Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (56665 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by maasoap(m): 8:04am On Dec 19, 2017
I will say it again boldly: Buhari, Mr president and his family do not represent the face of Islam. When it suits you, you call Buhari a terrorist, extremist and Sharia advocate. When it suits you, you use him and his family as a face of moderate Muslims. One word for you all: HYPOCRITES!

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Nimoomosuli: 8:05am On Dec 19, 2017
God bless you! Laws and regulations are not etched in stone. They are mere alphabets strung together by some people who believe they are the authority. Almost every system that we have in place in Nigeria today was handed down to us by the British and we have been sheepishly complying without taking our religious and cultural diversities into account. Even our so-called British colonial masters have since moved on from most of these archaic system, hence the poster's reference to how the UK has long ditched the rigid rules of conditioning law students to dress in a certain way and how they have diversified by allowing a Sikh student attend classes with his turbaned head and in kaftan and how their lecturer comes to class in tight t-shirt (see excerpt below).

If Abuja and elsewhere allow female law students to don hijab under their wig, why can't it be adopted across the board? Why do we need Firdaus to tell us? Why do we need to make her refuse before we do the needful?

All we need is a little tolerance of one another and accepting ourselves as we are regardless of religion, tribal or political beliefs (except in cases that are injurious) so that we can avoid unnecessary bickering over these kinds of issues at the expense of our unity and progress as a country.

Live and let live people! Life is so short so let's stop this intolerance and enjoy our lives before death overtakes us.

Nigerian legal system differs from those of other jurisdictions to some extent. This is why I fault the unfortunate statement allegedly made by the NBA President in his comparison of our Bar to that of New York. Some British Inns, for instance, allow for the wearing of Hijab. My classmate (an Indian Sikh), Kernail Singh, was Called dressed in his turban. I know as a fact that Black and White is a strict dress code for Nigerian University and Law School students, but in England where I studied for my undergraduate Degree in Law, no one cares if you come to the class wearing football shorts and basketball vest with 'unity' cap. There were times my Jurisprudence module lecturer would appear in a tight T-shirt exposing his cute biceps and crazy tattoos, and my mind would whisper to itsel, "this won't happen in Naija!" In the BPTC programme, students appear in various colours of suits and shirts.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by bkool7(m): 8:05am On Dec 19, 2017
oyb:
as lawyers often do, this fellow has said a lot without saying anything.

he can also be said to be guilty of the same attention seeking he has been accusing Ms Firdaus as, with all his long references to his position as 'head of bar'

http://www.lawschoollagos.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/code-of-conduct-for-law-students-lagos-campus.pdf

i have searched, and i found only the lagos state law school regulations. these regulations say nothing whatsoever on hijab being forbidden.
this is the relevant excerpt below:

2.0 DRESSING:
All students must be well dressed at all times in Regulation Wear.
2.1 MALE: Dark suit, white shirt, black tie (not bow tie), white breast pocket handkerchief (optional), black socks and black shoes (Sandals are not allowed).
During hot weather, male students may be permitted to wear white long sleeve shirts with black tie, black trousers (charcoal grey or dark blue may be allowed) and black shoes to class.
2.2 FEMALE: Dark gown or dark suit, (Black, dark blue or charcoal grey), white blouse, (not translucent or Tee- shirts), black skirt covering the knees and black covered shoes (Sandals, lace ups or peep toes are not allowed). There should be no embroidery and or trimmings of any type on the gown, suit or blouse; and only moderate jewelry should be worn- (No large dangling or coloured earrings, or bracelets are allowed). Also, coloured hair attachment, coloured braids, glitters or colouring of any type in the hair is prohibited.
During hot weather, female students may be permitted to wear plain white blouses (not translucent), not tee-shirts, black skirts covering the knee (charcoal grey or dark blue may be permitted) and black covered shoes to the class.
-1-

2.3 ALL Gowns and Skirts –
(a) Must be graceful, but not cling provocatively to the body;
(b) Must not be above the knee; and
(c) Must not have high slits (i.e. above the knee); and only at the back.

