Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) (84201 Views)

Rebecca Sharibu: Buhari Called Me 7 Months After Leah's Abduction / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' / #LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Mccullum: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2017
benuejosh:
The laws of the Land MUST be kept. Cover a hijab and be called to bar at your own law school. Kudos to law school for keeping up the standards.

Even in Scotland they allowed their police women to use hijab while metropolitan in London also permit Muslim's women to use hijab and hijabite lawyers appeared in royal Supreme Court of UK to stands for cases, Sub-Saharan countries still glued on leftovers of their colonial masters by ignoring Human Rights the law stands for. Colo mentality block self sense of reasoning of Nigerian lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by jamesibor: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Comprehension not your strong suit

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by biomustry: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:
I believe you are a Muslim right? Can you show me where it is clearly Witten in the quoran that woman are to wear hijab?
Ignorance, they say is a disease, smh
Hijab is an arabic word for covering, screen etc
This is the verse:
O Prophet! Ask your wives, daughters, and believing women to draw their cloaks over their bodies.
You have to see hijab kurukuru, so just because words Trinity And Bible no dey inside the bible christians no go practice am. Chaai
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Antina(f): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

The very same Buhari they accused of wanting to ISLAMIZE NIGERIA is now their preferred point of reference.

They are confused!! grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dvee2: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

the NBA president is an islamic cleric. In any case, what does observing the law have to do with islamophobia A body says we want to be religiously neutral, why are the hardcore religionist against it? what is the problem with thapt?

OMG I am done with you. How does a girl wearing hijab change the neutrality of an institution?

NBA president is an Islamic cleric? Lol we heard this theory during the SLS saga. This further buttress the fact that ur problem is islamophobia.
Sorry
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by paragon40(m): 11:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Saheed9:
what do you have to say about this?
That's the chief justice of Kenya

then go to kenya for call to bar we are English trained lawyers this is Not Kenya Bar..
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by biomustry: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:
I believe you are a Muslim right? Can you show me where it is clearly Witten in the quoran that woman are to wear hijab?
Ignorance, they say is a disease, smh
Hijab is an arabic word for covering, screen etc
This is the verse:
O Prophet! Ask your wives, daughters, and believing women to draw their cloaks over their bodies.
You have to see hijab kurukuru, so just because words Trinity And Bible no dey inside the bible christians no go practice am. Chaai
Nairaland sef
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 11:48am On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

My dear friend her right is not trampling on your right, her wearing hijab under her gown does not suddenly change the neutrality of religion of the institution, it is your phobia that is making you think so.
Most institutions in UK including police have modified their uniforms to accommodate hijab, it doesn't turn British police to become Muslim police, its just your islamophobia that is making u think so.
Come to think of it, this girl was allowed to wear hijab for four years at the university no issue, she was allowed to wear hijab at law school for one year no issue it didn't affect the school neutrality. After Bar lawyers can wear hijab in court no issue, so its just the one hour call to bar ceremony that will now make her islamize the law school?
Its just tolerance my friend, she would not eaten infringed on your right. Pele.

My dear brother, it's like you don't get it. Personally, I dont have an issue with it. What i'm saying is that an organisation has the same right as she has to determine it's own religious inclination. Just like a company has too since companies are now legal entities and they stand alone. I think the company description is good as it perfectly explains the point well. As a company. I can choose to have diversity, in order words have muslims wear hijab or burka or niqab, have indians wear there caps, have nuns where there catholics dresses, have jews where there caps and so on OR I can choose to be religiously neutral and ban all those things. it's my freaking choice and i have a right to it. If you can't abide by it then you can leave, it's a very simple matter. But I am not discriminating against you, it's my own right too to express my own religious views as guarantee under the same constitution that guarantees yours. it's all about Jurisdiction
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

@Bold - they keep shuffling their reference point because the only thing they are consistent about is

On the day of Eid El Mawlid, they were quoting Aisha Yesufu who said we celebrate too many holidays
Of course they did not offer to forgo Christmas because they were concerned that we take too many holidays
Now let them tell Aisha Yesufu that Hijab is wrong
And let Aisha either remove her Hijab or publicly
support Firdaus

You got the point.

Just for that comment by Aisha, she was a baptized true Christian. grin
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

OMG I am done with you. How does a girl wearing hijab change the neutrality of an institution?

NBA president is an Islamic cleric? Lol we heard this theory during the SLS saga. This further buttress the fact that ur problem is islamophobia.
Sorry

Listen, I have a right to determine the tradition in my organisation or company. End of story. I dont want nuns clothes, sihks caps, hijabs, burqas, niqabs, sign of crosses, Ifa apparels, ogboni confrontanity clothes, whatever things that signify any religious connotations. I don't want. I have that right, guaranteed under the constitution.

