Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2067488 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:
An industrial city requires planning. Industries cluster in places where they can get:

- Power
- Good Roads
- Water
- Security
- Cheap Skills
- Good Housing
- Good Location

The Ethiopians are the only country in Sub-Saharan Africa who know what industrial zones are supposed to look like. They have a place called Hawassa which was setup in 9 months to world standard and hosts 52 companies and has created 60,000 jobs:

https://set.odi.org/sonia-hoque-odi-ethiopias-economic-transformation-job-creation-role-hawassa-industrial-park/

Is there anywhere in Anambra that resembles this? The only industrial park worthy of note in Nigeria is Agbara Estate in Ogun which hosts Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Beloxxi, Beta Glass and more. Which industry in the East can boast of such and nobody is asking why?

Perhaps a big reason is that most multinationals find Nigeria a horrible place to do business and so stay close to the entry/exit point which is Lagos. They produce there and ask Nigerians to come buy and distribute from there. They venture to places like Anambra and see the chaos and lawlessness of markets in Onitsha, the lack of power, the congested Niger Bridge, smile politely and head elsewhere.

The cost is the massive loss of jobs which results in the youth migrating to Lagos and other states for sustenace. Obiano and friends should ask just why many multinationals do not have any factory in Anambra to produce for the Eastern regional market. Why are Indomie? Nestle? Nigerian Breweries? GSK? not in Onitsha other than as sales offices? Why is MTN, Glo running regional operations from Asaba/Enugu and not Awka? People have eyes and they see what a government is doing. They know commitment when they see it.

Why do you always position yourself like you kno more than everyone else.. At the end all u do is confirm how shallow you are...

I hate i too kno people..

Every issue raised you always have opinion, you always end up saying nothing

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
Armon:
Guys I am happy that we are indeed brainstorming for our good...

On the issue of OGUN state....Ogun state have seen it self as an opportunist so they maximized that opportunity because of Lagos...this started from big Pentecostal churches that need large auditorium and camping centers Ogun sold there's cheaper and built more connecing roads, later they fought Lagos to grabbed their land back from Lagos thanks to OBJ then ruling FG...many in Lagos may think they are in Lagos but fact is they are in Ogun.

Now so much luck for OGUN as Obasanjo helped rocover their land from Lagos and as well being that oil and gas belongs to FG Obasanjo then allow gas piped to ogun state so that big multinationals can fall on ogun, then obasanjo made better incentives for the companys including security so far they berth there...trust me many multi and trans national company are there. The roads to those places are gigantic....I have been there and those company had no mercy grabbing more lands on the premise of future expansion. This is why I regret OBI and GEJ for not utilizing opportunities they had in our favor.

Now As for Anambra state gas development is key for tremendous infrastructural improvments but achieving that goal will be wonderful but because of the financial involment in development of gas and FG who owns oil and gas to give permits and sundry may not happen...few oil company's standing in Anambra was given permit during GEJ and since they are indigenous company it is expected that FG to give them more incentives to make them prosper and I doubt if GEJ gave them at that time and surely they will not get any in this administration. Now there is already developed gas in abia and Imo we need to seek FG permission to pipe to our industrial zones in Anambra it's money vault breaking but cheaper than developing our own gas hence another problem will this Buhari administration permit such request when south east is not involved in the loan from China

So brothers our woes in development of gas aspect is not entirely our fault and no matter how we paint it is wholly left for FG.

Here is my suggestion to ANSG to meet all companys in Anambra explain all this challenges and give more incentives to companys so that they can happily stay on the likes of security, tax reductions, cheaper lands etc and after prayers and fasting by ANSG to meet FG for gas piping permit or authorization for developing our own gas.

Bro, we have run out of excuses, with the construction of DEEP SEAPORT IN BOTH AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVERS, AS WELL AS INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRPORT IN UMUERI.

There is alot of preparatory work before any substantive work can start on ground.

Wat I propose is that we start with the preparatory work first.

We are just trying to start the discussion and hopefully consultation, with the eventual possibility of a market study to ascertain economic feasibility, gas quantity and locations, identify industrialist in SS and SE that can be potential partners before the development program.

Then we move to the design work.

This is alot of work and we dont need permission to carry out this work.

It is well within the domain of Anambra State Government.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla07: 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
rdokoye:

Nigeria has the largest industrial sector in Africa. Moroccans import far more stuff than Nigeria. Virtually nothing is made in Morocco, so, not a good example.

