Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles (23317 Views)

Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by GuyfawkesAB(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Animals!!!

They haven't protested against the ills in the North caused by Boko Haram; discrimination of the girl-child who is not educated and sent into early marriages, building of more mosques and less of schools for proper education...

They should first of all protest for the rights of the Woman in Mecca and Saudi Arabia who are in bondage, who only got the right to drive recently and are still prohibited from walking on the streets alone amidst countless of other inhuman restrictions (which their own women enjoy here in Nigeria). If they can protest to Saudi Arabia, their Headquarters to allow their women basic human rights and get good results, then their fight for other muslim women elsewhere is justified

3 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Okeji:
U av no knowledge of what u are premeditating. pls i advise u to go n read ur bible n stop ranting
And you have no knowledge of the Quran. Show us where the Quran itself, mentioned the word "hijab," to be worn by female Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.

Write this again and THUNDER ll locate u ASAP cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by onenaija001(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
policy12:

...abeg let the idol worshippers get ready

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Dollyak(f): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Olemabu:

why do you choose a profession that denies your religious clothing. you had choice.
my religion doesn't let me be a prostitute, so I leave that occupation
hello?
You are having a bad attempt at a cheap shot. Who said I was a Muslim in the first place? I am not in the mood to school you so I'll let you off.

Fyi, my issue is with the inconsistency behind the reasoning of the law.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by gaskiyamagana: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
All of you are mad.
..... including writer of 1Chorintian 11 : 5 - 10.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Dollyak(f): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Western culture you call it. Why are you typing with a.western made phone ? You see how you clip your wings yourself ? You lot are selective in your judgement .
You need to appropriate your reasoning if you can't see the flaw in your argument.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by babajeje123(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

God will not frustrate them. Our men of God have betrayed us. If you have money, you better start making plans to leave.
Oga, stop this your sensational, fear-inducing and unconfirmed story. Nigeria is God's delight and it belongs to us all. Rather than running away from these infidels, I would rather advise Christians to be more united, irrespective of denominations which is our bane. Let's see to the removal of sharia law in our constitution, let's see to the removal of Arabic writings from our currencies. Nigeria does not belong to either Muslim or Christian or any other religion. It is for us All. And any government that wants to put one religion above another shall not stand.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:

Oga, stop this your sensational, fear-inducing and unconfirmed story. Nigeria is God's delight and it belongs to us all. Rather than running away from these infidels, I would rather advise Christians to be more united, irrespective of denominations which is our bane. Let's see to the removal of sharia law in our constitution, let's see to the removal of Arabic writings from our currencies. Nigeria does not belong to either Muslim or Christian or any other religion. It is for us All. And any government that wants to put one religion above another shall not stand.

What efforts have we made to force the muslims to the table to discuss or challenge them? What are our men of God doing? I advise that while trying to counter these muslims, we should ensure that most christians raise money to leave. I advocate we fight them or we let them win just like that. Do we have the unity to fight them?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by toye440: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
Let dem come.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by vtsouthpaw(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
Demonstrating how peaceful they are!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by seguntijan(m): 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
When the issue of protecting the rights of women in hijab is raised, some people will come up with unrelated ideas. You will hear, "Let's have Cele people too wear their sutana and keep bare foot everywhere. Let the Egungun dress in their regalia. Those of the Ezemo ilk should adorn their costume..."
No one is holding them now. It's a free world.
We are all living witnesses to an attempt to play that out in Osun State the other day. Those of other religions went on to instruct their wards to dress in chorister's uniform, sango wears, among other ceremonial wears in protest to the hijab uniform to Muslim school girls. We could all see how theirs wasn't sustainable. Their dressing styles are purely ceremonial.
Unlike the hijab, these dressings cited are only ceremonial wears. The hijab isn't a ceremonial wear. It's every time you see that woman in hijab but you want her to remove it to disregard God's commandments. She doesn't wear it occasionally. She believes it's part of her religion. The Nigerian law respects her right to practice her religion. Her right to wear the hijab does, in no way, harm the rights of non-hijab wearers. So, what's your problem?

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
toye440:
Click like if u believe MURIC to b a CULT.

