Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2085057 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hope this means the airport can now operate day and nighttime flights! This will improve its viability and profitability! It’s archaic how airports in Nigeria shut down once it gets dark!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 1:11pm On Jan 01
This was uploaded on YouTube about 4 days ago and i decided to bring it here so it gets more publicity.

This young boy is barely out of his diapers and he's already putting a lot of us to shame answering maths questions most of us struggled to answer even in senior secondary school! undecided Li'l man is not normal....and i mean that in a nice way! Someone mentioned in the comments that he's most likely a savant and i agree! He needs to be supported...something like a scholarship up to university level would be ideal!

This boy is exceptional and needs the right environment to thrive and achieve his best potential! I don't want Nigeria to happen to him (we all know what this means) so suggest he's sent abroad ASAP....and with his family since he's still too young. This is where hopefully some high-networth individual will step in to help! Whoever is ready to help will reap the rewards and feel a sense of accomplishment years down the line when this brilliant boy grows up to be a top scientist in NASA, a inventor or something like that! If however no assistance comes in a few months (i say months because i know how we like to dilly-dally, procrastinate and waste time getting round to doing the needful), then the boy and his parents should approach the US gov't through their embassy....a country that values and knows how to nurture these kind of gifted children! But let me warn here that if we lose him to the US or any other western country, we've lost him for good!

I make this suggestion bearing in mind that if he's left to go through the usual uninspiring Nigerian educational system, his talent and potential could be wasted and under-utilised, and at best he may end up being a doctor or engineer working in a Nigerian ministry and answering to some quota-system enabled boss who was pushed through the system and can barely string a error-free sentence together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6BlRInolI?si=f49aBdcn3EPw6jJR

Isn't it kinda weird seeing a comment you made just yesterday showing it was posted in a different year! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 2:00pm On Jan 02
Streets of Awka

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02
NEWSCENTER:
Streets of Awka
Beautiful. I am glad Anambra streets are now wearing new look. Clean and free from sand stain on both sides. I think the sidewalk helped.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:38pm On Jan 02
Picture from Nnewi as Soludo officiate commissioning of primary health center built by Ibeto.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02
This is highly commendable

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:46pm On Jan 02
OZUBULU GETS 2.27KM OF ROAD AND ULTRA MODERN MARKET COURTESY OF NWAKAIBEYA OZUBULU (AGBALANZE)

The call for private investment, collaboration as well as the collective efforts of well meaning ndi Anambra giving back to the society in a bid to facilitate development of the state, the Anambra state Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo Commissioned a market and a 2.27 km road in Eziora Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area.

The philanthropist High Chief Sir. Kenneth Ifekudu, who built the road and the market showed that in developing Anambra, all hands must be on deck.

In his speech, Governor Soludo commended Sir. Ifekudu's efforts his "think home philosophy " noting "Anambra is praying for men that has the money and equally has the heart to use it to the benefits of their community like Nwakaibeya Ozubulu "

The Governor in his remarks, noted that the government is ready for a collaboration between the state government and private individuals, communities and companies who are ready and willing to complement governments efforts.

Outlining the priorities of the government in human capital development, including free education in public schools, free antenatal and delivery services, and other programmes aimed at empowering the underprivileged, reaffirming his Commitment to running a government for the Poor.

Chief Ifekudu in his speech, thanked the governor for coming, he further commended his efforts in developing the state and continous support for "Aku Luo Uno " idea

According to him, "giving back to the society has always been a culture for me, with over 600 solar lights I sponsored across Ozubulu, I have promised and will continue to do more for my people" Chief Ifekudu stated

Present during the commissioning include Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Ernest Ezeajughi, Chief Protocol Officer, Hon Chinedu Nwoye, Commissioner for Works & Infrastructure Engr Ifeanyi Okoma, Member Representing Nnewi North, Nnewi South and Ekwusigo Federal Constituency, Hon Uchenna Clement Nwachukwu Eleodimmuo , Former Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs Anambra State, Lady Ndidi Mezue Ada Dioramma , Former TC Chairman Ekwusigo, Mr Austine Enendu, Commissioner for Housing & Urban Development Pauli Onyeka, Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, Mr Tony Nwabunwanne, the Obi of Ozubulu, Igwe Nnamdi Fidelis Oruche, TC Chairman Ekwusigo LGA, Mr Chimezie Obi, among others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02
GOVERNOR SOLUDO COMMISSIONS NEW ROAD AT UMUERI

_COMMENDS PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL FOR COMMUNITY DRIVEN INITIATIVE

Private Individuals has continued to contribute immensely to development as the Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo officially commissioned yet another road built at Umueri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

Chief Josephat Onwualor (Igwe Nyelu Oku) who built the road is a philanthropist and community development enthusiast who is dedicated and committed to community development.

