Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (22242 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
Is one's holiness in their dressing?Good for them o,wetin concern me,everybody to their kettle.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by bademikky(m): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
This why their women are 40 before getting married and again their University fee has increase what is the different between them and other churches doctrine has blind folded them tell them all

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by chiwex(m): 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jesus did emphasis on this things. Remember he ate with sinners. We should start to amend ways to be acceptable to God
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by kelzgie: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
Check out for fact where you aren't cleared or where I'm not correct.

Deeper Christian Life Ministry was established in 1987 to formalise Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC) started in 1973 by a mathematical Don, W. F. Kumuyi bore 1941.
Got born again in 1964.

As a man who lived his youthful years going to church without being fulfilled because of the shallow massages been preached, decided to create time from his lecturing work to dig deeper into the word of God with 15 people who desired to know more.

Their aim wasn't to form a church as there were no Sunday service as at then, (everyone goes to their church on Sunday) only Bible study on Mondays. However this change when they eventually turned it to a church and later a ministry.

The main reason for its formation has not changed from "Your Spiritual Welfare is Our Concern". Their aim is to go deeper in the things of God, hence the name deeper life. So whatever is necessary to maintain the focus is welcome, hence the church doctrine.

The church has 22 doctrines which they emphasis every meeting days, however there are other unwritten doctrines which also help in upholding the holiness nature of the church.

Yeah HOLINESS! People say the members of this church are claiming to be holier than others, sorry it's not their fault. They are told to do everything everyday to be holy, because it's the only passport to making Heaven at the end of their life on earth. The Bible says follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man will see the Lord.

Now, to make sure holiness is pursued to the end, certain things which are not evil on its own but has a tendency of evil are to be avoided. The Bible says abstains from every appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22.

Some of these things are as follows :

1:- Television. Then television was the major source of phonography, contradicting adverts etc. So, to avoid certain things, don't watch. However, with the advancement of technology, Internet and phones, television became a child’s play. You know better now.... Live broadcasting of the gospel.

2:- Opposite sex visitation. The church doesn't encourage opposite sex visiting each other, WHY? To avoid Fornication. This gave room to one of the strict doctrine of the church on marriage. It got to a point that if you tell the marriage committee that you've visited the one you want to marry, that the church won't wed you people again..... This is what the pastor intend to change (before he leaves earth) ie. Your wedding can't just be stopped because of things that can be overlooked (didn't lead to Sin).

3:- Dressing Pattern. Yeah Dressing! For holiness sake, everyone must cover their unclothedness. No sensitive part of the body is allowed to be seen raw skin, see through or by shape. Dressing for holiness and for smartness at work is what drives dressing pattern. Anything aside these are not allowed.

4:- Drinking of Alcohol. Nothing is wrong with drinking moderately as encourage in the Bible but to avoid being drunk it's not encourage in the church. Alcohol has done more harm than good. Many can't control what they take in hence gets drunk often. Like you know, people see drunks as irresponsible people.... And who wants to teach their children to be drunk? Not deeper life people. I like Gen 9:21 and Prov 31:4,6

5:- Money. Money answereth all things. Yeah MONEY. You need money to run an organization/ministry. However money isn't the church priority. They preach less about it and don't emphasis it much. Tithes and offerings and vows are the only mean of raising money in the church, and all this means are thought to be done willingly and cheerfully. No register is kept for any giver.

In conclusion, the church isn't the world. Things mustn't be done to please the world lovers. The mission of the church is to bring people to God.

Tell your pastor to tell you more of God's kingdom and how to get there after life here on earth.
God bless us all.
Lol.. Wow!!! I guess Yu are a member.. U shud be in the retreat not writing this.. But kudos.. You wrote well... Nice piece.. 'Holiness'

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by mildflame: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hmmm those days wey Popsi de take us boys to Gbagada while Momsi de enter 4square with our baby sister... Deeper life was n still a reference point 4me

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by BAMMZ(m): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
Missanneb:
Good evening Everyone....sorry for disturbing.. Please guys I need a place to stay... My boyfriend threw me out yesterday cause of this new girl.. Am new in lagos really don't have anyfriends... Any assistance I can get will be really appreciated... Thanks in anticipation. Good Samaritans can reach me via Missd5041@outlook.com
Go back home please.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ProjectNaija(m): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
My big problem with them and most other Nigerian churches is that the greatest and most important commandment of Jesus which is loving your fellow man is missing from their core doctrines. This makes me wonder if they are truly following christ as they all claim.

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by tete7000(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Children are the only ones forced to do things, adults are given options and allowed to make their choice. After all said, salvation is a personal thing, not a collective affair. Each person stand alone before his creator to give account of his life.

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by bedspread: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
I was in Deeper life for 20 good years...
I taught as a youth bible study teacher before I left in 2004.
DLBC IS a Confirmed Holiness Preaching Church...
A Bible Believing Church anytime Anyday...