You better get ready to resist them offline istead of online platitudes. The muslims are not playing with we christians in this country. They want to islamise the country. Our men of God can continue using our tithes for airplanes and fast cars while the muslims perfect their plans. The joke is ultimately on Nigerian Christians. The rich are already looking at us from abroad to see what will become of Nigeria.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Tomigyer(m): 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Was she the only Muslim female law to be called to bar that day? There was no way she could be the only female Muslim. Why have others not complained? Law school is a secular agency of the federal government and does not align with any religion. This lady is not serious and the NSCIA too is not a serious body if not there are over one million and one problems in Nigeria to stage a protest against but it hasn't deemed so only to be talking of protesting for a non existing problem. Law school has her conventions which every law student must abide by. After all Nigeria is a secular state and not a religious state like Saudi Arabia. NSCIA should tell the FG to establish an Islamic law school for law graduates and allow the conventional law school to operate base on its standards.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by drshamo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Aunty, see eh, there is this agreement all Law school students sign before the commencement of the programme, promising to abide by the Law School's rules and regulations (including the dress code)

Now, for the same person to go against that agreement that she wilfully signed is quite stupid. This lady only wants to trend and if this issue gets to court, she doesn't have a case at all. Not one bit.

It's as simple as that.

Abuja allowed the use of small/mini hijab and that's y she choose abj who is at least linient abt the use of hijab... Sentiment apart, she was treated badly. U can read the rules of school of law, Abuja and get back to me....
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by babajeje123(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

What efforts have we made to force the muslims to the table to discuss or challenge them? What are our men of God doing? I advise that while trying to counter these muslims, we should ensure that most christians raise money to leave. I advocate we fight them or we let them win just like that. Do we have the unity to fight them?
We don't need to call anybody to any table. Social media is a powerful tool. These infidels are already signing e-petitions against law school. And please, we don't need to fight anyone for we were not taught to do so. Rather, let's mobilise ourselves. Let's trend removal of these islamic signage from our national properties. We can't run away from these cowards.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:

We don't need to cal anybody to any table. Social media is a powerful tool. These infidels are already signing e-petitions against law school.And please, [/b]we don't need to fight anyone for we were not taught to do so[b]. Rather, let's mobilise ourselves. Let's trend removal of these islamic signage from our national properties. We can't run away from these cowards.

This nonsense is exactly the reason why they are doing what they are doing. Did Israel survive by trending nonsense on Social Media? You think muslims are that nice? How many muslims use social media compared to Christians? Get prepared to fight them or get your passport ready. We christians like sitting pretty too much. You can continue offering platitudes on the internet.

I hope you are seeing what muslims are doing in the middle belt and the christian parts of the core north?

Just continue your gentle advocacy....
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
drshamo:

Abuja allowed the use of small/mini hijab and that's y she choose abj who is at least linient abt the use of hijab... Sentiment apart, she was treated badly. U can read the rules of school of law, Abuja and get back to me....
Wrong!! . Abuja Law School only permitted the girls to wear small head scarf, and NOT Hijab. And the rules regarding lawyer's dressing to court or call-to-bar, does not expressly state that hijab is an approved item of clothing, that can be worn with the wig and gown. Kano Law School does not even permit scarf or hijab.

Show us where it is written in the dress code for lawyers, that Abuja Law School allows hijab.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by drshamo(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
baqina:
Hhhmm... D lady has d right to wear her hijab and d law school has d right to ensure uniformity and protect her law.... Ds is interesting,which law will bow for another?

National law supersede any organization law meaning the law of the country is bigger than the law of any school of law... Everybody have the right to practice his/her religion... And again Abuja sch of law allow the use of mini hijab when call to bar... u can check their rules and get back to me on it.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by superstar1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
seguntijan:
When the issue of protecting the rights of women in hijab is raised, some people will come up with unrelated ideas. You will hear, "Let's have Cele people too wear their sutana and keep bare foot everywhere. Let the Egungun dress in their regalia. Those of the Ezemo ilk should adorn their costume..."
No one is holding them now. It's a free world.
We are all living witnesses to an attempt to play that out in Osun State the other day. Those of other religions went on to instruct their wards to dress in chorister's uniform, sango wears, among other ceremonial wears in protest to the hijab uniform to Muslim school girls. We could all see how theirs wasn't sustainable. Their dressing styles are purely ceremonial.
Unlike the hijab, these dressings cited are only ceremonial wears. The hijab isn't a ceremonial wear. It's every time you see that woman in hijab but you want her to remove it to disregard God's commandments. She doesn't wear it occasionally. She believes it's part of her religion. The Nigerian law respects her right to practice her religion. Her right to wear the hijab does, in no way, harm the rights of non-hijab wearers. So, what's your problem?

It is God;s commandment and God was so stupid not to give you one when you were coming to the world?