According to the Governor while commissioning the road project he emphasised the need for Private-Public involvement in development of the state.

Speaking further, the governor noted that unlocking Anambra's development potentials requires collective effort and contributions of all men of goodwill.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 12:31am On Jan 03
Newly constructed "Dalobi Hotel and Suites" at Eziowelle town in Idemili North of Anambra State, with 88 luxurious rooms and apartments

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 8:00am On Jan 03
Chikeluba25:
Beautiful. I am glad Anambra streets are now wearing new look. Clean and free from sand stain on both sides. I think the sidewalk helped.

Yes. The Americans generally pave the sides of roads with cement for the same reason of neatness and reducing sand buildup from the sides. Something Nigeria in shortcut mode does not. Soludo is doing well with selecting areas of the town to pave such as major roads and the Executive Business District.

They should also adopt another American town planning concept called ZONING. Move things to where they are supposed to be. Remove all inter and intra state buses from Unizik junction and Zik Avenue into an Awka Central Bus Station. Create a Central Bus Station in Onitsha and Ekwulobia. Separate traditional informal markets from the center of the town to the edge like Eke Awka and Ochanja and Relief. Let the downtown evolve modern retail undisturbed by primitive trading.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obiaja(f): 8:22am On Jan 03
Chikeluba25:
OZUBULU GETS 2.27KM OF ROAD AND ULTRA MODERN MARKET COURTESY OF NWAKAIBEYA OZUBULU (AGBALANZE)

The call for private investment, collaboration as well as the collective efforts of well meaning ndi Anambra giving back to the society in a bid to facilitate development of the state, the Anambra state Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo Commissioned a market and a 2.27 km road in Eziora Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area.

The philanthropist High Chief Sir. Kenneth Ifekudu, who built the road and the market showed that in developing Anambra, all hands must be on deck.

In his speech, Governor Soludo commended Sir. Ifekudu's efforts his "think home philosophy " noting "Anambra is praying for men that has the money and equally has the heart to use it to the benefits of their community like Nwakaibeya Ozubulu "

The Governor in his remarks, noted that the government is ready for a collaboration between the state government and private individuals, communities and companies who are ready and willing to complement governments efforts.

Outlining the priorities of the government in human capital development, including free education in public schools, free antenatal and delivery services, and other programmes aimed at empowering the underprivileged, reaffirming his Commitment to running a government for the Poor.

Chief Ifekudu in his speech, thanked the governor for coming, he further commended his efforts in developing the state and continous support for "Aku Luo Uno " idea

According to him, "giving back to the society has always been a culture for me, with over 600 solar lights I sponsored across Ozubulu, I have promised and will continue to do more for my people" Chief Ifekudu stated

Present during the commissioning include Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Ernest Ezeajughi, Chief Protocol Officer, Hon Chinedu Nwoye, Commissioner for Works & Infrastructure Engr Ifeanyi Okoma, Member Representing Nnewi North, Nnewi South and Ekwusigo Federal Constituency, Hon Uchenna Clement Nwachukwu Eleodimmuo , Former Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs Anambra State, Lady Ndidi Mezue Ada Dioramma , Former TC Chairman Ekwusigo, Mr Austine Enendu, Commissioner for Housing & Urban Development Pauli Onyeka, Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, Mr Tony Nwabunwanne, the Obi of Ozubulu, Igwe Nnamdi Fidelis Oruche, TC Chairman Ekwusigo LGA, Mr Chimezie Obi, among others.

Where is the ultra modern market bikonu?
Use Of English GS 101 is very important.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 8:51am On Jan 03
Chikeluba25:
GOVERNOR SOLUDO COMMISSIONS NEW ROAD AT UMUERI

_COMMENDS PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL FOR COMMUNITY DRIVEN INITIATIVE

Private Individuals has continued to contribute immensely to development as the Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo officially commissioned yet another road built at Umueri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

Chief Josephat Onwualor (Igwe Nyelu Oku) who built the road is a philanthropist and community development enthusiast who is dedicated and committed to community development.

According to the Governor while commissioning the road project he emphasised the need for Private-Public involvement in development of the state.

Speaking further, the governor noted that unlocking Anambra's development potentials requires collective effort and contributions of all men of goodwill.
this is really great.
God bless everyone who contributed to the success of this.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:42pm On Jan 03
IGBOSON1:
This was uploaded on YouTube about 4 days ago and i decided to bring it here so it gets more publicity.

