Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again (885 Views)

Nairalanders How Is My NO MAKE-UP Profile Photo? / Me And My Ex Plan To Come Back, But Really Scared Of That / What Is Something You Pretend To Understand, But Really Don't? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
So, I work to be a responsible adult, get my ish together and find a girl who I dig that also digs me. We say we want to take care of each other for the rest of our lives. Her father believe me just as I also believe the man. Now we tell the man we want to get married and they say they want bride price and other things. For what exactly? Why do I have to pay to carry the woman. She be ram? Fine girl, are you a ram?

Mind you I am a man in my 30s o. Be careful how you talk to me, ladies
You may just piss off a prospective suitor.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Airforce1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Get her pregnant and act like you don't care

Na her papa go beg you come carry her for 20k
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Airforce1:

Correct one, brother. I have always respected your opinions on this forum.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by MrOmosmiles(m): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Airforce1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
MrOmosmiles:

Hope you would give him the same advice if the girl in question is your sister or relative?
I only gave a suggestion, please don't bring my sis into these
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by MhizzAJ(f): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
kukuma marry her free of charge nah
Dunno what's wrong with men nowadays
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
MhizzAJ:
kukuma marry her free of charge nah
Dunno what's wrong with men nowadays
Of course, that is what I want to do. I want to carry her away for free. It happens a lot outside this country. Why not here?
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
WORLDPEACE:
So, I work to be a responsible adult, get my ish together and find a girl who I dig that also digs me. We say we want to take care of each other for the rest of our lives. Her father believe me just as I also believe the man. Now we tell the man we want to get married and they say they want bride price and other things. For what exactly? Why do I have to pay to carry the woman. She be ram? Fine girl, are you a ram?

Mind you I am a man in my 30s o. Be careful how you talk to me, ladies
You may just piss of a prospective suitor.
I agree this brideprice thing should be optional and not by force.There is nothing anybody can tell me to make me support brideprice,to me you are buying the lady and no amount of money can truly buy a human being.And some families no longer accept brideprice because they know culture evolves and it is not static.Truth be told this issue of brideprice is not applicable to the 21st century,the time when it was paid was when women were seen as second class citizens and also as properties.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by MhizzAJ(f): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Of course, that is what I want to do. I want to carry her away for free. It happens a lot outside this country. Why not here?
It's a very important part of the marriage ceremony
It's just a way of thanking the brides family for taking care of her....i think it's also a form of commitment
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I agree this brideprice thing should be optional and not by force.There is nothing anybody can tell me to make me support brideprice,to me you are buying the lady and no amount of money can truly buy a human being.And some families no longer accept brideprice because they know culture evolves and it is not static.Truth be told this issue of brideprice is not applicable to the 21st century,the time when it was paid was when women were seen as second class citizens and also as properties.

Exactlygrin that my Barrgrin

This is a strong reason men should come over to you then I observe them well well for ugrin
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Exactlygrin that my Barrgrin

This is a strong reason men should come over to you then I observe them well well for ugrin
Abeg nor make me laugh.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Abeg nor make me laugh.
Hian na wa for u ooo,can't I observe them well In peace againgrin
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Waffarianman(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Airforce1:

Badguy 4gt it afta u gv her belle 1naira no go drop dem go say ma u carry waka provided u fit feed her
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Hian na wa for u ooo,can't I observe them well In peace againgrin
No No No.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
No No No.

Why?grin
Atleast u be my friend na,make I still dey observe as part of my care to whoever are friends to me..gringrin
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Exactly, that's the point. When a practice has become a problem, it should be abolished. Our women are not properties for sale.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Why?grin
Atleast u be my friend na,make I still dey observe as part of my care to whoever are friends to me..gringrin
okay fine,anything you like ooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Exactly, that's the point. When a practice has become a problem, it should be abolished. Our women are not properties for sale.
God bless you and may God give you the woman you deserve.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:

Eh eh na now u come,atleast make dem still pass some process from my side before the get to the promise landgrin
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:

Come oo sha na after festive u dey return back to school?
I dey wonder if na inside school u reside or off-camp?
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
MhizzAJ:

It's a very important part of the marriage ceremony
It's just a way of thanking the brides family for taking care of her....i think it's also a form of commitment
There is no commitment that is bigger than the legally binding contract that me and her are going to sign. All those other things are just obstacles to the wonderful life we want to share.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Eh eh na now u come,atleast make dem still pass some process from my side before the get to the promise landgrin
Okay sir,I would just be referring them to you for proper screening.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Come oo sha na after festive u dey return back to school?
I dey wonder if na inside school u reside or off-camp?
Tell uniben to screen us first and reduce our school fees we nor understand uniben for now.After all these then i can give you a perfect answer.I would let you know as of now i know nothing.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Okay sir,I would just be referring them to you for proper screening.

Confirm babe na u begringrin

Come oo better stop calling me all this sir and oga ooo or I may start calling. you madam ooo,can't u be romantic for once sefgringrin abi na most say we go first go into something before u go dey call me sweet sweet namesgrin
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Tell uniben to screen us first and reduce our school fees we nor understand uniben for now.After all these then i can give you a perfect answer.I would let you know as of now i know nothing.

This is serious!
No wahala I go deliver the message wey u send megrin
Afterall na u type am not me,so it a message grin

Ok oo but wait oo,I be think say u don start to dey go school b4 oo,na make me ask if na inside school u dey stay or offcamp
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

Confirm babe na u begringrin

Come oo better stop calling me all this sir and oga ooo or I may start calling. you madam ooo,can't u be romantic for once sefgringrin abi na most say we go first go into something before u go dey call me sweet sweet namesgrin
Yes we must go into something first.About "oga" and "sir"I am really used to those words I will have a hard time before I can disassociate from it.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martin0:

This is serious!
No wahala I go deliver the message wey u send megrin
Afterall na u type am not me,so it a message grin

Ok oo but wait oo,I be think say u don start to dey go school b4 oo,na make me ask if na inside school u dey stay or offcamp
No.
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes we must go into something first.About "oga" and "sir"I am really used to those words I will have a hard time before I can disassociate from it.

Kikikikikikik see sence,so u dey sence the Em Em abigrin

Come oo u go need to stop am with constant actiongrin
We u cry one or twice u will stope it,u know say na iron hand dey fit una na
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
No.
Ok oo
Re: But, Really, Bride Price No Make Sense Again by Martin0(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
No.
Ok oo

(1) (Reply)

SEX BETWEEN ME AND MY NEW GIRLFRIEND / A Faceless Forum? / Guys!!! Forget Sex Dolls.... MensCabal.com Is Going Live (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.