Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) (47201 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Dino Melaye Dancing To Majek Fashek's Song In Throwback Photo / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Veeflow(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2017
Wetin concern una. Online parrots
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Foxy4luv(f): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2017
Daddy freeze is actually making sense
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by maestroferddi: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2017
goldbim:
Very true!!. It's a pity most pastors see the church as an entertainment centre and not a sacred ground.all in the name of retaining a large congregation !!.
These days,you see churches bringing secular comedians to the altar and the pastor too' l be feeling fly..laughing to some lewd jokes. Enough said lipsrsealed..MFM all the way cheesy
Nigerian Christianity and carnality/worldliness are five and six.

Most of our pastors and GOs/GSs will have a lot of questions to answer before God - that is if they can make it that far...

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Iamzik: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2017
Awoleesu:
Of course, you're wrong Freeze; Christianity accepts you just as you are... And that's what distinguishes it from the others you listed.

church accepts you as you are but does not encourage you to remain as you are or grow worse than you were.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2017
OrestesDante:

angry

∆ The comparison is not silly... Secular and religious things are way aside ... God doesn't do jokes.... ∆
You're not God. If God doesn't joke, humans do. The Majek in question here is a Christian who's foresaken his old ways and your bible said that if any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, old things are passed away.

The body of Christ welcomes all.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2017
businessempire:

Will you shut your mouth. Google or ask Dbanj what happened in Winners when he came to testify about his musical award. Get ur facts right before spewing nonsense!.

angry

∆ ok... ∆
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by musicwriter(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2017
The best gospel songs are those made by Majek Fashek. What is Majek singing, if not the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Holy spirit
I' am not afraid
Job Lamentation
I' am not tired
Spirit of love
Righteousness (Let the righteous take over the world).

Name it!!.

Unfortunately, there's no more spirituality in Christianity, so I can understand why someone won't understand Majek's songs.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
You're not God. If God doesn't joke, humans do. The Majek in question here is a Christian who's foresaken his old ways and your bible said that if any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, old things are passed away.

The body of Christ welcomes all.

angry

∆ OK... ∆
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Boss13: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2017
jonnytad:
So sinners shouldn't be given chance for redemption cuz of daddy freeze?
How many of us took our time to ascertain the reason for Majak performance in the Church? Many of us has turned this man call freeze to a demi god, I don't blame pple frm other religion, i blame we that call ourselves christians.
If it was to be now that Jesus eat with tax collector or safe the harlot. Many of us christians would have condemned him, jst as we are doing now, cuz one antichrist says so.

I initially thought of keeping quiet and not express my opinion over this matter. However, the lewd comments I read here are outrageous. I am not a church or christain fanatic, but I find it ridiculous for Christians to call someone else a sinner and themselves, the righteous.

I think what Daddy Freeze is trying to say all these while with his teachings is that Nigerian Christians do not really understand their religion. They are hoodwinked by the practices and speeches of their pastors and do not bother to find Christ themselves as depicted in the Bible.

Other religion, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism etc consider their altar to be scared ground that many are not privileged to stand before it other than their elected representatives because the altar is where specific rituals are being conducted. I think the Catholic still oblige this rule. Temples are places people come to commune with their creator and not to engage in immoral behaviors or to entertain themselves. There are specific venues for such activities.

Whilst I may disagree with Daddy Freeze on some specifics, I think he is trying to highlight these situations to pastors love for money, power and material things. If pastors really do understand the essence and history of their religion, there are things they would not allow in their church and one of them is encouraging comedians and secular musicians to perform in their churches. A church is a temple and not an entertainment center.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by DaBillionnaire: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2017
concupiscent:
Can a secular musician like Majek perform in a mosque?
Have u ever seen artistes perform in a Buddhist or Hindu
temple? Or inside the Okija shrine?"

"when did these other religion become a yardstick for the church? by your logic since Mohammed married a kid of less than 9 years it is OK for us all to marry children. Song ministration by individuals is not a new practice in the church.

Christ message is love! but you vile and hateful self will never understand this.

