Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (22249 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
Never knew I had some fantastic Bible scholars here. thanks profolaolu, BeReaSonAble and UnchangeableGod. it's good to have you guys here.
To God be the glory!

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
frosbel2:

First of all Deeperlife is not the CHURCH - so called. Deeperlife is a religious organization founded by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi.

Secondly, when you FEAR that MOST of the people who leave the church might have backslidden you are arrogantly assuming that your church alone possesses the undiluted truth and is the holiest in doctrine and practice amongst others. You guys act and think like the Jehova Witnesses, Mormons or Christian Scientologists who think that their religion is exclusive to others and that their leader is next to God himself. This is CULTIC. Just because someone has left your religious organization does not mean that they have left Christ, in fact, they may even have left to be closer to Christ. When I decided to leave the deeper life church they completely cut off from my family even though at the time we still professed Christ. This is exactly what CULTs do. Christ is not about ONE MAN's religious empire.

Lastly, when you say you are more responsible for those of your fold, right there, you bring in DIVISION to the ONE FOLD of Christ. There should, in theory, be ONE CHURCH and ONE FOLD. All believers should be those of your fold and not just those who follow Pastor Kumuyi.

Bottom line is that anybody who leaves Deeperlife should expect to be slandered, they should also expect to be ostracized while other members are warned to avoid them like a plague. If this is what you guys call Christianity, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

The deeper life false humility is not humility at all, it is a subtle pride of being the best and most holy church in the land which is PRIDE.
Your comments here despite my objective and unsentimental explanation shows your deep hatred for Deeper Life Bible Church. But it doesn't change anything. I heard a lot of unprintable things people used to say and still say about this Church yet it did not stop me joining after I became born again. Despite all the negative propaganda against Deeper Life, multitudes in search of the truth including those who once were critical of the Church and their principles are becoming members on a weekly basis. However, being a member is not enough, repenting from sin, accepting Christ as Lord and personal Saviour and living a Christian life as taught by Christ and His apostles is what matters. Nobody says that Deeper Life is the only denomination, local Church or Assembly through which a Christian can make it to heaven but this Church stands out by His grace among others. To God be the glory!

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Tell yourself the truth nobody is a saint.
With God all things are possible. If you want to be a saint and as such enjoy eternal bliss with God at the end of this your brief life, He will make you one. Simply repent from your sins, accept Christ as Lord and personal Saviour and God will shower His grace upon you to live like a saint. Saying that nobody is a saint is calling God a liar and that the Bible is not true. Well, that is your business. I am a living saint by His grace. It is not only dead people that can be saints. In fact, one must have been a saint while alive before he/she can be a saint at death (Romans 1:7; Romans 26:2; 1st Corinthians 1:2; 2nd Corinthians 1:1; Ephesians 1:1; 5:3; Philippians 1:1; 4;22; Colossians 1:2). May you and all the other readers become a saint of God today in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
With God all things are possible. If you want to be a saint and as such enjoy eternal bliss with God at the end of this your brief life, He will make you one. Simply repent from your sins, accept Christ as Lord and personal Saviour and God will shower His grace upon you to live like a saint. Saying that nobody is a saint is calling God a liar and that the Bible is not true. Well, that is your business. I am a living saint by His grace. It is not only dead people that can be saints. In fact, one must have been a saint while alive before he/she can be a saint at death (Romans 1:7; Romans 26:2; 1st Corinthians 1:2; 2nd Corinthians 1:1; Ephesians 1:1; 5:3; Philippians 1:1; 4;22; Colossians 1:2). May you and all the other readers become a saint of God today in Jesus' name, Amen.
Abeg he don do.Good for you.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
umuna:

David danced almost naked in the presence of God and Israelites when the ark was being brought back!
King David did not dance almost unclad deliberately. That should not be a standard in the Church or anywhere else for that matter either. If your dad falls down while climbing the stairs, you are not to laugh at him. If you do, it is a sin. But you cannot emulate your father and be falling down while climbing the stairs. King David's wife was punished for deriding her husband ostensibly due to familiarity, pride it both. Cheers.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
you made me laugh and remember Apostle Paul and King Agrippa in acts 26:27
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
you made me laugh and remember Apostle Paul and King Aggrepa
I don't read the bible literally I read it in light of the time it was written.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't read the bible literally I read it in light of the time it was written.
If I understood you, do you mean it doesn't apply to our time?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
If I understood you, do you mean it doesn't apply to our time?
To be sincere yes but not all.To me the old testament is not applicable especially the laws and the new testament to the best of my knowledge was written to address issues concerning the church that is why they are called letter or epistles.But some of them still apply.So to me I read it in light of the time it was written.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
King David did not dance almost unclad deliberately. That should not be a standard in the Church or anywhere else for that matter either. If your dad falls down while climbing the stairs, you are not to laugh at him. If you do, it is a sin. But you cannot emulate your father and be falling down while climbing the stairs. King David's wife was punished for deriding her husband ostensibly due to familiarity, pride it both. Cheers.

