Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2072038 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2018
Nwanne i ma kwa onye bu ifea? cheesy

Udoka = The former gov from Igboukwu

Ngozika Phase 1 & 2= Peter Obi

Abuja & Iyi Agu estates= Mbadinuju

globemoney:

Most of you don't know anything about Anambra but quick to come here and argue. Ngozika, Udoka, AHOCOL, Iyi agu estates etc were all either the brainchild of mbadinuju or were developed by him and thats a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Nwanne i ma kwa onye bu ifea? cheesy

Udoka = The former gov from Igboukwu

Ngozika= Peter Obi

haha, Chino nwanne? Long time..

No

Udoka = Ezeife yes but was developed by Mbadinuju

Ngozika = Mbadinuju

The Ngozika estate was mapped out in 2000 during the regime of Governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju and was supervised by the Ministry of Works and Housing.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/ngozika-estate-lights-up-awka-as-obi-flags-off-2nd-phase/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2018
Nwanne i like Obiano more than Obi but truth be told, Obi developed Ngozika 1 & 2. Infact where i am living now is at Ngozika Phase 1.

globemoney:

haha, Chino nwanne? Long time..

No

Udoka = Ezeife yes but was developed by Mbadinuju

Ngozika = Mbadinuju

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/ngozika-estate-lights-up-awka-as-obi-flags-off-2nd-phase/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/anambra-govt-earmarks-n9bn-for-new-housing-estate/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Nwanne i like Obiano more than Obi but truth be told, Obi developed Ngozika 1 & 2. Infact where i am living now is at Ngozika Phase 1.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/anambra-govt-earmarks-n9bn-for-new-housing-estate/
Ok. nice view. But still it doesnt remove the fact that it was mbadinuju's brainchild and for a 4 year tenure against obi's 8 years tenure.. The only estate Peter Obi brought up was the "Greenwood City or something like that and we all know how it ended.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:

Accommodation for government workers and business people has been a major problem in the city with a legion of people competing for few houses. The administrations of Mbadinuju and former Governor Chris Ngige made possible the construction of a few estates, including Ngozika on the Onitsha-Enugu Expressway. Other estates in the city include Iyiagu, located behind the Government House; Udoka; Ahocol Phase 1; Rockland and Abuja , all situated along the Onitsha-Enugu Expressway. There are also the Isiagu 1, 000 housing units located along Agu-Awka and Esther Obiakor Housing Estate.
http://thenationonlineng.net/hospitable-awka/

No other Anambra governor has done more for real estate in the state than Mbadinuju. Fact
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

Ok. nice view. But still it doesnt remove the fact that it was mbadinuju's brainchild and for a 4 year tenure against obi's 8 years tenure.. The only estate Peter Obi brought up was the "Greenwood City or something like that and we all know how it ended.

Nwanne mbanu. Remember i no be Obi man at all. He started and completed Ngozika Phase 1 while phase 2 of it was christened Light of the nation estate. See pix below.

Greenwood has been christened Millennium city. It is now Obiano project because Obi didn't drop one pin there before he left. Even the access roads were awarded by Obiano.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

No other Anambra governor has done more for real estate in the state than Mbadinuju. Fact

Yes Mbadinuju did Abuja estate and Iyi Agu estate. When Orient petroleum was looking for office in Awka, it was my uncle that showed them Abuja estate way back in 2001- 2002. I am sure of that.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2018
For how long will I keep throwing stones at every rabbies infested dogs that keep barking at me. Common Pigs go get yourselves dirty, I'm too old for your mudfights grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2018
AnambraDota:
[s]For how long will I keep throwing stones at every rabbies infested dogs that keep barking at me. Common Pigs go get yourselves dirty, I'm too old for your mudfights grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/s]
ezi bida like you, go look for somewhere to sell your market. Not anymore here.. I asked you to go apply to one of peter obis supermarkets so you can keep eating... Post your nonsense here again lets see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2018
PUBLIC NOTICE!

21st September, 2018.

