Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President (21276 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President / Female Muslim Trainee Lawyer Is Ejected From Court Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by FriendNG: 11:54am On Dec 16, 2017
free2ryhme:

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab. No hijab as she knows the rule and abides by it.

Buhari that you guys hate is now the yardstick to measure this case. I thought he is a terrorist.

Anyways Halima Buhari is not a model for others to copy.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olamide452(f): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olamide452(f): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olumidazz: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Being called to bar is not as of right it is a privilege. You have to be fit and proper whilst adhering strictly to all the rules of professional conductor set out by the legal practitioners privileges comitee......if you can not adhere please look for another profession suitable for you.

There were reverends, deacons, cannons, nuns as well people worshipping songo amadioha obatala and the rest traditional religion being also called to bar but we did not see them in their cassocks or traditional regalias during the call to bar ceremony why then is this lady on different. Pls respect the legal profession, being called to bar is not a right it's a privilege conferred after passing the exams and adhering to rules of professional conduct.

I have seen aspiring lawyers who were not called to bar when they should be called because of misconduct during the periodic law dinners. This lady has to adhere if not she Waka goooo

2 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by debolayinka(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Wetin be the problem of Nigerian muslims self? Their insecurity and unwarranted noise bores me. I am usually not bothered about the religion anyone chooses practise in a secular state, but the way muslims have made the country look like it has to be governed based on their own terms only annoys me.
What about christian ladies who do not wear trousers and are forced to wear them in NYSC camps? Has there been any fuse over that issue? Will she stop being a Muslim if she puts off the Hijab for just a few hours? This certainly proves that they do not really care about following laws, all they care is to hypocritically wear coverings when immorality is actually their way of life.

The so called lady go dey feel like celeb now like say when she was in Unilorin she no dey enter ''korope''.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
dnt forget to allow egun, sango, igunnu, obatala and ifa worshiper to wear their costume to any institutions if u allow dis to stand.

I still don't see any reason they cannot allow a little, white, cape hijab neatly tucked in. They are allowed to dress that way during their training, so why not during the ceremony?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:
Jihad has many forms. This is one of them. Christians vote in a Muslim party(with a known jihadist as flag bearer), Muslim party fills all key positions with leaders sympathetic to their cause and agenda. Those leaders gradually change the law of the land to be receptive to islamic indoctrination finally sharia is introduced. While all these are going on Christians are fighting each other about tithe, ear ring, weavon, make up etc. One day their children wake up to the moon and star added to their flag, currency with Arabic symbols and name changed to Islamic Republic of Nigeria.
"For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light." Luke 16:8 NIV

Gods people truly perish for lack of knowledge

Shatap ma.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
ajokebelle:
Is she the first muslimah to be called to bar?
Was she the only muslimah there at the ceremony?

Something I am not understanding sha. How have others been doing it without a scene?

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
FortifiedCity:
angry

If I could, I will thank those people who prevented fidaus from entering the ceremony for insisting on putting on the hijab.
What People like fidaus do in closed doors shocks even the devil.
Let her keep deceiving herself. It's just unfortunate that in this country, we are easily swayed by religious sentiments

People like Fidaus. But not Fidaus. You don't know her. Stop talking like you do.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
They better address this matter, because as a full fledge Onye Nmuo, I intend to adorn myself with eagle feathers, vulture skulls and snake bones during my own call to Bar. Any bagger that tries to stop me will witness Amadioha in his most raw form. All na diversity.

Did Amadioha command you to walk around with eagle's feathers? Did Amadioha make it compulsory to adorn yourself with snake bones?

**spits on post**
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by enemyofprogress: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
Muslims always causing problems whenever they find themselves amongst human beings

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by enemyofprogress: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
TemmyTee82:

I still don't see any reason they cannot allow a little, white, cape hijab neatly tucked in. They are allowed to dress that way during their training, so why not during the ceremony?
come here make I swear for you
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Tellemall: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

This is how she looks. The hijab is not even obvious as it match her dressing.

What weapon is she hiding behind her ears and along her nape?

I've seen people steal food under these things, so, tell us what she's hiding there.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by HaneefahRN(f): 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
dnt forget to allow egun, sango, igunnu, obatala and ifa worshiper to wear their costume to any institutions if u allow dis to stand.

If that is what they wear everyday of their lives to the class, market, parties, etc and a compulsory part of their dressing, they should fight for it too.

Bunch of intolerant hypocrites who are always quick yo call others out for what they are actively doing.
Frustrating people who decide to cover up in accordance with their faith like the hijab is being forced on their daughters head.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by FroshPapie(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrHistorian:
So,this hijab of a thing led to heated argument with some of my friends on Whatsapp yesterday.

To be fair and unbias,inclusion of hijab to one's dressing does not depress productivity nor deteriorate intellectual output.The basic reason for such law in some institution is just to ensure uniformity.

Like the dude above me argued,what about other religious factions who are mandated on some specific dressing.Well,the answer for them is to proceed to a competent law court to establish it.

Is Hijab not even permitted in secondary schools?