2.4 ALL Blouses or Shirts –
(a). Must be graceful, but not cling provocatively to the body;
(a) Must not be transparent; and
(c). Must not expose sensitive parts of the body i.e. it must not expose your cleavage,upper arm, stomach and/or navel.
• The above mode of dressing is mandatory for both male and female Students for attending lectures and other extra Curricula activities, and for attendance at Magistrate Courts and all Superior Courts.

like so many others in this matter, the fellow says hijab is not allowed - but unlike lawyers everywhere, he cannot point to section 4 , subsection 3, rule x - all he can say is 'it is not allowed' . everything said so far on this matter points to unwritten tradition/culture, not actual rules/policy.

equally odd is the deliberate ignorance on this fellows part. he says the abuja campus allows for a black light hijab, but only a head scarf. a person who studied in the uk, where they are very open on these things, somehow does not know that the hijab is a head scarf? what was ms firdaus wearing? was it not a scarf?

so what is MS firdaus wearing, if not a head scarf?

there are multiple issues here
1) as stated before, no one has been able to point to the actual written, signed off rule

2) nigeria is a multi religious country. contrary to the popular belief, Muslims have often been quiet in the face of different attitudes which are non secular or showing disregard for people of different faiths. i went to a government primary school, where christian prayers were said during assembly. muslim prayers were not said. the same happens in most dining halls in so called secular government secondary schools - christain prayers are said, muslim prayers are not said. the fact that this was not protested does not make it right. of course, if one day, a muslim had chosen to protest and insist that muslim prayers be said during assembly, or during a meal, the next thing would be the screams of islamic agenda - it is in teh rules, render unto ceasar - over a traditin slanting towards one religion.

3)Halima Buhari, is a very beautiful and well spoken young lady, but i do not recall anyone appointing her as a beacon for muslim ladies in nigeria. are all msulim ladies daughters of preseidents? are all muslim ladies married to billionaires? are all muslim ladies on social media?

4)even if zahra buhari felt the same way as firdaus, she would not have insisted on a hijab uring her call to bar because pdp, fan kayode, the nigerian press etc, would immedaiately jump on this as buhari's islamisationa agenda. we have seen all sorts of ridiculos allegations already - was it not earlier this year where the same dailies were shouting about a so called scheme to remove crk from the national curriculum?

5) as a multireligious country, some things do not need to be stated. friday is jumat. In 100% muslim countries, Friday is the weekend. in nigeria, mst employers etal tactily and quietly allow muslim staff to take 2 hours off for jumat. that is religious inclusion. nigeria is 50% muslim, and as i have stated repeatedly on other threads,wearing the hijab is not an issue in any other profession in this country, be it engineering, corporate nigeria, etal.

this is double speak. the issue at question is not what people wear to class; it is what people wear to the bar, and ultimately, what people are allowed to wear to pratise law. i am suprised that a so called lawyer does not understand basic logic - which is what law is about in the end.

yes, it was premediatated, because this is actually the only way to bring this issue to the forefront and let it be closed once and for all. Nigerian muslims have the right to wear hijab when practicing law. there should not be any ambiguity or subjection to a judges' whim.

i will continue to reference Rosa parks in this matter. the issues are broadly similar. for years there has been an unwritten restriction on female lawyers wearing hijab in the law court. people will say tradition, way it is done etc etc. there are NO written rules that speak to this. one person has decided to stand up and challenge this. we are a secular country yes - we are also a multicultural country. accomodations must be made for others religious choices. Modest/devout muslim women wear teh hijab AT ALL TIMES. working women have already struck a compromise - in the workplace they wear the hijab, not niqab, not chador, not burqah. this is because they also unndersatnd the need to look professional.

if you feel you can wear native doctor clothing/ cele clothing etc, and loo professional, you are also free to push for it. in the case in osun, i simply saw people making themselves look daft and silly.

actually, that is where teh fellow is most wrong. in the end, this will be about business and numbers. there is a large contingent of Muslim lawyers and clients. in addition to this, they are well heeled. hijab is a non issue, and IT WILL sail through.

in the end, the issue is about choice. i can choose not to grow a beard; however you should not be forcing me not to grow a beard based on a nebulous tradition. a lady can choose not to wear hijab - however she should not be forced not to wear hijab. end of.

i seem to remember the guy also did some stuff in malaysia - well this is from court in malaysia -

sad that the guy went round the world but still came out an intolerant prick. the story of nigerians

She was not forced not to wear the hijab , What She was politely told was that if She was going to attend the programme She must dress approriately. She can wear her hijab anywhere else She so pleases .
I hope you know the difference now ?