THE GOVERNMENT OF ANAMBRA STATE HAS ENGAGED JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED TO STOP STREET TRADING, LOADING, OFFLOADING AND TO DECONGEST THE FOLLOWING AREAS MENTIONED BELOW:

1 - UPPER IWEKA BRIDGE
2- OWERRI ROAD
3 - OBODO-UKWU ROAD
4 - DOWN IWEKA ROAD
5 - PORT HARCOURT ROAD
6 - OGUTA ROAD by MCC and
7 - EZE IWEKA ROAD

IT IS SAD, THOUGH, THAT SOME MISCREANTS ARE BENT ON FRUSTRATING THE EFFORTS OF THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO RESTORE SANITY IN THESE AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE. DESPITE STRINGENT MEASURES TAKEN TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTIES IN THESE AREAS, IT IS DISHEARTENING TO UNDERSTAND THAT MOTOR PARKS NO LONGER LOAD THEIR BUSES IN THEIR PARKS BUT ALONG THE ROAD. THIS SINGULAR ACT (FROM THE MOTOR PARKS AND PARK OWNERS), FORMS THE BASIS OF ALL OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES ACTIVITIES GOING IN THESE AREAS. THEY INCLUDE:

1 - ARMED ROBBERY
2 - UNNECESSARY TRAFFIC GRIDLOCKS
3 - ILLEGAL POSITIONING OF STRUCTURES FOR THE PURPOSE OF STREET TRADING.
4 - INCESSANT LOSS OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES
5 - UNLAWFUL EXTORTION_
6 - INDISCRIMINATE DEFECATION ALONG THE ROAD AND OTHER ILL ACTIVITIES WHICH AMOUNTS TO A MASSIVE PUBLIC NUISANCE.

BY THIS APPROVAL, -JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED- UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNMENT IS SET TO DECONGEST, CONTROL STREET TRADING AND MAINTAIN ORDERLINESS IN THESE AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE.

JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED HEREBY ADVISE THE CABALS WHO ARE THE ENGINEERS OF THIS GROSS MISCONDUCT TO STEER CLEAR OF THESE AREAS. PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATORS WHO PREFER TO LOAD THEIR BUSES ALONG THE ROADS WILL HENCEFORTH BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, ARMED ROBBERS, FRAUDSTERS, TOUTS AND ALL OTHER GROUPS CAUSING UNREST FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE STATE AND ALSO THE STATE GOVERNMENT IN THESE AREAS WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH.

THE STATE GOVERNMENT HAS PROVIDED A BUS TERMINAL WITHIN THE ABOVE MENTIONED AREAS TO FACILITATE THE LOADING AND OFFLOADING. THEREFORE, THE LOADING AND OFFLOADING OF BUSES ARE TO BE COLLAPSED INTO THE URBAN BUS TERMINAL 1.

NOTE 1: ANY BUS FOUND LOADING ALONG THE ROAD SHALL BE TOWED AWAY AND THE VEHICLE IMPOUNDED. PLEASE NOTE THAT JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED IS NOT READY TO ENTERTAIN ANY FORM OF PLEA, NEITHER ARE THEY READY TO COMPROMISE.

NOTE 2. HENCEFORTH, BUSES ARE TO STOP AT THE URBAN BUS TERMINAL 1 AND NOT ANYWHERE ALONG THE ROAD. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR BUS WILL BE TOWED AWAY.

NOTE 3. ARMED ROBBERS, PICKPOCKETS, STREET URCHINS, TOUTS, DRUG DEALERS AND EVERY OTHER GROUP WHO WORK ROUND THE CLOCK TO ENSURE THAT THEY MAKE THESE AREAS A NIGHTMARE FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA STATE ARE ADVISED TO LEAVE THE VICINITY WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AS JEMAND NIG. LTD. IS READY TO FISH THEM OUT AND DEAL WITH THEM ACCORDINGLY.

FINALLY, THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND ALL GROUPS/BODIES AFFECTED ARE HEREBY ADVISED TO TAKE THIS PUBLICATION WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS AND ALSO, ADHERE STRICTLY TO IT'S DIRECTIVES.

Damian Windeck Okoye,
SA new media to Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka. (Ogilisi-Igbo) - The spiritual leader of the Igbo nation.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Loool.... grin I was born in Enugu before my family moved to Lagos, and long before I was born, Enugu was already the "choice place for real estate" in Igboland. It's a legacy of its former status as the seat of power of the Eastern region and has retained its cosmopolitan profile since then. It has nothing to do with Nnamani.
how many real estate do enugu all this nonsense talk Enugu the capital of igboland must stop Awka yesterday have taking over Enugu the vice president of nigeria prof yemi osinbajo prefer to visit awka in anambra state than enugu how many times how many times do buhari visit enugu just last month yomi osinbanjo wife visit Awka. Awka have taking over Enugu Mr man.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

Nnamani invested in real estate, many estates in Enugu sprang up during his tenure including ebeano estates, chime did his bit too... Despite his shortcomings mbadinuju I think is the only Anambra governor that did something on real estate.
this man you are mad mbadinuju Lol hahahaha.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by g0tze: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
investnow2013:
PUBLIC NOTICE!

