Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? (1301 Views)

7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / I'm In Trouble! I've Fallen In Luv With 419 devil On Facebook'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by Salvie(m): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2010
what do you do when u are in love with the wrong person: religious difference, academic divide, ethnic mismatch, just name what makes it wrong,

What did u do?

I thought if life's not fair, you could bleach it, but in this case its pretty difficult.
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by iice(f): 5:58am On Apr 02, 2010
Then you fall out of love undecided
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by ohasol(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2010
iice:

well if i may ask, how do you know is the wrong person cry cry
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by madlady(f): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2010
iice:

You do not pull any punches. But once again you are correct.

Kill that "love" as quickly as possible. It will save you a lot of pain. lipsrsealed
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by iice(f): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
ohasol:

well if i may ask, how do you know is the wrong person cry cry

Salvie:

what do you do when u are in love with the wrong person: religious difference, academic divide, ethnic mismatch, just name what makes it wrong,

@madlady. . .no i don't smiley
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2010
madlady:

You do not pull any punches. But once again you are correct.

Kill that "love" as quickly as possible. It will save you a lot of pain. lipsrsealed

True talk.
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by ayanfemy(f): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2010
yes a couple of tymz
1-religious differences
2-age gap, i was older
3-was a graduate n he has nce
d three tyms, i ended d relationship in my mind first before i tear better race wt flimzy excuse!
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by blueblood1(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2010
@Ohasol: if the love is leading no where serious (long term eg marriage) then there is nothing wrong. But if ure considering long term, then there indeed are wrong people to fall in love with sad

i was, or should  i say, am a victim. i fell truly and deeply in love with someone on a different religious divide.

in my heart, i knew it couldnt work. and ur guess is as good as mine, i tried "preaching" to the person, but, guess we cant just switch faith cos of love undecided

anyways, we still friends and im in  a better and more fulfilling relationship now. cheesy
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by lallafati(f): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2010
Well, i guess you just have to be careful who you allow your heart to fall for,  love is important but it is definitely not enough sometimes. I just came out of a 4 year long relationship in which i truly gave my all. But differences such as religion, culture and other things like handling money (his closet was 3 times my own and shop till you drop was more than a hobby of his), a lack of ambition, disagreements on handling social life and other things that revealed themselves with time made us incompatible. I really believed love could patch up the differences and I just had to make concessions. Well, i ended up distancing myself from my family and friends, alone in world in which he was king. Made too many concessions in the name of love,  Conclusion: religion and culture are fundamental in a relationship esp if marriage and kids are in the plans. But also other things such as values that one cherishes. Also in a healthy committed relationship you should be able to be your own person, blossoming and developing into a better individual,  not trying to fit a mold to please the other person, unless the change and the reshaping comes from within you.
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by ohasol(m): 7:04am On Apr 03, 2010
blue_blood:

@Ohasol: if the love is leading no where serious (long term eg marriage) then there is nothing wrong. But if ure considering long term, then there indeed are wrong people to fall in love with sad

i was, or should i say, am a victim. i fell truly and deeply in love with someone on a different religious divide.

in my heart, i knew it couldnt work. and your guess is as good as mine, i tried "preaching" to the person, but, guess we cant just switch faith cos of love undecided

anyways, we still friends and im in a better and more fulfilling relationship now. cheesy
your right hmm, but considering long term as you said, how would religion be a problem between both of you cool cool
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by xamphara: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2010
yes , i once fell in love with a lady, then i was an apprenice at a upholstery guy's place, we discuss well with her and after sometyme, things begin happen, had to call it quits cos she's someones wyf

2nd was with an igbo gal; she was everything a woman, she had many bad behaviuors that was coded, when her basket was full, i had empty it somewhere.

the third was an overchurcheous gal wh never aloud me touch her or even see the koko for any reason, we loved each other but we werent th best of coupleable entities, she requested for a leave and i gave a red card. it hurt me real but , wetin man go do
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by Pweety4me(f): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ever fallen in-love?
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by lallafati(f): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2010
Pweety4me:

Ever fallen in-love?

Never fallen in love??
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by Mmmbop: 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2010
Salvie:

I thought if life's not fair, you could bleach it, but in this case its pretty difficult.
Thankyou for making my day cheesy
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by Salvie(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2010
lallafati:

Well, i guess you just have to be careful who you allow your heart to fall for,  love is important but it is definitely not enough sometimes. I just came out of a 4 year long relationship in which i truly gave my all. But differences such as religion, culture and other things like handling money (his closet was 3 times my own and shop till you drop was more than a hobby of his), a lack of ambition, disagreements on handling social life and other things that revealed themselves with time made us incompatible. I really believed love could patch up the differences and I just had to make concessions. Well, i ended up distancing myself from my family and friends, alone in world in which he was king. Made too many concessions in the name of love,  Conclusion: religion and culture are fundamental in a relationship esp if marriage and kids are in the plans. But also other things such as values that one cherishes. Also in a healthy committed relationship you should be able to be your own person, blossoming and developing into a better individual,  not trying to fit a mold to please the other person, unless the change and the reshaping comes from within you.

Thank you so much Lallafati. This' quite helpful for me
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by invisible2(m): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2010
I can't fall for the wrong person. The first talks should warn me if its worth the effort to continue. No I can't fall for the wrong person.
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by lallafati(f): 3:14am On Apr 07, 2010
Salvie:

Thank you so much Lallafati. This' quite helpful for me

Sure,  if you're actually wondering about if he is right or not, just be careful. Don't compromise on values that you know are important to you and to how you live/would ideally like to live your life. There are some things you just can't/shouldnt compromise on,  I learned the hard way. It will just come and bite you in the back. Be flexible, but don't bend too much. For me for example, I use to strongly believe looks dont matter, it is the guys heart that does and i will love, care for, respect, and be there for him no matter what. Well, I truly did for 4 years, but towards the end, I did it without really wanting to do it, merely out of wanting to stay true to my promises and words, I felt burnt from trying too much, giving too much, standing too much. It tires and wears you out, and you got nothing left emotionally. Now I know better. Things I will not compromise on: has to be christian (like truly, in his heart and actions, not just by name), has to be ambitious and driven (I am, so there is no reason why he shouldn't be, that's a biggy, you don't want to spend your time trying to get your bf off the couch), he has to be generous, someone who likes to do good to others without necessarily expecting something in return, he has to be the kind of person who takes commitments and responsibilities seriously, not just brushing them off when there are not convenient anymore. Everything else, I can deal with it and pray about it. Don't worry there is someone out there just for the kind of person that you are.
Re: Ever Fallen In Love With The Wrong Person? by lallafati(f): 3:16am On Apr 07, 2010
Sorry Salvie, just realized you're are HE, my bad lol. Hope it still makes sense either way wink

(1) (Reply)

Astrology In Relationship / close this acct Seun / Husband Kill Wife In Isolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.