Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2072025 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
weather you wawa, abakeleke, abangwas, and ashawo state imo like it or not Anambra state is the must richest state in igboland Ndi abangwas, wawa and abakeleke go back to ur own state develop ur state and stop killing ur self over Anambra thread, Dave umahi have try to put shame on us so that people will look us like bad people but the abakele man fail okoloawusa try his own and fail, so what else do you guys want from us again, we are ur senior so respect us.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
OreMI22:

The ever rising cost of land is something that might stifle development of residential buildings in Igboland

On the Obiano question.
The governor is doing very well. Dualizing township roads in already built up and congested Onitsha and Nnewi might to out as mission impossible due to the level of demolitions and compensation required.
He could introduce certain roads as One-way roads. Then put functional traffic lights to guide traffic orderly. OCHA brigade should always stay at those strategic junctions and apprehend traffic offenders and impose heavy fines.

Most importantly, Obiano must Dualize the Onitsha -"33"- Umuleri road A.K.A (Nkisi road). Even if it's a federal road. That road holds the key to unlocking new areas that will enable Onitsha become a mega-city as well as open up the coastline shores of Anambra for development of world class business districts, hotels and malls. Unless that road is finalized to guarantee very smooth flow of traffic, no reasonable development will occur along that axis where Anambra still has vast land to build world class city very close to Onitsha

Anambra also needs to place more emphasis on completing the ORIENT PETROLEUM REFINERY than the silly airport project. A very small refinery can be completed as the first phase while capacity is gradually added.

@bolded GBAM!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
ANSMEDIA:

There's no road that cannot be worked, it is a matter of government will. Roads like 3-3, Awka road to DMGS, Limca roads to mention a few have enough allowance for expansion. And i know that these are some of the roads that will be awarded soon for reconstruction/expansion. As for the airport, it is as important as the refinery project or even more. We all need all of them because they hold so much to the potential of the state.

Oga,
it has been a long time time we have been hearing "Will-be-Awarded"

Abeg, do yo have a time-frame in mind?

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
raker300:
I can see here many of us are wishy-washy in our fantasy of anambra.

1. What is anambra’s IGR and budget for the year? Last time I checked, the budget was 800million.

2. The only governor that has successfully pulled out a dualization was Chimaroke of enugu at new haven. The state is still paying heavily for it after demolishing over 20 houses.

3. Anambra is not a 1 town state!! After Lagos, anambra is the second megalopolis in Nigeria. Which means development is relatively widespread.

4. You all seem to forget that there’re 3 tiers of government: state, local and federal. What are the other 2 tiers doing within their ambient? I don’t see no one writing censures in relation to that.

5. In all your pontifications about beautification, none of you called out the local government which by law is actually their job.

..Obiano can do better doesn’t mean he’s not doing well.
An estate, a new hotel and an old people’s home is currently being constructed in my village..my village!!

A plethora of networking roads, a cassava processing plant, new town hall and various other investments is what my village of ogidi is enjoying from Obiano..

...yes, I have a 4 flat in my village..my village and I make 700k a year from it thanks to the benue indigenes fleeing their homeland to settle in anambra

All i will add is the the IGR of Anambra needs to be highest in SE.

I am ALWAYS SHOCKED that IGR of Enugu and Ebony are bigger than Anambra's IGR.

It is not as if people are not paying taxes, but the money leaks into people's private pockets. Anambra must use technology to devise smart ways of collecting taxes using banks. Unless that happens, any tax paid in cash will never make it into the State's IGR account.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Goodmorning my people. A lot good news are coming Anambra except you are not looking rightly. Pic of inner streets. Photo credit ansmedia

Really beautiful estate. We need much more of these types of estates opened up.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
I am sick and tired of some people coming here to misinform the public. Are these not new areas being opened for development to spread in Awka? Why are some you bent on misinformation? Recently i posted roads being done at inner Fegge but some people are bent on looking the other way only to come back and continue their misinformation. Enough is enough.
its a shame that anambrarians would go lengths to pull down anambra over political affiliations.

Enugu has survived because it has been a single political party state for many years.

I stay in enugu but I make bulk of my money from anambra..same goes to thousands of us here in enugu.