21st September, 2018.

THE GOVERNMENT OF ANAMBRA STATE HAS ENGAGED JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED TO STOP STREET TRADING, LOADING, OFFLOADING AND TO DECONGEST THE FOLLOWING AREAS MENTIONED BELOW:

1 - UPPER IWEKA BRIDGE
2- OWERRI ROAD
3 - OBODO-UKWU ROAD
4 - DOWN IWEKA ROAD
5 - PORT HARCOURT ROAD
7 - EZE IWEKA ROAD

IT IS SAD, THOUGH, THAT SOME MISCREANTS ARE BENT ON FRUSTRATING THE EFFORTS OF THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO RESTORE SANITY IN THESE AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE. DESPITE STRINGENT MEASURES TAKEN TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTIES IN THESE AREAS, IT IS DISHEARTENING TO UNDERSTAND THAT MOTOR PARKS NO LONGER LOAD THEIR BUSES IN THEIR PARKS BUT ALONG THE ROAD. THIS SINGULAR ACT (FROM THE MOTOR PARKS AND PARK OWNERS), FORMS THE BASIS OF ALL OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES ACTIVITIES GOING IN THESE AREAS. THEY INCLUDE:

1 - ARMED ROBBERY
5 - UNLAWFUL EXTORTION_
6 - INDISCRIMINATE DEFECATION ALONG THE ROAD AND OTHER ILL ACTIVITIES WHICH AMOUNTS TO A MASSIVE PUBLIC NUISANCE.

BY THIS APPROVAL, -JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED- UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNMENT IS SET TO DECONGEST, CONTROL STREET TRADING AND MAINTAIN ORDERLINESS IN THESE AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE.

JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED HEREBY ADVISE THE CABALS WHO ARE THE ENGINEERS OF THIS GROSS MISCONDUCT TO STEER CLEAR OF THESE AREAS. PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATORS WHO PREFER TO LOAD THEIR BUSES ALONG THE ROADS WILL HENCEFORTH BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, ARMED ROBBERS, FRAUDSTERS, TOUTS AND ALL OTHER GROUPS CAUSING UNREST FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE STATE AND ALSO THE STATE GOVERNMENT IN THESE AREAS WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH.

THE STATE GOVERNMENT HAS PROVIDED A BUS TERMINAL WITHIN THE ABOVE MENTIONED AREAS TO FACILITATE THE LOADING AND OFFLOADING. THEREFORE, THE LOADING AND OFFLOADING OF BUSES ARE TO BE COLLAPSED INTO THE URBAN BUS TERMINAL 1.

NOTE 1: ANY BUS FOUND LOADING ALONG THE ROAD SHALL BE TOWED AWAY AND THE VEHICLE IMPOUNDED. PLEASE NOTE THAT JEMAND SALIU NIGERIA LIMITED IS NOT READY TO ENTERTAIN ANY FORM OF PLEA, NEITHER ARE THEY READY TO COMPROMISE.

NOTE 2. HENCEFORTH, BUSES ARE TO STOP AT THE URBAN BUS TERMINAL 1 AND NOT ANYWHERE ALONG THE ROAD. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR BUS WILL BE TOWED AWAY.

NOTE 3. ARMED ROBBERS, PICKPOCKETS, STREET URCHINS, TOUTS, DRUG DEALERS AND EVERY OTHER GROUP WHO WORK ROUND THE CLOCK TO ENSURE THAT THEY MAKE THESE AREAS A NIGHTMARE FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA STATE ARE ADVISED TO LEAVE THE VICINITY WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AS JEMAND NIG. LTD. IS READY TO FISH THEM OUT AND DEAL WITH THEM ACCORDINGLY.

FINALLY, THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND ALL GROUPS/BODIES AFFECTED ARE HEREBY ADVISED TO TAKE THIS PUBLICATION WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS AND ALSO, ADHERE STRICTLY TO IT'S DIRECTIVES.

Damian Windeck Okoye,
SA new media to Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka. (Ogilisi-Igbo) - The spiritual leader of the Igbo nation.
Obiano's aids are viewing this thread. It's a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

Nnamani invested in real estate, many estates in Enugu sprang up during his tenure including ebeano estates, chime did his bit too... Despite his shortcomings mbadinuju I think is the only Anambra governor that did something on real estate.

The point I was making is the foundations were already there. Enugu was already prime real estate long long before Nnamani or whoever became governor.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
omadeltason:
this man you are mad mbadinuju Lol hahahaha.
I really don’t entertain trolls either prove me wrong or shut up
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
investnow2013:
PUBLIC NOTICE!

