Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage (757 Views)

Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) / My Thoughts On Long Term Relationship / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage by Doorstop: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
1. Take care of yourself first!!! You cannot count on anyone -- especially any romantic interest -- to stick by you if you get sick or lose your job. Therefore, do everything in your power to make sure you stay fit and healthy(both physically and financially).

2. Don't slack off even if you're in a long term relationship. She'll expect you to ignore her physical decline but she sure as hell won't ignore yours. Good diet, exercise and going to the gym is actually more important for guys in long term relationships.

3. Don't play her game. Being a strong male is way more important than cheap romantic gestures. She wants a strong Alpha not a weak emotional guy with roses.

4. Do not invest in any relationship with a woman until she proves she's worthy.

5. If she's externally motivated, run! If she's excessively concerned about what her friends and colleagues think, she's not relationship material. This type of girl is expensive and never satisfied.

6. It's a good thing for a woman to have goals. However, talk is cheap, if a woman is all talk and hasn't actually executed she's not relationship material. Getting what you want takes work and sacrifice. If she has a history of not putting in the work and not enduring the requisite sacrifice to reach her stated goals she's not worth your time, effort, or investment.

7. Stay away from damaged women. If she's been abused and/or traumatized, be empathetic but write her off as a serious prospect. Yes this is cold but very important for self-preservation.

8. If her mother is an objectionable person, run. If her mother is a dishonest, grasping, materialistic objectionable person, run faster. I believe, we all know where this is going.

9. If she claims to be nothing like her mother look for proof that she is indeed different. DON'T JUST TAKE HER WORD FOR IT!!! The proof must encompass a very significant amount of time and must involve serious effort on her part.

10. Stay away from women who claim they're "not like those other girls". She's most likely either lying or deluding herself. If she has a history of being dishonest, greedy, and self centered she's just like those other girls (if not worse).

11. Stay away from women who are always making excuses. Life requires effort to overcome obstacles. If she has a history of being derailed by minor obstacles, she's not relationship material. Especially if she's smart person and therefore, could have with a little effort, easily negotiated her way around or over life's little obstacles.

12. If she has a history of substance abuse, run! Even an eating disorder counts. If she can't control what she puts into her body how can she be trusted with anything.

Remember guys, if you want a happy life with a woman, you have to choose a woman with deeply ingrained middle class values (i.e. internally motivated, strong work ethic, truly values honesty, willing to delay gratification). Women should be an addition to our lives, not the focus of it.
Re: Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage by hopeforcharles(m): 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Guy oh which lady will u not find with one of this issues?
You better take clay and mould a new lady,

What I believe is this, show her love but be a man who should know when to take a stand and make steps to improve her or modify her to your taste.
Re: Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage by Doorstop: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
hopeforcharles:
Guy oh which lady will u not find with one of this issues?
You better take clay and mould a new lady,

What I believe is this, show her love but be a man who should know when to take a stand and make steps to improve her or modify her to your taste.
Yes no woman checks all these boxes. But if she checks about 3-4 of these boxes, things could go well.

And how do u modify or improve a grown up lady who wasn't raised right? Or a damaged woman? Some of the things on the list are red flags that should be avoided completely.
Re: Guys, Things You Should Consider Before A Long Term Relationship Or Marriage by Chuknovski(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
just what I need thanks

(1) (Reply)

Sex Doll Drama / I Am Super Bored Tonight.. / Lady Slams Friend's Boyfriend On Facebook; Advice Independent Women To Wise Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.