This young boy is barely out of his diapers and he's already putting a lot of us to shame answering maths questions most of us struggled to answer even in senior secondary school! undecided Li'l man is not normal....and i mean that in a nice way! Someone mentioned in the comments that he's most likely a savant and i agree! He needs to be supported...something like a scholarship up to university level would be ideal!

This boy is exceptional and needs the right environment to thrive and achieve his best potential! I don't want Nigeria to happen to him (we all know what this means) so suggest he's sent abroad ASAP....and with his family since he's still too young. This is where hopefully some high-networth individual will step in to help! Whoever is ready to help will reap the rewards and feel a sense of accomplishment years down the line when this brilliant boy grows up to be a top scientist in NASA, a inventor or something like that! If however no assistance comes in a few months (i say months because i know how we like to dilly-dally, procrastinate and waste time getting round to doing the needful), then the boy and his parents should approach the US gov't through their embassy....a country that values and knows how to nurture these kind of gifted children! But let me warn here that if we lose him to the US or any other western country, we've lost him for good!

I make this suggestion bearing in mind that if he's left to go through the usual uninspiring Nigerian educational system, his talent and potential could be wasted and under-utilised, and at best he may end up being a doctor or engineer working in a Nigerian ministry and answering to some quota-system enabled boss who was pushed through the system and can barely string a error-free sentence together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6BlRInolI?si=f49aBdcn3EPw6jJR

Isn't it kinda weird seeing a comment you made just yesterday showing it was posted in a different year! undecided
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 2:51am On Jan 06
Upcoming Bethel estate near Awka millennium city. More beautiful well planned neighborhoods coming around AMC . Fastest developing city in the region . God continue to bless Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ariesbull: 5:29am On Jan 06
Unbiased1:

All these things you mentioned are good for the growth of Igboland but I'm still not comfortable with Igboland not having, at least, the 3 major assets that sustain every economy which are electricity, fuel and telecommunications. I hope our industrialists look into it because even if we have 1 million industries that employ millions of our people all the Nigerian government needs to do to kill our growth is to shutdown the grid delivering electricity to us and order NNPC to end delivery of fuel to the SE and watch how our millions of industries will shutdown within a week.

The federal government can't do same to the south west because the SW will immediately take control of the Powerplants in their region, they have the worlds largest oil refinery, infact, the South West is currently the most structurally independent region in this country and I respect them for that. They have mastered the Art of using every opportunity they have to attract the most critical infrastructure and industries to their land. Obasanjo built a gas pipeline to Ogun state to power the industries there, Osinbanjo used his influence to ensure the railway in the south west is working fully, they quickly provided land for Dangote to build the world's largest refinery in Lagos which is the smallest state in the country.

I commend those Igbo sons who are building their industries at home and I know that one day we will have those critical assets I mentioned earlier and I hope they come fast. There is small hope now that Imo and Abia state governments have said that they are working on seaports in their various states. I just hope they were serious about it because eastern governors are more of talking with less action. Thank God we have Airports cheesy. With 3 standard international airports even though they barely get international flights, there is stil hope.
why wouldn't they when in Igbo land they keep killing and kidnapping
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 6:00am On Jan 06
ariesbull:
why wouldn't they when in Igbo land they keep killing and kidnapping

Quit commenting if you have nothing sensible to say! Just stick to reading other peoples posts and move on! Your daft post is just dripping with bile and undisguised condescension!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by jamesibor: 6:11am On Jan 06
SpaceTour:
You are one of imo ediots that started it and now you are trying to play victim because you met a superior fire power that clipped your wings. We shall continue to do this until everyone of you learn to be sensible

Chino, you still dey here doing bigotry? Na wa o, when will you grow up?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ariesbull: 6:43am On Jan 06
IGBOSON1:

Quit commenting if you have nothing sensible to say! Just stick to reading other peoples posts and move on! Your daft post is just dripping with bile and undisguised condescension!

Ifele megbuo gi! Nne gi gba aka nwa

You just keep insulting everyone ..your type is the reason they say Igbo especially us Anambra are noisy and lousy ..always disgracing us

Nwata kwuwe onu ...osi okenye Na ogwa wa ya ...

Ana akogheri
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 11:27am On Jan 06
Lol. His stupidity na till infinity

jamesibor:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:52am On Jan 06
ariesbull:

Ifele megbuo gi! Nne gi gba aka nwa

You just keep insulting everyone ..your type is the reason they say Igbo especially us Anambra are noisy and lousy ..always disgracing us

Nwata kwuwe onu ...osi okenye Na ogwa wa ya ...