If I say dont wear hijab to my party , the best you can do to protest is not attend .
You cant come and try to create a scene after you have been forewarned .

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by supajizy(m): 8:05am On Dec 19, 2017
thaqib:

U are very biased and unfair. U also thinking very locally, I wonder if you have ever travelled to see what operates in other climes ,those from who we inherited our legal values. To argue that dressing according to ones belief is a calculated mischief is very unfortunate. .
Smh. If you can actually read you would notice he is a Muslim and also schooled in UK. Just learn to read say no to HARAM
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by yunnyp(m): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2017
rastaLivity:
muslims always want to be treated differently, and when they dnt get what they want they pickup arms and become terrorists

You are talking as if you knw everything about Muslims....

FYI, I'm not in support of her action.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Nimoomosuli: 8:07am On Dec 19, 2017
Laws and regulations are not etched in stone. They are mere alphabets strung together by some people who believe they are the authority. Almost every system that we have in place in Nigeria today was handed down to us by the British and we have been sheepishly complying without taking our religious and cultural diversities into account. Even our so-called British colonial masters have since moved on from most of these archaic system, hence the poster's reference to how the UK has long ditched the rigid rules of conditioning law students to dress in a certain way and how they have diversified by allowing a Sikh student attend classes with his turbaned head and in kaftan and how their lecturer comes to class in tight t-shirt (see excerpt below).

If Abuja and elsewhere allow female law students to don hijab under their wig, why can't it be adopted across the board? Why do we need Firdaus to tell us? Why do we need to make her refuse before we do the needful?

All we need is a little tolerance of one another and accepting ourselves as we are regardless of religion, tribal or political beliefs (except in cases that are injurious) so that we can avoid unnecessary bickering over these kinds of issues at the expense of our unity and progress as a country.

Live and let live people! Life is so short so let's stop this intolerance and enjoy our lives before death overtakes us.

Nigerian legal system differs from those of other jurisdictions to some extent. This is why I fault the unfortunate statement allegedly made by the NBA President in his comparison of our Bar to that of New York. Some British Inns, for instance, allow for the wearing of Hijab. My classmate (an Indian Sikh), Kernail Singh, was Called dressed in his turban. I know as a fact that Black and White is a strict dress code for Nigerian University and Law School students, but in England where I studied for my undergraduate Degree in Law, no one cares if you come to the class wearing football shorts and basketball vest with 'unity' cap. There were times my Jurisprudence module lecturer would appear in a tight T-shirt exposing his cute biceps and crazy tattoos, and my mind would whisper to itsel, "this won't happen in Naija!" In the BPTC programme, students appear in various colours of suits and shirts.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Kemperor: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2017
cocolacec:

Can you tell how many of your family members have been murdered by Muslim Women?

Can you tell me how many people Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen have been in the past 7 years and currently?

Can you also tell me how many people the other tribes in Nigeria have genocidally killed in the past 7 years and currently?

How many female suicide bombers have claimed the lives of the innocent with their aimless agenda because they have cow brain? ...

Look if you still lie to yourself then u are just like them, ready to go haywire when presented with the opportunity...

Hypocritical Creatures
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by supajizy(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2017
oyb:
as lawyers often do, this fellow has said a lot without saying anything.

he can also be said to be guilty of the same attention seeking he has been accusing Ms Firdaus as, with all his long references to his position as 'head of bar'

http://www.lawschoollagos.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/code-of-conduct-for-law-students-lagos-campus.pdf

i have searched, and i found only the lagos state law school regulations. these regulations say nothing whatsoever on hijab being forbidden.
this is the relevant excerpt below:

2.0 DRESSING:
All students must be well dressed at all times in Regulation Wear.
2.1 MALE: Dark suit, white shirt, black tie (not bow tie), white breast pocket handkerchief (optional), black socks and black shoes (Sandals are not allowed).
During hot weather, male students may be permitted to wear white long sleeve shirts with black tie, black trousers (charcoal grey or dark blue may be allowed) and black shoes to class.
2.2 FEMALE: Dark gown or dark suit, (Black, dark blue or charcoal grey), white blouse, (not translucent or Tee- shirts), black skirt covering the knees and black covered shoes (Sandals, lace ups or peep toes are not allowed). There should be no embroidery and or trimmings of any type on the gown, suit or blouse; and only moderate jewelry should be worn- (No large dangling or coloured earrings, or bracelets are allowed). Also, coloured hair attachment, coloured braids, glitters or colouring of any type in the hair is prohibited.
During hot weather, female students may be permitted to wear plain white blouses (not translucent), not tee-shirts, black skirts covering the knee (charcoal grey or dark blue may be permitted) and black covered shoes to the class.
-1-

2.3 ALL Gowns and Skirts –
(a) Must be graceful, but not cling provocatively to the body;
(b) Must not be above the knee; and
(c) Must not have high slits (i.e. above the knee); and only at the back.

