Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President (21254 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President / Female Muslim Trainee Lawyer Is Ejected From Court Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Potch: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2017
jomoh:

You folks won’t stop disgracing yourselves in the name of religious intolerance and sentiments you have against the religion of Islam.

Is there any rules or regulation that supersedes the Nigerian constitution?

Is the law of the NBA superior to the constitution that gives her the freedom of religion, association and basic human right?

You had better save your energy for something positive. This is one issue that has generated a national discourse and I am pretty sure the solutions wont come from the pages of Nairaland but by the same people who made the law. Some people, no matter how good the intention is will never support it. The day will stop seeing every issue from the lens of religion and being objective, it will mark the beginning our success.
-
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2017
this country has muslims and christians in equal numbers.

hope these christian intolerants will not get heart attack when this issue is resolved. there are enough majority muslim democracies to use as a guideline
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Muyak(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2017
ajokebelle:
Is she the first muslimah to be called to bar?
Was she the only muslimah there at the ceremony?
Ode ni e
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by JesuEruOluwa: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2017
free2ryhme:

na so e pain u reach grin grin grin
No matter how painful it was

He who laugh last laughs best grin grin! tongue tongue

Sorry ehen, I know u must be sad and cry
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by osuofia2(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2017
Nigeria wahala too much. Before na #endsars them don forget, now na #justicefirdausa. Useless ugly yoruba head hitter trying to cause problem.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2017
Muyak:
Ode ni e
You are the ode. simple yes or no question
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by bareal(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Your argument holds no water because those you mentioned are not mandated to wear their costumes always. Their religion didn't make it compulsory.

For me sha, I'm sitting on the fence on this issue, I can't tell if it's right or wrong.

Muslims deprive many Christians of Thier right in the core northern states that practice Sharia.
Imagine I can't drink alcohol peacefully and you control the way Christian girls dress in a secular nation.

Make I just Siddon dey look

How do you know they are not mandated to wear their costumes everywhere?
Have you see the Obatala people?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Lukgaf(m): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
dnt forget to allow egun, sango, igunnu, obatala and ifa worshiper to wear their costume to any institutions if u allow dis to stand.

you don't get sense. I tell u, how's that related. can u just tell those ifa worshippers as you proclaimed to go to all thier events
you are just bias.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by dawahlarry: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2017
lilmax:
it shouldn't be allowed.... period

When it is already allowed, for you to know, he shared the picture of his daughter rocking hijab while being called to bar.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by jomoh: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2017
Potch:

You had better save your energy for something positive. This is one issue that has generated a national discourse and I am pretty sure the solutions wont come from the pages of Nairaland but by the same people who made the law. Some people, no matter how good the intention is will never support it. The day will stop seeing every issue from the lens of religion and being objective, it will mark the beginning our success.
-

I feel your point Bro. Nigerians are always religious bias. I wish we could for once do things according to what how constitution dictates.

It’s just that sometimes one has to educate the ignorant folks on here. At least do it for charity. Educate their ignorant minds.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by osuofia2(m): 9:58am On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

This is how she looks. The hijab is not even obvious as it match her dressing.
The ugly idiots, thunder go fire her..useless Yoruba head hitter claiming islam
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by olasaad(f): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2017
osuofia2:

The ugly idiots, thunder go fire her..useless Yoruba head hitter claiming islam

Why are you so pained Mr. Handsome all this your hate will amount to nothing as she's going to get victory in the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by beedgreat(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2017
don't know why is only Muslim like to cause this order and trouble in the society is there no other religion or do they not have their way of dressing but they leave it and follow rules and regulations.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by abduljabbar4(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Your argument holds no water because those you mentioned are not mandated to wear their costumes always. Their religion didn't make it compulsory.

For me sha, I'm sitting on the fence on this issue, I can't tell if it's right or wrong.

Muslims deprive many Christians of Thier right in the core northern states that practice Sharia.
Imagine I can't drink alcohol peacefully and you control the way Christian girls dress in a secular nation.

Make I just Siddon dey look

how are we persecuting christians? You dress half unclad, you move around our streets dancing during christmass, we allow you to build churches and we allow you to drink your alcohol (but not on our streets, of course)
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by abduljabbar4(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2017
ajokebelle:
Is she the first muslimah to be called to bar?
Was she the only muslimah there at the ceremony?

And so what? was nelson mandela the first person to be to be discriminated against?

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by lilmax(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2017
dawahlarry:

When it is already allowed, for you to know, he shared the picture of his daughter rocking hijab while being called to bar.
rocking it where? Nigeria? get your facts right
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by kings09(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Shehucom:
She'll definitely get justice and would be compensated.
For wat exactly?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Bimpe29: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Wearing of Hijab doesn't circumvent any known law. Is just that Nigerians are hypothetical and too bigotry. They embrace indecent dress and detest modesty.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by dimade1: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2017
seguntijan:
http://www.lawyard.ng/justiceforfirdaus-argument-over-hijab-needless-we-will-address-it-nba-president/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork#JusticeForFirdaus:

The President of Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, A.B. Mahmoud, SAN, has promised that the Association would look into the circumstances in which Amasa Firdaus, a graduate of University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) was prevented from being called to the Bar on Tuesday.