What exactly is manufactured in Ogun State for you to call it industrialised? There may be a few industries there, trying to leverage off the cheaper land costs, but that has more to do with the states proximity to Lagos, rather than anything the state is doing.

Oversabi
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
post=91480835:

You see the reason why I said you are dumb, imagine the rubbish you wrote that industries in Ogun are more than entire Southeast without any evidence, that's how you go about fooling yourself here

Otondo go through this table below check Ogun and Anambra in industrial sector see the small gap Ogun gave Anambra state, imagine when you add Abia, Enugu and Imo, services contribute to states economy than agriculture and industry, the industries in Ogun is not because their leaders are smart but because of proximity to Lagos and land are cheap, majority are not indigenous, Anambra industrial sector is driven by indigenous, Anambra beat Ogun in Norminal GDP which measure the economy

You claimed Ogun industries are far more than the entire Southeast check Anambra state and Ogun below this table

Actually you are too dumb to even understand what you are posting. Go back and read BOY.

If you had anything of a brain you would have seen your fallacy where Rivers State with NLNG, Shell, Chevron has nominal GDP of 5trn?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 11:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=hammer3 post=91483783]

Bro, we have run out of excuses, with the construction of DEEP SEAPORT IN BOTH AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVERS, AS WELL AS INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRPORT IN UMUERI.

There is alot of preparatory work before any substantive work can start on ground.

Wat I propose is that we start with the preparatory work first.

We are just trying to start the discussion and hopefully consultation, with the eventual possibility of a market study to ascertain economic feasibility, gas quantity and locations, identify industrialist in SS and SE that can be potential partners before the development program.

Then we move to the design work.

This is alot of work and we dont need permission to carry out this work.

It is well within the domain of Anambra State Government.

Thank you so much for your contribution, but sir any thing that is in the exclusive of FG you cant touch anything until you are given guidelines which maybe a condition for permit, Akwaibom has severally gone for the deepsea permit... including Lagos at Badagry FG refused for Badagry but granted lekki because of dangote investment child of FG and I don't know if FG has given a nod to Akwaibom as last i checked it wasn't so ..

This include Air, please go check when and who licensed or permitted ANSG to build airport remember both Stella Odua and ChidokA used that office and even prolonged that license but time is passing gradually and ANSG is staggering to make it happen.

My candid advise is ANSG should make application to FG of whatever our dreams are should be after prayer and fasting circumstances may make them grant it in our favor, like umahi during this recent uncalmness in our region FG granted permit like airport, which they dont give easily to our region now we are airborne but sea born like onitsha is a long shot, but encourage to make application.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
Useless vagabond always spewing trash. Everyone on this thread has seen through your emptiness despite how hard you try to appear as if know anything. You need to just go sit somewhere and ask yourself some questions.

[s]
mktinsight:

Actually you are too dumb to even understand what you are posting. Go back and read BOY.
f you had anything of a brain you would have seen your fallacy where Rivers State with NLNG, Shell, Chevron has nominal GDP of 5trn?
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 1:23am On Jul 08, 2020
rdokoye:

Nigeria doesn't even fulfil local demand, given its size, that's why it doesn't export on the same scale. But it's industries is several times the size of Morocco - that is a fact.

I don't agree with you. What Ogun companies are manufacturing the tiles that are sold in Anambra? Why don't Ogun state have the commercial sector to facilitate the industries, you claim are producing, but no one has ever heard of. Ogun State's economy is smaller than Anambra.

Ogun States private sector is also significantly smaller, which is reflected in the level of infrastructure. The issue in Nigeria is the supply chain. Nigeria doesn't produce enough, because those in power, deliberately bottlenecked the economy, so that they could control the rate of growth and development, primarily in the Eastern region.

Please Dont be misinformed. Most of the tiles being sold in anambra especially in building materials ogidi, comes from ogun state. I have an uncle who deals majorly in tiles and his goods are brought to him from Ogun state. Funny enough and very unfortunate is the fact that the company supplying my Uncle these tiles is owned by an Igbo man.
This begs the question. Why is anambra only seen as a retailing market when we could be so much more. We have everything we need to become an industrial zone but yet we are still where we are. There is obviously something we are not doing right.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2020
I also Dont think our government is paying close attention to the need for industrialisation in our state. Look at akwaibom for instance, the government is building industries there. However do you want our IGR to improve if we do not invest in our industries? Although this is not entirely the fault of our state government because alas the fed govt isn't helping matters.