21st September, 2018.

1 - UPPER IWEKA BRIDGE
2- OWERRI ROAD
3 - OBODO-UKWU ROAD
4 - DOWN IWEKA ROAD
5 - PORT HARCOURT ROAD
7 - EZE IWEKA ROAD

1 - ARMED ROBBERY
5 - UNLAWFUL EXTORTION_

Damian Windeck Okoye,

This is like music to my ears.

There is NO WAY to bring sanity to Onitsha without some type of enforcement and punishment in the way of arrest, impounding of goods and properties and heavy fines dished out to offenders. Onitsha is not a city you will change anything via appeal.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Nwokem just shut up. my concern was not about criticising but reserving some time for his own state.

Chino, i initially wanted to ignore you as i always did.
But because you asked nicely in a civil way, i decided to give you that respect and respond in a civil way.

Biko leave that guy alone. You sef know that typically i would not respond or respond in kind with insults. Biko let the guy be.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mbadinuju kwa? grin grin grin grin grin

Biko, why not Navy Capt. James Abulu or Col. Mike Attah? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now we are trying to call touts and dead woods that almost ruined the state just because you do not wish to give Obiano his deserved commendation for uplifting and developing the state as a decent place to live.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
Awka...

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
Awka streets

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2018
investnow2013:
PUBLIC NOTICE!

21st September, 2018.

1 - UPPER IWEKA BRIDGE
2- OWERRI ROAD
3 - OBODO-UKWU ROAD
4 - DOWN IWEKA ROAD
5 - PORT HARCOURT ROAD
7 - EZE IWEKA ROAD

1 - ARMED ROBBERY
5 - UNLAWFUL EXTORTION_

Damian Windeck Okoye,

Good job.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
Cjrane2:

There is NO WAY to bring sanity to Onitsha without some type of enforcement and punishment in the way of arrest, impounding of goods and properties and heavy fines dished out to offenders. Onitsha is not a city you will change anything via appeal.
are they more stronger than govt policies? cure your ignorance first
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
ANAMBRA FLOOD UPDATE: IYIOWA ODEKPE IN OGBARU LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE (MADONNA CATHOLIC CHURCH IYIOWA ODEKPE TODAY 23-09-18)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
IYIOWA ODEKPE ANAMBRA STATE

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
RUCHEM BEACH HOTELS IYIOWA ODEKPE IN OGBARU LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE( NEW)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
Cjrane2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mbadinuju kwa? grin grin grin grin grin

Biko, why not Navy Capt. James Abulu or Col. Mike Attah? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now we are trying to call touts and dead woods that almost ruined the state just because you do not wish to give Obiano his deserved commendation for uplifting and developing the state as a decent place to live.
Why are some of you acting like I said mbadinuju performed? I only said no other governor has touched on real estate in the state (or let me say capital) like mbadinuju and thats a fact. Most of the estates in Awka today were the brainchild of mbadinuju as far as I know, that was his only strength as governor and just a quick search I can see you also alluded to this before. You should learn to be consistent.

cjrane:
Let me begin by acknowledging that Gov. Peter Obi did a lot of good for his state and people that i cannot enumerate it all here.

However,two critical areas Peter Obi was grossly deficient is the area of mass housing and internal revenue generation.

In terms of housing development to solve the acute housing crisis in Anambra,nobody is asking Gov. Obi to build houses for everyone in the state.After the Habitat for Humanity produced base maps and masterplan for development of Anambra cities,people thought that housing development according to the plan was going to start in earnest.They were wrong.

Gov. Obi was only required to use his office to approve the new well planned housing Layouts in accordance with the masterplan, and at least use bulldozers to provide access roads into such layouts so that the people can own land there and build their own homes. Instead he opted to donate hundreds of millions of naira to football clubs,army barracks etc to do roads in those areas,instead of opening up the vital new estates mapped out in the plan.

Nobody should please try to distort facts about Ngozika,Udoka,AHOCOL estates in Awka. We know Ezeife and Mbadinuju opened up those estates.The 4000 Greenwood housing & Industrial estate Awka and the ANAM City Project promised by Gov. Obi have remained what it is- A FAILED PROMISE!

On Internally generated revenue, Ebonyi state generates about N500 million per month. It is a disaster that Anambra cannot go beyond N450 million a month ! There are too many people refusing to pay taxes because individuals have been pocketing the state's taxes and Obi have been unwilling or unable to do anything about the leakages.