2.4 ALL Blouses or Shirts –
(a). Must be graceful, but not cling provocatively to the body;
(a) Must not be transparent; and
(c). Must not expose sensitive parts of the body i.e. it must not expose your cleavage,upper arm, stomach and/or navel.
• The above mode of dressing is mandatory for both male and female Students for attending lectures and other extra Curricula activities, and for attendance at Magistrate Courts and all Superior Courts.

like so many others in this matter, the fellow says hijab is not allowed - but unlike lawyers everywhere, he cannot point to section 4 , subsection 3, rule x - all he can say is 'it is not allowed' . everything said so far on this matter points to unwritten tradition/culture, not actual rules/policy.

equally odd is the deliberate ignorance on this fellows part. he says the abuja campus allows for a black light hijab, but only a head scarf. a person who studied in the uk, where they are very open on these things, somehow does not know that the hijab is a head scarf? what was ms firdaus wearing? was it not a scarf?

so what is MS firdaus wearing, if not a head scarf?

there are multiple issues here
1) as stated before, no one has been able to point to the actual written, signed off rule

2) nigeria is a multi religious country. contrary to the popular belief, Muslims have often been quiet in the face of different attitudes which are non secular or showing disregard for people of different faiths. i went to a government primary school, where christian prayers were said during assembly. muslim prayers were not said. the same happens in most dining halls in so called secular government secondary schools - christain prayers are said, muslim prayers are not said. the fact that this was not protested does not make it right. of course, if one day, a muslim had chosen to protest and insist that muslim prayers be said during assembly, or during a meal, the next thing would be the screams of islamic agenda - it is in teh rules, render unto ceasar - over a traditin slanting towards one religion.

3)Halima Buhari, is a very beautiful and well spoken young lady, but i do not recall anyone appointing her as a beacon for muslim ladies in nigeria. are all msulim ladies daughters of preseidents? are all muslim ladies married to billionaires? are all muslim ladies on social media?

4)even if zahra buhari felt the same way as firdaus, she would not have insisted on a hijab uring her call to bar because pdp, fan kayode, the nigerian press etc, would immedaiately jump on this as buhari's islamisationa agenda. we have seen all sorts of ridiculos allegations already - was it not earlier this year where the same dailies were shouting about a so called scheme to remove crk from the national curriculum?

5) as a multireligious country, some things do not need to be stated. friday is jumat. In 100% muslim countries, Friday is the weekend. in nigeria, mst employers etal tactily and quietly allow muslim staff to take 2 hours off for jumat. that is religious inclusion. nigeria is 50% muslim, and as i have stated repeatedly on other threads,wearing the hijab is not an issue in any other profession in this country, be it engineering, corporate nigeria, etal.

this is double speak. the issue at question is not what people wear to class; it is what people wear to the bar, and ultimately, what people are allowed to wear to pratise law. i am suprised that a so called lawyer does not understand basic logic - which is what law is about in the end.

yes, it was premediatated, because this is actually the only way to bring this issue to the forefront and let it be closed once and for all. Nigerian muslims have the right to wear hijab when practicing law. there should not be any ambiguity or subjection to a judges' whim.

i will continue to reference Rosa parks in this matter. the issues are broadly similar. for years there has been an unwritten restriction on female lawyers wearing hijab in the law court. people will say tradition, way it is done etc etc. there are NO written rules that speak to this. one person has decided to stand up and challenge this. we are a secular country yes - we are also a multicultural country. accomodations must be made for others religious choices. Modest/devout muslim women wear teh hijab AT ALL TIMES. working women have already struck a compromise - in the workplace they wear the hijab, not niqab, not chador, not burqah. this is because they also unndersatnd the need to look professional.