-concupiscent

i know u are pained.

go take your bath and get some rest. tongue tongue
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Jerveyjay(m): 11:24am On Dec 19, 2017
I like Nigerians a lot... When something happens, they wait for someone to give a point(not valid) for them to concur to... Have you asked yourself what makes the building a church or the house of God...
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by ziga: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2017
double0seven:

Forget Majek, secular artists should not be performing in church, it's a simple as that. We don't need any analogy.

Likewise stand-up comedians.

Secular artist What does that even mean? There are lots of "gospel" artists who have "secular" songs... How do you categorize them?

So because he has sung secular songs, he can't be a Christian?

Do church goers not listen to Dbanj and Wande Coal on weekdays and then offer tithes and sing praises on Sunday?

Human beings can be so many things at one time.

The basis of Christianity is acceptance and the love of all without judgement.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by yehmy(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2017
OrestesDante:

angry

∆ Exactly he could have performed elsewhere to keep his hope alive but not in the church....

Most guys on the thread are still not getting the point ∆
Why are you people so dumb did they invite him to come and perform. they called people who want to surrender their life to christ, he came out to dedicate his life to christ the choir sang a song nd as a musician he joined in singing the song. As one of the world artist it's not a sin for a pastor to give him a mic to join in singing the song. Nigerians are so dumb they jump on every news without knowing what went down. Our generation is in big trouble the internet have given us the opportunity to know too much and that's drawing us real back.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by yehmy(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Boss13:

I initially thought of keeping quiet and not express my opinion over this matter. However, the lewd comments I read here are outrageous. I am not a church or christain fanatic, but I find it ridiculous for Christians to call someone else a sinner and themselves, the righteous.

I think what Daddy Freeze is trying to say all these while with his teachings is that Nigerian Christians do not really understand their religion. They are hoodwinked by the practices and speeches of their pastors and do not bother to find Christ themselves as depicted in the Bible.

Other religion, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism etc consider their altar to be scared ground that many are not privileged to stand before it other than their elected representatives because the altar is where specific rituals are being conducted. I think the Catholic still oblige this rule. Temples are places people come to commune with their creator and not to engage in immoral behaviors or to entertain themselves. There are specific venues for such activities.

Whilst I may disagree with Daddy Freeze on some specifics, I think he is trying to highlight these situations to pastors love for money, power and material things. If pastors really do understand the essence and history of their religion, there are things they would not allow in their church and one of them is encouraging comedians and secular musicians to perform in their churches. A church is a temple and not an entertainment center.
In the house of the Lord there is fullness of Joy.... Praise the Lord with all you've got and Rejoice.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2017
yehmy:
Why are you people so dumb did they invite him to come and perform. they called people who want to surrender their life to christ, he came out to dedicate his life to christ the choir sang a song nd as a musician he joined in singing the song. As one of the world artist it's not a sin for a pastor to give him a mic to join in singing the song. Nigerians are so dumb they jump on every news without knowing what went down. Our generation is in big trouble the internet have given us the opportunity to know too much and that's drawing us real back.

angry

∆ OK... ∆
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Kokaine(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2017
goldbim:
Very true!!. It's a pity most pastors see the church as an entertainment centre and not a sacred ground.all in the name of retaining a large congregation !!.
These days,you see churches bringing secular comedians to the altar and the pastor too' l be feeling fly..laughing to some lewd jokes. Enough said lipsrsealed..MFM all the way cheesy
davido wont like this comment

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Shukran(f): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2017
masterchi:
For over two years now Majek has been undergoing rehab with/sponsored by House on the Rock and Pst Paul. Is it not posible that during that time so much would have changed in His life? All ye people that come online to judge and condemn other people without getting the full fact how do you feel when people do that to you? When are we going to forget 'our church' and start defending the body of Christ. I'm pissed when people come online to exalt one member over another. finally Majek can sing where ever he wants and it is not the business of freeze, mine nor urs and we should not put ourselves in any position to judge.

When did house on the rock pastor pay for his rehab? Please go find out very well, it was his former band singer Monica Omorodion Swaida who took him to rehab and Mr Ayiri paid for him.