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by dtruth50: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
I like these christians. their way of life is close to that of Islam
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by seunlayi(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
Thank God that even those who has left the church can still testify

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Samponmis(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
frosbel2
All about one MAN instead of God himself.
I pray to God to give u more understanding.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Modupeolatemi01(f): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Go back to ur parents house. I'm sure u have a relation who has a house even if it is outside Lagos. Ur bf did d right thing u shouldn't be k red saving with ur bf in d first place. Bf u said not husband. Sorry to sound mean but that's d pure truth and say no to such acts in d future. While doing that I pray u will find help from God himself the 'help of the helpless' before u fall into d wrong hands while desperately seeking for help here on nairaland. FYI I'm a woman like u n I'm not saying I'm better than you. Hope u get d intent of my msg? Shalom.

Missanneb:
Good evening
Everyone....sorry for disturbing..
Please guys I need a place to stay...
My boyfriend threw me out yesterday cause of this new girl..
Am new in lagos really don't have anyfriends...
Any assistance I can get will be really appreciated...
Thanks in anticipation.
Good Samaritans can reach me via
Missd5041@outlook.com

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
sure I am.
lalasticlala you are invited

i will not read, because your member that lives in the street where i stay are evil. They dont show forth the love of Christ in their attitude towards others that are not deeper life members. if you are not their member, you are a sinner! mind you, i dont give a hoot about what you say or quote.

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Modupeolatemi01(f): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
Go back to ur parents house. I'm sure u have a relation who has a house even if it is outside Lagos. Ur bf did d right thing u shouldn't be Living with ur bf in d first place. Bf u said not husband. Sorry to sound mean but that's d pure truth and say no to such acts in d future. While doing that I pray u will find help from God himself the 'help of the helpless' before u fall into d wrong hands while desperately seeking for help here on nairaland. FYI I'm a woman like u n I'm not saying I'm better than you. Hope u get d intent of my msg? Shalom.

Missanneb:
Good evening
Everyone....sorry for disturbing..
Please guys I need a place to stay...
My boyfriend threw me out yesterday cause of this new girl..
Am new in lagos really don't have anyfriends...
Any assistance I can get will be really appreciated...
Thanks in anticipation.
Good Samaritans can reach me via
Missd5041@outlook.com

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by arrestdarrester: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
The problem of most organizations has nothing to do with laws. Application or implementation is where the spirit behind the law is seen
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Deeper life and their doctrines

They've forgotten that these doctrines are man made

Some of those doctrines are just too extreme

Serving God requires alot of willing sacrifices. Its never easy thats why His Grace is always there. You dont expect to serve God and be comfortable. The doctrines may be extreme, but its worth your Salvation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by uvalued(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
I wish the holiness mantra in dlc would have caused raising from the dead but no... Heaven minded but earthly useless? that is what Christ came to give u according to dlc ...am not interested

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by cantok(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
OAM4J
Moderators take this to the front-page so many will see it. I actually don't like people talking about what they don't really know well.
I do tell people, if you think a church isn't comfortable for your liken, it's better to leave. Leave without trying to take people with you or try pulling it down. Since you didn't build the church you can't pull it down no matter how you try.

Change is the only constant phenomena, however the word of God is not allowed to change since God does not change. Cheers.
The established churches have belligerent agents everywhere and are challenged by the Pentecostal churches. So hate speeches and sabotage is always awaiting any church that has destroyed oppressive teachings of the Orthodox churches.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:

Deeper Christian Life Ministry was established in 1987 to formalise Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC) started in 1973 by a mathematical Don, W. F. Kumuyi bore 1941.
Got born again in 1964.

As a man who lived his youthful years going to church without being fulfilled because of the shallow massages been preached, decided to create time from his lecturing work to dig deeper into the word of God with 15 people who desired to know more.

Their aim wasn't to form a church as there were no Sunday service as at then, (everyone goes to their church on Sunday) only Bible study on Mondays. However this change when they eventually turned it to a church and later a ministry.

The main reason for its formation has not changed from "Your Spiritual Welfare is Our Concern". Their aim is to go deeper in the things of God, hence the name deeper life. So whatever is necessary to maintain the focus is welcome, hence the church doctrine.

The church has 22 doctrines which they emphasis every meeting days, however there are other unwritten doctrines which also help in upholding the holiness nature of the church.

Yeah HOLINESS! People say the members of this church are claiming to be holier than others, sorry it's not their fault. They are told to do everything everyday to be holy, because it's the only passport to making Heaven at the end of their life on earth. The Bible says follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man will see the Lord.

Now, to make sure holiness is pursued to the end, certain things which are not evil on its own but has a tendency of evil are to be avoided. The Bible says abstains from every appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22.

