Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2064845 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (1316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
From the anambra airport site

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
From the anambra airport site

You just dey pepper that useless frustrated old vagabond called mktinsight. cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
BeijinDossier:

You just dey pepper that useless frustrated old vagabond called mktinsight. cheesy

He should go forth and die so his soul will rest in peace, because if he stays till the commissioning of the airport and it's city wahala go dey
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
mktinsight:

Building parking or loading bays for trucks is different from building a runway of 3KM to withstand stresses of 70 tonnes or more. Nigerian government is spending 64 billion to build the second runway of Abuja International Airport. Delta State government spent over 20 billion to build just the runway at Asaba Airport which had to be re-awarded to Setraco.

Anambra that has a yearly revenue of 97 billion is allocating 6 billion to build what exactly? Roads to an airport they do not have money for? Obiano to me is a poor administrator. In almost 7 years he cannot point to a project of EXCELLENCE he has completed fully. His ICC is uncompleted. His expressway in Awka is uncompleted. 7 years and 700 billion and you don't see where it all went. No new roads in any of the cities. Filthy Markets causing chaos everywhere. Oh I forgot. We have street lights.

You are very wrong , nwokem. First of all, Anambra can afford to build two aircraft runways if we plan and cut excessive spending. With local labor , engineers and frugality it can easily done. Most of the contract money goes to not the equipment and raw materials, but on company personnel who make outrageous amount of salary. Some JB engineers make 1 mil monthly in a poor country like Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Meta4element(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

You are very wrong , nwokem. First of all, Anambra can afford to build two aircraft runways if we plan and cut excessive spending. With local labor , engineers and frugality it can easily done. Most of the contract money goes the not equipment and raw materials but on company personnel who make outrageous amount of salary. Some JB engineers make 1 mil monthly in a poor country like Nigeria.

Exactly.. I know a relationship of mine who his mom is well connected to politicians that got a Job in JB...The guy is not even among Top Engineers per say..I think his work has to do with Maintenance and servicing of Equipment..Let's just say he works with Maintenance department.. Even in the so call M.D his still among the Boi boi..yet Dude earns over 300k monthly...Now imagine what the Oga kpata kpata of the M.D will be earning monthly not to talk of Site engineers and Other High level dept..So at the end you see that hiring J:B is very costly

Besides,even if Obiano doesn't Deliver the Airport... I'm proud of what he's doing in this Runaway... Thing looks Fvcking SOLID...With the right content mixture of Cement and other Materials coupled with Underlying rods.. Trust me this Runway should last more that 10yrs..before we even start thinking of Maintenance....Umahi has opened Everyone's eyes...Even The road Dangote is constructing I think at Apapa is this same Method...It's now left for who will ever Come in as his successor to deliver the project completely...Thank God Anambra is always blessed with Governors who believes in Continuity

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

You are very wrong , nwokem. First of all, Anambra can afford to build two aircraft runways if we plan and cut excessive spending. With local labor , engineers and frugality it can easily done. Most of the contract money goes to not the equipment and raw materials, but on company personnel who make outrageous amount of salary. Some JB engineers make 1 mil monthly in a poor country like Nigeria.

What is 1 million monthly? I was making that at the age of 26. There are few companies that build runways and their top engineers are paid over 200,000 usd tax free or 6 million per month. What you are paying for is knowhow not concrete and there is a reason Nigerians can't even boast of simple water system something oyibo built over 100 years ago.

My concern is let's get things right than empty bravado. Big projects are not cheap. Skills are not cheapm Obianos problem is he takes shortcuts like an African tinpot dictator.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
Anotger trash from a hopelessly frustrated miserable vagabond that failed in life. Cursed fellow. cool

[s]
mktinsight:

What is 1 million monthly? I was making that at the age of 26. There are few companies that build runways and their top engineers are paid over 200,000 usd tax free or 6 million per month. What you are paying for is knowhow not concrete and there is a reason Nigerians can't even boast of simple water system something oyibo built over 100 years ago. y concern is let's get things right than empty bravado. Big projects are not cheap. Skills are not cheapm Obianos problem is he takes shortcuts like an African tinpot dictator.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Meta4element:

