Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry (27857 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by dukecharles(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2017
The girl is a fanatic. Imagine as a Christian or a pagan, you have a case with a Muslim and the judge is wearing Hijab, will you accept her judgment if it goes against.
The Law is blind.

Women and their problems, I don't blame Buhari when he said his wife belongs to the Kitchen. African women with a lot of drama.

5 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by personal59: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2017
smh

people are missing this issue
hijab as it seems isn't a matter of just an attire but a constant dressing for a Muslim even in the presence of friends so y comparing what is compulsory with what's once a yl
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by biacan(f): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

Respecting law doesn't mean one must disrespect his religion
The president daughter was been called to bar and she removed her Hijab.....tell me is fidaus more religious than her.....or did the president daughter disrespect her religion....?

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Bari22: 8:22am On Dec 17, 2017
frankmoney:
lol newsflash bro , it's still not allowed and will never be , you can travel to Mecca with the girl and be called to bar grin

You don't have that power, Christians can move unclad as u used to do. But you can't dictate to us, we have power and we will use it wisely
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by musa234(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2017
Even as a Muslim, I think she has herself to blame, she knew what the law school entails, their act, their mode of dressing and conduct, she just played herself, religion has done us more harm than good, no wonder we are so backwards in terms of development.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by frankmoney(m): 8:25am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

You don't have that power, Christians can move unclad as u used to do. But you can't dictate to us, we have power and we will use it wisely
lol power ? Guy nothing supersedes the law of the land , your hijab stuff is dead on arrival . Christians move unclad ? Muslims can go and be killers as they used to do , since you want to be petty

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by onegig(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2017
nnokwa042:
let her go and study sharia don't know what she's doing with western education Until people will understand what is called taqiya in Koran they will stop giving in to Muslim blackmails, if they let this useless Muslim girl put on hijab tomorrow they will demand our court should adopt Koran next they will demand that sharia should be introduce in Lagos state ,if u don't want problems don't let Muslim in like Japan korea taiwn

As usual . Ignorance is the greatest disease that can afflict a man.

I bet you don't know Islamic law and jurisprudence is an accredited course in virtually all law schools in the country?

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by bomsybomsy(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2017
Who says nigerian's are not intelligent,But is only for personal use,CORRUPTION.And the most selfish set of people on earth.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by khristal87(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:
If going naked is your right, please understand that covering is the right of a Muslim woman.

Fact
Am i free to walk unclad where there are muslim women? How d u juxtapose these two? Think bf u type

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by emsheddy(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2017
This, surely, does justice to the issue at hand. We need to rid ourselves off this religiosity destroying us.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2017
Is there any law that say the hair cannot be covered?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by mannobi(m): 8:30am On Dec 17, 2017
Everything in this country is arbitrarily done
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Bari22: 8:32am On Dec 17, 2017
khristal87:

Am i free to walk unclad where there are muslim women? How d u juxtapose these two? Think bf u type

Can u walk unclad in front of non-muslim women?

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2017
frankmoney:
lol power ? Guy nothing supersedes the law of the land, your hijab stuff is dead on arrival . Christians move unclad ? Muslims can go and be killers as they used to do , since you want to be petty
Are you sure you know what the law of the land says about hijab wearing in Nigeria? Go and check past judgements. And don't confuse yourself about NBA's rules with the law of the land.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by shams040(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2017
All I knw is, she will win and Hijab wearing will be legalized.

Am sure if wig wearing was from Islam dey wld av tagged it as a means of Islamizing d nation.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

And you are too little to christanize us, we refused to move naked

So the law dressing code seems unclad to you right? What a shame

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by bughead: 8:34am On Dec 17, 2017
dukecharles:
The girl is a fanatic. Imagine as a Christian or a pagan, you have a case with a Muslim and the judge is wearing Hijab, will you accept her judgment if it goes against.
The Law is blind.

Women and their problems, I don't blame Buhari when he said his wife belongs to the Kitchen. African women with a lot of drama.
exactly what I'm thinking!

If she want to wear that hijab let her go to Sahara court undecided

But the funny thing is that the Sahara court don't allow there women to be judge!

What a pathetic and hypocritical religion!

10 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by angelanto8(f): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2017
If you're required to go nude for 1million dollars in a movie and you feel you can,you go for it But if you feel it goes against your morals you don't even though you love acting and the money is huge right?. So if the said lady can't do without hijab and the law doesn't allow,she should go somewhere else since it doesn't conform with her beliefs.Maybe islamic or sharia law will do.

