Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2066173 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (1316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 1:59pm On Apr 01
viccy12:

Go to your Imo state thread. You people are obsessed with Anambra! You will never see us in your space....you are not important to us. Move on

This particular poster is actually from Abia . I don’t know why they can’t focus on their own state

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by viccy12: 2:20pm On Apr 01
ANSMEDIA:

This particular poster is actually from Abia . I don’t know why they can’t focus on their own state

They are obsessed with Anambra but you guys love keeping a blind eye. These people only tolerate us because without Anambra Igbo has nothing.

Go to face book and see the hate your fellow Igbos are pouring on Ndi Anambra just because Allen Onyema and Obiora Okonkwo of United Airlines were hailed by Ndi Anambra for exhibiting a true spirit of Ndi Anambra.

That name Anambra evokes fear and paranoia in the Igbo people. They can't leave this thread alone.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abagworo(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01
Anambra1stSonTV:

You know the facts I don't need to bother myself you know Anambra is the biggest economy base non oil in Southeast and most built up city, Onitsha metropolis is the biggest city in Southeast east measures 81.05km perimeter and 173,277,994 area, while Aba metropolis measures 42.36 perimeter and 129,252,191

Aba is the biggest city in Southeast but the biggest conurbation is the Orlu-Ihiala-Nnewi-Onitsha-Owerri conurbation that covers parts of Imo and Anambra. Aba is the biggest city in landmass and population but not built up. Obingwa alone is bigger than the entire Onitsha metropolis not to talk of Osisioma then Ugwunagbo. That is discounting Aba North and South, Isiala Ngwa North and South.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 2:30pm On Apr 01
Your opinion doesn’t change the reality. Onitsha metropolitan area is the single largest city in igboland, even encyclopedia an international magazine recognized Onitsha as the largest in igboland. Your envy and bitterness cannot change the reality . Anambra is equally the most developed state in Igboland by far that’s why there are millions of imo indigenes living in Onitsha . These are verifiable facts

Abagworo:

Aba is the biggest city in Southeast but the biggest conurbation is the Orlu-Ihiala-Nnewi-Onitsha-Owerri conurbation that covers parts of Imo and Anambra. Aba is the biggest city in landmass and population but not built up. Obingwa alone is bigger than the entire Onitsha metropolis not to talk of Osisioma then Ugwunagbo. That is discounting Aba North and South, Isiala Ngwa North and South.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abagworo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01
Nedu05:
Your opinion doesn’t change the reality. Onitsha metropolitan area is the single largest city in igboland, even encyclopedia an international magazine recognized Onitsha as the largest in igboland. Your envy and bitterness cannot change the reality . Anambra is equally the most developed state in Igboland by far that’s why there are millions of imo indigenes living in Onitsha . These are verifiable facts

That's how you keep deceiving yourself without learning. Whatever I write is factual not fiction cause I stand to gain nor lose anything by stating the truth. Try to visit Obingwa LGA in Abia State then drive through the numerous towns all the way to Akwaibom or visit Isialangwa and transverse the villages you'd understand how huge Aba city is. The issue is that it isn't built up but Ngwaland is almost as large as Lagos. Onitsha on the other hand has limited land and has reached her peak population. Even if you include other towns that urbanized near it they all combined are not up to the size of Obingwa. Do your research, learn and stop seeing everything as competition
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 6:10pm On Apr 01
Useless miserable frustrated envious fellow. This is how hate and envy has clogged your head that you can never reason properly anymore.

Onitsha is the largest city in igboland. Encyclopedia confirmed it. Even Awka is four times bigger than Owerri but your lies and propaganda won’t allow you be rational. Onitsha port is in Ogbaru but today all those areas are considered as Onitsha, that’s why it is called Onitsha port. Onitsha is expanding more into the fourth and fifth LGA.

