Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold (4347 Views)

Unpopular Opinion; Simps Make Better Husbands. / Why Is Child Adoption Unpopular In Nigeria? / Opinion: Do You Think A Child Is The Parents Property? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hello, there

hope you don't mind sharing some of your unpopular opinions with everyone on this forum

Mine are

1. I think the world would be a better place if we look up to scientists and engineers as our role models, instead of entertainers.

2. I have this opinion that Africa is cursed, the same reason why a country like Ethiopia that was not colonized by any western nation remains a third-world country despite all the years they've existed.

3. I don't believe in hell, nor heaven though I'm a Christian cos Christianity is the best religion that suits my belief system. but for hell and heaven is a
No no for me

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by saucecoder: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
MountainView:
Hello, there

hope you don't mind sharing some of your unpopular opinions with everyone on this forum

Mine are

1. I think the world would be a better place if we look up to scientists and engineers as our role models, instead of entertainers.

2. I have this opinion that Africa is cursed, the same reason why a country like Ethiopia that was not colonized by any western nation remains a third-world country despite all the years they've existed.

3. I don't believe in hell, nor heaven though I'm a Christian cos Christianity is the best religion that suits my belief system. but for hell and heaven is a
No no for me

1. Partially agree.
I fault you for grouping all entertainers together. Entertainment in the truest sense is an art and art is also science. It's better if people know who the true artists are and still look up to them.

2. Agree.
I believe there are scriptures where certain people were cursed to be of eternal servitude to others. Whether Negroes were part of these curses is still up for scrutiny in many quarters.

3. You're confused about this cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Chapter1vs6(m): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2019
1. I believe that it's possible to move from point A to C.
I believe that just the same way we transfer files through wifi, I believe humans too can travel in such ways
2. I believe that Nigeria will be better one day and also be a global power.
3. I believe I can conquer anger

4. I believe I will work with Seun one day

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by elektra(f): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
I believe that ALL pastors are liars and manipulative. The moment anyone proclaims "I am a pastor", anything they say is taken with a pinch of salt.

I believe that religion has ZERO effect on people's behaviors/attitude/values, rather upbringing/societal influence are what shapes a person's values.

I believe that se.x work should be legal, there I said it. It should, however, be strictly regulated by the government (of course Nigeria is not the best country to implement this since it will be abused, but in saner countries it might allow these men/women to get proper healthcare and stop hiding in the shadows)

I believe CARROTS do not belong in FRIED RICE! It doesn't enhance the taste in anyway.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by doitforyou(f): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sometimes, blood is not thicker than water.
Prostitution should be legal.
Life is not unfair.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by saucecoder: 11:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hehehehe, see undercover okpos dey wish for dem work to become legal grin grin Easy money tinz

Muhehehe cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 12:06am On Oct 15, 2019
Please Someone should move this to the front page, it deserves attention

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by StrikeBack(m): 6:21am On Oct 15, 2019
Let's wait for FP
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by genq(m): 6:47am On Oct 15, 2019
1. I believe Nigeria was never meant to be and must be divided into at least TWO different countries for it to work (North and South) ... Just like Korea and South Korea. Hausa/Fulanis are NOT one of us. They are more similar in culture and lifestyle to Chadians and Somalians.

2. I believe the girl child is sweeter to raise than the male child. I believe the girl child brings wealth (as most wealthy men have more female children than male).

3. I believe women have shot themselves in the foot with the feminist movement grin they want equal BENEFITS but not equal RESPONSIBILITY but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way sweethearts wink

4. I believe that society treats members of the LGBTQ community wrongly. Third world countries condemn them while the western countries celebrates them - these are both wrong. LGBTQ folks are MENTALLY deranged and DEMONICALLY possessed. They need deliverance and/or psychological treatment. Not condemnation or encouragement - they need HELP.

5. I believe the black race is cursed with the spirit of lack, disorganization, backwardness, and hatred as these things are evident wherever black folks are gathered.