I transverse through the interiors of anambra and I can tell you that state is doing exceptionally well.

I was in ekwulobia last week and I can say that place is no longer a village..same story goes to many supposed villages in anambra.

..how can someone hate that?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
raker300:
its a shame that anambrarians would go lengths to pull down anambra over political affiliations.

Enugu has survived because it has been a single political party state for many years.

I stay in enugu but I make bulk of my money from anambra..same goes to thousands of us here in enugu.

I transverse through the interiors of anambra and I can tell you that state is doing exceptionally well.

I was in ekwulobia last week and I can say that place is no longer a village..same story goes to many supposed villages in anambra.

..how can someone hate that?

Ekwulubia no be village before.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
what wrong igr Anambra supposed to be the second highest igr in nigeria after lagos but I don't know who is dealing with the money I think using technology to correct igr tax that should be better for anambra Biko we need to talk about this it is very shame .Anambra is big city like Lagos Anambra igr suppose to be 100billion not 17billion what is all this nonsense imagine Ibadan igr higher than that of Anambra only people paying tax in Nnewi can give us that 17billions of thing not whole Anambrarians.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
saying that Anambra igr is 17billions which means donjazy is richer than Anambra I m In pain about this criminal Anambra taxforce.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Awka

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
raker300:
Awka

This picture is more than a year. Esther Obiakor road has long been concluded. You made similar error when you posted very old pictures of Agulu Lake project. Please always make sure your pictures are not more than 3-4 week. We need current pictures here and not just any picture even if it is 2yrs. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by manchy7531: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
raker300:
Awka

Bro but this is owerri.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
raker300:
I can see here many of us are wishy-washy in our fantasy of anambra.

1. What is anambra’s IGR and budget for the year? Last time I checked, the budget was 800million.

2. The only governor that has successfully pulled out a dualization was Chimaroke of enugu at new haven. The state is still paying heavily for it after demolishing over 20 houses.

3. Anambra is not a 1 town state!! After Lagos, anambra is the second megalopolis in Nigeria. Which means development is relatively widespread.

4. You all seem to forget that there’re 3 tiers of government: state, local and federal. What are the other 2 tiers doing within their ambient? I don’t see no one writing censures in relation to that.

5. In all your pontifications about beautification, none of you called out the local government which by law is actually their job.

An estate, a new hotel and an old people’s home is currently being constructed in my village..my village!!

A plethora of networking roads, a cassava processing plant, new town hall and various other investments is what my village of ogidi is enjoying from Obiano..

...yes, I have a 4 flat in my village..my village and I make 700k a year from it thanks to the benue indigenes fleeing their homeland to settle in anambra

I used to support obiano until i saw d projects ebonyi state government churn out

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2018
omadeltason:
what wrong igr Anambra supposed to be the second highest igr in nigeria after lagos but I don't know who is dealing with the money I think using technology to correct igr tax that should be better for anambra Biko we need to talk about this it is very shame .Anambra is big city like Lagos Anambra igr suppose to be 100billion not 17billion what is all this nonsense imagine Ibadan igr higher than that of Anambra only people paying tax in Nnewi can give us that 17billions of thing not whole Anambrarians.

Anambra certainly has the potential to generate a lot more in IGR, but many of you overhype its clout. Rivers, Ogun, Kano, and even our neighbors Delta are bigger economies than Anambra. Stop the claim that Anambra is "2nd to Lagos" with no statistics to back it up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
ANSMEDIA:

This picture is more a year. Esther Obiakor road has long been concluded. You made similar error when you posted very old pictures of Agulu Lake project. Please always make sure your pictures are not more than 3-4 week. We need current pictures here and not just any picture even if it is 2yrs. Thank you

You that is always correcting how everything has turned into London SHOULD POST UPDATED PICTURES TO PROVE THE LIE!

While i appreciate the posting of current pictures, if you won't post it even when you live in Awka, then leave folks to post what they have.

The reason why i adore spyder so much is that he does not argue pointlessly, he will simply go to the place and take current pictures and post here. Did you notice how he posted the most recent pictures of Azikiwe road Aba and those posting gutters in Azikiwe road, Aba suddenly kept quiet? That is how to do it.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
manchy7531:

Bro but this is owerri.
That's revenue house junction and Finotel road Agu Awka
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
omadeltason:

That easily tells you the level of revenue leakages taking place in Anambra at all levels of revenue collection.

