Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (56663 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by IAmSkinny: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ermmmm
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by eagleeye2: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
free2ryhme:

Presently, the Kano campus of the Law School located in a strict Muslim state, does NOT allow the use of Hijab! The Abuja campus allows for a black, light Hijab but only a head scarf at best for Dinners.
You day mind the hypocrites trying to cause crisis in the body of benchers

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by OlaSpeaker(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
I'm not a lawyer but commonsense will tell this Fidaus Amasa of a lady is just been stupid and mischievous she is a Muslim yes agreed she has a right to practice what she believe but why go for what is against your believe should a sango worshiper come to be called to bar with his red and black regalia or a pure ifa worshiper come with his white cloth to be called to bar afteral she knows the rules from day one she was admitted as a law student then again a Muslim soldier should be wearing hijab on camour or rather as is at oshoala be wearing hijab on her jersey since she is a footballer. really I don't know the problem of Africa with religious extremism the white and Arab who brought this religion's are not even extremist

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Flyingngel(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
Well spoken. There is a saying which say- A Catholic that want to be more religious than a pope. Same applies to this SCUM that want to be more religious than the Sultan or rather the outgoing Chief Judge.
I believe the body of bencher shld sanction her appropriately for daring a set down rule.

12 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by hooklover: 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
Not even a Hausa Muslim but a fucking Yoruba Muslim lady that is lower than the Hausa Muslim trying to change status quo...

Soon she will realize Yoruba Moslems are inferior to the Northern core Muslim..

I hope she is given 20yrs ban for deliberately trying to test the resolve of the legal profession...

Unfortunately she could not differentiate religion from profession..

14 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by blackbeau1(f): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
So are we going to keep debating this matter until 'Kingdom come'

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by free2ryhme: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
eagleeye2:

You day mind the hypocrites trying to cause crisis in the body of benchers

She blew her chance of ever being a lawyer grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by mbhs139(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
Well, it has taken me this long to join in this discussion because I've only been getting snippets of the issues and mostly from my fellow Muslim brethren and of course with biased analysis. But with this analysis, I thought anyone going to the law school, with all the forms filled, as claimed by the OP ought to have known what they're entering or going into. Besides, I will put the blame on the door steps of past leaders of the law school and legal profession who are devout Muslims. They ought to have find a way, adroitly, to change the law which wouldn't have brought about this fuss.

As per the lady in question, she ought to have known, and I'm sure she knows, but only wanted to pull some stunts. She isn't only the devoured Muslim that has passed through the process. And a better way of changing the game would've been to lobby the senior members of the law profession and who are devoted Muslims or ask the court of the land to intervene after she must have qualified as a barrister.

By and large, she didn't apply wisdom. #IDon'tStandWithHer.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by OlaSpeaker(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
bolt000:
You broke it down critically, amazing i must say.
I've always had the thought that when a person is called to bar and can't pull off her hijab its expected that such a person would be bias in religion related cases.
my thoughts.
You are not far from the truth

7 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Bakrabas: 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
rastaLivity:
muslims always want to be treated differently, and when they dnt get what they want they pickup arms and become terrorists

Which part of your brain did you use to think?
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by mbhs139(m): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
OlaSpeaker:
I'm not a lawyer but commonsense will tell this Fidaus Amasa of a lady is just been stupid and mischievous she is a Muslim yes agreed she has a right to practice what she believe but why go for what is against your believe should a sango worshiper come to be called to bar with his red and black regalia or a pure ifa worshiper come with his white cloth to be called to bar afteral she knows the rules from day one she was admitted as a law student then again a Muslim soldier should be wearing hijab on camour or rather as is at oshoala be wearing hijab on her jersey since she is a footballer. really I don't know the problem of Africa with religious extremism the white and Arab who brought this religion's are not even extremist

The bold part are the only reasonable part of your comment but you destroyed them with the other irrelevant and childish talk.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by MrOlai: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Angelanest:

In the attached pictures, 1 is me and Halima Mohammadu Buhari, the daughter of the President Buhari of Nigeria, during our Bar 1 programme in July 2012. Such Hijab was permissible then.

Franc Fagah Utoo, Esq. LQC (Malaysia); LL.B Hons (Newcastle, UK ); BL (Abuja)
*Former President of the Students Representative Council (SRC), Nigerian Law School, Abuja.[/i]

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/barrister-franc-utoo-weighs-in-on-trending-hijab-controversy.html

Such Hijab was permissible then.

"Such Hijab was permissible... in 2012". So the Hijab was permissible in 2012. Why did they alter the law to ban the Hijab in 2017?

Mr Francis Fagah, could you please explain why you people ban the Hijab?

1 Share

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by OlaSpeaker(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
mbhs139:

The bold part are the only reasonable part of your comment but you destroyed them with the other irrelevant and childish talk.
Well that is your thought glad you still find something to ponder on cheers
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by amazon14: 11:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kemperor:
They use the hijab to cover their Murderous brain...