Obiano has done a lot in improving our agricultural sector of which I commend him immensely for. But a government cannot continue to rely just on the primary (agricultural) sector alone. It needs to be in tandem with the industrial sector.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 1:37am On Jul 08, 2020
Also I still very much wonder why companies owned by Igbo men are built outside of the south east. Is it that our land is not conducive enough for industries or there is something other states are doing right that we aren't doing?. I am still yet to see an Hausa or Yoruba owned company in the south east( I might be wrong) but yet major companies owned by Igbo men litters outside of the south east.

I commend obiano for starting the aku lue uno initiative as it has started bringing our people back to their states. However there is still a great need for this initiative to be pursued aggressively. Setting up an industrial zone with all the amenities provided should be a major priority

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 08, 2020
These are the investments in Ogun state just in the last 10 years:

Hayat Kimya - Molfix - $100m or 30b Naira Factory (2017)
https://nipc.gov.ng/2017/05/26/hayat-kimya-group-opens-100-million-factory-ogun/

Nestle opens Flowergate Factory - 12b Naira (2017)

Nestle opens $11m Milo Factory (2018)
https://www.foodbev.com/news/nestle-nigeria-opens-new-milo-rtd-plant/

Proctor & Gamble opens $300m factory / 90b Naira Factory (2014)
https://www.nonwovens-industry.com/issues/2014-06-01/view_breaking-news/pampers-plant-opens-in-nigeria/

Unilever opens $12m Blueband Margerine Factory in Ogun (2017)
https://www.trendtype.com/news/blue-band-nigeria/

Jaro Industries opens $12m Carton Factory in Ogun (2019)
https://africaincmag.com/2019/09/27/jaro-industries-opens-us12m-new-carton-factory-in-nigeria-promises-to-employ-over-800-people/

International Breweries opens $250m factory in Ogun (2018)
https://www.businessamlive.com/250m-africas-second-largest-brewery-opens-in-nigerias-sagamu-ogun-state/

Neros Pharmaceuticals opens Factory in Ogun
http://www.nerospharma.com/aboutus/photogallery.htm

Honeywell constructs 140,000mta pasta plant in Ogun
https://nairametrics.com/2018/05/11/honeywell-constructs-a-new-14000mt-capacity-plant-ready-for-a-profitable-2018/

Dangote Opens $1b Cement plant in Ogun
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/02/11/africas-richest-man-opens-1-billion-cement-plant/#7a39b71725f9
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 08, 2020
A loss for Lagos is Ogun’s gain

Companies choose the Nigerian state as a cheaper option than its dynamic neighbour
Neil Munshi November 21 2018
https://www.ft.com/content/9d563472-c727-11e8-86e6-19f5b7134d1c

For Ogun state, proximity is the name of the game. On the map, Ogun holds Lagos in a warm embrace, surrounding the economic engine of Nigeria and its 20m or so inhabitants on the two sides that do not border the Atlantic or neighbouring Benin.

According to official estimates, Lagos state’s output last year was $136bn; more than a third of Nigeria’s total gross domestic product. The Lagos economy on its own is the fifth-largest economy in Africa, far bigger than those of entire countries considered top-tier investment destinations in Africa, from Kenya to Ghana. It is the home of nearly every big company, foreign and domestic, and sector in Nigeria.

But it is expensive. Executives say factory space in Lagos costs about 10 times more than it does in Ogun. That helps explain why companies from consumer giants Unilever and Nestlé to Chinese plastics manufacturers have set up in the state.

In August, International Breweries, the Nigerian subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, opened a new $250m factory in Ogun — its largest in Africa outside South Africa.

Last year, Turkish consumer goods company Hayat Kimya officially opened its nappy production plant in Ogun, in which it had invested $100m. Two of Nestlé’s three Nigerian factories are in Ogun.

One western diplomat describes the state as “the New Jersey of Lagos” and the motorway leading through it — dotted along the way with factories and industrial zones — as “like the M4 corridor running through the home counties up to Bristol”.

Babi Subair runs Ogun’s One-Stop-Shop Investment Centre, a government agency dedicated to attracting more foreign direct investment by providing a single reference point for businesses. She says the state has not done much marketing to bring in multinationals.