But king David knew that the ark was coming in and he made up his mind to dance in the presence of the lord

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:

Please also look up Psalm 150 what it says about using instrument in praising God.

But king David knew that the ark was coming in and he made up his mind to dance in the presence of the lord

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
To be sincere yes but not all.To me the old testament is not applicable especially the laws and the new testament to the best of my knowledge was written to address issues concerning the church that is why they are called letter or epistles.But some of them still apply.So to me I read it in light of the time it was written.
dear, take a look at Romans 15:4 and 2Timothy 3:16.

Jesus came to fulfill the laws and the prophets, hence those fulfilled are settled especially sacrifice.
those that are abominable are still abominable to God because He never change.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
umuna:

Please also look up Psalm 150 what it says about using instrument in praising God.

dear umuna, deeper life bible church uses instrument in their worship, the best you can think of, however they avoid drums and bass guitars because of the sound they make. most of their songs are best played without drums. however
piano, violin, saxophone, trumpets, flute, etc are use
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
dear, take a look at Romans 15:4 and 2Timothy 3:16.

Jesus came to fulfill the laws and the prophets, hence those fulfilled are settled especially sacrifice.
those that are abominable are still abominable to God because He never change.
I don't doubt Jesus but to me the bible is not infallible.I believe it was written by men and it follows the life of the Jews.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't doubt Jesus but to me the bible is not infallible.I believe it was written by men and it follows the life of the Jews.
I doubt if you read those verses, try and do

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The bible is not a novel that expires with time nor a text book that can be modified.every part of the bible is in harmony revealing God's plan.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

This world and its fashion will pass away but God's word and those who do his will abides forever.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
umuna:

Drums are not the only instruments used in praising God. There are flutes, trombones, guitars, pipes, pianos etc. If not because of the effects of drumming on the spiritual health of worshippers, we would include them. We should praise God as well as ensure our spiritual health. It must be balanced. If not, one would praise God and end up sinning against the same God. It is not wise. I am not surprised that some people would not agree with us on this. Even if there is drum beating where you worship, you should be able as a Christian, if you are one, to reason along with us on this. It is not about Deeper Life Bible Church versus other Churches. It is about the soundness of worship. Some people on this forum are apparently atheists, non Christians and backsliders whose pastime is to drive a wedge between Churches and see how to hinder others from entering the Kingdom because they are not willing to enter themselves. But thanks be to God that people can read between the lines.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
I doubt if you read those verses, try and do
I never doubted the bible until I read some verses in the bible that felt absurd to me.Then later on I began to research on some history about the bible and Christianity and my doubt increased I am actually on a cross road so as for now I really don't know.So then I looked into the reasons of theologians,biblical scholars and apologists I know a lot about the bible I still read it but it doesn't inspire me.I believe everybody has a right to what they believe so it is a free world.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I never doubted the bible until I read some verses in the bible that felt absurd to me.Then later on I began to research on some history about the bible and Christianity and my doubt increased I am actually on a cross road so as for now I really don't know.So then I looked into the reasons of theologians,biblical scholars and apologists I know a lot about the bible I still read it but it doesn't inspire me.I believe everybody has a right to what they believe so it is a free world.
Since you know all these, I leave you to God. cheers
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
solite3:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The bible is not a novel that expires with time nor a text book that can be modified.every part of the bible is in harmony revealing God's plan.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

This world and its fashion will pass away but God's word and those who do his will abides forever.
I sincerely doubt it sir,If not there won't be other religions also I am not a fundamentalist whatever religion works for you no problem it is a free world people are free to believe in what they want.I have always read the bible but some verses makes no sense to me.I began to research about Christianity and the bible and my doubts increased.I am currently at a cross road and I still read the bible but it doesn't inspire me and I am no atheist or agnostic but I sincerely believe in God.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
Since you know all these, I leave you to God. cheers
Thank you and I pray God helps me.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
The Bible can only make spiritual sense to you if you have tested Calvary. Those theologians, Bible scholars and apologists can not interprete the Bible in such a way that it can draw you closer to God because most them, sorry to say, are not born again. May the Lord Himself help to settle those confusions in your mind in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Heaven or hell is a choice. God wants you in heaven. Christ died for you for that purpose. Don't choose otherwise.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Heaven or hell is a choice. God wants you in heaven. Christ died for you for that purpose. Don't choose otherwise.
I don't believe in it.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
The Bible can only make spiritual sense to you if you have tested Calvary. Those theologians, Bible scholars and apologists can not interprete the Bible in such a way that it can draw you closer to God because most them, sorry to say, are not born again. May the Lord Himself help to settle those confusions in your mind in Jesus' name, Amen.
It is not just to refute it these are historical facts.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't believe in it.
Your refusal to believe doesn't change anything. If you believe and later it turns out that heaven and hell fire do not exist, you would have nothing to lose. On the other hand, if you don't believe and you later die (which you certainly will) only to discover to your chagrin, that hell fire exists, you would have made an ETERNAL MISTAKE which you would regret for the rest of eternity!