Ana akogheri

I apportion insults appropriately....and in your case, you had it coming! Imagine one who purports to be Igbo coming on a public forum to yap nonsense about 'they keep killing and kidnapping in Igboland'! You see the heightened spate of insecurity ALL OVER NIGERIA as a consequence of the mismanagement of the security and economy of Nigeria since 2015 by the useless APC gov't, yet you single out Ndigbo for blame! The same Igboland that was adjudged the most peaceful region up until the coming of Buhari, and which still, despite all the imported insecurity into the region, has been rated one of the safest regions in Nigeria today! Or you didn't you see the mass return of Ndigbo to the south-east for Christmas last year? You didn't see the recent report that said Abia and Anambra received one of the highest FDIs in the entire country last year?

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SGANIVA(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06
If all igbo people will start investing in there homes and helping there brothers like Anambra people, igboland will be like hong Kong

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ariesbull: 1:33pm On Jan 06
IGBOSON1:

I apportion insults appropriately....and in your case, you had it coming! Imagine one who purports to be Igbo coming on a public forum to yap nonsense about 'they keep killing and kidnapping in Igboland'! You see the heightened spate of insecurity ALL OVER NIGERIA as a consequence of the mismanagement of the security and economy of Nigeria since 2015 by the useless APC gov't, yet you single out Ndigbo for blame! The same Igboland that was adjudged the most peaceful region up until the coming of Buhari, and which still, despite all the imported insecurity into the region, has been rated one of the safest regions in Nigeria today! Or you didn't you see the mass return of Ndigbo to the south-east for Christmas last year? You didn't see the recent report that said Abia and Anambra received one of the highest FDIs in the entire country last year?
Ifele megbuo gi
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 1:53pm On Jan 06
Na chino fit una , if not for chino ediots like you would have done messy things

jamesibor:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 1:54pm On Jan 06
Na chino fit una wey be ediots. Your stupidity and that of your useless fada are till infinity

wizzyvibes:
Lol. His stupidity na till infinity

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 1:55pm On Jan 06
Beautiful. Anambra is the most developed state in igboland

NEWSCENTER:
Upcoming Bethel estate near Awka millennium city. More beautiful well planned neighborhoods coming around AMC . Fastest developing city in the region . God continue to bless Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 1:57pm On Jan 06
Anambra dey another level. Even villages get wetin others get for their main cities. Keep advancing

NEWSCENTER:
Newly constructed "Dalobi Hotel and Suites" at Eziowelle town in Idemili North of Anambra State, with 88 luxurious rooms and apartments

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Workch: 3:49pm On Jan 07
SGANIVA:
If all igbo people will start investing in there homes and helping there brothers like Anambra people, igboland will be like hong Kong
is Anambra like Hong Kong?
How did you know that other igbo brothers in other states don't do it?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by jamesibor: 4:55pm On Jan 07
FOXDOSSIER:
Na chino fit una , if kit for chino ediots like you would have done messy things

I see you just registered in 2020. Checkout the handles nwabobo, Sunny_Bobo, sunnybobo3 etc. I did more tan chino here but at some point you have to come to realise that bigotry does not pay. Chino is about 45 and should have left this for children like you.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 6:17pm On Jan 07
You are 50 and still in nairaland something you should have left for children to play with. Chino must be doing the right thing for you to be worried so much.

jamesibor:

I see you just registered in 2020. Checkout the handles nwabobo, Sunny_Bobo, sunnybobo3 etc. I did more tan chino here but at some point you have to come to realise that bigotry does not pay. Chino is about 45 and should have left this for children like you.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 6:19pm On Jan 07
This is what I am talking about you ediots always get angry when Anambra is qualified in certain terms? Why not go to your state thread and say whatever you want about your backward useless cursed state. Why are you angry that he related Anambra to hongkong. ?

Workch:
is Anambra like Hong Kong?
How did you know that other igbo brothers in other states don't do it?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 6:20pm On Jan 07
You are right . Anambra is clearly the most developed state in igboland. Other Igbo states should learn to invest more in their states just like Anambra people

SGANIVA:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Workch: 7:45pm On Jan 07
FOXDOSSIER:
This is what I am talking about you ediots always get angry when Anambra is qualified in certain terms? Why not go to your state thread and say whatever you want about your backward useless cursed state. Why are you angry that he related Anambra to hongkong. ?

Anambra dog don dey bark

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.