Propaganda is the reason imo state is backward useless and worthless today but still yet you guys won’t learn

Abagworo:

That's how you keep deceiving yourself without learning. Whatever I write is factual not fiction cause I stand to gain nor lose anything by stating the truth. Try to visit Obingwa LGA in Abia State then drive through the numerous towns all the way to Akwaibom or visit Isialangwa and transverse the villages you'd understand how huge Aba city is. The issue is that it isn't built up but Ngwaland is almost as large as Lagos. Onitsha on the other hand has limited land and has reached her peak population. Even if you include other towns that urbanized near it they all combined are not up to the size of Obingwa. Do your research, learn and stop seeing everything as competition

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:35pm On Apr 01
Over 500km? Awka capital territory area is so massive. Beautiful

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:39pm On Apr 01
ANSMEDIA:
Over 500km? Awka capital territory area is so massive. Beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gariepinus: 10:13pm On Apr 02
Solution is trying.. I'm impressed...but let him change commissioner for environment..the man is too dull... massive sweeping of our major roads should be commenced.. ban street trading and mandate all the landlords to inter rock their compound frontage... mostly the one's along the major constructed roads

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 1:56am On Apr 03
gariepinus:
Solution is trying.. I'm impressed...but let him change commissioner for environment..the man is too dull... massive sweeping of our major roads should be commenced.. ban street trading and mandate all the landlords to inter rock their compound frontage... mostly the one's along the major constructed roads

Most of the sand accumulation on our roads come from unpaved frontages and adjoining untarred roads! There is still a lot of work to do but that commissioner of environment is missing in action.....he is too dull!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by proeast(m): 2:38am On Apr 03
viccy12:

They are obsessed with Anambra but you guys love keeping a blind eye. These people only tolerate us because without Anambra Igbo has nothing.

Go to face book and see the hate your fellow Igbos are pouring on Ndi Anambra just because Allen Onyema and Obiora Okonkwo of United Airlines were hailed by Ndi Anambra for exhibiting a true spirit of Ndi Anambra.

That name Anambra evokes fear and paranoia in the Igbo people. They can't leave this thread alone.

I think the political disenfranchisement Igbos are suffering in Nigeria is due to their extreme clannishness. Everyone is against you in your country, yet you’re also against yourselves and you think you will survive? Continue deceiving yourselves!

I don’t even blame the peripheral Igbos for distancing themselves because all these unnecessary bad blood defeats the whole idea. What do we even have in Igboland that we can’t forge ahead and focus on common good? Should we have our country today, we will be among the least developed in Africa, in terms of infrastructure!

All Igbos used to condemn Abia governors and the state of Aba for many years, the people of Abia State never took it personal. Today, they’re enjoying massive turnaround. But the moment any Igbo person criticizes Anambra governor or any city in Anambra, it becomes a war against brothers. Why?

Imo state governors starting from Rochas were criticized massively by Igbos. The people never take it personal, instead they join in criticizing while hoping for a change.

Anambra vs Abia.
Anambra vs Imo.
Anambra vs Ebonyi.
Anambra vs Enugu.

Believe me, if Anambra had huge oil resources and was at the periphery, they would still be acting like the ikwerre and others who deny their Igbo identity.

Same way Anambra brings glory to Igbos in many fields, so also they bring disgrace in others. Same applies to other Igbo states, so I wonder why or what is causing all these.

If Lagos were to be in Igboland, with this sort of mindset people are exhibiting here, I wonder how the relationship will be.

I know some people will still quote me to say whatever they like but wisdom is profitable to direct.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by proeast(m): 2:46am On Apr 03
ebufa:

Most of the sand accumulation on our roads come from unpaved frontages and adjoining untarred roads! There is still a lot of work to do but that commissioner of environment is missing in action.....he is too dull!

Four things that make a country look very third world and unkept are:

1. Open gutters.
2. Lack of constant power supply.
3. Unpaved frontages.
4. Bad/dirth roads inside cities.

It won’t cost much for the government to enforce the use of interlocking tiles on all frontages facing the major roads. That’s how it is even in other developing countries. How much would it cost to plant flowers and trees, and maintain them like in other progressive developing countries?