The state government should first register all businesses and buildings in the state exactly by their GPS coordinates and street address.
Then use a system of tax payment whereby these people simply transfer the required sum to the government account in a friendly bank such as Fidelity, Diamond bank etc. Then it is the bank that will issue the tax payer with tax payment certificate and NOT the tax task-force people.

The tax task-force are only there to ensure that businesses display an unexpired tax payment certificate or they are closed down. It is possible that the task-force people will tell the tax defaulter to pay bribes instead of paying their taxes. So the government should constantly rotate the tax task-force teams so that those operating in Onitsha are sometimes sent to Awka, those in Awka are sent to Nnewi and those in Nnewi are sent to Onitsha. The rotation will make businesses to choose to pay their taxes rather than perpetually bribing tax officials.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2018
Cj, abeg no vex, although if you vex i go vex too. Please when shall you show this kind of zeal and commitment to your own Delta state? A state that receives so much from the center and has very little to show.

Please compare Akwaibom and Delta States. This is what should be bothering you and not always more interested in other states than yours. Or do you wish your state continues in this negative trajectory?

Cjrane2:

That easily tells you the level of revenue leakages taking place in Anambra at all levels of revenue collection.

The state government should first register all businesses and buildings in the state exactly by their GPS coordinates and street address.
Then use a system of tax payment whereby these people simply transfer the required sum to the government account in a friendly bank such as Fidelity, Diamond bank etc. Then it is the bank that will issue the tax payer with tax payment certificate and NOT the tax task-force people.

The tax task-force are only there to ensure that businesses display an unexpired tax payment certificate or they are closed down. It is possible that the task-force people will tell the tax defaulter to pay bribes instead of paying their taxes. So the government should constantly rotate the tax task-force teams so that those operating in Onitsha are sometimes sent to Awka, those in Awka are sent to Nnewi and those in Nnewi are sent to Onitsha. The rotation will make businesses to choose to pay their taxes rather than perpetually bribing tax officials.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 2:01am On Sep 23, 2018
raker300:
[s]I can see here many of us are wishy-washy in our fantasy of anambra.

...yes, I have a 4 flat in my village..my village and I make 700k a year from it thanks to the benue indigenes fleeing their homeland to settle in anambra[/s]
How I hate to read nonsense like this.. Most of you unexposed really need to keep quiet.

This was how Peter obi was deceiving Anambra people that Anambra can't build the same type of projects as Akpabio was doing in Awka Ibom because Anambra was getting in one year what Akwa Ibom was getting in a month or some nonsense like that until Obiano came and completed 3 gigantic flyovers bigger than the even ones in Akwa Ibom and furnished that road. What is there in dualizing and furnishing roads, even common Ekiti is building flyovers and dualizing roads from the scratch even paying compensation at it and when did Enugu tell you they are still paying for dualizing that road?

Go to owerri, rochas is also creating new double lanes, even though he is not building them but atleast another governor can see where to continue. Amaechi did it in Rivers. If successive APGA governments cannot dualize our roads then we have to take our state from them. As it stands now Anambra does not have any city, what we have are mere towns because of this factor. Why do you think most Anambra bigwigs prefer to live in Enugu instead of Anambra?

I'm still giving obiano the benefit of doubt because of what he has done so far, security, Agriculture, okada ban, Enugu/Osha makeover etc but on this issue of dualizing major roads in the state, it is non negotiable even if it means borrowing money.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 2:09am On Sep 23, 2018
AnambraDota:
[s]@raker300
You're not been sincere to Anambra people with your shallow excuse. If Ebonyi State can dualized many roads with solid work despite her low IGR and federal allocation.

Rochas has dualized more roads and expanded others than the either Anambra State government from 99 till today, you might tag his projects substandard but the bush paths Anambra State government pour hot asphalt on aren't even better.

Nnamani opened up many places in Enugu and built solid infrastructures that is why Enugu is the choiced place for real estate in Igboland today. Enugu government open up connecting satellite town to link the main city while Anambra State is busy building roads to agrarian communities that have less economic impact on the populace.