“The reason we haven’t had to be targeted in our approach to attracting investors is our proximity to the largest market in Nigeria,” she says. “What we’ve experienced is that as the major multinationals want to expand their businesses . . . Lagos has run out of land and the only other place they can go is Ogun state.
Nigeria map

“So we have benefited from our proximity to Lagos state as well as the fact that we are known as a gateway state: we are known for our accessibility to the west African market as well as the other markets in Nigeria.”

State authorities realise they need to do more to pitch to outside investors. In the last year or two, Ms Subair says, “certain investments that should have come to Ogun state on paper have gone to other states and that’s because those states have actually gone out to aggressively market to those foreign investors, whereas we’ve been quite complacent because . . . they just come”.

Ms Subair points out that Ogun’s authorities have made other efforts to make the state a good place for foreign companies to do business.

In 2011, when governor Ibikunle Amosun took over, Ogun ranked 35th out of 36 Nigerian states in the World Bank’s ease of doing business rankings. In the 2018 report, it has the 12th best average score on key criteria for doing business. Furthermore, it was identified alongside Ekiti and Enugu states as those that have been the most “consistently active” in passing reforms in the period since 2010.

Companies such as China-based Sun Ceramics are moving their manufacturing into the state.

However, a western diplomat suggested that while Ogun was making progress as an investment destination, “we've been struck by the capacity limits and I imagine that is going to be something of a challenge”.

One particular area the state worked on was convincing the federal government to open local offices for a variety of national agencies — including the export commission, corporate affairs commission and inland revenue — in the state. This was to ensure that companies did not have to travel to the capital, Abuja, to deal with regulatory and tax affairs. It has also worked to bolster road and power infrastructure, which is under-developed throughout Nigeria.

MP Singh is the managing director for Midland Rolling Mills and Midland Galvanising Products, which produce cold-rolled steel coils and sheets and construction industry materials, respectively. His company has been based in Ogun since 1976, mostly because of its vicinity to Lagos and its port.

“If you see cost of operations, land, facilities, everything is much cheaper than in Lagos state,” he says.

“And Ogun is very safe. From all points of view — closeness to port, transportation costs, infrastructure — everything is better in Ogun state.”

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 08, 2020
wizzyvibes:
Also I still very much wonder why companies owned by Igbo men are built outside of the south east. Is it that our land is not conducive enough for industries or there is something other states are doing right that we aren't doing?. I am still yet to see an Hausa or Yoruba owned company in the south east( I might be wrong) but yet major companies owned by Igbo men litters outside of the south east.

I commend obiano for starting the aku lue uno initiative as it has started bringing our people back to their states. However there is still a great need for this initiative to be pursued aggressively. Setting up an industrial zone with all the amenities provided should be a major priority

Some states are putting things in place while Anambra are beating its chest like King Kong. All over Nairaland you have Obiano stooges posting pictures of streetlights, flyovers, layouts.. Do you see anyone from Akwa Ibom posting thousands of pictures of first class roads in Uyo or their world class stadium or their airport? Do you see folks from Cross-River posting pictures every week of roads in Calabar or their fantastic International Conference Center? Do you see Wike stooges talking about all the infrastructure he has been building over the past 3 years in Port Harcourt? Anambra government should focus on working rather than boasting about the little they have accomplished.

As it is there is NO CITY in Nigeria to me that is exemplary in anything compared to its peers in Africa. Go to South Africa, Morocco, Kenya, Tanzania, Ivory Coast and see development. Not the rubbish Nigerians are parading. To the person who said Nigeria is the most industrialized place in Africa s/he has not been to Johannesburg or Cairo. Lagos is a mouse compared to these cities. Apapa is not even the busiest port in Africa. Go to Durban, Port Said, Tangier, Mombasa.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 4:07am On Jul 08, 2020
Armon:
Thank you so much for your contribution, but sir anything that is in the exclusive of FG you cant touch anything until you are given guidelines which maybe a condition for permit, Akwaibom has severally gone for the deepsea permit... including Lagos at Badagry FG refused for Badagry but granted lekki because of dangote investment child of FG and I don't know if FG has given a nod to Akwaibom as last i checked it wasn't so ..

This include Air, please go check when and who licensed or permitted ANSG to build airport remember both Stella Odua and ChidokA used that office and even prolonged that license but time is passing gradually and ANSG is staggering to make it happen.

