Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,055 members, 7,956,943 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (22885 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by EPAINYOU: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
njokuuche77:

Are you keeping the commandments?

As much as I can. So I don't need another burden from any man.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Leke001: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
this sure remains one stand out church I can identify with...I'm yet to see another gathering where the depth of God's word is so prioritized than Deeper Life.I love them,and respect the man of God there.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by amzee(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
Missanneb:
Good evening Everyone....sorry for disturbing.. Please guys I need a place to stay... My boyfriend threw me out yesterday cause of this new girl.. Am new in lagos really don't have anyfriends... Any assistance I can get will be really appreciated... Thanks in anticipation. Good Samaritans can reach me via Missd5041@outlook.com
Move into my house as soon as possible.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by njokuuche77(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
EPAINYOU:

As much as I can. So I don't need another burden from any man.
May God help us all, Amen.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Themandator: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
bedspread:
I was in Deeper life for 20 good years...
I taught as a youth bible study teacher before I left in 2004.
DLBC IS a Confirmed Holiness Preaching Church...
A Bible Believing Church anytime Anyday...

Why, then, did you leave

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by arrestdarrester: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Themandator:

Why, then, did you leave

I also left a long while back. I still thank God I did. I have Deeper Life neighbors today. They still give me reasons to thank God that I left when I did
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Themandator: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
arrestdarrester:

I also left a long while back. I still thank God I did. I have Deeper Life neighbors today. They still give me reasons to thank God that I left when I did

Give me reason. Why did you leave?

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ijoba22(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
Chykeboss:
oga is 'ur spiritual welfare is our concern' not warfare pls make d necessary correction
whaat is this 1 saying
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by EPAINYOU: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
njokuuche77:

May God help us all, Amen.

Amen
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Frankenstein90(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
[center][/center] I just love kumuyi...

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by mastermaestro(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
dbynonetwork:
I am glad to be a member..

All those social gatherings /clubs (e.g Christ embassy). should take note.....

I cannot go back....
I am on the right track to heaven..

Deeperlifers are a self-righteous bunch, with dark unmerciful spirits. For you to call out other churches in condemnation shows the kind of person you are and the sort of teaching you have been receiving. JESUS spoke of your type. Heaven isn't for the self-righteous; it's for the broken and merciful. You folks hardly personify JESUS CHRIST in the way you relate with other Christians.

If you were JESUS, that repented murderer at the cross would never get a first class ticket to Heaven. If you were JESUS, that adulterous woman would be stoned to death. But thank GOD you aren't JESUS CHRIST! Self-righteousness is a broader way to hell fire!

3 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Deeper life and their doctrines

They've forgotten that these doctrines are man made

Why in God's name will they tell their members not to watch television and yet they use projectors in their various parishes to view the general overseer's messages

Some of those doctrines are just too extreme
They are only trying to keep up with Titus 2:7
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Is playing of drums and jazz band sinful too?
not in line with what they practice. they like their worship to be in spirit.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Catalyst4real:

Deeper lifers are having retreat and you're here on Nairaland
not really on nairaland but there. hope you attended? you can watch online too.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
not in line with what they practice. they like their worship to be in spirit.
How does worshipping without drum connotes worshipping in spirit?

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
Christane:
deeper lyf girls holy holy z jst 2 much .they wil just b wearing big skirt upandan ..disturbing d peace of d neigbourhood ... preaching to u even wen dy knw u re jst returning 4rm church making u feel like a demon ..wen most of dem go around fvcking demselve in their churches den walk d streets claiming saints.
really? the devil is really out to destroy. Hope you've salvation?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by bedspread: 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
Themandator:

Why, then, did you leave
I MOVED TO A HOTTER LEVEL.... I MOVED TO THE LORDS CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
bademikky:
This why their women are 40 before getting married and again their University fee has increase what is the different between them and other churches doctrine has blind folded them tell them all
really
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
umuna:

i will not read, because your member that lives in the street where i stay are evil. They dont show forth the love of Christ in their attitude towards others that are not deeper life members. if you are not their member, you are a sinner! mind you, i dont give a hoot about what you say or quote.
oh sorry for that, Jesus is the perfect example for anyone
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
JMAN05:

Do they now allow the watching of TV?

it was never really stopped, some still had theirs. They never said the box was a sin, but some of the contents are.

He wants to change the visitation-annuls-marriage policy?

Don't really know, but people marriage won't be stopped unnecessarily by the marriage committee he set up.

Good one, but the church shouldn't set rules on that. Give the counsel and allow people to show there love for God by heeding the counsel.
That's what they do. no body has ever forced me to do or not to do.