6. I believe that if satan was a race he would be WHITE - very advanced a civilised people but extremely calculative and wicked - always going to and fro to other peoples countries, seeking whom to devour.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
1. I believe that it's possible to move from point A to C.
I believe that just the same way we transfer files through wifi, I believe humans too can travel in such ways
2. I believe that Nigeria will be better one day and also be a global power.
3. I believe I can conquer anger

4. I believe I will work with Seun one day

So, what's special about "working with Seun"
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Kendumazy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Funny thread.
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by mrjojo: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
MountainView:
Hello, there

Mine are

No no for me

i agree 100% with this, it not just Africa. It a black thing. The most dangerous and improvished parts of America/London is black-dominated. There is this absurd way the black man reason and see things.

4 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by swoopiness(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
i think the people above me are not Alright except the LGBT guy (him get sense small)

4 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
We are all gods. But covered in flesh, we have forgotten that we are gods.

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2019

4 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by elektra(f): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
FrLukas:
We are all gods. But covered in flesh, we have forgotten that we are gods.

I’m intrigued. What fuels this belief?
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
elektra:

I’m intrigued. What fuels this belief?

Jesus Christ quoted the 82nd Psalm when he was accused of equating himself to God. It is stated there clearly that we are gods.

We are like a divine being who looking down from heaven got into the body of a pig and then promptly forgot that he was a divine being.

That is exactly who we are.

5 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
I believe religion was created for those who cannot think for themselves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
Sweet thread.

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Kweenluchy: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
I believe there is nothing like love, we love people according to our needs at the time

That God is a partial God

That African marriages should be conducted like that of the whites without going to the umunna and putting much stress on the celebrant

That after graduation, the government should just give us the 19800*12 at once for us to use it and venture into entrepreneurship .

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Peter5694(m): 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
I think we blacks were the great Egyptians that enslaved the people of isreal and also the minds behind the Early civilization(such as pyramids).. before God placed a Generational curse on Us

I believe if God Hadn't done that 'Blacks would've been the Colonial Masters and World Power

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by CHoccolaTE: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
1. I truly honestly believe that majority of men at least 80% have innate hatred of women. The way they get so excited to put women in inferior gender status and undermine and insult them is proof. I don't believe they consider women inferior because of religious scriptures, they do it because putting women down makes them happy even though it's not justified. Christianity is trying to be more modern and overlook or ignore the more anti female parts of their religion especially the ones in the old testament, but Islam just said fvck it we are going to demean them as much as we possibly can.
Time and time again in different eras and different religions men keep doing their best to stop women from progressing. It must be some kind of mental illness they suffer from.

2. Women truly lack unity and cohesion among themselves. Let's not pretend that is not the case. In any system where a certain group of ppl are oppressed, it would make sense for them to unite against their oppressors won't it? In times of slavery black people had code words and coded songs they used to say to pass messages so white slaveowners won't know what they are saying but if you put a four women in a marriage or house with a man that harasses and maltreats them, they will turn on each other and their co wives children instead of the person making their lives miserable. This lack of unity doesn't manifest in only marriage settings, it's there in offices and hostels and compounds etc. I think th e reason they direct their frustration to their fellow women instead of men is because they are taught to believe men are better than them so they subconsciously think they shouldn't engage their superiors.

3. Marriage has outlived its usefulness but of course backward stoneage countries like Nigeria will never realise this and majority of the people here still put pressure on young unmarried people. How can your country be overpopulated and impossible impoverished but your idiotic self still thinks we need more kids from marriages? Is adoption a crime?

4. Nigeria can never get better, I feel sorry for those hoping it will.

5. Black people have a problem that is keeping all their countries backward. Even the black countries outside Africa.

9 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
This thread is hilarious!

You read a point you want to seriously challenge and the poster in the next point throws sometime else.

@Black race curse: I believe it. There is no other explanation.

