Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President (21273 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President / Female Muslim Trainee Lawyer Is Ejected From Court Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
dnt forget to allow egun, sango, igunnu, obatala and ifa worshiper to wear their costume to any institutions if u allow dis to stand.
supported

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Bishop4bella(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
efighter:

People like you have been taking charms and juju to schools and offices since time immemorial.

How has that affected you....mind your business

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by adams123: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Riversides2003:
There are rules and regulations in every sane society and establishments,pls this shouldn’t be religionised, the way this religious sentiments is going, I foresee Ahmed Musa requesting to play for super Eagles in Russia with Jalamia and Turbine.

my brother, Jalabia and turbarn are not compulsory in Islam but #Hijab is compulsory

6 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by skentelelady(f): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Muslims like show off especially the fanatics among them. They like to seek unnecessary attentions. Can she send the pix of other Muslim ladies called to bar that day?

I finished from unilorin. The way they carried religion entered social life on campus was ridiculous. Imagine, telling us not to hold any beauty contest or faculty parties on campus in student halls in the late 90s

The whole world would know when they started their fast

Ilorin Muslims are hypocrites angry

This is Nigeria and we have Christians and Muslims. If Christians can abide with Nigerian laws in any profession, Muslims should too

The NBA should not be sentimental about this. If they want to wear hijab under wig, they should go to Arabian countries to study.

Imagine the disgusting look wearing wig on hijab

So annoying religion. Abori ma bo wa undecided :- undecided

Check my signature, let's make some doughs together cheesy grin. Register and I will surely contact u

8 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by seguntijan(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Martin Luther King came to lime light for challenging the norms. All the great lawyers I have known are great activist, they challenge the law that made them. Firdausa Amasa Abdulsalaam has successfully created a niche for herself, all of you criticizing her decision should wait and witness her victory. She'll overcome by God's grace

7 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Birminghamvirgo(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Why will u denied her of her right all bcoz of Hijab! NIGERIA and BLASPHEM!

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by adams123: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Your argument holds no water because those you mentioned are not mandated to wear their costumes always. Their religion didn't make it compulsory.

For me sha, I'm sitting on the fence on this issue, I can't tell if it's right or wrong.

Muslims deprive many Christians of Thier right in the core northern states that practice Sharia.
Imagine I can't drink alcohol peacefully and you control the way Christian girls dress in a secular nation.

Make I just Siddon dey look

pls, is drinking of alcohol compulsory in christaindom?

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by DavidEsq(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
They better address this matter, because as a full fledged Onye Nmuo, I intend to adorn myself with eagle feathers, vulture skulls and snake bones during my own call to Bar. Any bagger that try's to stop me will witness Amadioha in his most raw form. All na diversity.
embarassed. Which one be raw form again na?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by InvertedHammer: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Why can't Nigerians emancipate themselves from mental slavery by stop wearing those stupid rags on their heads that make them look like 18th Century British lawyers?

\\

5 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by swithaven: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
Shehucom:
She'll definitely get justice and would be compensated.

People like you are the major problem we have as a country.. Must you allow religion to always cloud your honest judgement

We are about entering a new year please change..

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by adams123: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
ajokebelle:
Is she the first muslimah to be called to bar?
Was she the only muslimah there at the ceremony?

She said no to follow people blindly, hijab is compulsory on her and bcoz others are not wearing it she too should not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by SuccesYear: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Freshbank:
When u place religion over reasoning then u re going no where... Check most of d countries in world dat re extremely religious they contribute very few in d development of d world eg Nigeria, Afghanistan etc
bro I guess u can research based on sub region ECOWAS precisely Nigeria is doing okay.

Everything shouldn't be based on sentiment brother

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by SuccesYear: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
They better address this matter, because as a full fledged Onye Nmuo, I intend to adorn myself with eagle feathers, vulture skulls and snake bones during my own call to Bar. Any bagger that try's to stop me will witness Amadioha in his most raw form. All na diversity.
Why not ! If you think it does makes sense to you
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by ehinmowo: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Hijab wearing is is a facade incorporated into some religions. Ancient Asian cultures hv been wearing the so called hijab long b4 some religious leaders were born. It was basically because of d environment they found themselves.

All we now see are humanveing dressing like masquerades.

If u cnt budge because of ur religion, stay away from the profession.

Imagine a farmer wearing suit and tie to plant crops or an astronault wearing hijab.

2 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by seguntijan(m): 7:40am On Dec 16, 2017
A law graduate or lawyer that cannot defend his or her own basic rights as contained in the constitution does not deserve to be called a legal practitioner. Why because, such person is not fit to defend the right of others. You can’t defend the right of others if you can’t defend your own rights. Best of luck to Abdulsalaam Firdausa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Efewestern: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
grin pigs and idiots where at thou!