If Anambra cities are witnessing upsurge in population due to the volatile nature of Northern Nigeria. If our government have a little bit creative and proactive they would be attending to the cities cry for expansion of infrastructures.

Am Very ashamed whenever Anambra people come online to brag about infrastructures but they can't even point to a single project they are proud of. Many states now and building expansive roads with high raised sidewalks and closed drainages, some loud mouthed people in Anambra State are still making noise of good roads network that are poorly executed.

infrastructurally there is nothing to celebrate in Anambra State unless you're under the government payroll or have sold your soul to the devil by telling lies online.[/s]
This could have come from anyone else but not a Peter obi vuvuzela, you are beginning to speak out because no money for the boys. It is now your realizing that Peter obi was a fraud. issokay.. I will always point out your hypocrisy when ever you open your mouth. Assuming Peter Obi did what needed to be done after his 8 wasted years tenure, obiano would have seen where to continue.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 2:23am On Sep 23, 2018
Obdk:

I used to support obiano until i saw d projects ebonyi state government churn out

Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 2:26am On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Cj, abeg no vex, although if you vex i go vex too. Please when shall you show this kind of zeal and commitment to your own Delta state? A state that receives so much from the center and has very little to show.

Please compare Akwaibom and Delta States. This is what should be bothering you and not always more interested in other states than yours. Or do you wish your state continues in this negative trajectory?

I show the zeal because i lived a better part of my life in the SE.To the extent that even when i say I'm from Delta people don't believe me because my Igbo accent isn't Delta. Not to mention my wife is from Ozubulu.

I must first of all commend ANSMEDIA for also doing a fabulous job in this thread.It is not easy to take pictures just to come post for folks here. But my concern with ANSMEDIA is how he snaps at folks trying to uplift the thread. If they are posting old pictures, he could still say so politely and post a more recent picture since he lives in Awka. But he will simply snap, then go home and rest expecting us to just believe he is right because he said so.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 3:02am On Sep 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:

To be honest,Obiano has not been able to deliver on half of the things he promised. The roads are narrow, the transportation system is a big failure and his road works are mostly substandard. He doesn't have the magic wand, just another loudmouth politician.

Like you rightly pointed out most of the roads in Onicha, Nnewi and Awka should be just one way thats how you design roads in a populated town with minimal land mass. Obiano should know this, he has lived in United States and been to Downtown Houston and saw the way roads were designed to decongest the roads.
You and Anambradota are nothing but hypocrites. When pita Obi was constructing the poor substandard roads all over onitsha, both of you are busy hailing him as the great one and attacking his critics calling them enemies of Anambra .Now you want obiano to start reconstructing and dualizing all the substandard roads left by pita.
Pita Obi only solid road in onitsha is indus harbour road that was constructed by Nigercat company. The rest of his roads now have many degrees of potholes, the road connecting bida and creek road that was constructed by pita collapse just after one week.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 4:07am On Sep 23, 2018
Cjrane2:

I show the zeal because i lived a better part of my life in the SE.To the extent that even when i say I'm from Delta people don't believe me because my Igbo accent isn't Delta. Not to mention my wife is from Ozubulu.

I must first of all commend ANSMEDIA for also doing a fabulous job in this thread.It is not easy to take pictures just to come post for folks here. But my concern with ANSMEDIA is how he snaps at folks trying to uplift the thread. If they are posting old pictures, he could still say so politely and post a more recent picture since he lives in Awka. But he will simply snap, then go home and rest expecting us to just believe he is right because he said so.

I wish you didn’t respond. As an Igboman, you have earned the right to criticize any part that you like because that is your land too.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 4:10am On Sep 23, 2018
I asked a simple question and you started telling me about slapping abi na snapping and who is posting what. Anyways congrats that your wife is from Ozubulu.

Cjrane2:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 4:13am On Sep 23, 2018
Nwokem just shut up. my concern was not about criticising but reserving some time for his own state.

horsepower101:

I wish you didn’t respond. As an Igboman, you have earned the right to criticize any part that you like because that is your land too.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:25am On Sep 23, 2018
AnambraDota:
@raker300
You're not been sincere to Anambra people with your shallow excuse. If Ebonyi State can dualized many roads with solid work despite her low IGR and federal allocation.