5 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2017
dukecharles:
The Law is blind.

So, wearing hijab is the only thing that makes her Muslim in your eyes? As long as she's not wearing hijab, she's not a Muslim to you and her judgement will be okay to you. Faulty reasoning ability, you can do better.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by frankmoney(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2017
maasoap:

Are you sure you know what the law of the land says about hijab wearing in Nigeria? Go and check past judgements. And don't confuse yourself about NBA's rules with the law of the land.
if NBA says hijabs are not allowed then don't bring religious sentiments into it . Shikina

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2017
This is the best article i have read since the inception of this hijab girl case. God bless you Olorunfemi.
Permission to share?

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by zakari247(m): 8:38am On Dec 17, 2017
it so difficult for people to understand that Islam is not just praying but a complete and a total way of life. it is an ideology, so if you think it something personal to you, its everything much more for the Muslims. As a Nigerian no body and I mean not even the 106 senate nor the executive and all members of the house of assembly would deny a Muslim worship his or her God. a less you don't know put on the hijab is part of worship for Muslim women. if you see it it as just a Muslim thing well it your opinion but I do see it as diversity and a society that do not embrace diversity as it acknowledge them is always bound to fail by her laws.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Adek15(m): 8:38am On Dec 17, 2017
seunmsg:
I completely endorse the message of the writer. Professional ethics should not be sacrificed on the altar of religiosity. Apart from the fact that Nigeria is a secular country, the law profession is a secular one and should not have the imprint of any religion. The law is supposed to be blind to issues such as religion, race, tribe etc.

The law school should steadfastly resist all the attempts to dilute its ethical stand with religious practices. If they give in to the ongoing blackmail, the door of compromise would have been opened for others to follow.

Cc: lalasticlala
that's where many people get it wrong. Nigeria was/is not a secular country but a multi religious one and until we start to acknowledge that, this kinda issue would always be there.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Mynd44:
Can of worms.

People are more likely to react to things that affect either their finances, tribe/race, religous beliefs, political affiliations etc.

It is human nature really and I dont hold it against anyone.

The people who are sentimental over this ladys' case were possibly quiet on Kayode because he is a guy, it is not about Hijab etc.
Who are the sentimental people here, pro hijab or anti- hijab? Just asking because the two sides are sentimental here. And again, I'm pro hijab here, and I wasn't quiet on the issue of Kayode Bello. In fact, I was enraged just like many other Nigerians. Abeg, shift!
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by shams040(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Flash!
Nigerian LAW School will meet on hijab controversy, after public outcry
-Ukekwe Chinedu, spokesperson for the Law School confirms meeting is planned for next week.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2017
Beta talk my boda, but re referring to bobrisky in 3rd to d last paragraph
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by olarid01: 8:41am On Dec 17, 2017
biacan:
No one is stop the Muslim woman from covering her body but she must respect the law

Law? What law? Can you please state categorically where in our constitution was it stated that Hijab shouldn't be worn? In fact, by denying her, they are going against the law themselve. But may be I'm wrong, do show me where it is written in THE LAW
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by GameGod(m): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2017
seunmsg:
I completely endorse the message of the writer. Professional ethics should not be sacrificed on the altar of religiosity. Apart from the fact that Nigeria is a secular country, the law profession is a secular one and should not have the imprint of any religion. The law is supposed to be blind to issues such as religion, race, tribe etc.

The law school should steadfastly resist all the attempts to dilute its ethical stand with religious practices. If they give in to the ongoing blackmail, the door of compromise would have been opened for others to follow.

Cc: lalasticlala

oga - what does professional ethics have to do with covering ones head while working?

do you even understand what ethic means at all?
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Adek15:
that's where many people get it wrong. Nigeria was/is not a secular country but a multi religious one and until we start to acknowledge that, this kinda issue would always be there.
Many times, one wonders if these people really understand what they meant by Nigeria is a Secular Country. Secular means that there is no official religion for the country, you practise your religion and practise mine. How has wearing hijabs makes Nigeria a Non Secular Country.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by khristal87(m): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=Bari22 post=63354336]

Can u walk unclad in front of non-muslim women?[/quote
I think u re confused. Go back n read ur ist comment n be more logicalm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Choices You Might End-up Regretting In 10 Years / Cleaner At Lagos Airport Who Returned Money 4 Times Complains Of No Rewards / FG Renames N-Power To Renewed Hope Job Creation Programme (RHJCP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.