Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,907 members, 7,838,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu (689 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! / Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2010
FG drops charges against Ribadu

, Maybe named Adviser to Jonathan

advertisement

Nuhu Ribadu
The Federal Government has withdrawn all Charges levelled against the Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu following indication that he might be named an Adviser to Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Code of Conduct Bureau had in a charge alleged that Ribadu failed to declare his asset as a public officer while in office as EFCC Chairman asserting that he thereby violated the provision of the Code of Conduct Bureau Act in respect of asset declaration.

The application to withdraw was made pursuant to the inherent powers of the Federal Government to stop proceedings against anyone under trial for any offence. The Code of Conduct Tribunal will sit later to drop all the charges .

The tribunal had issued a warrant of arrest for the former EFCC boss, for failing to appear before it to clarify issues relating to his asset declaration before assuming office as EFCC chairman.

http://pointblanknews.com/os3135.html
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 01, 2010
[size=18pt]RIBADU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

I hope he has learnt something though from his previous experience. This fight against corruption this time should be focused on strategic issues as opposed to locking people up. I supported Ribadu all the way but the fact that his records could be so mis-represented just within a shortwhile of leaving office calls for reflection.

I think his next chapter should be more focused on establishing information gathering institutions and record bureaus. Standardizing Government procurement processes so that they are traceable and any ministry that refuse to adhere to them will have some explanation to do.

Create a sustainable enviroment that supports co-operate fight against corruption not one that depends only on the magnificient valor of one man. The Fight against corruption will have to evolve at the pace of the society. An Anti-Corruption war too fast for the corrupt Nigerian system may fail again just like his previous wonderful attempt.

Let us focus more on whether we are making relative progress in terms of infrastructural development instead of how many people we can lock up as a result of the fight against corruption.

He was a great officer and I love him anytime anyday.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu by Alxmyr(m): 2:40am On Apr 01, 2010
This proof that his trial is persecution and prosecution. I hope he will be able to sue FG for damages.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu by 006(m): 2:45am On Apr 01, 2010
Good, welcome back to EFCC.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Ribadu by ladi02(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
I believe he is going to INEC!

(1) (Reply)

American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu / 2011: Clarke, Anenih Mobilise For Jonathan / North: Don’t Blame Arewa Consultative Forum For Leadership Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.