My candid advise is ANSG should make application to FG of whatever our dreams are should be after prayer and fasting circumstances may make them grant it in our favor, like umahi during this recent uncalmness in our region FG granted permit like airport, which they dont give easily to our region now we are airborne but sea born like onitsha is a long shot, but encourage to make application.

14755. mktinsight: Quote Post

wizzyvibes:

Listen to wat our brother is saying above.

He said, state government cannot plan to industrialise because anything that is in the exclusive of FG, you cant touch anything until you are given guidelines which may be a condition for a permit.

This is y shell has quickly moved in on Imo State Gas and waiting for a client Government in Anambra to move in on Anambra gas.

I will not repeat myself again, I already said enough, if they like, let them keep giving excuse y they fail to plan or provide amenities.

Any business involving Shell is a loss, if you doubt take a look at NigerDelta. Shell is corruption personified. WE WANT OUR OWN COMPANIES TO HANDLE EVERYTHING AND NIGERIA GAS COMPANY WILL GET WAT EVER CONTRIBUTION THEY MAKE TO THE PROJECT AND WAT IS OWED TO THEM. THIS IS NOT LIKE OIL WHERE THEY SELL AND GIVE DERIVATIVES. THIS IS INDUSTRIALISATION AND GAS SUPPLY TO INDUSTRIES IN ANAMBRA. THERE IS NO DOLLARS TO SHARE HERE, JUST TAXES. IF WE DO OUR RESEARCH AND PLANNING WE CAN BE BETTER PREPARED FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Setting up an industrial zone with all the amenities provided should be a major priority. i.e. land, water, and power readily available

Number one is 24 hours electricity, not all the electricity should be Gas powered. Thus the site need to have access to a major River, with at least 1900 megawatts of reliable electricity generated via hydro, wind, coal and natural gas at highly competitive rates. The site will benefit from Independent Water and Power Project (IWPP), which produces 800,000,000 liters of water and 2743.6 megawatts of electricity per day via Grand River Dam adjacent to the park.

Number two, they need to start the cooperative land use planning and development initiative for a pro-business environment, and life amenities For the provision of utilities, roads, highway access, access to active rail, water, sewer, redundant 3 phase power, natural gas, cornfields, commercial” landfill sites or waste to power industry as Obiano planned. Also, water and waste-water treatment facilities services to industrial customers with plenty of capacity to accommodate future growth.

Others are technical schools, universities and state-of-the-art STEM lab and school in the business district combining technology, training, and opportunity.

Number three, then we source for industries that can benefit from the site such as Petrochemical company, advanced manufacturing, bio-manufacturing and technical and scientiic companies that will benefit from the highly educated and skilled workers. The target should be to draw investment in the oil, chemical, gas and petrochemical industries to the region, with at least 40 petrochemical companies.

Number four, is the Buisness District, should be at least 162-acre development that incorporates retail, residential, parks, trainings and research institution, universities and stem. The new development is a fusion of walkable retail areas and residential living combined with a natural environment that offers wide-open spaces and outdoor activity. It includes 32,000 square feet of retail space, a 100-unit multi-story living complex, 100 residential homes, 10 acres of parks and outdoor spaces, with connectivity via walking and biking trail systems.

Wateva we do, we must set an example for Abia, Imo, even Ebonyi and Enugu to follow with their resources, particularly Imo and Abia that also has Gas in commercial quantity. Shell should not be involved with Imo State Gas.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 5:28am On Jul 08, 2020
Number Five
mktinsight:
One particular area the state worked on was convincing the federal government to open local offices for a variety of national agencies — including the export commission, corporate affairs commission and inland revenue — in the state. This was to ensure that companies did not have to travel to the capital, Abuja, to deal with regulatory and tax affairs. It has also worked to bolster road and power infrastructure, which is under-developed throughout Nigeria.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:17am On Jul 08, 2020
Trash from a frustrated vagabond. Face your useless and hopeless life.