if you feel you can wear native doctor clothing/ cele clothing etc, and loo professional, you are also free to push for it. in the case in osun, i simply saw people making themselves look daft and silly.

actually, that is where teh fellow is most wrong. in the end, this will be about business and numbers. there is a large contingent of Muslim lawyers and clients. in addition to this, they are well heeled. hijab is a non issue, and IT WILL sail through.

in the end, the issue is about choice. i can choose not to grow a beard; however you should not be forcing me not to grow a beard based on a nebulous tradition. a lady can choose not to wear hijab - however she should not be forced not to wear hijab. end of.

i seem to remember the guy also did some stuff in malaysia - well this is from court in malaysia -

sad that the guy went round the world but still came out an intolerant prick. the story of nigerians

First of all a hijab is not permitted to be called a scarf. I'm sure they are allowed to remove the hijab under certain circumstances. I watched a video of the Iraq war. The soldiers ask the women to take off Thier hijab for recognition. If that is allowed during war why not for a few hours?
FYI Nigeria is not 50% Muslim. We still have a huge amount of traditional worshippers.
Why are hijabs not allowed in the Military?? I'm not in the mood to talk but you are just a religious fanatic talking baselessly and aimlessly. You are one of the reasons why people think all Muslims are potential terrorist because you are nothing short of picking up arms already. I wonder if your God is so helpless he can't fight for you. You are glaringly ignorant of your own religion. Read your Quran and pray God reveals the truth to You not what your trouble seeking leaders taught you

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Azam101: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2017
Kemperor:
They use the hijab to cover their Murderous brain...

Let's see if the president would make them accept hijab in Law School...

MURIC might threaten to kill all the Igbos if Law School don't accept hijab.... They love to involve the Igbo people in everything...
Your brain need reset.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by onadana: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2017
bareal:

Unfortunately, she's under the delicate shackles of religion. Hence her disobedience.

Spot on
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by bkool7(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2017
maasoap:
I will say it again boldly: Buhari, Mr president and his family do not represent the face of Islam. When it suits you, you call Buhari a terrorist, extremist and Sharia advocate. When it suits you, you use him and his family as a face of moderate Muslims. One word for you all: HYPOCRITES!

The president's daughter was only used as a reference because She was found in similar situation.
If there are others , I am sure they would have been used as a reference too. After all , you must agree the president's daughter is a devoted muslim , or dont you ?

If you dont agree , tell us Why She cant be used cos we see her as a devoted muslim . Except you want to tell us otherwise

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Rich96: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2017
Please don't involve Igbo!! No Hijab and that's Final !! Only if they want War in this Country, I'm sure the Majority Yoruba Christians will surly stand against it
Kemperor:
They use the hijab to cover their Murderous brain...

Let's see if the president would make them accept hijab in Law School...

MURIC might threaten to kill all the Igbos if Law School don't accept hijab.... They love to involve the Igbo people in everything...
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Azam101: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=Standardcosting post=63406737][/quote] May Almighty Allah bless u with Aljanah.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2017
apholaryn:
what makes him right? been judgemental? having double standards?
when a criminal happens to be a Muslim ,you tag them terrorists and if it were to be a Christian you disassociate religion from it and call the culprit mentally unstable or anything else, so what makes him right?

So your Islam is no more a way of LIFE for Muslim again.

I thought you people said your Islam is more than religion but a way of Life.

So if i may ask if anyone following that way of life commit an atrocity in the name of that way of life. Who to blame?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by eph12(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2017
Dante2008:
This tells us how good you are with the Islamic injunction on hijab. Please for the fact that some people choose to drop their religious obligation does not make what they do right, there is nothing on the surface of this earth that will make u obey the creature over the creator, is an injunction in the Quran, Allah gave an order for woman to cover themselves and it was explained in the Hadith of the prophet that on no normal circumstances should a Muslim woman expose her body in the public including her hair, so therefore don't come and quote the Quran ignorantly I mislead people on this matter. The Quran is clear on this matter, obey Allah, his prophet and those place in authority over you, this is how the obedience follows in ranking.
Should we now abandon the laws of the land and follow only that which is the quaran or Bible?
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Azam101: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2017
chrisxxx:
Firduas or what they call her is only obeying Islamic injunction. Firdaus should be allowed to use her hijab if and only if she could present herself for virginity test. I am certain Islamic creeds are against sex before marriage. Compliance should be total and not selective hypocritical observance.
U reason from Anus.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by bkool7(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2017
Nimoomosuli:
Laws and regulations are not etched in stone. They are mere alphabets strung together by some people who believe they are the authority. Almost every system that we have in place in Nigeria today was handed down to us by the British and we have been sheepishly complying without taking our religious and cultural diversities into account. Even our so-called British colonial masters have since moved on from most of these archaic system, hence the poster's reference to how the UK has long ditched the rigid rules of conditioning law students to dress in a certain way and how they have diversified by allowing a Sikh student attend classes with his turbaned head and in kaftan and how their lecturer comes to class in tight t-shirt (see excerpt below).