Give counsel against drunkenness, and point out the harm associated with drunkenness, but setting rules that no one should take alcohol because of the harm it caused for those who abuse it, is going beyond your authority I think. That an item could be abused doesn't make the item bad in itself. Again, i don't think we have the right to ban what God allows. Jesus took alcohol. The effort might be good intentioned, but we have to be careful not to exceed our limit of authority.
Everyone still has their choices here too.

Good one. Some call names of donors. That is wrong.
ok

Never do things to please the world. But care should be taken so that while trying to maintain holiness, you dont devise your own definition of holiness. That is what I have observed about DLC.
was your observation from within or outside.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Themandator:
There is no strategy for making heaven other than accepting the free gift of salvation that the cross offers. It is SALVATION from Jesus Christ death and resurrection that guarantees anyone a place in heaven.

Whosoever believes is saved....when the scripture says work out your salvation it is saying, work out your belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the word.... Fear of missing heaven will lead many,like Job and his morbid fear,to actually miss it.

That was how a guy was arguing about women and trousers and I told him it was actually for women in Jesus times that Jesus never wore one....he come shut up

yes, get salvation and maintain holiness
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

How does worshipping without drum connotes worshipping in spirit?
You won't know still you know. All I can tell you is that they have a worship pattern
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by fabre4: 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
bedspread:
I was in Deeper life for 20 good years...
I taught as a youth bible study teacher before I left in 2004.
DLBC IS a Confirmed Holiness Preaching Church...
A Bible Believing Church anytime Anyday...
So why did u leave then
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Veraatabeh(f): 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
dbynonetwork:
I am glad to be a member..

All those social gatherings /clubs (e.g Christ embassy). should take note.....

I cannot go back....
I am on the right track to heaven..
wats ur problem wit Christ embassy must every one be nd act like ur church, Pls mind ur business
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Themandator: 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
yes, get salvation and maintain holiness

Okay, can you help with a list of means of maintaining holiness that you know of....luke dos and don't
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by bedspread: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
fabre4:

So why did u leave then
I MOVED ON TO A HOTTER LEVEL.... I AM PRESENTLY A CHOSEN... THE LORDS CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
You won't know still you know. All I can tell you is that they have a worship pattern
On what scriptural basis?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by BeReaSonAble(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Themandator:

Okay, can you help with a list of means of maintaining holiness that you know of....luke dos and don't
If you want to know then go to where it's preached

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Makuos: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
ricsman:
Check out for fact where you aren't cleared or where I'm not correct.

Deeper Christian Life Ministry was established in 1987 to formalise Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC) started in 1973 by a mathematical Don, W. F. Kumuyi bore 1941.
Got born again in 1964.

As a man who lived his youthful years going to church without being fulfilled because of the shallow massages been preached, decided to create time from his lecturing work to dig deeper into the word of God with 15 people who desired to know more.

Their aim wasn't to form a church as there were no Sunday service as at then, (everyone goes to their church on Sunday) only Bible study on Mondays. However this change when they eventually turned it to a church and later a ministry.

The main reason for its formation has not changed from "Your Spiritual Welfare is Our Concern". Their aim is to go deeper in the things of God, hence the name deeper life. So whatever is necessary to maintain the focus is welcome, hence the church doctrine.

The church has 22 doctrines which they emphasis every meeting days, however there are other unwritten doctrines which also help in upholding the holiness nature of the church.

Yeah HOLINESS! People say the members of this church are claiming to be holier than others, sorry it's not their fault. They are told to do everything everyday to be holy, because it's the only passport to making Heaven at the end of their life on earth. The Bible says follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man will see the Lord.

Now, to make sure holiness is pursued to the end, certain things which are not evil on its own but has a tendency of evil are to be avoided. The Bible says abstains from every appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22.

Some of these things are as follows :

1:- Television. Then television was the major source of phonography, contradicting adverts etc. So, to avoid certain things, don't watch. However, with the advancement of technology, Internet and phones, television became a child’s play. You know better now.... Live broadcasting of the gospel.

2:- Opposite sex visitation. The church doesn't encourage opposite sex visiting each other, WHY? To avoid Fornication. This gave room to one of the strict doctrine of the church on marriage. It got to a point that if you tell the marriage committee that you've visited the one you want to marry, that the church won't wed you people again..... This is what the pastor intend to change (before he leaves earth) ie. Your wedding can't just be stopped because of things that can be overlooked (didn't lead to Sin).