What a wicked God He must be?

Religion fanatics just like hiding behind's God's commandment.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by gaskiyamagana: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
deleo16:
Hijab is hot
1 Corinthian 11 :5 - 10 is hotier if not hotiest.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by NeeKlaus: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
drshamo:

What do you mean she was treated badly? How is she different from other Muslim girls that have passed through Law school without these unnecessary hassles?

The primary aim of the dress code is for uniformity. If different religions are allowed to adorn their different regalia, imagine how that Hall would be. Will it be a pleasurable sight at all?

You people should leave sentiments apart and focus on the realistic part of things.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by babajeje123(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

This nonsense is exactly the reason why they are doing what they are doing. Did Israel survive by trending nonsense on Social Media? You think muslims are that nice? How many muslims use social media compared to Christians? Get prepared to fight them or get your passport ready. We christians like sitting pretty too much. You can continue offering platitudes on the internet.
Ok, shey you don ready?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by tit(f): 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
We will kill anybody who oppose hijab
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by drshamo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Vivere:

Wrong!! . Abuja Law School only permitted the girls to wear small head scarf, and NOT Hijab. And the rules regarding lawyer's dressing to court or call-to-bar, does not expressly state that hijab is an approved item of clothing, that can be worn with the wig and gown. Kano Law School does not even permit scarf or hijab.

Show us where it is written in the dress code for lawyers, that Abuja Law School allows hijab.

This is nt a matter of sentiment and don't assume what u don't know... She graduated form unilorin and she can easily do her law school in Lagos which is close to her home town bt she knew that Lagos and d likes don't accept hijab or scarf at all and choose abuja knowing Abuja permit mini hijab for their call to bar... pls don't assume, confirm this from the right source and they will tell u d truth abt dis...
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by gaskiyamagana: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Vivere:

And you have no knowledge of the Quran. Show us where the Quran itself, mentioned the word "hijab," to be worn by female Muslims.
Oga quote for us where it was condemned in the Bible.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by NeeKlaus: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
drshamo:

National law supersede any organization law meaning the law of the country is bigger than the law of any school of law... Everybody have the right to practice his/her religion... And again Abuja sch of law allow the use of mini hijab when call to bar... u can check their rules and get back to me on it.
Yes, Federal laws supersede all other laws but there is an exception as regards organisations.

Where a person voluntarily agrees to be part of an organization and vows to conform to the Laws of that "organisation", then such Laws will be legally recognized by a court of Law as long as the person wasn't forced to join or sign any agreement as regards such an organization.

It's in the Constitution. Go and look for it. I repeat, Firdaus has no case.

7 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:

Ok, shey you don ready?

Wetin do me? But we need sincere leaders and good weapons. The Ekiti success story is a vivid example. For all the insults you can heap on fayose, being a coward to muslim antics is not one of them.

Osinbajo is a pastor and he and the RCCG have failed to provide leadership when needed. The Americans, the Israelis and the far right is Europe are getting it right against islam but we are still playing in this part of the world.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by dabeto: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
I have just ran a check at Afghan embassy to confirm how many of this so called Nigerian Muslim send their children to Afghanistan to school and learn a perfect Islamic lifestyle and discovered none. Rather they travel in droves to western countries where life is good and there's freedom to live and attempt to upturn the very good life by creating chaos.
I will never blame any Muslim for his violent nature because it's not his making. If God has chosen to bless one nation above all and then make a pronouncement that another will be a wild ass and today we see all these, isn't it enough to place the issue at the right quarters.
I worry less about world events and situations because every second we live and the world moves, it's according to God's plan and project. Hijab issue is not peculair to Nigeria, the entire western world is facing same problem.
Muslim will continue to make demands rightly or wrongly as they continue to grow in population. As they make gains in their demands through violence and chaos and establish an Islamic jurisprudence (Sharia) society all over the world, an Afghanistan like society which many liberal Muslim fear will emerge.
There's no stopping Islam. When next they make their untoward demand, ask God why He chose to make Ishmael a wild ass. Only God can grant peace to the world, not religion or political system. cool

4 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by starz100: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
If every religion is radical as you are , I am sure you won't have a country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

Oga quote for us where it was condemned in the Bible.
The Bible was not mentioned here, but the Quran. Or is Firdaus Amasa who refused to remove her hijab, now a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by toye440: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Vivere:

d hijab was adopted by Muslims, its a material culture to d Persians dey used d hijab due to their sandy weather.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) / Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.