I hope you get it now. I can also choose to welcome them, it's my choice. But if I decide to be religiously neutral, it's my fundamental human right. That's what i want you guys to understad
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

if you want to change the law, that is a fair discussion.

You don't need to change the law
We have 2 appeal court decisions (Lagos and Ilorin) in favour of Hijab

dyydxx:

Infact, we can partition the country and have those that want to have an islamic state get their country.
This is exactly what happened in Sudan... when all these nonsense sharia thing started they just partitioned the country so that the sharia zealots can have there country.

It is a lot of bother sharing a country with people who think like this
Without Sharia, Muslims were using Hijab before colonial rule
Without an Islamic State, Muslims use Hijab in the Uk and US

dyydxx:
The same thing will happen here too anytime anybody is stupid enough to want to impose sharia values here.

What are Sharia values? The use of Hijab or that one should not steal public fund etc
You are educated but you need to broaden your mind

dyydxx:
Now if the country is a secular state, then let everybody make their rules and adhere to them.

It is because Nigeria is a secular state that I should be allowed to wear Hijab in peace provided I buy it with my own money
And that is why public schools should not organise Christmas Carols
In other words, a secular does not promote a religion, but it does not hinder it too

dyydxx:
Also, displlay your religius beliefs privtely but anything that has to do with governance has to be strictly religiously neutral
How do I display it privately
President Jonathan went to Jerusalem with CAN leaders and it was all over NTA
Did Muslims complain?
I hope you realise that we face more traffic issues when Christians are doing their monthly activities along Lagos -Ibadan Expressway
Will that be resolved too? I cannot wait!

dyydxx:
There needs to be a strict adhere to the religion vs state separation
I agree
I don't need the government to buy Hijab for me. I don't need them to pay for Hajj
But Nigerian embassy will assist in Saudi Arabia or Israel or India (for Hare Krishnas) if they have issues outside the country
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dvee2: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

My dear brother, it's like you don't get it. Personally, I dont have an issue with it. What i'm saying is that an organisation has the same right as she has to determine it's own religious inclination. Just like a company has too since companies are now legal entities and they stand alone. I think the company description is good as it perfectly explains the point well. As a company. I can choose to have diversity, in order words have muslims wear hijab or burka or niqab, have indians wear there caps, have nuns where there catholics dresses, have jews where there caps and so on OR I can choose to be religiously neutral and ban all those things. it's my freaking choice and i have a right to it. If you can't abide by it then you can leave, it's a very simple matter. But I am not discriminating against you, it's my own right too to express my own religious views as guarantee under the same constitution that guarantees yours. it's all about Jurisdiction

But you have to proof that her wearing hijab infringes on your school religious neutrality. When she was wearing hijab to classes you did not stop her due to religious neutrality how can her wearing hijab for graduation effect your religious neutrality, you have to proof that.
In the Lagos case they fail to prove that. She won the case
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by slye(m): 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
People are so dumb. Useless thread! angry

What has buharis daughter got to do with this?
How's buharis daughter the reason why someone else cannot do what pleases her ?

People like you are the ones who does things because president's daughter/son or wizkid/davido is doing it!

Wise up and use your head!
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:

Where's kanujewsarepigs sef? grin grin

Before dem say na old testament, come and see.

Dem Sabi relegate that old testament like say na devil write am but wait for tithe time, na truck dem go take load old testament Bible come bigin bring quotes upon quotes. grin cheesy
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Sunmolar(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

Were u born wearing cloth? Use ur sense
No na your sense I use
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by chemistry157: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
ify2sladex:

Kindly check Quran 33:59
And I suppose you're a Christian, how about you refer to Corinthians 11:6? (It is clearly stated that your women should cover their hair)
Study your Bible first b4 putting your mouth in what you know nothing about!

That Corinthians verse only states when they're in a place of public WORSHIP or while praying... don't mislead others with your half baked knowledge sir.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

But you have to proof that her wearing hijab infringes on your school religious neutrality. When she was wearing hijab to classes you did not stop her due to religious neutrality how can her wearing hijab for graduation effect your religious neutrality, you have to proof that.
In the Lagos case they fail to prove that. She won the case

there is already a case law for this.. everything has been argued to the highest levels

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39264845
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
paragon40:
then go to kenya for call to bar we are English trained lawyers this is Not Kenya Bar..

I am a free born citizen of Nigeria, we will jointly make and obey the laws
You cannot push me out sir
Do I pay tax to Kenya government? No
If there is war would you ask me to go and fight for Kenya? No

By the way, Nigeria is a sovereign country that changed from driving on the left to the right

Sir you are out of point

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
This lady is beautiful
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Stalwert: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
Antina:

They only pretend they don't get it!!