Rochas has dualized more roads and expanded others than the either Anambra State government from 99 till today, you might tag his projects substandard but the bush paths Anambra State government pour hot asphalt on aren't even better.

Nnamani opened up many places in Enugu and built solid infrastructures that is why Enugu is the choiced place for real estate in Igboland today. Enugu government open up connecting satellite town to link the main city while Anambra State is busy building roads to agrarian communities that have less economic impact on the populace.

If Anambra cities are witnessing upsurge in population due to the volatile nature of Northern Nigeria. If our government have a little bit creative and proactive they would be attending to the cities cry for expansion of infrastructures.

Am Very ashamed whenever Anambra people come online to brag about infrastructures but they can't even point to a single project they are proud of. Many states now and building expansive roads with high raised sidewalks and closed drainages, some loud mouthed people in Anambra State are still making noise of good roads network that are poorly executed.

infrastructurally there is nothing to celebrate in Anambra State unless you're under the government payroll or have sold your soul to the devil by telling lies online.

Loool.... grin I was born in Enugu before my family moved to Lagos, and long before I was born, Enugu was already the "choice place for real estate" in Igboland. It's a legacy of its former status as the seat of power of the Eastern region and has retained its cosmopolitan profile since then. It has nothing to do with Nnamani.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2018
4000 Women Benefit From Mrs Obiano's Skill Acquisition Programmes

The wife of the State Governor Chief Mrs. Ebelechukwu Obiano has facilitated the training of no fewer than four thousand women through various skill acquisition centres in the state.
Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs, Mrs. Ndidi Mezue stated this while speaking to journalists in Awka.

Mrs. Mezue said that the Governor’s wife, because of her compassionate nature, has helped to support the training of four thousand women in different vocations.

She explained that the women were selected from the three senatorial zones of Anambra to give everybody equal opportunity to participate and ensure that no senatorial zone is left out.

Mrs. Mezue added that the women were empowered with equipment and funds that enabled them start life on their own at the completion of the training.

She urged those currently undergoing various vocational training to be diligent, to build brighter futures for themselves and advised those yet to be selected not to lose hope as their opportunity will soon come.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2018
TabletMan:
You and Anambradota are nothing but hypocrites. When pita Obi was constructing the poor substandard roads all over onitsha, both of you are busy hailing him as the great one and attacking his critics calling them enemies of Anambra .Now you want obiano to start reconstructing and dualizing all the substandard roads left by pita.
Pita Obi only solid road in onitsha is indus harbour road that was constructed by Nigercat company. The rest of his roads now have many degrees of potholes, the road connecting bida and creek road that was constructed by pita collapse just after one week.
Long time my brother don't mind the fools who were all part of Peter Obi's social media team headed by that midget Valentine Obienyem. They are all hungry now, reason they are crying, Please is OMANBALA1 same as the Fulani born and bred Odenigboaroli, can you confirm, this thread is about to go bonkers if it is cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Loool.... grin I was born in Enugu before my family moved to Lagos, and long before I was born, Enugu was already the "choice place for real estate" in Igboland. It's a legacy of its former status as the seat of power of the Eastern region and has retained its cosmopolitan profile since then. It has nothing to do with Nnamani.
Nnamani invested in real estate, many estates in Enugu sprang up during his tenure including ebeano estates, chime did his bit too... Despite his shortcomings mbadinuju I think is the only Anambra governor that did something on real estate.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2018
Mbadinuju? Hahaha

Nwanne ikara aka oo. cheesy

globemoney:

Nnamani invested in real estate, many estates in Enugu sprang up during his tenure including ebeano estates, chime did his bit too... Despite his shortcomings mbadinuju I think is the only Anambra governor that did something on real estate.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Mbadinuju? Hahaha

Nwanne ikara aka oo. cheesy

Most of you don't know anything about Anambra but quick to come here and argue. Ngozika, Udoka, AHOCOL, Iyi agu estates etc were all either the brainchild of mbadinuju or were developed by him and thats a fact.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: wizzyvibes, OkpaNsukkaisBae(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.