Exactly.. I know a relationship of mine who his mom is well connected to politicians that got a Job in JB...The guy is not even among Top Engineers per say..I think his work has to do with Maintenance and servicing of Equipment..Let's just say he works with Maintenance department.. Even in the so call M.D his still among the Boi boi..yet Dude earns over 300k monthly...Now imagine what the Oga kpata kpata of the M.D will be earning monthly not to talk of Site engineers and Other High level dept..So at the end you see that hiring J:B is very costly

Besides,even if Obiano doesn't Deliver the Airport... I'm proud of what he's doing in this Runaway... Thing looks Fvcking SOLID...With the right content mixture of Cement and other Materials coupled with Underlying rods.. Trust me this Runway should last more that 10yrs..before we even start thinking of Maintenance....Umahi has opened Everyone's eyes...Even The road Dangote is constructing I think at Apapa is this same Method...It's now left for who will ever Come in as his successor to deliver the project completely...Thank God Anambra is always blessed with Governors who believes in Continuity

Americans build all their highway and state roads with rebar and reinforced concrete. It costs a lot of money and costs a lot to maintain.

What Obiano is building in that picture is not a runway. A runway is 2m deep, 60m wide and 3km long. It requires tremendous earthworks and specialized equipment not people pouring Cement over iron rods.

Asaba took shortcuts on their runway and it was a perennial danger. I had a British pilot classmate who almost crashed landing on that horrible runway and that was with a private jet which is far smaller than a 737. Okowa did the right thing by rewarding the contract to setraco.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
Now you are interested in Obiano airport? Why are you demonic bastard interested in our airport project? You failed woefully when you were everywhere trying to diminish the importance of the airport project. Stay away from us this demon. Your inputs are not needed here, get lost with your thoughts.

[s]
mktinsight:

Americans build all their highway and state roads with rebar and reinforced concrete. It costs a lot of money and costs a lot to maintain.What Obiano is building in that picture is not a runway. A runway is 2m deep, 60m wide and 3km long. It requires tremendous earthworks and specialized equipment not people pouring Cement over iron rodssaba took shortcuts on their runway and it was a perennial danger. I had a British pilot classmate who almost crashed landing on that horrible runway and that was with a private jet which is far smaller than a 737. Okowa did the right thing by rewarding the contract to setraco.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ceegar01:

that's the runway the other pics that trended last time was the airport apron/taxiway
I doubt if this is the runway, Crunburg are the one constructing runway not IDC, it was runway that trended.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
mktinsight:

Americans build all their highway and state roads with rebar and reinforced concrete. It costs a lot of money and costs a lot to maintain.

What Obiano is building in that picture is not a runway. A runway is 2m deep, 60m wide and 3km long. It requires tremendous earthworks and specialized equipment not people pouring Cement over iron rods.

Asaba took shortcuts on their runway and it was a perennial danger. I had a British pilot classmate who almost crashed landing on that horrible runway and that was with a private jet which is far smaller than a 737. Okowa did the right thing by rewarding the contract to setraco.

Mr. How sure are you of what you are saying. are you Obiano, are you one of the contractor workers, are you part of the airport supervisors/delivery . Or even media men please tell us

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
post=91142548:

I doubt if this is the runway, Crunburg are the one constructing runway not IDC, it was runway that trended.

You are right bro, they are not craneburg, they are IDC I think
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 11:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
mktinsight:

What is 1 million monthly? I was making that at the age of 26. There are few companies that build runways and their top engineers are paid over 200,000 usd tax free or 6 million per month. What you are paying for is knowhow not concrete and there is a reason Nigerians can't even boast of simple water system something oyibo built over 100 years ago.

My concern is let's get things right than empty bravado. Big projects are not cheap. Skills are not cheapm Obianos problem is he takes shortcuts like an African tinpot dictator.

You are too far from reality.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 3:59am On Jun 28, 2020
post=91142548:

have you forgotten that Obiano invited more contractors to make the work easier craneburg is doing tower
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:

Mr. How sure are you of what you are saying. are you Obiano, are you one of the contractor workers, are you part of the airport supervisors/delivery . Or even media men please tell us

It's called knowhow. One is that before you build a runway you have to get the Subbase and base course set before the pavement itself. You have to plan for drainage since we get a lot of rain in our parts. You don't just start building a runway pavement.