3:- Dressing Pattern. Yeah Dressing! For holiness sake, everyone must cover their unclothedness. No sensitive part of the body is allowed to be seen raw skin, see through or by shape. Dressing for holiness and for smartness at work is what drives dressing pattern. Anything aside these are not allowed.

4:- Drinking of Alcohol. Nothing is wrong with drinking moderately as encourage in the Bible but to avoid being drunk it's not encourage in the church. Alcohol has done more harm than good. Many can't control what they take in hence gets drunk often. Like you know, people see drunks as irresponsible people.... And who wants to teach their children to be drunk? Not deeper life people. I like Gen 9:21 and Prov 31:4,6

5:- Money. Money answereth all things. Yeah MONEY. You need money to run an organization/ministry. However money isn't the church priority. They preach less about it and don't emphasis it much. Tithes and offerings and vows are the only mean of raising money in the church, and all this means are thought to be done willingly and cheerfully. No register is kept for any giver.

In conclusion, the church isn't the world. Things mustn't be done to please the world lovers. The mission of the church is to bring people to God.

Tell your pastor to tell you more of God's kingdom and how to get there after life here on earth.
God bless us all.

Oga, on the issue of alcohol, you got it wrong. Bible clearly condemned drinking of alcohol not even a moderate of it. Study your bible!!!

Jesus performed His first miracle at a wedding in Cana when He turned the water into wine (John 2). Many Christians try to use this to advocate their liberty to drink wine. They ignore the fact that it is abundantly proven in the Bible that there is more than one kind of wine, and disregard the fact that the O.T. consistently disapproves of alcoholic wine. Priests who ministered in the Tabernacle and those under a Nazarite vow were forbidden to drink alcoholic wine, even on the penalty of death (Num.6:2-3, Lev.10:9-10). All believers in the new covenant are “a royal priesthood” (1Pet.2:9, Rev.5:10).

There were six water pots which held about 27-30 gallons each. This means they would have Jesus making over 162 gallons of alcoholic wine for the wedding guests! Moreover, for wine to become alcoholic, time is necessary for the fermentation process to take place. When freshly made, wine has no alcohol content at all. Because the master of the feast said that the wine Jesus made was “the good wine,” some say this proves that it was alcoholic, when he was actually complimenting the groom on its pure quality.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
bedspread:
I MOVED TO A HOTTER LEVEL.... I MOVED TO THE LORDS CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT
Deeper life to lord chosen is like frying pan to fire

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Makuos: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
JMAN05:

Do they now allow the watching of TV?

He wants to change the visitation-annuls-marriage policy?

Good one, but the church shouldn't set rules on that. Give the counsel and allow people to show there love for God by heeding the counsel.

Give counsel against drunkenness, and point out the harm associated with drunkenness, but setting rules that no one should take alcohol because of the harm it caused for those who abuse it, is going beyond your authority I think. That an item could be abused doesn't make the item bad in itself. Again, i don't think we have the right to ban what God allows. Jesus took alcohol. The effort might be good intentioned, but we have to be careful not to exceed our limit of authority.

Good one. Some call names of donors. That is wrong.

Never do things to please the world. But care should be taken so that while trying to maintain holiness, you dont devise your own definition of holiness. That is what I have observed about DLC.
Oga, on the issue of alcohol, you got it wrong. Bible clearly condemned drinking of alcohol not even a moderate of it. Study your bible!!!

Jesus performed His first miracle at a wedding in Cana when He turned the water into wine (John 2). Many Christians try to use this to advocate their liberty to drink wine. They ignore the fact that it is abundantly proven in the Bible that there is more than one kind of wine, and disregard the fact that the O.T. consistently disapproves of alcoholic wine. Priests who ministered in the Tabernacle and those under a Nazarite vow were forbidden to drink alcoholic wine, even on the penalty of death (Num.6:2-3, Lev.10:9-10). All believers in the new covenant are “a royal priesthood” (1Pet.2:9, Rev.5:10).

There were six water pots which held about 27-30 gallons each. This means they would have Jesus making over 162 gallons of alcoholic wine for the wedding guests! Moreover, for wine to become alcoholic, time is necessary for the fermentation process to take place. When freshly made, wine has no alcohol content at all. Because the master of the feast said that the wine Jesus made was “the good wine,” some say this proves that it was alcoholic, when he was actually complimenting the groom on its pure quality.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by bedspread: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Deeper life to lord chosen is like frying pan to fire
HAHAHAHA... EXACTLY....THATS WHERE I AM NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stones Of Fire: Courtesy Of Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya / Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments / How To Be Sexually Pure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.