So we allow one person to bend the rule just a little .
Another comes asking for same, after all It's a free world . So we concurred . Then another and Another.....and Another .

At the end , what we'll have is no law again .
Thats Why we need rules and regulations in the first place .

I Will assume that when those regulations were made Muslims and Christians were part of the members .
But I can bet the traditionalist werent consulted .

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Standardcosting(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2017
Azam101:
May Almighty Allah bless u with Aljanah.

Amin thanks a lot
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Simpledude0847(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=thaqib post=63411624][/quote]The fanatics amongst them are the real pain in the butt.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Kemperor: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2017
sulleyman:

every religion has its own form of dressing, if covering of head is murderous, what should we call the short dresses and see-through clothes the sluts, you call sisters wear to ch*rch and other public places shamelessly. I won't call you a f**l for this post coz your stupidity is like zee world (extra-ordinary everyday).

The sluts just like you referred to them don't carry bombs inside the short and see through dresses they wear to ch*rch or public places.... They don't carry arms with the intension of mass murder...

The people that cover their body claim to be holy but they are beasts wearing clothes... Hiding bombs in their hijab, nijab etc... Killing innocent people...

The people who cover their body or face claim to be holy and disciplined but they are into prostitution more than any other tribe in Nigeria.... When they finish they wear their hijab and start fooling themselves...

I ain't insulting no religion,,, what I am saying is that : Nigeria is a circular state, therefore some rules and regulations are neutral and must be respected...

How can a lawyer break the laws he/she signed all in the name of religion? Why sign it in the first place?

I Am waiting to hear MURIC statement....
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by apholaryn: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

So your Islam is no more a way of LIFE for Muslim again.

I thought you people said your Islam is more than religion but a way of Life.

So if i may ask if anyone following that way of life commit an atrocity in the name of that way of life. Who to blame?
see the double standard I'm talking about, why don't Muslims blame Christianity over atrocities committed by the bad eggs among the Christian society? meaning your bible teaches double standards? well it doesn't if you don't know as a Christian ,just that most of you are hypocrites...hell of a big one bro
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Nimoomosuli: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2017
OlaSpeaker:
I'm not a lawyer but commonsense will tell this Fidaus Amasa of a lady is just been stupid and mischievous she is a Muslim yes agreed she has a right to practice what she believe but why go for what is against your believe should a sango worshiper come to be called to bar with his red and black regalia or a pure ifa worshiper come with his white cloth to be called to bar afteral she knows the rules from day one she was admitted as a law student then again a Muslim soldier should be wearing hijab on camour or rather as is at oshoala be wearing hijab on her jersey since she is a footballer. really I don't know the problem of Africa with religious extremism the white and Arab who brought this religion's are not even extremist

Stop being naive, my dear. We all know that Sango and Ifa worshippers are not in any way mandated to appear in their traditional regalia at all times so no comparison exists in case of Muslim women who are mandated by their religion to appear modest by covering their heads up to the bosom at all times.

I believe you have not been to any Arab country because if you are, you would have been enlightened. Of course, you're right, the Arab Muslim nations are not extremists because they allow other religion adherents (Christian, Buddhist and Hindu worshippers) to practice their religion without hindrances. In fact, you may be shocked to know that the government build their places of worship for them. So what do we call that? Religious tolerance! Live and let live people! We don't need Firdaus to tell us to be accommodating of one another and accept ourselves regardless of our religious or cultural background.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by pawesome(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2017
Wallade:

In other words,Islam differentiates tribes. You added another dimension to our challenges in this country; we have a challenge with Religion and you are also trying to complicate it with the tribal/religious dimension.