These governors travel to all these places constantly yet they never think it’s necessary to replicate them here. Are we too wretched to enjoy even basic things people in other developing countries now take for granted?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Jcoleworld911: 11:34am On Apr 03
Finally out
Prices are cheap
Between 50-55k
Seaman diamond rice

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by igwebuike01: 12:54pm On Apr 03
Nedu05:

Onitsha metro is beyond Anambra. Most part of it is in Imo state
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FatherOfJesus: 2:00pm On Apr 03
igwebuike01:

Onitsha metro is beyond Anambra. Most part of it is in Imo state
lol
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:32pm On Apr 03
First smart city east of the Niger - Awka millennium city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rxCgJmAmpY?si=5fcFHdE_h6bxluv2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:47pm On Apr 03
ANSMEDIA:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rdokoye: 2:26am On Apr 04
proeast:

Four things that make a country look very third world and unkept are:

1. Open gutters.
2. Lack of constant power supply.
3. Unpaved frontages.
4. Bad/dirth roads inside cities.

It won’t cost much for the government to enforce the use of interlocking tiles on all frontages facing the major roads. That’s how it is even in other developing countries. How much would it cost to plant flowers and trees, and maintain them like in other progressive developing countries?

These governors travel to all these places constantly yet they never think it’s necessary to replicate them here. Are we too wretched to enjoy even basic things people in other developing countries now take for granted?

The reason those things are not done is because of the culture of Nigeria. Which is quantity over quality. A governor would rather build 50 low quality roads, than 5 high quality roads, with covered drainage, paving stones etc... In short, they could do all of that, but then, you'd have far less motorable roads, overall. As that all costs a lot of money.

Government needs to boost its revenue, get people paying taxes etc... so it can create/build all these amenities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 2:39am On Apr 04
rdokoye:

The reason those things are not done is because of the culture of Nigeria. Which is quantity over quality. A governor would rather build 50 low quality roads, than 5 high quality roads, with covered drainage, paving stones etc... In short, they could do all of that, but then, you'd have far less motorable roads, overall. As that all costs a lot of money.

Government needs to boost its revenue, get people paying taxes etc... so it can create/build all these amenities.

That "naija" attitude subsists because the government allows it to remain so! If you make the mistake of not taking care of the open space between your house and the road in any sub division in America.......the municipality where you live will use you to boost their IGR, the kind of fine they will levy on you will change you for the better!

Even where you place your waste bins is regulated............in most suburbs you are made to hide away your waste bin in your car garage! In Nigeria anything goes, it is worse with the usual ill disciplined and mercantile attitude of ndigbo! Buying,selling and renting occurs everywhere and anyhow!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rdokoye: 2:51am On Apr 04
ebufa:

That "naija" attitude subsists because the government allows it to remain so! If you make the mistake of not taking care of the open space between your house and the road in any sub division in America.......the municipality where you live will use you to boost their IGR, the kind of fine they will levy on you will change you for the better!

Even where you place your waste bins is regulated............in most suburbs you are made to hide away your waste bin in your car garage! In Nigeria anything goes, it is worse with the usual ill disciplined and mercantile attitude of ndigbo! Buying,selling and renting occurs everywhere and anyhow!

I'm pretty sure such laws already exist in Anambra. I know a law exists that regulates how far or close to the roads one can build.

The issue in this instances is simply enforcement. Which is pretty difficult to do, when you don't have a police force.

Ndigbo have a survival mindset. Which is understandable, when you consider the number of administrations Nigeria has had, over the past 6 decades. Coups, counter coups, democracy then coups again. Nigeria has existed in a state of lawlessness for a long time.

Reorientation is what is required right now, and from the looks of things, that's what Soludo is doing. It won't happen overnight, it'll take time, but eventually, the people and their mindset will start to change.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 7:50am On Apr 04
rdokoye:

I'm pretty sure such laws already exist in Anambra. I know a law exists that regulates how far or close to the roads one can build.

The issue in this instances is simply enforcement. Which is pretty difficult to do, when you don't have a police force.

Ndigbo have a survival mindset. Which is understandable, when you consider the number of administrations Nigeria has had, over the past 6 decades. Coups, counter coups, democracy then coups again. Nigeria has existed in a state of lawlessness for a long time.