A standard runway will take a minimum of 2-3 years to build. I suggest you follow how the FGN is constructing Abuja's Second runway for an idea of the standardized process takes not Obiano's disorganized way of doing things. The design phase alone will cost 1.7 billion naira and is being handled by Julius Berger. The actual runway is expected to cost over 64 billion naira. There are no shortcuts for serious infrastructure projects.

Go and read:

https://www.dublinairport.com/blog/2019/07/17/how-to-build-a-runway-part-1

https://www.dublinairport.com/blog/2019/07/31/how-to-build-a-runway-part-2

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 5:41am On Jun 28, 2020
Another trash. The airport no concern you, leave it for us.. Use your so called wisdom to fix your miserable life, we don't need your useless and worthless inputs. Demonized bastard even at 4am he is awake when human beings are at sleep Tufia cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:

It's called knowhow. One is that before you build a runway you have to get the Subbase and base course set before the pavement itself. You have to plan for drainage since we get a lot of rain in our parts. You don't just start building a runway pavement. A standard runway will take a minimum of 2-3 years to build. I suggest you follow how the FGN is constructing Abuja's Second runway for an idea of the standardized process takes not Obiano's disorganized way of doing things. The design phase alone will cost 1.7 billion naira and is being handled by Julius Berger. The actual runway is expected to cost over 64 billion naira. There are no shortcuts for serious infrastructure projects.Go and read:https://www.dublinairport.com/blog/2019/07/17/how-to-build-a-runway-part-1https://www.dublinairport.com/blog/2019/07/31/how-to-build-a-runway-part-2
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 5:43am On Jun 28, 2020
Very good response. That demon mustn't have his way here. We must always not allow him.

Rocksvibes234:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Anambra: Don’t bother me about Anambra airport project, Obiano’s commissioner lashes journalist

June 17, 2020 Okechukwu Onuegbu News 0

Barely seven months of boasting that the Anambra state International Cargo Airport project would be completed in less than 18 months, there is indication that work has not started at the site after the state commissioner for Works, Mr Marcel Ifejiofor, told journalists they won’t access it.

A team of investigative journalists including Blueprint reporter had gone to find out the pace of work at the site since Governor Willie Obiano, on November 27, 2019 during the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, said the project would be completed before 18 months.

Obiano equally claimed that work has resumed on the site with clearing done at about a kilometer out of 3.6 kilometer runway.

“Oga, sorry, we don’t entertain journalists here any longer. You can’t be allowed to see its pace. You can call the works commissioner to confirm it,” two ununiformed men stationed at the entrance to the site stated, adding that the commissioner was on site with the contracting firm.

But a look from afar showed that there was no work on the site except a visible sign of a newly cleared road by bulldozer, first of its kind since 2017 the work was flagged off.

When the commissioner for works, Mr Ifejiofor was contacted on the phone, he queried, “Why are you here? Who told you to come here? We don’t allow people to come here, you can’t come, but you can come to my office on the following Wednesday by 10am,” he said.

On Wednesday, the commissioner fumed again,“I don’t know what you want to be told about the project. Go and quote me, just say work has not started. I am not ready to talk further on the project, so you can say that I said no comment. If you have other things to know about the state of roads in Anambra, I will be ready to speak to you, but I am not willing to talk about the airport.

“Any time I want to make a comment I will tell you. If the project had started our Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) would have carried the report.

Is it because I allowed you into my office? How many commissioners in the state can allow you into their offices the way I allowed you people not to talk of other eastern states. I don’t have any comments on the project,” he said.

Obiano had at a budget presentation at Anambra State House of Assembly on September 26, 2019 announced that the government has earmarked N6 billion naira for the construction of the Anambra State International Cargo Airport at Umueri, Anambra East local government area in fulfilment of his promise at 2017 governorship campaign.

The governor in 2017 inaugurated the airport project which, according to him, included a mall, industrial, business park, airport hotel and others, claiming that it would boost economic development and increase the income base of the state.

The project, estimated to cost over $2 billion and would be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments was specifically said to provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement.