In case you missed it, I have always supported obiano and think he is the best Anambra governor ever. Maybe you were offline when we campaigned massively for obiano for second term here and stopped the propaganda by Peter obi social media team (of which you were also once a member) against the governor.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
globemoney:

Long time my brother don't mind the fools who were all part of Peter Obi's social media team headed by that midget Valentine Obienyem. They are all hungry now, reason they are crying, Please is OMANBALA1 same as the Fulani born and bred Odenigboaroli, can you confirm, this thread is about to go bonkers if it is cheesy
So you dont know? Na him be that.
He was one of the pioneers that left nairaland for Anambra blog but since the site is no longer working, he is back with his alternate moniker.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 1:04am On Sep 24, 2018
globemoney:

Why are some of you acting like I said mbadinuju performed? I only said no other governor has touched on real estate in the state (or let me say capital) like mbadinuju and thats a fact. Most of the estates in Awka today were the brainchild of mbadinuju as far as I know, that was his only strength as governor and just a quick search I can see you also alluded to this before. You should learn to be consistent.

In case you missed it, I have always supported obiano and think he is the best Anambra governor ever. Maybe you were offline when we campaigned massively for obiano for second term here and stopped the propaganda by Peter obi social media team (of which you were also once a member) against the governor.

Member of social media team? grin grin grin grin

Nwanne, you must be high on something. I don't need any governor to pay me to speak the obvious.
The ONLY reason i came to this site is to give and share ideas for the betterment of Anambra and Igboland. Since the Governors are on the Driver's seat in these states, the governors driving in the right direction are applauded and those who are failing woefully are booed openly.

Yes, Peter Obi performed very well in office, but failed to improve the State's internally generated revenue system and failed in opening up new housing districts for Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. Infact, Peter Obi placed a silly embargo on developing the Akpaka forest resrve which could have been a state of the art modern estate in Anambra. If he had developed the place very well, all the haphazard building that came up overnight could have been in a very well planned modern estate with underground drainage, tree lined streets etc. In terms of Housing development, Peter Obi failed woefully.

At the time of his rule, Peter Obi was the best governor to ever rule the state. However, Obiano has since surpassed Peter. My only anger with Peter is that he could have taken the glory that afterall he brought Obiano for the state instead of trying to undermine him.

Anambra is bigger than Peter Obi or Obiano, thus i firmly supported Obiano because i found no need for Peter Obi to attack him since he was still performing much above average.

Yes, Mbadinuju was the worst Governor in Anambra's history. Many Military administrator who robbed the state black and blue were even better than him. So, i really thought you were trying to re-write history to call a total failure , a successful governor which Mbadinuju was not.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 2:11am On Sep 24, 2018
For me what makes Obiano the greatest Governor ever in Anambra is finally giving Onitsha a modern Referral hospital.
Onitsha is the ONLY city of its size in Nigeria without a modern tertiary hospital. Even Aba that we will love to mock has a fully functional Teaching Hospital serving residents of Aba.

In the past, people in Onitsha had to travel to Enugu or Asaba to get medical treatment from a public hospital. This was beyond shameful, but our people just didn't care about decent well equipped Medical Center of Excellence in Onitsha until they became sick or got injured in an accident. Many times, transferring them to Enugu meant that no family member could visit them and so many other logistic problems.

The present effort to upgrade Onitsha Specialist Hospital into a modern center of excellence is the greatest legacy of Obiano.

I personally know thousands of people who would have been alive today if we had a properly equipped and modern hospital serving Onitsha. But all the former Governors simply pretended it was not an issue until Obiano came. Posterity will be kind to Obiano for giving Onitsha a truly modern public hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Oyarebu2018(m): 3:47am On Sep 24, 2018
post=63466955:
My visit to industrial and commercial city today

I dnt understand what you are trying to say. All I see is a yellow truck on d road. What do u mean?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 3:54am On Sep 24, 2018
Cjrane2:

Anambra State Government should build markets and Plazas like the picture below and collect Yearly rent.
That will not only increase the internal revenue profile of the state, but help displaced street traders to find affordable shops to start a business.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 24, 2018
OreMI22:

Anambra State Government should build markets and Plazas like the picture below and collect Yearly rent.
That will not only increase the internal revenue profile of the state, but help displaced street traders to find affordable shops to start a business.

Government has no business doing this and should never have be involved in the Agulu resort and hotel in Onitsha. Rather they can provide land to investors, developers and businessesmen and women at a discounted rate plus other incentives as 10-yr waive of property tax to build low-income stores for traders on a deeded development clause..the stores must be sold to low-income traders only. Anambra government have similar programs for large investors, industrialists and entrepreneurs in Anambra where they provide you free land and other tax incentives.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.