my mind grin

Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

You look beautiful though kiss

Don't mind me, I like stating the obvious lol

Lol... thank you
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Lol... thank you

We fit do like banky versus Adesua lol.. tongue
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

We fit do like banky versus Adesua lol.. tongue

Lol.. But I'm not as light as Adesua. Don't worry I will bleach then I would become an actress. You sef will become a producer. Then we will feature in a movie together. You will be the groom and I, the bride. We will now announce our engagement in spectacular fashion and have a lavish wedding.
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Lol.. But I'm not as light as Adesua. Don't worry I will bleach then I would become an actress. You sef will become a producer. Then we will feature in a movie together. You will be the groom and I, the bride. We will now announce our engagement in spectacular fashion and have a lavish wedding.

Lol delay is dangerous nau I need you like this, instead of being an actress you become my bae then I will be your boo. Instead of being in a movie together we should rather be in relationship together of cause I'm the bobo you the babe. We will announce our friendship in romance section then have spectacular outing lol....
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

Lol delay is dangerous nau I need you like this, instead of being an actress you become my bae then I will be your boo. Instead of being in a movie together we should rather be in relationship together of cause I'm the bobo you the babe. We will announce our friendship in romance section then have spectacular outing lol....

Lol...No na... We have to compete with Banky and Adesua so we need to be very popular. Our monikers would be ticket to front page if we have patience.
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Lol...No na... We have to compete with Banky and Adesua so we need to be very popular. Our monikers would be ticket to front page if we have patience.

Many thing is bringing us close though tongue

I'm also a DIE hard united fans lol..... You fit DM your WhatsApp number babe wink
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Put the ring up your butt and give her a map and tell her to dig for treasure undecided
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

Many thing is bringing us close though tongue

I'm also a DIE hard united fans lol..... You fit DM your WhatsApp number babe wink

Really? GGMU! I'm partial to United fans.. Oya I'm not doing shakara again. I will be your Adesua and you will be my Banky. Lol

P.S: We are derailing OP's thread
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Really? GGMU! I'm partial to United fans.. Oya I'm not doing shakara again. I will be your Adesua and you will be my Banky. Lol

I'm dancing already
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
Dimples129:
Put the ring up your butt and give her a map and tell her to dig for treasure undecided

Savage you are, chill you have not
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

I'm dancing already
Lol.. let's stop derailing... Nice talking to you
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Savage you are, chill you have not

I feel bad now because I read the op after my comment grin
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by annie74(f): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
Dimples129:

I feel bad now because I read the op after my comment grin

Modify, apologise to the OP and contribute if you know anything about the traditional way of proposing in Costa Rica
Re: Traditional Way Of Proposing To My Costa Rican Girlfriend. Advice Please by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
annie74:

Modify, apologise to the OP and contribute if you know anything about the traditional way of proposing in Costa Rica

Put the ring up your bum and.... it's a costa tradition grin

(1) (Reply)

A Married Is Giving Me Green Light....how Do I Handle Her. / Always Gettung Erection For No Reason, Please Help. / Had gxg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.