E pain whenever fanatical Christians cannot oppress Muslims they fall back on their pagan allies to justify their follies.

it's a shame I share same country with your irks.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by tuoyoojo(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2017
every country has laws which acts as guidelines for human conduct

as long a Nigeria remain a secular state, its laws takes preeminence over all

first question. is the lady the only Muslim in that batch that she cannot take her hijab off for some few minutes

if a come tomorrow and say my religious conviction mandates me to wear only a particular clothing, does that give me the power to force change on existing laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by oladotcom: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2017
What has dressing got to do with performance and intelligence. We take everything too far in this country and make trivial issues too important. Who say you cannot wear your egungun dress or choir robe anywhere.
Nigeria will start growing when we get ourselves rid of all these dirty sentiments and trying to impose a colonial way of life and thinking over a diverse people which even the colonialists have realised and adjusted.

If an hijabite can be admitted to the bar in New York, what makes Nigeria an exception. If hijabites can be in the uniform services elsewhere, even in Israel how is Nigeria case different.

It's hi time Xtians in Nigeria study about the values of their neighbours just like their Muslim counterparts.

We need more respect in this country, why wrestle with the obvious.

4 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olasaad(f): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2017
lilmax:
it shouldn't be allowed.... period

Well it has come to stay and their is nothing you can do about that. Watch out for the next call to bar as many Muslim ladies will do the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by aftatechbiz(m): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2017
honestly,i dont see any big deal in it, its only some people like making noise out of nothing

Best and cheapest bulk sms for your business, church and organization
@ www.aftasms.com
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Shehucom(m): 7:44am On Dec 16, 2017
swithaven:

People like you are the major problem we have as a country.. Must you allow religion to always cloud your honest judgement

We are about entering a new year please change..

It's not about religion clouding a judgment, it's a simple truth and a realistic struggle
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Stalwert: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2017
[s]
Efewestern:

it's a shame I share same country with your irks.

SMH.
[/s]

Then join cownu the sewage rat in his pigout sorry hideout
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by skentelelady(f): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Birminghamvirgo:
Why will u denied her of her right all bcoz of Hijab! NIGERIA and BLASPHEM!

What right? But she's allowed to break the rules and laws which she studied and understands clearly??

Let's stop putting sentiments in everything

2 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by ihatesycophant(m): 7:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Every institutions, nations and set up has its rules, regulations, ideals and customs that need to be followed. The NBA president should not have postponed this kind of argument, he's been long in the business for him to have rose to that point. He should have First Class info at hand and not dribble the sensibilities of people. Is it allowed or not in Nigeria law system.

As a lady, I want to go and play football with my hijab.
It bad to take up a profession you can't obey its rules.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by igdgreat(m): 7:47am On Dec 16, 2017
u do or u no do, anyi amacha
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by princeade86(m): 7:47am On Dec 16, 2017
efighter:

People like you have been taking charms and juju to schools and offices since time immemorial.
so what is d crime sir. Are u nt taking bible or quran to ur sch or offices. Ignorance is a diseases.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olasaad(f): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Bishop4bella:
How will it look wearing wig on hijab?

Nigeria is far behind in the name of religions.

This is how she looks. The hijab is not even obvious as it match her dressing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Adebowale89(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Nigeria the most religious country but

the most country that her people hate theirselves, live in thorough abject poverty, struggle to have 24hrs power supply

if I happen to be Nigeria president, I will scrap religion law from Nigeria constitution

the emergence of Islam is still the consequence of war happening in Northeast

the clash between Christians and Muslim caused a lots of lives in kano and Kaduna respectively

of what relevant is that mumu hijab to Nigeria legal advancement. her degree certificate should be cease from her. nonsense

just hope this my fellow citizen grow sense one day

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Rayconcept(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Freshbank:
When u place religion over reasoning then u re going no where... Check most of d countries in world dat re extremely religious they contribute very few in d development of d world eg Nigeria, Afghanistan etc
U AR N SER
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by jomoh: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2017
Riversides2003:
There are rules and regulations in every sane society and establishments,pls this shouldn’t be religionised, the way this religious sentiments is going, I foresee Ahmed Musa requesting to play for super Eagles in Russia with Jalamia and Turbine.

You folks won’t stop disgracing yourselves in the name of religious intolerance and sentiments you have against the religion of Islam.

Is there any rules or regulation that supersedes the Nigerian constitution?

Is the law of the NBA superior to the constitution that gives her the freedom of religion, association and basic human right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver / The Power In Your Thinking / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.