Do your research, check Google and to help you further check pulse.ng and many other blog!

ttps://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/majek-fashek-oil-baron-ayiri-visits-reggae-legend-in-rehab-id4165239.html
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Smooyis(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2017
Did he sing a secular song? If no, then no qualms. How are we sure that the church choristers are more righteous than Majek. God looks at the heart, not our past, not our appearance, nor what men look at.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2017
goldbim:
your opinion, sir!I've said mine ..his presence in the church could be acknowledged, no one will talk about that..whatever I said has nothing to do with majek fashek ..its all about knowing what and what's not right in the church..what FRZ is saying is secular performances should not be allowed In the church!no one is castigating majek for being clean or under going rehab!

Too proud to be corrected. Everyone in the hall present knows he's been undergoing rehab except you and your spiritual dad, Freeze. Besides, the church is not the building. It is the people inside. The building is inconsequential.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2017
goldbim:
your opinion, sir!I've said mine ..his presence in the church could be acknowledged, no one will talk about that..whatever I said has nothing to do with majek fashek ..its all about knowing what and what's not right in the church..what FRZ is saying is secular performances should not be allowed In the church!no one is castigating majek for being clean or under going rehab!
Freeze is stupid... Thank God he and judgmental people like you are not God, If you were, people like the adulterous woman would have been stoned to death, prostitutes will never get a second chance because they'll never be worthy. is that the message of love our Lord Jesus Christ left you ?...So, because Majek sang secular music before, therefore he's not worthy to glorify God with his voice... who is freeze to judge? was he there when he performed or what song he sang? Thank God for Jesus...

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Awoleesu(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2017
Iamzik:

church accepts you as you are but does not encourage you to remain as you are or grow worse than you were.
Agreed
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2017
talk2ekpa:
PLEASE READ THIS

I pick this spot because this days, whenever the Church of Christ is mentioned, that is when you'll start seeing all kinds of comments and opinions even from folks who don't even read their Bible talk more of understanding the Letter and the Rhema revelations therein.

It came to pass one day, John the beloved walk up to Jesus and told him; “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

I would expect Jesus to ask; who is he, is he a drunkard, a womanizer, a worldly musician or a Reggae Artist?. But He never asked that. He simply said; No, “Do not stop him...,” and in the next verse Jesus said: for whoever is not against us is for us. Why because, whoever he is and whatsoever he does is inconsequential. But what matter most is the fact that he is not against us

Now to Daddy FRZ and any christian or so called bloggers or writers on this thread or out there, who look for every single opportunity to criticize the church or give room for criticism on the church through any means, either by supporting or broadcasting critic writings and materials against the body of Christ. YOU ARE AGAINST CHRIST, and I can tell you with all assurance that if you are against Christ, He will be against you!

Read it Again: for whoever is not against us is for us

That prostitute or worldly artist you are criticizing the church for, is far better than you doing the critics, read it again: for whoever is not against us is for us

....on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The Church has been matching, long before FRZ was born, and it will keep matching on even after his death.

And I tell you people and your father FRZ did not repent, miserable death await all of you criticizing the church, for I tell all of you the days of Korah, Dathan and Abiram is here, and if you people don't repent, the misery of Korah, Dathan and Abiram will be your portion.

Most sensible post!

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by BluntBoy(m): 11:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
Nothing is wrong about performing in a church.

The Church is a place for sinners, just as Hospital is a place for the sick.

The church is the body of Christ, not a place for sinners. The Church is not like a hospital. The church is like a physician sent to the sick (sinners).
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 11:36am On Dec 19, 2017
internationalman:
Daddy freeze is right...

Even Majek Fashek once said in a song that religion is politics..
" once said"...
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by shalomm: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2017
masterchi:
For over two years now Majek has been undergoing rehab with/sponsored by House on the Rock and Pst Paul. Is it not posible that during that time so much would have changed in His life? All ye people that come online to judge and condemn other people without getting the full fact how do you feel when people do that to you? When are we going to forget 'our church' and start defending the body of Christ. I'm pissed when people come online to exalt one member over another. finally Majek can sing where ever he wants and it is not the business of freeze, mine nor urs and we should not put ourselves in any position to judge.