Firdaus was said to have been denied entry into the hall where the ceremony held by officials of the Council of Legal Education (CLE) for failing to remove her ‘hijab’ covering as directed.

The prospective call to bar candidate reportedly insisted on wearing her hijab in adherence to her religious beliefs and refused entreaties to do otherwise. She was subsequently locked out and could not participate in the ceremony.

Firdaus’ plight has garnered nationwide attention and has been the subject of a debate about the constitutional right to freedom of worship and the obligation to respect laid out rules. A call for Firdaus to be admitted to the Bar has also been trending with the hashtag #JusticeForFirdaus.

Joining the discussion Friday afternoon, NBA President Mahmoud referred to Olufunke Abimbola, a Nigerian lawyer based in the United Kingdom (UK) who was recently honoured by Queen Elizabeth II for her contributions to promoting diversity in the legal profession.

Writing on his Twitter handle, @abmtwitt, Mr Mahmoud said Firdaus’ plight would be addressed while also adding that the NBA would embrace diversity.

“UK based Nigerian lawyer recognized for promoting diversity in the legal profession. The NBA will embrace diversity and tolerance in the Nigerian legal profession. The Hijab issue will be addressed,” Mahmoud said.

The NBA President went further to share a picture of his daughter being admitted to the New York Bar while wearing a hijab and declared that the argument over hijab in Nigeria was needless.
Justice must preface
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by ogilivictor: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2017
tstx:
Everywhere hijab Hijab.. what is even this hijab sef...... is it a hair style?
noon is a new form of masquerade
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by beedgreat(m): 10:49am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
i understand u bro. Buh remember catholic nuns are also practicing law, buh they dnt disobey law. What is called law is law, just dat many people dat carry religious 4 head like gala doing it in a wrong way. What wil it take her to obey law. So her disobidient wil add to her cv in presence of my God. She is d one dat committed great offence in d presence of my God becos she allows people saying negatives things.
don't mind those Muslim is all white garment church mandate it for their female members to put on their white cap and that doesn't mean they will not still obey the rules and regulations of the society.
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by yusluvlove(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2017
This issue need to be address as soon as possible because we muslims can take this humiliation anymore. #ISTANDWITHHIJAB#

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Daddyis: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Then join cownu the sewage rat in his pigout sorry hideout
you Muslims always have the gut to call other pagans when your religion is based on kaaba your heaven on earth home of Allah, i heard that no Muslims can do anything without facing the kaaba if you are sleeping with your wife you face kaaba when you urinate you face kaaba when you pray you face kaaba and when you are dead they bury you towards kaaba. So what is the difference between you guys and pagans
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by tiredoflife(m): 11:06am On Dec 16, 2017
My take

2 Likes

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by aorta(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2017
FortifiedCity:
angry

If I could, I will thank those people who prevented fidaus from entering the ceremony for insisting on putting on the hijab.
What People like fidaus do in closed doors shocks even the devil.
Let her keep deceiving herself. It's just unfortunate that in this country, we are easily swayed by religious sentiments
You know nothing about her

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by osuofia2(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

Why are you so pained Mr. Handsome all this your hate will amount to nothing as she's going to get victory in the end
Why are you not wearing hijab?
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by osuofia2(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

Why are you not wearing hijab?madam sabi sabi
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by acehood907(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2017
I swear to who created the world Allah will never let our Muslims women down as fa as she guide her own respect, Christians are always working Niked on our roads so the want her to be Niked too
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by Kbanka: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2017
1 Corinthians 11:6

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

1 Like

Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by XXLDICK(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

how are we persecuting christians? You dress half unclad, you move around our streets dancing during christmass, we allow you to build churches and we allow you to drink your alcohol (but not on our streets, of course)
Muslims own the streets in the core northern states in a secular nation

Maybe Christians should prevent the wearing of hijab in the SE and SS cause by your logic, they are Christian streets
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by abduljabbar4(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Muslims own the streets in the core northern states in a secular nation

Maybe Christians should prevent the wearing of hijab in the SE and SS cause by your logic, they are Christian streets

Its only a mad man that will compare alcohol with hijab. Besides i told you that they walk freely in mini skirts around our streets but a drunk man cant be allowed to do such. If are really honest you will agree with me that its dangerous for both he and the people around him
Re: Argument Over Hijab Needless, We Will Address It – NBA President by ajokebelle(f): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Muyak:
Ode ni e

Iwo ni mo fi jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Power In Your Thinking / World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.