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Your refusal to believe doesn't change anything. If you believe and later it turns out that heaven and hell fire do not exist, you would have nothing to lose. On the other hand, if you don't believe and you later die (which you certainly will) only to discover to your chagrin, that hell fire exists, you would have made an ETERNAL MISTAKE which you would regret for the rest of eternity!
Do spirits burn do you think an all loving God would burn his people in hell.Except if hell has different departments because some people would commit a sin here others would commit it on the other side.The only story I know of the devil in the bible is the one with job and the devil met with God.Hell in the bible is referred to as sheol and gehenna in Hebrew and Hades in Greek and in no where in it's reference did anybody burn as it is believed to be a place for the dead. sometimes it is good to think critically but what do I know nothing as long as it concerns religion I know nothing.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Do spirits burn do you think an all loving God would burn his people in hell.Except if hell has different departments because some people would commit a sin here others would commit it on the other side.The only story I know of the devil in the bible is the one with job and the devil met with God.Hell in the bible is referred to as sheol and gehenna in Hebrew and Hades in Greek and in no where in it's reference did anybody burn as it is believed to be a place for the dead. sometimes it is good to think critically but what do I know nothing as long as it concerns religion I know nothing.
Those in hell fire have a spiritual body that can burn yet the person will not be consumed (Mark 9:43-48). Yes, God will not allow His children, who have repented of their sins, accepted Christ's sacrifice on their behalf and are living to please Him daily to burn in hell fire. Such are already saved, rescued and delivered from the wrath to come (1st Thessalonians 1:10). But those who refuse to repent, who are adamant and die as sinners have already made a choice for hell fire. It is not God that sent them there. They are not His children. They are children of Satan ( John 8:44; 1st John 3:cool. Let me tell you - hell has two different meanings in the Scriptures - one as grave and the other as a place of torment. Jehovah's Witnesses choose to refer to hell as only the place of the dead. You are wrong in saying that no place did anyone burn in the Bible. Jesus Christ, the embodiment of truth and love, Who came to this world to save those who are willing and who believe, preached about hell fire more than any other preacher in the Bible. He cannot be lying.
Hell as a place of everlasting torment for unrepentant sinners is written all over the Scriptures of truth that cannot be broken (Psalms 9:17; Luke 12:4,5; 16:19-31; Matthew 23:33; 25:41,46; 2nd Peter 2:15-17; Jude 1:12,13; Revelations 20:13-15; 21:cool etc. You have a choice to repent and believe the gospel or refuse. The eternal consequences are also yours. I pray you and all those reading this choose rightly and that today I J N , Amen.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I sincerely doubt it sir,[b]If not there won't be other religions [/b]also I am not a fundamentalist whatever religion works for you no problem it is a free world people are free to believe in what they want.I have always read the bible but some verses makes no sense to me.I began to research about Christianity and the bible and my doubts increased.I am currently at a cross road and I still read the bible but it doesn't inspire me and I am no atheist or agnostic but I sincerely believe in God.
@ bold presence of other religion, is that why you are sceptical about the bible.
What were your research? What were your findings?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2017
solite3:
@ bold presence of other religion, is that why you are sceptical about the bible.
What were your research? What were your findings?
Please sir the internet is always there for research.I was skeptical when I read it myself
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Just to chip in one last thing about the bible.
The Bible is the best book ever written
Written by holy men of God who had His Spirit
To teach us how to live a holy life like HE does
So that we can meet HIM in holy Heaven.

Every other books, printed or on net may not have the inspiration from God to become a reference point for HIS children.
Many misleading information about God and Jesus Christ are best selling books easily access on internet (in the name of research). Deuteronomy 29:29

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2017
ricsman:
Just to chip in one last thing about the bible.
The Bible is the best book ever written
Written by holy men of God who had His Spirit
To teach us how to live a holy life like HE does
So that we can meet HIM in holy Heaven.

Every other books, printed or on net may not have the inspiration from God to become a reference point for HIS children.
Many misleading information about God and Jesus Christ are best selling books easily access on internet (in the name of research). Deuteronomy 29:29
That is what they always say but the facts are there the contradictions are there,let it inspire you but it doesn't inspire me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice / Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.