God forgive you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 11:42am On Dec 19, 2017
Awoleesu:
Of course, you're wrong Freeze; Christianity accepts you just as you are... And that's what distinguishes it from the others you listed.
He can never understand that because he's a judgmental person that can only condemn people...
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by mickeymimi: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2017
We should learn to accommodate other people ......just cos some Christians complained that he is not born again ... they cancelled his show .....some Christians will not even mix or make friends with unbelievers ......I wonder how they win people to Christ .....
PASTOR SUSPENDED OVER PASUMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_GefRWQWI

UNBELIEVABLE! PASUMA SINGS PRAISES OF DADDY GO PASTOR ADEBOYE LIVE ON STAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vpfvDPhrw
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by yomskin(m): 11:45am On Dec 19, 2017
masterchi:

agreed!!.....but which of his songs will he sing in church thats gospel? just asking
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by BluntBoy(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2017
A church should be participatory rather than passive. Everyone is supposed to contribute their gifts when the Church assembles. The passive church we have today where special people called pastors do the talking and the other worshipers (unbiblically referred to as laypeople) sit like zombies and listen and swallow up everything the so-called pastors say is unbiblical and exploitative.

This is how a true Church should conduct herself:

What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation Let all things be done for edification. If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret; but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment. But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted; and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. (1 Corinthians 14:26-33)
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by nonjebose(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Understand the facts of the matter here.

He performed on the altar. The altar is a very holy place, inddeed in the old testament it was termed the holies of holies. It wasn't a place where anyhow persons entered.

I don't think any sane person has any problem with Majek performing. Rather the problem is with him performing on the altar. The Altar has lost its meaning then.

But I feel such disrespect for the Altar is only a norm in Pentecostal churches. You can't pull such stunt in the Catholic church. Never. A place

where you perform Eucharistic ceremonies. A place where the tabernacle is. That is what one Reggae musician would come and perform. Rubbish..

I thought the bible taught that the temple or altar of God is our body in 1 Cor 6:19. The emphasis should be placed on lives, so the altar has got a new meaning which is higher.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by PointZerom: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2017
talk2ekpa:
I pick this spot because this days, whenever the Church of Christ is mentioned, that is when you'll start seeing all kinds of comments and opinions even from folks who don't even read their Bible talk more of understanding the Letter and the Rhema revelations therein.

It came to pass one day, John the beloved walk up to Jesus and told him; “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

I would expect Jesus to ask; who is he, is he a drunkard, a womanizer, a worldly musician or a Reggae Artist?. But He never asked that. He simply said; No, “Do not stop him...,” and in the next verse Jesus said: for whoever is not against us is for us. Why because, whoever he is and whatsoever he does is inconsequential. But what matter most is the fact that he is not against us

Now to Daddy FRZ and any christian or so called bloggers or writers on this thread or out there, who look for every single opportunity to criticize the church or give room for criticism on the church through any means, either by supporting or broadcasting critic writings and materials against the body of Christ. YOU ARE AGAINST CHRIST, and I can tell you with all assurance that if you are against Christ, He will be against you!

Read it Again: for whoever is not against us is for us

That prostitute or worldly artist you are criticizing the church for, is far better than you doing the critics, read it again: for whoever is not against us is for us
You got it wrong sir, the man that was stopped by d apostles for casting out demons was actually doing d right thing, the only problem he has was that he doesnt belong to the twelve and the apostles due to lack of knowledge stopped him. Just like a police officer stopping a civilian from aprehending a thief because the civilian is not part of them. But Jesus knows better hence his rebuking them. In the case of Majek performing in d church, it is wrong and should be discouraged. If the man the apostles stopped from driving out demons was commiting fornication and they stopped him, Jesus would have surpported them.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) by starz100: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2017
Awoleesu:
You are very wrong. Stop sounding like Christianity does not have a standard. The Church can be likened to a rehab where lives are supposed to be transformed and NOT deformed by introducing worldly musical acts. We know all these are tactics by pastors to sustain their church membership.
If what you and others are saying is correct, then even the "one corner" singer can also be invited to perform for "saints". Jesus went to sinners to bring them into his fold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rapper AKA Caught In Gay Club Doing This (see Photos) / Portable Signs Endorsement Deal With Sujimoto Construction Company (Pix, Video) / Nigerians Blast Seyi Shay On Twitter For Meeting GEJ In A Too Revealing Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.