Let's see if the president would make them accept hijab in Law School...

MURIC might threaten to kill all the Igbos if Law School don't accept hijab.... They love to involve the Igbo people in everything...

Then our Igbo leaders in the north wil carry playcards in support of hijab wearing in law school. They will even Igbo law students to wear hijab or..........!
Our leaders make me sick

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by uprightman(m): 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
eagleeye2:
Thank God the secretary of Benchers whatever is a Muslim woman, Mrs Turaki. And she is the vested with the power to enforce code of conducts.
Some people supporting her thoughts the Officials that asked her to remove her hijab is Igbo Christian. She is trying to to form a victim.
After all legal Officials don't expose their bodies.
This is kind of people that enjoys the story of religious war.

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by menxer: 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
By their fruits we know those who attended law school.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by uprightman(m): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
I yet to see any body that will tell me what Nigeria government gain from religion.
Government does not have practical reasons to accord religion so much influence in politics. If not sentiment.

4 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by paroh137(m): 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
chrisxxx:
Firduas or what they call her is only obeying Islamic injunction. Firdaus should be allowed to use her hijab if and only if she could present herself for virginity test. I am certain Islamic creeds are against sex before marriage. Compliance should be total and not selective hypocritical observance.
lmao oga wtf? How we go take do the virginity test abeg?
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by belloabd1914(m): 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kemperor:

MURIC might threaten to kill all the Igbos if Law School don't accept hijab.... They love to involve the Igbo people in everything...
u stupidly involved the igbo tribe with bigotry mindset, go and die for the love of hate, it's in u like peak
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Alexpetra: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
mazimee:
Una still dey ontop this matter?
My brother!!
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Standardcosting:
Making reference the the President's daughter and using her as a benchmark/ standard for Islamic Religious
Practice is just so unfortunate. Even Christians are meant to be Christlike not Osibajolike or Adeboyelike. Well I wonderless, many now worship their pastors and take them as a perfect substitute for their God.

Moreover we like taking things beyond necessary and making things difficult for ourselves. Countries that are far more developed than us [US, India, Yes India!] have all embraced diversity and abandoned stringent rules that amouns to nothing! Even with all the conventions, is our legal system better off?

And... There is nothing unfortunate about the NBA President's reaction, he only said it wasn't an issue as diversity will be embraced.

The only unfortunate thing is the attention seeker who took a whole paragraph stating his accomplishments- congratulations- we now know him, yet I didn't give a bleep! His reaction is so unfortunate that he regards religion as mundane and elevate some barbaric conventions (not even rule) at a 2-hour ceremony to be dogmatic.

Lastly as for Alfa Belgore and Mrs Turaki... No matter how perfect God's work is, we will still have some people who will rather follow their heart desires and confuse others to follow suit. I hope they will successfully and convincing explain their stand to God... The Day the lips are sealed.

To Firdous... May Allah's Rahma forever be on you!

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by FRESHG(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
adeniyi3971:
well spoken sir
YOUR MUSLIM BRETHREN WILL SOON CALL FOR YOUR HEAD

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by rayopt(m): 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
eagleeye2:
Even Alfa Belgore. She smoke winch.
even belgore sef folow beg am. . .chai!!! She deserves to be slapped
She better go and meet bobrisky. .firdaus, law is not your calling
#BobriskySister

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by 2sexycom(m): 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=Standardcosting post=63406737][/quote] You should be ashamed of yourself. Most of you make God look stupid for giving u brains. Go to China and Japan, they don't carry this religion matter for head but TILL YOU DIE, YOUR GENERATION will NEVER ACCOMPLISH what they have been able to accomplish.

Saudi Arabia where you all copied this thing from is ahead of you in all ramification... their princes even date sexy ladies...

The same goes for my Christian brothers...Isreal is embracing tech and science, same Isreal that is the house Christianity... Africans are stupid abeg. angry

4 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by onadana: 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
eagleeye2:
Even Alfa Belgore. She smoke winch.
I wonder.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by thaqib(m): 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kemperor:

U are high, very high on weeds
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Sibigam1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
Firdaus Amaka now, "I just played myself."

7 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Alaska90(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
amazon14:

Then our Igbo leaders in the north wil carry playcards in support of hijab wearing in law school. They will even Igbo law students to wear hijab or..........!
Our leaders make me sick

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by uprightman(m): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
paroh137:
lmao oga wtf? How we go take do the virginity test abeg?
when it comes to diverting Nigeria money they forget that their religion is against stealing.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by ibkgab001: 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
No one should talk about this small witch called fidau

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Sleyanya1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
Dammmmmn.... President Buhari what a Beautiful Daughter you've got in Halima. kiss kiss kiss

Wish we can just have Good and bad people only in this world, not to make it more complex by adding RELIGION to it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria / Company To Pay Damages For A French Engineer Who Died While Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.