They simply don't
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

there is already a case law for this.. everything has been argued to the highest levels

Sir, Nigeria got independence in 1960 and in 1963 our supreme court became the final court for issues in Nigeria
2 Nigerian Appeal courts have ruled in favour of Hijab

We are no longer under EU
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dvee2: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

There is a case law for this in Nigeria too
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by TemmyTee82(f): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rotentina:
The main problem of this Nation is................................imagine we abandoned our rich cultural heritage and religion to embrace foreign ones........!!!!

Let them stop using Bible and Quran to swell......oh sorry......... I mean let them stop using Bible and Quran to swear them to the platform of power. The combination of Mr Amadioha, Mr Ogun and Oya's husband will have ended corruption because our polithievecians will not dare them.

You want to go traditional? Discard your shirt and trousers. Discard our present system of government. Let us go back to the way our fathers organised their society.

Inasmuch as we're copying their system, we cannot totally discard their culture. The legal system as we know it did not originate from Ogun.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

You don't need to change the law
We have 2 appeal court decisions (Lagos and Ilorin) in favour of Hijab

it has to get to the supreme court and the current constitution(1999) as amended prohibits a state religion, which means anything that has to do with the state(public schools for example) have the right to determine if they want to be religiously neutral across board. They will surely affirm those rights at the supreme court.

BetaThings:

It is a lot of bother sharing a country with people who think like this
Without Sharia, Muslims were using Hijab before colonial rule
Without an Islamic State, Muslims use Hijab in the Uk and US
Muslims can wear hijabs if they want, that's there business but you can't wear it in my company if my companies policy is to be religiously neutral. I have a right to say I dont want any religious attire in my firm. it's not hard now, and that's me as an individual or company. How much more a state institution in a country where a state religion is banned?

BetaThings:

What are Sharia values? The use of Hijab or that one should not steal public fund etc
You are educated but you need to broaden your mind

The hijabi sistas and the religion that teaches that, that is the only way to be modest is the one that needs to broaden their minds

BetaThings:

It is because Nigeria is a secular state that I should be allowed to wear Hijab in peace provided I buy it with my own money
And that is why public schools should not organise Christmas Carols
In other words, a secular does not promote a religion, but it does not hinder it too
where it wherever it is permissible. it is not permissible everywhere, for reasons we have been debating.

BetaThings:

How do I display it privately
President Jonathan went to Jerusalem with CAN leaders and it was all over NTA
Did Muslims complain?
I hope you realise that we face more traffic issues when Christians are doing their monthly activities along Lagos -Ibadan Expressway
Will that be resolved too? I cannot wait!

where it to your mosque now or maybe faith schools. In a truly secular states, hijabs ought to be banned in all public institutions and not hijabs but every other religious symbols including crosses and what have you

BetaThings:

I agree
I don't need the government to buy Hijab for me. I don't need them to pay for Hajj
But Nigerian embassy will assist in Saudi Arabia or Israel or India (for Hare Krishnas) if they have issues outside the country

we agree on this. Govt has no business i people's religion and people need to respect there religious boundaries. The country is not an islamic or christian country. it is a secular country with multi religious ethnicities.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

There is a case law for this in Nigeria too

it hasn't gotten to the supreme court. that's the final arbiter
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
jamesibor:

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

You should read your posts
Hen coming home..?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by TemmyTee82(f): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
ify2sladex:

Kindly check Quran 33:59
And I suppose you're a Christian, how about you refer to Corinthians 11:6? (It is clearly stated that your women should cover their hair)
Study your Bible first b4 putting your mouth in what you know nothing about!

And you should happily face your Quran and keep facing it. Don't quote what you know nothing about.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Sir, Nigeria got independence in 1960 and in 1963 our supreme court became the final court for issues in Nigeria
2 Nigerian Appeal courts have ruled in favour of Hijab

We are no longer under EU

The ECJ ruling is a pattern, I only cited that to quote to you that this issue has been debated by more sophisticated climes. In any case, the Supreme Court is yet to take up the case but I have no doubt that the Supreme court will uphold the constitution as flawed as it currently is.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by TemmyTee82(f): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

We should start proving our religion to you, please how is it your business? Why are you so pained about what Muslim women wear? When will hypocritical Christians face their religion instead of mindless envy of Muslim women?

Lol. A fi envy na.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dvee2: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

it hasn't gotten to the supreme court. that's the final arbiter

The case law versus Nigerian constitution?
Private corporation vs public institution?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
ify2sladex:
These nairalanders sef. pls, is Buhari's daughter the pillar of Islam? Or what's your point exactly?
Quote me at your own peril o
what pillar of Islam?pillar wey don collapse since the death of Mohammed
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

We should start proving our religion to you, please how is it your business? Why are you so pained about what Muslim women wear? When will hypocritical Christians face their religion instead of mindless envy of Muslim women?
like set fine women no dey Christianity tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

No More Herdsmen – Sunday Igboho Faces Soldiers, Policemen / Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.