Is hijab not permitted in tertiary institutions?
Wise.
Buh other religion just wear costumes if they don't wear it, no sin..but for a Muslim lady to xpose her hair it's vrrrry bad...
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Timmie331(m): 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
Nigerian main problem is religion, we are just too religious and that's not helping in anyway�
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by MemphisRaynes: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Yes o! Wait until you read the Holy Book on Amadioha. Meanwhile choose your next words carefully, before Amadioha and Thor meet to discuss your matter.

TemmyTee82:

Did Amadioha command you to walk around with eagle's feathers? Did Amadioha make it compulsory to adorn yourself with snake bones?

**spits on post**
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by kayodekb: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Freshbank:
When u place religion over reasoning then u re going no where... Check most of d countries in world dat re extremely religious they contribute very few in d development of d world eg Nigeria, Afghanistan etc

YOU ARE A FOOL, WHY YOU NO MENTION QATAR, SAUDI ARABIA, TURKEY AND CO...
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by yusufbida(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
lilmax:
it shouldn't be allowed.... period

Mumu when it's allowed even in the US how much more of a country like Nigerians who the Muslims doubled other religion
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by bakry86: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
Bishop4bella:
How will it look wearing wig on hijab?
Nigeria is far behind in the name of religions.
This is how it will look like. Smartish.
U will surely get problem wt dis due to ur high level of intolerance.

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
come here make I swear for you

You nor reash! grin
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Yes o! Wait until you read the Holy Book on Amadioha. Meanwhile choose your next words carefully, before Amadioha and Thor meet to discuss your matter.

Holy book kwa! Na you write am abi?

In other news, those gods you mention, na Sango Olukoso go clear the two both of them.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
free2ryhme:

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab. No hijab as she knows the rule and abides by it.

Only the wretched wears Hijab.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rainmania:
This is not strictly just based on rules and regulations of the NLS.The underlaying factor here is that the Judicial System feels this will be in violation of the ideological and religious neutrality of the justice system.

This goes beyond the call to bar ceremony, It comes down to the question; Can a lawyer wearing an hijab in court be reconciled with the justice system's constitutional obligation to maintain ideological and religious neutrality? This is a fundamental question that high-level judges in Nigeria has been faced with.

My own two cents is that Hijabs do not violate the justice system's mandate of neutrality, because lawyers perform their duties independently and are concerned first and foremost with their clients' interests.

Her right to wear an hijab during her call to bar is thus protected by the fundamental right to freedom of religion, and the only way to change this would be on the basis of a law that does not currently exist.

While I understand that rule 36 (a) of the Rules of Professional Conduct in the Legal Profession Revised (2007) expressly decries the "wearing of apparel and ornament" that draws attention to a legal practitioner appearing before a judge, the hijab doesn’t fall into such apparel ornament that can be decried upon, because it is a constitutional right that no bye-law can suppress on a permanent basis.

May I as well add this. Be it Buhari's daughter or Queen Raina, they choosing to wear or not wear an hijab is solely based on their own conviction, they don't represent Islam. Sure they are rich, powerful, famous Muslims. If they agree to compromise on their religious beliefs doesn't mean every Muslims has to. For on the day when we all face our maker we will be answerable to our own deeds on earth.This has nothing to do with extremism well meaning Muslims have also lost their loved ones to the cowardly act of terrorism.

May God give us the wisdom and patience to be tolerant and accomodating to each others beliefs. Have a good day.

Compromise on which belief? As a matter of fact, Buhari's daughters are exemplary of people who doesn't limit their God unlike muslims fanatics as yourself. Allah created them wonderfully as africans and they are proud to display that in front of their creator unlike the human made allah you fanatics seem to serve. Funny enough, no where is it written in the quora that women must wear hijab!
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

Why are you so pained Mr. Handsome all this your hate will amount to nothing as she's going to get victory in the end

Get victory? For where? We know how Aregbesola hijab saga panned out!
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Bimpe29:
Wearing of Hijab doesn't circumvent any known law. Is just that Nigerians are hypothetical and too bigotry. They embrace indecent dress and detest modesty.

The act of wearing of Hijab isn't modesty.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
olamide452:
Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God

Care to tell us what you mean by this?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
TemmyTee82:

**spits on post**

The Spits should land on your forehead! What right do you have to question his Amadioha's? Are you insane or what?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by TemmyTee82(f): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
diadem10:

The Spits should land on your forehead! What right do you have to question his Amadioha's? Are you insane or what?

If I slap you! Wetin consain you? Carry another person mata for head, drag your own for hand.

My friend, you better be very careful!
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by free2ryhme: 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
FriendNG:

Buhari that you guys hate is now the yardstick to measure this case. I thought he is a terrorist.

Anyways Halima Buhari is not a roll model for others to copy.

Give me a C
Give me a R
Give me a A
Give me a P
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
Alright

diadem10:

Comprise on which belief? As a matter of fact, Buhari's daughters are exemplary of people who doesn't limit their God unlike muslims fanatics as yourself. Allah created them wonderfully as africans and they are proud to display that in front of their creator unlike the human made allah you fanatics seem to serve. Funny enough, no where is it written in the quora that women must wear hijab!
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by diadem10: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
TemmyTee82:

If I slap you! Wetin consain you? Carry another person mata for head, drag your own for hand.

My friend, you better be very careful!

Where's your Hijab, alhaja? Yeye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Power In Your Thinking / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary / 21 Directors Fail Exams To Become Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.