Such a wonderful country - Nigeria!
am nt complicating it...that is d way it is...hausa/fulanis do not see yoruba muslims as real muslims...they do not
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by maasoap(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2017
bkool7:

The president's daughter was only used as a reference because She was found in similar situation.
If there are others , I am sure they would have been used as a reference too. After all , you must agree the president's daughter is a devoted muslim , or dont you ?

If you dont agree , tell us Why She cant be used cos we see her as a devoted muslim . Except you want to tell us orderwise
My point is simple: you're all hypocrites.
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by pawesome(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2017
And at d end,dt ugly b.i.t.c.h.wil cause sumtin unimaginable...she intentionally had dis in mind n she is gettin d much needed attention..dis needs to b chekd n fast befr it escalates....

It once happened in Osun in a common secondary schl nt to talk f a bar...una go see dressing

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2017
apholaryn:
see the double standard I'm talking about, why don't Muslims blame Christianity over atrocities committed by the bad eggs among the Christian society? meaning your bible teaches double standards? well it doesn't if you don't know as a Christian ,just that most of you are hypocrites...hell of a big one bro

Because Christian have already separate church from state.

And you hardly see a Christian commiting an atrocity in the name of Christianity.

So can you please answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by pawesome(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2017
bkool7:

She was not forced not to wear the hijab , What She was politely told was that if She was going to attend the programme She must dress approriately. She can wear her hijab anywhere else She so pleases .
I hope you know the difference now ?

If I say dont wear hijab to my party , the best you can do to protest is not attend .
You cant come and try to create a scene after you have been forewarned .
leave d guy joh..he has nothing to offer...its an occassion that has a dress code...follow d dress code and that is all...you refused n u studied law...if you cant obey d law,y den study it?
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Azam101: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2017
Those condemning the Lady's attitude should think twice must we continue follow the archaic way of doing things? even the developed countries sometimes change there laws to suite their citizens. pls does any of the religion permit ladies hair to be exposed publicly?
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by lanocfoods: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you for saying the truth as a Muslim, we cannot let religious fanatics take over
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by WORDSENSEI: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=thaqib post=63411624][/quote]

Lmao. That's where you missed it. I was born into a Muslim family, had my Quranic graduation as far back as 2006.

Then I saw the light and became a freethinker. I hate religion as a whole. If Christians are found wanting too, I never hesitate to blast them.

Your Firdaus was silly to have done such BS from the outside, when she had not been called to bar. If she wanted to do such, she could have fought for the rights from the inside, after becoming a barrister.

What is wrong is wrong. Two hours of not using her hijab would not have denied her Al-Jannah, except she's found wanting in other facets of life. No be by covering head and having a venomous heart.

Do you even realise that by being rude to the benchers and insulting all that tried to convince her to do the right thing, she has committed a sin or does the Quran ask you to be rude to others?

On the scale of measuring sins, removing her hijab and cursing people are the same. Don't be stupid okay?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by apholaryn: 8:54am On Dec 19, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Because Christian have already separate church from state.

And you hardly see a Christian commiting an atrocity in the name of Christianity.

So can you please answer my question.
you said hardly? well almost doesn't count in the kingdom of God..whether hardly or not ,it doesn't make them less of a Christian or does it? and what was your question
Re: Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS by Nimoomosuli: 9:03am On Dec 19, 2017
bkool7:

So we allow one person to bend the rule just a little .
Another comes asking for same, after all It's a free world . So we concurred . Then another and Another.....and Another .

At the end , what we'll have is no law again .
Thats Why we need rules and regulations in the first place .

I Will assume that when those regulations were made Muslims and Christians were part of the members .
But I can bet the traditionalist werent consulted .

This is not the matter of bending the rules for one person. Remember, Firdaus represents every Muslim woman that have passed through and will come through the Law School and Call to Bar. So, she is seeking this change on behalf of the entire Nigerian Muslim community and for generations yet unborn.

If your worry is about things becoming chaotic, that has already been taken care of because we all know that Sango and Ifa worshippers are not in any way mandated to appear in their traditional regalia at all times as Muslim women who need to wear hijab every time so they (Ifa and Sango worshippers) have nothing to claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria / Company To Pay Damages For A French Engineer Who Died While Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.