Earlier in 2017, Obiano said it was a Chinese company, Sinoking International that would build it at no cost to the state through a Build-Operate-Manage and Transfer (BOMT) basis
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Ceegar01:

have you forgotten that Obiano invited more contractors to make the work easier craneburg is doing tower
Cranburg is constructing runway, tower, while China railway construction company is constructing terminal building, IDC Taxiway and drainage

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:04am On Jun 28, 2020
Demonic bastard why not go and die so that you can rest. All through the night you were awake while human beings are sleeping, now you have resumed your demonic activities in broad day light.

Anambra international airport construction is ongoing as pictures have already been appearing here. We cast you demon into the pit of hell. cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:
Anambra: Don’t bother me about Anambra airport project, Obiano’s commissioner lashes journalistJune 17, 2020 Okechukwu Onuegbu News 0Barely seven months of boasting that the Anambra state International Cargo Airport project would be completed in less than 18 months, there is indication that work has not started at the site after the state commissioner for Works, Mr Marcel Ifejiofor, told journalists they won’t access it.A team of investigative journalists including Blueprint reporter had gone to find out the pace of work at the site since Governor Willie Obiano, on November 27, 2019 during the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, said the project would be completed before 18 months.
biano equally claimed that work has resumed on the site with clearing done at about a kilometer out of 3.6 kilometer runway[b]“Oga, sorry, we don’t entertain journalists here any longer. You can’t be allowed to see its pace. You can call the works commissioner to confirm it,” two ununiformed men stationed at the entrance to the site stated, adding that the commissioner was on site with the contracting firmBut a look from afar showed that there was no work on the site except a visible sign of a newly cleared road by bulldozer, first of its kind since 2017 the work was flagged off.[When the commissioner for works, Mr Ifejiofor was contacted on the phone, he queried, “Why are you here? Who told you to come here? We don’t allow people to come here, you can’t come, but you can come to my office on the following Wednesday by 10am,” he saOn Wednesday, the commissioner fumed again,“I don’t know what you want to be told about the project. Go and quote me, just say work has not started. I am not ready to talk further on the project, so you can say that I said no comment. If you have other things to know about the state of roads in Anambra, I will be ready to speak to you, but I am not willing to talk about the airport.ny time I want to make a comment I will tell you. If the project had started our Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) would have carried the report. [/b]s it because I allowed you into my office? How many commissioners in the state can allow you into their offices the way I allowed you people not to talk of other eastern states. I don’t have any comments on the project,” he saidObiano had at a budget presentation at Anambra State House of Assembly on September 26, 2019 announced that the government has earmarked N6 billion naira for the construction of the Anambra State International Cargo Airport at Umueri, Anambra East local government area in fulfilment of his promise at 2017 governorship campaign.he governor in 2017 inaugurated the airport project which, according to him, included a mall, industrial, business park, airport hotel and others, claiming that it would boost economic development and increase the income base of the state.he project, estimated to cost over $2 billion and would be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments was specifically said to provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement.Earlier in 2017, Obiano said it was a Chinese company, Sinoking International that would build it at no cost to the state through a Build-Operate-Manage and Transfer (BOMT) basis
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:07am On Jun 28, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Demonic bastard why not go and die so that you can rest. All through the night you were awake while human beings are sleeping, now you have resumed your demonic activities in broad day light.

Anambra international airport construction is ongoing as pictures have already been appearing here. We cast you demon into the pit of hell. cheesy

[s][/s]
I wonder why you are wasting your time on that idiot
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 8:07am On Jun 28, 2020
mktinsight:
Anambra: Don’t bother me about Anambra airport project, Obiano’s commissioner lashes journalist

June 17, 2020 Okechukwu Onuegbu News 0

Barely seven months of boasting that the Anambra state International Cargo Airport project would be completed in less than 18 months, there is indication that work has not started at the site after the state commissioner for Works, Mr Marcel Ifejiofor, told journalists they won’t access it.

A team of investigative journalists including Blueprint reporter had gone to find out the pace of work at the site since Governor Willie Obiano, on November 27, 2019 during the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, said the project would be completed before 18 months.

Obiano equally claimed that work has resumed on the site with clearing done at about a kilometer out of 3.6 kilometer runway.