[s]
mktinsight:

Some states are putting things in place while Anambra are beating its chest like King Kong. All over Nairaland you have Obiano stooges posting pictures of streetlights, flyovers, layouts.. Do you see anyone from Akwa Ibom posting thousands of pictures of first class roads in Uyo or their world class stadium or their airport? Do you see folks from Cross-River posting pictures every week of roads in Calabar or their fantastic International Conference Center? Do you see Wike stooges talking about all the infrastructure he has been building over the past 3 years in Port Harcourt? Anambra government should focus on working rather than boasting about the little they have accomplished.As it is there is NO CITY in Nigeria to me that is exemplary in anything compared to its peers in Africa. Go to South Africa, Morocco, Kenya, Tanzania, Ivory Coast and see development. Not the rubbish Nigerians are parading. To the person who said Nigeria is the most industrialized place in Africa s/he has not been to Johannesburg or Cairo. Lagos is a mouse compared to these cities. Apapa is not even the busiest port in Africa. Go to Durban, Port Said, Tangier, Mombasa.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:19am On Jul 08, 2020
Why not open a thread somewhere and start discussing it there. You are spamming with thread with your useless and worthless posts.

[s]
mktinsight:
These are the i
in Ogun state just in the last 10 years:Hayat Kimya - Molfix - $100m or 30b Naira Factory (2017)
https://nipc.gov.ng/2017/05/26/hayat-kimya-group-opens-100-million-factory-ogun/
estle opens Flowergate Factory - 12b Naira (2017)Nestle opens $11m Milo Factory (2018)
https://www.foodbev.com/news/nestle-nigeria-opens-new-milo-rtd-plantroctor & Gamble opens $300m factory / 90b Naira Factory (2014)
https://www.nonwovens-industry.com/issues/2014-06-01/view_breaking-news/pampers-plant-opens-in-nigeria/nilever opens $12m Blueband Margerine Factory in Ogun (2017)
https://www.trendtype.com/news/blue-band-nigeria/Jaro Industries opens $12m Carton Factory in Ogun (2019)
https://africaincmag.com/2019/09/27/jaro-industries-opens-us12m-new-carton-factory-in-nigeria-promises-to-employ-over-800-people/nternational Breweries opens $250m factory in Ogun (2018)
https://www.businessamlive.com/250m-africas-second-largest-brewery-opens-in-nigerias-sagamu-ogun-state/
http://www.nerospharma.com/aboutus/photogallery.htHoneywell constructs 140,000mta pasta plant in Ogun
https://nairametrics.com/2018/05/11/honeywell-constructs-a-new-14000mt-capacity-plant-ready-for-a-profitable-2018/Dangote Opens $1b Cement plant in Ogunhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/02/11/africas-richest-man-opens-1-billion-cement-plant/#7a39b71725f9
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2020
mktinsight:

If you had anything of a brain you would have seen your fallacy where Rivers State with NLNG, Shell, Chevron has nominal GDP of 5trn?
Ode so you don't believe states GDP rebasing conducted by NBS and CBN There methodolog, state accounts describe all flows within a period between the economic units constituting the national /state economy and their stocks. As such, the States accounts can follow national accounts as long as one can clearly define and delineate a state, and its resident units in terms of institutional units, production units, consumer units within it. In short, SGDP is the sum of gross value added of all resident producer units (industries) within the economic borders of the state during a given period of time including taxes, less subsidies, on products. The institutional units / sectors in the States include: Non-financial corporations, Financial corporations (Banks, Insurance etc), State governments, Non-profit institutions serving households (NPISH) in the state, and Households. In compilation of SGDP, residence is not based on birth or legal criteria. Instead, an institutional unit is classified as resident if it has a centre of economic interest in the economic territory of a state. Certain activities cut across state boundaries, and thus their economic contribution cannot be assigned to any one state eg telecommunication, Railway line, Transportation, Banking & Insurance. Other activities like Defence, paramilitary, border security force, high sea drilling etc are kept outside the purview of the state GDP. Key data sources included in SGDP compilation include secondary/administrative data, surveys, financial statements, audited State government accounts and VAT returns, among others.
Services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
mktinsight:
These are the investments in Ogun state just in the last 10 years:

Hayat Kimya - Molfix - $100m or 30b Naira Factory (2017)

Nestle opens Flowergate Factory - 12b Naira (2017)

Nestle opens $11m Milo Factory (2018)
https://www.foodbev.com/news/nestle-nigeria-opens-new-milo-rtd-plant/

Proctor & Gamble opens $300m factory / 90b Naira Factory (2014)
https://www.nonwovens-industry.com/issues/2014-06-01/view_breaking-news/pampers-plant-opens-in-nigeria/