Unpopular opinions:

Nigerians love the semblance of marriage however do not understand the basics.

True democracy cannot exist in Nigeria.

Nigerians do not understand leadership.

5 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Octopusssy(f): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
That teenagers should not own phones until after secondary school.

Women should never proposition men

Teenagers should not date until they are 19 and above.

The world is too noisy and people talk too much. All they do is gab and yap, spraying the spittle of their endless chatter into the already polluted atmosphere. The governments world over should be enforce a National Silence Day that takes place at least once a week where everyone will be quiet for 24 hours. Violaters should be whipped and tossed into solitary confinement.

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Octopusssy(f): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
genq:
1. I believe Nigeria was never meant to be and must be divided into at least TWO different countries for it to work (North and South) ... Just like Korea and South Korea. Hausa/Fulanis are NOT one of us. They are more similar in culture and lifestyle to Chadians and Somalians.

2. I believe the girl child is sweeter to raise than the male child. I believe the girl child brings wealth (as most wealthy men have more female children than male).

3. I believe women have shot themselves in the foot with the feminist movement grin they want equal BENEFITS but not equal RESPONSIBILITY but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way sweethearts wink

4. I believe that society treats members of the LGBTQ community wrongly. Third world countries condemn them while the western countries celebrates them - these are both wrong. LGBTQ folks are MENTALLY deranged and DEMONICALLY possessed. They need deliverance and/or psychological treatment. Not condemnation or encouragement - they need HELP.

5. I believe the black race is cursed with the spirit of lack, disorganization, backwardness, and hatred as these things are evident wherever black folks are gathered.

6. I believe that if satan was a race he would be WHITE - very advanced a civilised people but extremely calculative and wicked - always going to and fro to other peoples countries, seeking whom to devour.
LMAO
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nigeria is a multi ethnic and multi religious society. As such Muslim Women should have the choice to wear hijabs in school or the workplace if they want to.
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by nappy760(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
I feel what we as humans do not know or can not see outnumbers what we know or can see.

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
Breaststroke:
Interesting.....

1. I have zero interest/desire in being a mother and having children of my own.

2. Marriage can be sweet & enjoyable even without children.

MountainView, your 3rd point intrigues me, how is it you are a Christian but don't believe in heaven or hell? I'm just curious.

Can I challenge this belief? Will you take me up on the challenge just for fun?

Sure, my point is simple, according to the Bible, he knows you,before you were conceived, he knows your final destination, Hw knows if you'll either make heaven or hell, why then would he then let you go to hell, even when he knows that's your final path, "Can a father give stone to his child for bread"??

I'm not interested in any argument, like I said, its an unpopular opinion of mine, even if I go to hell for this, no be your hell, na my own

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Octopusssy:
That teenagers should not own phones until after secondary school.

Women should never proposition men

Teenagers should not date until they are 19 and above.

The world is too noisy and people talk too much. All they do is gab and yap, spraying the spittle of their endless chatter into the already polluted atmosphere. The governments world over should be enforce a National Silence Day that takes place at least once a week where everyone will be quiet for 24 hours. Violaters should be whipped and tossed into solitary confinement.
This person get mind oh

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by stacyadams: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
grin I have tried to picture naija as a world super power,but with d reality on ground,naija will always remain a 4th world country

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by stacyadams: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
MountainView:

Sure, my point is simple, according to the Bible, he knows you,before you were conceived, he knows your final destination, Hw knows if you'll either make heaven or hell, why then would he then let you go to hell, even when he knows that's your final path, "Can a father give stone to his child for bread"??

I'm not interested in any argument, like I said, its an unpopular opinion of mine, even if I go to hell for this, no be your hell, na my own
grin grin

Some body lied
Some body smoked weed
Some body told us heaven is paradise
Some body told us there is hell fire
Some body made fallacies look real
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Ye Mz/Mrs Endowed....Pls Come Over.!!!!! / Why Are Some Men Heartless / I Need Friends Badly. Good Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.