“Oga, sorry, we don’t entertain journalists here any longer. You can’t be allowed to see its pace. You can call the works commissioner to confirm it,” two ununiformed men stationed at the entrance to the site stated, adding that the commissioner was on site with the contracting firm.

But a look from afar showed that there was no work on the site except a visible sign of a newly cleared road by bulldozer, first of its kind since 2017 the work was flagged off.

When the commissioner for works, Mr Ifejiofor was contacted on the phone, he queried, “Why are you here? Who told you to come here? We don’t allow people to come here, you can’t come, but you can come to my office on the following Wednesday by 10am,” he said.

On Wednesday, the commissioner fumed again,“I don’t know what you want to be told about the project. Go and quote me, just say work has not started. I am not ready to talk further on the project, so you can say that I said no comment. If you have other things to know about the state of roads in Anambra, I will be ready to speak to you, but I am not willing to talk about the airport.

“Any time I want to make a comment I will tell you. If the project had started our Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) would have carried the report.

Is it because I allowed you into my office? How many commissioners in the state can allow you into their offices the way I allowed you people not to talk of other eastern states. I don’t have any comments on the project,” he said.

Obiano had at a budget presentation at Anambra State House of Assembly on September 26, 2019 announced that the government has earmarked N6 billion naira for the construction of the Anambra State International Cargo Airport at Umueri, Anambra East local government area in fulfilment of his promise at 2017 governorship campaign.

The governor in 2017 inaugurated the airport project which, according to him, included a mall, industrial, business park, airport hotel and others, claiming that it would boost economic development and increase the income base of the state.

The project, estimated to cost over $2 billion and would be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments was specifically said to provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement.

Earlier in 2017, Obiano said it was a Chinese company, Sinoking International that would build it at no cost to the state through a Build-Operate-Manage and Transfer (BOMT) basis
Work is going on at the airport at neckbreak speed. You should know that most of the print journalists and correspondents for major dailies working in Anambra are PDP hirelings who are out to misrepresent the Obiano administration since Obiano chose to work only with ABS, Channels TV, National Light, Purity fm and Odenigbo fm.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2020
post=91152135:

I wonder why you are wasting your time on that idiot

We shouldn't allow that demon take control of this thread. His plan is to hijack the thread and spread his demonic narrative. He did same thing when that omambaladotcom was floated. Now he is back here.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2020
Reps hold crucial meeting with contractor on rehabilitation of Enugu airport
Latest NewsTop News
By Jacob Segun Olatunji & Kehinde Akintola - Abuja On Jan 9, 2020

The House of Representatives on Thursday held a crucial meeting with the contractor handling the rehabilitation of Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu State, with the view to ensure timely completion of the N10 billion contract before Easter celebration.

The Chairman, House Committee on Aviation, Hon. Nnolil Nnaji and other stakeholders who spoke during the meeting expressed grave concern over the competence of the contractors who handled the rehabilitation of the airport in 2010 but collapsed in 2016.

Other stakeholders, who spoke at the meeting are Managing Director of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Nigeria Airports Management Authority (NAMA), as well as the consultants.

At the meeting, Mr David Emerson, who spoke on behalf of the contractor, assured that the company will accelerate the rehabilitation of the airport, adding that plans are underway to add concrete pavements at the end of the runway.

He, however, solicited for the intervention of the Committee towards resolving the crisis arising from the hostility of the host communities where the quarry is located.

“We have visited a lot of quarries producing stones that meet specifications. We are worried about getting the stones within the compressed time as communities are blocking our trucks,” he lamented.

While responding to questions on the disparity between of amounts required and the amount approved, FAAN Managing Director, Captain Rabiu Yadudu, who disclosed that the total sum of N10 billion approved by resident Muhammadu Buhari, however explained that the actual amount eventually required for the contract was N8.5 billion, leaving a surplus of N1.5 billion in the coffer of the supervising ministry.

The lawmakers, who harped on the for timely completion of the project before Easter celebration, resolved to embark on oversight visit within 3 weeks to ascertain the level of work done so far.