Unilever opens $12m Blueband Margerine Factory in Ogun (2017)
https://www.trendtype.com/news/blue-band-nigeria/

Jaro Industries opens $12m Carton Factory in Ogun (2019)
https://africaincmag.com/2019/09/27/jaro-industries-opens-us12m-new-carton-factory-in-nigeria-promises-to-employ-over-800-people/

International Breweries opens $250m factory in Ogun (2018)

http://www.nerospharma.com/aboutus/photogallery.htm

Honeywell constructs 140,000mta pasta plant in Ogun
https://nairametrics.com/2018/05/11/honeywell-constructs-a-new-14000mt-capacity-plant-ready-for-a-profitable-2018/

Dangote Opens $1b Cement plant in Ogun
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/02/11/africas-richest-man-opens-1-billion-cement-plant/#7a39b71725f9

I believe your dull brain didn't remind you of

UAC company in Onitsha
Coca Cola
NB
Coscharis mill
Chealse
Josan
Sea horse
Tiga food
Stine
Lynden and numerous indigenous companies across Anambra state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
A great prof of mine once said don't use statistics the way a drunken man uses a lamp post - for support not illumination.

Now THINK and stop being a parrot. NBS conducts surveys and makes estimates not hard data. So is their ESTIMATE reasonable? I told you how Lagos posed as some sophisticated mega city until Fashola went house to house and found huge poverty in that city. That was after Lagos claimed a GDP of 100b plus as compared to Johannesburg which has a GDP of just 76b. Meanwhile Joburg has a stock market capitalized at close to 1 trillion dollars, the biggest companies on the continent, over 200 shopping malls and the wealthiest people in any African city.

Let's be honest with ourselves and work hard to put things in place.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Useless post from a hopeless drunkard. So all those links you posted, how did those news sites came to such knowledge if not by the same statistics. So all of a sudden you wanna discard statistics because it's no longer convenient for your demonic work?

[s]
mktinsight:
A great prof of mine once said don't use statistics the way a drunken man uses a lamp post - for support not illumination. Now THINK and stop being a parrot. NBS conducts surveys and makes estimates not hard data. So is their ESTIMATE reasonable? I told you how Lagos posed as some sophisticated mega city until Fashola went house to house and found huge poverty in that city. That was after Lagos claimed a GDP of 100b plus as compared to Johannesburg which has a GDP of just 76b. Meanwhile Joburg has a stock market capitalized at close to 1 trillion dollars, the biggest companies on the continent, over 200 shopping malls and the wealthiest people in any African city. et's be honest with ourselves and work hard to put things in place.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
You are so full of sh6t you stink. You are comparing local champions to multinational giants. Nestle, Dangote, Lafarge, Hayat, Honeywell, International Breweries l, Unilever are multinational billion dollar companies not Coscharis selling less than 1,000 cars a year. Other than SAB Millers hero factory tell me which multinational has put 50b naira into Anambra.

post=91505002:

I believe your dull brain didn't remind you of

UAC company in Onitsha
Coca Cola
NB
Coscharis mill
Chealse
Josan
Sea horse
Tiga food
Stine
Lynden and numerous indigenous companies across Anambra state
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
mktinsight:
You are so full of sh6t you stink. You are comparing local champions to multinational giants. Nestle, Dangote, Lafarge, Hayat, Honeywell, International Breweries l, Unilever are multinational billion dollar companies not Coscharis selling less than 1,000 cars a year. Other than SAB Millers hero factory tell me which multinational has put 50b naira into Anambra.

You see the reason why I said you are dumb so you didn't know of Coscharis built multimillion dollar mill in Anambra state

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
mktinsight:

Dumb I believe you don't know that this company is also located in Onitsha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
I don't think that the idiot is an Igbo, he always finding a way to run down Igbo nation especially Anambra state

Below is another multimillion dollar industry located in Omor, Anambra state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
Services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11% in states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Adiwana: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91506207:
Services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11% in states

Bro,how far that Obelagu/Nkisi Onitsha erosion project that the govt is carrying out?? Any major news or latest pictures on that will be very much appreciated
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adiwana:

Bro,how far that Obelagu/Nkisi Onitsha erosion project that the govt is carrying out?? Any major news or latest pictures on that will be very much appreciated
I haven't gone there yet, I will update you later
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91506147:
I don't think that idiot is an Igbo, he always finding a way to run down Igbo nation especially Anambra state

Below is another multimillion dollar industry located in Omor, Anambra state

The dude mktinsight is Yoruba.