1:- Television. Then television was the major source of phonography, contradicting adverts etc. So, to avoid certain things, don't watch. However, with the advancement of technology, Internet and phones, television became a child’s play. You know better now.... Live broadcasting of the gospel.

Do they now allow the watching of TV?

2:- Opposite sex visitation. The church doesn't encourage opposite sex visiting each other, WHY? To avoid Fornication. This gave room to one of the strict doctrine of the church on marriage. It got to a point that if you tell the marriage committee that you've visited the one you want to marry, that the church won't wed you people again..... This is what the pastor intend to change (before he leaves earth) ie. Your wedding can't just be stopped because of things that can be overlooked (didn't lead to Sin).

He wants to change the visitation-annuls-marriage policy?

3:- Dressing Pattern. Yeah Dressing! For holiness sake, everyone must cover their unclothedness. No sensitive part of the body is allowed to be seen raw skin, see through or by shape. Dressing for holiness and for smartness at work is what drives dressing pattern. Anything aside these are not allowed.

Good one, but the church shouldn't set rules on that. Give the counsel and allow people to show there love for God by heeding the counsel.

4:- Drinking of Alcohol. Nothing is wrong with drinking moderately as encourage in the Bible but to avoid being drunk it's not encourage in the church. Alcohol has done more harm than good. Many can't control what they take in hence gets drunk often. Like you know, people see drunks as irresponsible people.... And who wants to teach their children to be drunk? Not deeper life people. I like Gen 9:21 and Prov 31:4,6

Give counsel against drunkenness, and point out the harm associated with drunkenness, but setting rules that no one should take alcohol because of the harm it caused for those who abuse it, is going beyond your authority I think. That an item could be abused doesn't make the item bad in itself. Again, i don't think we have the right to ban what God allows. Jesus took alcohol. The effort might be good intentioned, but we have to be careful not to exceed our limit of authority.

5:- Money. Money answereth all things. Yeah MONEY. You need money to run an organization/ministry. However money isn't the church priority. They preach less about it and don't emphasis it much. Tithes and offerings and vows are the only mean of raising money in the church, and all this means are thought to be done willingly and cheerfully. No register is kept for any giver.

Good one. Some call names of donors. That is wrong.

In conclusion, the church isn't the world. Things mustn't be done to please the world lovers. The mission of the church is to bring people to God.

Never do things to please the world. But care should be taken so that while trying to maintain holiness, you dont devise your own definition of holiness. That is what I have observed about DLC.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by EPAINYOU: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
njokuuche77:

Serving God requires alot of willing sacrifices. Its never easy thats why His Grace is always there. You dont expect to serve God and be comfortable.

So we should serve God and be uncomfortable with the burden of doctrines made by man?

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Themandator: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
There is no strategy for making heaven other than accepting the free gift of salvation that the cross offers. It is SALVATION from Jesus Christ death and resurrection that guarantees anyone a place in heaven.

Whosoever believes is saved....when the scripture says work out your salvation it is saying, work out your belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the word.... Fear of missing heaven will lead many,like Job and his morbid fear,to actually miss it.

That was how a guy was arguing about women and trousers and I told him it was actually for women in Jesus times that Jesus never wore one....he come shut up

ricsman:

Got born again in 1964.

Tell your pastor to tell you more of God's kingdom and how to get there after life here on earth.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by vineyardfarms: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
PLEASE, I NEED TO KNOW IF TITHE CARDS OR REGISTERS BEING USED BY SOME CHURCHES TO MONITOR OR TO KEEP TRACK OF TITHIERS BIBLICAL PLEASE WITH REFERENCE TO THE HOLY BIBLE.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
EPAINYOU:

So we should serve God and be uncomfortable with the burden of doctrines made by man?

How do you want to serve God?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
njokuuche77:

Serving God requires alot of willing sacrifices. Its never easy thats why His Grace is always there. You dont expect to serve God and be comfortable. The doctrines may be extreme, but its worth your Salvation.

The question is, are all there policies bible based or human policy of what holiness is?

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by EPAINYOU: 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
njokuuche77:

How do you want to serve God?

Are there no commandments from Christ is the bible? Read your bible and you will see how.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
JMAN05:

The question is, are all there policies bible based or human policy of what holiness is?

In as much as every church have its doctrine, the road to salvation is never smooth.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
EPAINYOU:

Are there no commandments from Christ is the bible? Read your bible and you will see how.

Are you keeping the commandments?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Kereokwu(f): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
I may not be a member but I believe and practice the principles of deeper life, yes alot may complain this your holy holy is too much but we are commanded to be holy cos Jesus is Holy. I just wonder how they fund the successful retreats.

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Kereokwu:
I may not be a member but I believe and practice the principles of deeper life, yes alot may complain this your holy holy is too much but we are commanded to be holy cos Jesus is Holy. I just wonder how they fund the successful retreats.
You are right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 / On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.