In his presentation, NAMA Managing Director/CEO, Mr Fola Akinkuotu explained that: “The current collapse of the Akanu Ibiam Airport is regarded as a major work which is not only limited to the pavement surface but also requires stabilisation of base courses.

“600-meter runway extension was constructed in 2010 and it failed in 2016 which is just after six years.”

On his part, the consultant engaged by the ministry, Mohammed Sani Baba expressed optimism that Boeing 747 (400 series) fully loaded should be able to land and take off from Enugu Airport on completion of the project.

As stated in the document presented to the Committee, the correction of the slope from 0.7% to 1.3% or 1.5% on full strength especially where water ponding is observed; 2.5% slope shall be maintained on the shoulder.

The overlay is also capable of extending the life of the pavement by well above 10 years.

The proposed cross-section for both 1.3% and 1.5% transverse slope satisfy international standards and are also effective for quick removal of runoff.

The company also assured that the cost implication of the rehabilitation has been analysed and the design will fix all the structural failure of the pavement and greatly improve the operations of the airport, the implementation comes at a relatively lower cost.

The company also intends to use fiberglass grid which will prevent crack, water damage, improve loading capacity and prolong the lifetime of the pavement.

In his intervention, Hon. Victor Nwokolo stressed the need for the contractor to factor in specification, design, quality as well as follow the bill of quantity.

In the bid to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the completion of the work, the lawmaker underscored the need for the harmonious relationship between the contractor and consultants.

While speaking, Hon. Nnolil disclosed that the contract for the rehabilitation of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport was awarded to PW above other local contractors because of its track record.

While reacting to issues bothering on the host communities, Hon. Nnolil urged the contractor to synergise with the Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State with the view to resolve the problem.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
Work is going on at the airport at neckbreak speed. You should know that most of the print journalists and correspondents for major dailies working in Anambra are PDP hirelings who are out to misrepresent the Obiano administration since Obiano chose to work only with ABS, Channels TV, National Light, Purity fm and Odenigbo fm.

The clown mktinsight is a demon. He campaigned all over the place against the airport project, now pictures started rolling out, he shifted the to attacking the project. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2020
Some are born to be a sadist, he never contribute anything meaningful to Anambra or Igbo in general, he is just like Jeo Igbokwe, it's heridity, you can't change his negative reasoning, people like him in the village are the ones killing innocent people.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 8:15am On Jun 28, 2020
BeijinDossier:

The clown mktinsight is a demon. He campaigned all over the place against the airport project, now pictures started rolling out, he shifted the to attacking the project.
Is he from Anambra? Because only a hateful opposition or mentally challenged Anambra indigene would be against such a laudable project.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
Is he from Anambra? Because only a hateful opposition or mentally challenged Anambra indigene would be against such a laudable project.

Mktinsight is cursed. He didn't start today. I don't know where he came from. When we opened omambaladotcom site he came there. The curse on him is the reason he doesn't sleep at night. Even at 3am and 4am he was on this thread posting when human beings were sleeping. cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:

I am from Anambra and I am against the project because the government has better things to do with their pitiful amount of revenue. There are 3 airports 1 hour away from Anambra - Owerri, Asaba, Enugu. Use the 20-30 billion an airport will cost to fix Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi. You don't need an airport.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2020
Mktinsight, come and cry. cheesy

Ongoing Anambra international cargo and passenger airport

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:26am On Jun 28, 2020
Shut up bastard. You are a demon and not from Anambra. Why should we allow a cursed mad man like you to decide on what we need in our own state.

Our cities are also getting attention while we are doing mega projects and those cities you mentioned that have airports are no better in anyway than the cities in Anambra.

We need the airport and our government is constructing it. Go and die because the airport project is fast ongoing. cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:

am from Anambra and I am against the project because the government has better things to do with their pitiful amount of revenue. There are 3 airports 1 hour away from Anambra - Owerri, Asaba, Enugu. Use the 20-30 billion an airport will cost to fix Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi. You don't need an airport.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2020
post=91152013:

Cranburg is constructing runway, tower, while China railway construction company is constructing terminal building, IDC Taxiway and drainage
My brother did you know that Rcc and Nigercat are also among the contractors working there, Anyway my happiness is that work is going on there. Thanks though

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (1316) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Freeman90 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.