Unlike other yoruba whose method is to insult and curse, his method is more insidious. He highlights all the barriers to make sure nothing can be done or it should be done at such exorbitant cost that it becomes prohibitive.

These are the types of Yorubas that have no hospitals or running water, but will "advise" you how to build hospitals and running water. These are the types of Yorubas that boast about how great Lagos airport is. But if they hear an airport happening anywhere in the East, they bring you the standard of John F. Kennedy international airport as who you must copy!

The truth is that Yorubas like him sound intelligent and harmless to the naive mind. But their intention is the same as those the insult and hurl abuses. The intention is always to find a way to discourage you from developing yourself by either making it look too expensive or citing the most ridiculous examples of the project for you to copy. Bottom line, they know Nigeria is a corrupt and poor 3rd world country. Therefore doing things like Americans will simply lead to non-completion due to lack of funds or institutions to build it.

My only advice for Igbos is that while the Fulani guy's method is simply not to site any projects in Igboland, the Yoruba man's method is subversion and deceiving you not to develop yourself because it will be too expensive and not really in your interest to do so.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
OreMI22:

The dude mktinsight is Yoruba.

Unlike other yoruba whose method is to insult and curse, his method is more insidious. He highlights all the barriers to make sure nothing can be done or it should be done at such exorbitant cost that it becomes prohibitive.

These are the types of Yorubas that have no hospitals or running water, but will "advise" you how to build hospitals and running water. These are the types of Yorubas that boast about how great Lagos airport is. But if they hear an airport happening anywhere in the East, they bring you the standard of John F. Kennedy international airport as who you must copy!

The truth is that Yorubas like him sound intelligent and harmless to the naive mind. But their intention is the same as those the insult and hurl abuses. The intention is always to find a way to discourage you from developing yourself by either making it look too expensive or citing the most ridiculous examples of the project for you to copy. Bottom line, they know Nigeria is a corrupt and poor 3rd world country. Therefore doing things like Americans will simply lead to non-completion due to lack of funds or institutions to build it.
I know he is Yoruba, see how he exposed himself on his comment about Coscharis. Useless people that rely on others

Igboland economy is driven by Igbos unlike their tribe

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Guys stop name callings we don't make head way with those... Let me list some of the things exclusive to FG in relation to our discussion...
1. Air, 2.Rivers and oceans, 3. Oil and gas and other minerals including sand dredged from a river.
4. Electricity 5. Security ie police navy etc.

If you want to deal on any of these things first tap is FG.
Yes a governor can set up industrial hubs and areas for the state...but if you want steady power for the companies call FG either to allow you pipe gas or allow you develope gas, or give you extended electricity time from National grid for that purpose of the industrial zones. Even the sequence of applying is even time consuming.

Although we are devoid of all these main resources for our industrial areas like the one Ogun has but yet we still have good companies trying there best in Anambra through assimilated system by ANSG for them to thrive, we should appreciate both ANSG and our resilient people, because we are sure that 90% of the industries are igbo owned.

I suggest Anambra should apply for permit to FG to pipe gas from IMO state, or get a permit to develop it's gasand wait for God's intervention.

For example we know that FG has allowed huge piping of gas to Kaduna(anything for the North)

Mktknight and Bejindossier.. sorry if I didn't spelt it properly... On this topic you both are saying same thing indirectly but with a slight difference....we have huge companies in Ogun state that bigger than Anambra because of the presence of gas piped to Ogun, Anambra state devoid of such huge resources is quite competive and believe me if Anambra should get it's gas piped then Ogun will collapse and that is what FG wants, they want Us igbos the industrialist to prosper out our origin state and develop other crannies. This why I keep blaming GEJ and Obi for Opportunities lost.

Now they have given West a blow by now allowing gas to be piped to Kaduna with this, industries will flock there because of steady power and big land of course igbos will fall for the temptation. That is the real FGs plan...that is why they will not give you even if you apply...but we should still apply

I am harmonizing these so we can know where to harnness our enery to move forward than fighting and ranting at each other.

Thank you umunnem
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Faceless forum the coneheads come in different formats, with different monikers and strategies, you can't see them discussing there own problems, they will rather be wasting their times and energy on Igbo matters useless people

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
These are indigenous products manufactured in Anambra state

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: ebufa and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.