Reorientation is what is required right now, and from the looks of things, that's what Soludo is doing. It won't happen overnight, it'll take time, but eventually, the people and their mindset will start to change.

In America, waste, water, streets, schools, tax, police are under the purview of local government. Who makes up local government? People living in the community. In Nigeria we funnel external resources to someone answering governor to be in charge of allocating it to local government in places he hardly knows and we wonder why there is so much theft and irresponsibility in government.

Soludo did one good thing in Awka and that was put an honest hard working Awka man in charge of ACTDA. The roads got patched quickly, the squatter shacks along roads removed.

But for sustainability this model should be a city or town development agency run by qualified honest indigenes with clear cut responsibilities and oversight from both state and eminent leaders to prevent abuse.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:07pm On Apr 04
Inner streets of Awka

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 11:02pm On Apr 04
proeast:

I think the political disenfranchisement Igbos are suffering in Nigeria is due to their extreme clannishness. Everyone is against you in your country, yet you’re also against yourselves and you think you will survive? Continue deceiving yourselves!

I don’t even blame the peripheral Igbos for distancing themselves because all these unnecessary bad blood defeats the whole idea. What do we even have in Igboland that we can’t forge ahead and focus on common good? Should we have our country today, we will be among the least developed in Africa, in terms of infrastructure!

All Igbos used to condemn Abia governors and the state of Aba for many years, the people of Abia State never took it personal. Today, they’re enjoying massive turnaround. But the moment any Igbo person criticizes Anambra governor or any city in Anambra, it becomes a war against brothers. Why?

Imo state governors starting from Rochas were criticized massively by Igbos. The people never take it personal, instead they join in criticizing while hoping for a change.

Anambra vs Abia.
Anambra vs Imo.
Anambra vs Ebonyi.
Anambra vs Enugu.

Believe me, if Anambra had huge oil resources and was at the periphery, they would still be acting like the ikwerre and others who deny their Igbo identity.

Same way Anambra brings glory to Igbos in many fields, so also they bring disgrace in others. Same applies to other Igbo states, so I wonder why or what is causing all these.

If Lagos were to be in Igboland, with this sort of mindset people are exhibiting here, I wonder how the relationship will be.

I know some people will still quote me to say whatever they like but wisdom is profitable to direct.

@bolded, I have said same thing here. I just don't understand how some of these guys see every criticism as war against Anambra.

Imo and Abia have been bastardized more than this but we didn't see them crying haywire all over social media playing victim.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 11:13pm On Apr 04
abuzz33:

In America, waste, water, streets, schools, tax, police are under the purview of local government. Who makes up local government? People living in the community. In Nigeria we funnel external resources to someone answering governor to be in charge of allocating it to local government in places he hardly knows and we wonder why there is so much theft and irresponsibility in government.

Soludo did one good thing in Awka and that was put an honest hard working Awka man in charge of ACTDA. The roads got patched quickly, the squatter shacks along roads removed.

But for sustainability this model should be a city or town development agency run by qualified honest indigenes with clear cut responsibilities and oversight from both state and eminent leaders to prevent abuse.

Onitsha really needs that Town development authority....even Nnewi does as well.....Nigeria is really falling behind in town planning,that retrogression has to be checked!

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 2:37pm On Apr 05
Shut up your dirty mouth and focus on your estate agent in your glorified village Owerri. You people are the the problem. Yes the guy you quoted was so right, you guys are envious of Anambra people and its development. Your backward state doesn’t have a better governor than Anambra so why should we stand and watch you envious ediots talk nonsense about our state when our is far better than yours .

proeast:

I think the political disenfranchisement Igbos are suffering in Nigeria is due to their extreme clannishness. Everyone is against you in your country, yet you’re also against yourselves and you think you will survive? Continue deceiving yourselves!I don’t even blame the peripheral Igbos for distancing themselves because all these unnecessary bad blood defeats the whole idea. What do we even have in Igboland that we can’t forge ahead and focus on common good? Should we have our country today, we will be among the least developed in Africa, in terms of infrastructure!All Igbos used to condemn Abia governors and the state of Aba for many years, the people of Abia State never took it personal. Today, they’re enjoying massive turnaround. But the moment any Igbo person criticizes Anambra governor or any city in Anambra, it becomes a war against brothers. Why?Imo state governors starting from Rochas were criticized massively by Igbos. The people never take it personal, instead they join in criticizing while hoping for a change. Anambra vs Abia.
Anambra vs Imo.
Anambra vs Ebonyi.
Anambra vs Enugu.
Believe me, if Anambra had huge oil resources and was at the periphery, they would still be acting like the ikwerre and others who deny their Igbo identity. Same way Anambra brings glory to Igbos in many fields, so also they bring disgrace in others. Same applies to other Igbo states, so I wonder why or what is causing all these. If Lagos were to be in Igboland, with this sort of mindset people are exhibiting here, I wonder how the relationship will be. I know some people will still quote me to say whatever they like but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 2:49pm On Apr 05
You are a well known hypocrite in this forum. How many times have you criticized your failure’s incompetent useless governor? Ngige, Peter Obi, Willie Obiano and Soludo are some of the best leaders SE has ever produced. We can compare their achievements with your governors from 2003 to this day for you to see how far better they are compare to your leaders. Mbadinuju wasn’t exactly what Anambra people wanted but they removed him with their votes. That’s Anambra for you, they don’t tolerate bad leadership .

Unbiased1:

@bolded, I have said same thing here. I just don't understand how some of these guys see every criticism as war against Anambra.Imo and Abia have been bastardized more than this but we didn't see them crying haywire all over social media playing victim.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 2:59pm On Apr 05
ANSMEDIA:
Inner streets of Awka

Beautiful. Awka is clearly the fastest developing city in igboland

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 3:05pm On Apr 05
viccy12:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 3:08pm On Apr 05
Impressive

ANSMEDIA:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chinowuaturu: 4:32pm On Apr 05
Nedu05:
Shut up your dirty mouth and focus on your estate agent in your glorified village Owerri. You people are the the problem. Yes the guy you quoted was so right, you guys are envious of Anambra people and its development. Your backward state doesn’t have a better governor than Anambra so why should we stand and watch you envious ediots talk nonsense about our state when our is far better than yours .

grin chinoso dike Wilberforce
The 47 years old man living in the city of port Harcourt
Whose h.i.v results was leaked here on nairaland 😂
You think everyone is a low life like you😂 the pro east guy you are insulting, I know him very well outside this platform
And he is not even anywhere close to Nigeria, infact he is not even in Africa 🤣 like I said
You have made a lot of enemies for yourself here on nairaland 😂 that you don't even know who is who😂🤣
You just cracked me up calling him Owerri real estate agents 🤣😂
Get a life dude everyone is not like you
Chinoso dike
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 4:40pm On Apr 05
lol

See how a supposed graduate is typing jaga jaga and hiding his frustration in the emojis. This is what you get when you attend Aba made school. I couldn’t even understand one sentence hahaha

Chinowuaturu:

chinoso dike Wilberforce
The 47 years old man living in the city of port Harcourt
Whose h.i.v results was leaked here on nairalan
You think everyone is a low life like youthe pro east guy you are insulting, I know him very well outside this platform
And he is not even anywhere close to Nigeria, infact he is not even in Africa like I said
You have made a lot of enemies for yourself here on nairaland that you don't even know who is who
You just cracked me up calling him Owerri real estate agents
Get a life dude everyone is not like you
Chinoso dike

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chinowuaturu: 5:02pm On Apr 05
Nedu05:
lol

See how a supposed graduate is typing jaga jaga and hiding his frustration in the emojis. This is what you get when you attend Aba made school. I couldn’t even understand one sentence hahaha

Chinoso dike
You don't need to understand 😂 my post is not meant for h.i.v miscreants
In btw no Matter how bad I type
It wouldn't change me from being myself to being a chinoso dike who is a 47 years old troll 😂🤣
Whose h.i.v results is all over nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (1316) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.