Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2076794 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (1318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2020
More .

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2020
M/

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Beautiful serene neighbourhoods of Onitsha. Initially I though this is Lekki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXvo6Kw359A

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Low density neighbourhoods of Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Onitsha neighbourhoods

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Onitsha neighbourhoods

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
More from low density areas of Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Breaking:
AIG Dan-Mallam Mohammed fdc, now in charge of Zone 13 Ukpo-Dunukofia (Awka) Anambra State following the redeployment of some senior police officers by the Inspector General of police.

Congratulations to Anambra State as the newly created Police Zonal headquarters which covers Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi (Zone 13) gets new Zonal Commander.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 12:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Pictures of the roads are good and kudos to obiano...
Here are my little reservation
A) Government should discourage buildings at the tip of the road I don't know how that practice began
B) Our roads are too narrow inclusive of the roundabout so small as if the land is scarce yet both sides are free regardless of the location wider good roads and roundabouts automatically births a city... infact one of the pictures depicted a roundabout and the ajdourning roads sooooo thin and rickety both sides are free yet the roads are so curvy.. can you send that picture or boast with such picture that the government did an outstanding job, infact is a mockery to anyone who live in big cities example pH, Lagos Akwaibom and even north and get an appaulds or jests?. Also according to the pictures you will discover that heavy settlement is already in existence before the construction of the roads then that will be understood or permitted but I discourage this where by both sides are free yet Golgotha roads...it looks so poor and shoddy...let our roads be classy and a pride
See Akwaibom for example newly built roads is so beautiful, and very wide no matter the location somebody will say we are not rich like Akwaibom oh yes but we are not so poor that we can't afford such roads also ebonyi has such inclusive of glass tunnel...that is a project you can beat your chest.
C.) Open gullies or Gutters, it can be excused for places in the hinterland but not in densely populated areas, this why erosion majorly attack densely populated in Anambra due to blockage of the drains by the residents who dump refuse in the gutter. The same Government will cry over blocked drains, spend money to empty it and obviously they can't desilt all open gutters in Anambra so why encourage it. and also health challenges ( bad smell, mosquito breeding, dumped babies tooo.

Thanks you very much...Obiano can still do better

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 04, 2020
There are engineering standards for roads which the village minded leaders of places like Anambra fail to adhere to because of their corrupt procurement process and engagement of shoddy contractors.

A local road has a certain width and setback, a state road is wider and finally an express or federal road is the widest. Every road is supposed to leave space at the sides for public utilities like water pipes, sewage pipes, telephone cables, electricity cables, pavements, etc. Does Anambra practice it? They don't.

Everything that I see in that picture are village roads. They are narrow and cannot support much traffic or provision of utilities.

You can get away with village roads in the middle of nowhere but not in the city. Having wide main in cities is a must. The Americans typically start building their cities from a wide street they call "Main Street" or "1st Avenue" . It is usually a three lane road. Wide.

The Brits in their wisdom built the old Onitsha Enugu road as a Main Street connecting over 10 major towns. They planted mango trees at the sides and left a 15 feet setback for expansion. Look at what Nigerians did to it in their lawless behavior. Look at what Obi did in rehabilitating the road. He narrowed it further rather than restoring its original design.

As a result every Christmas when over 500,000 vehicles enter Anambra people get stuck on all those one lane roads.

Armon:
Pictures of the roads are good and kudos to obiano...
Here are my little reservation
A) Government should discourage buildings at the tip of the road I don't know how that practice began
B) Our roads are too narrow inclusive of the roundabout so small as if the land is scarce yet both sides are free regardless of the location wider good roads and roundabouts automatically births a city... infact one of the pictures depicted a roundabout and the ajdourning roads sooooo thin and rickety both sides are free yet the roads are so curvy.. can you send that picture or boast with such picture that the government did an outstanding job, infact is a mockery to anyone who live in big cities example pH, Lagos Akwaibom and even north and get an appaulds or jests?. Also according to the pictures you will discover that heavy settlement is already in existence before the construction of the roads then that will be understood or permitted but I discourage this where by both sides are free yet Golgotha roads...it looks so poor and shoddy...let our roads be classy and a pride
See Akwaibom for example newly built roads is so beautiful, and very wide no matter the location somebody will say we are not rich like Akwaibom oh yes but we are not so poor that we can't afford such roads also ebonyi has such inclusive of glass tunnel...that is a project you can beat your chest.
C.) Open gullies or Gutters, it can be excused for places in the hinterland but not in densely populated areas, this why erosion majorly attack densely populated in Anambra due to blockage of the drains by the residents who dump refuse in the gutter. The same Government will cry over blocked drains, spend money to empty it and obviously they can't desilt all open gutters in Anambra so why encourage it. and also health challenges ( bad smell, mosquito breeding, dumped babies tooo.

Thanks you very much...Obiano can still do better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:34am On Jul 04, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
More

Beautiful road. The government did a good job with this road and also fixing of Ekwueme Square. Well done

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
More

This is the College of Agriculture that was converted to the Anambra State Polytechnic Awka North, then moved the College of Agriculture to another location. They paved all the internal roads in the school to give a beautiful outlook. Look at the trees and lush green grass.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Beautiful neighbourhoods

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:38am On Jul 04, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Impressive. Cool, beautiful and serene

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:42am On Jul 04, 2020
Abohboy:
The airport should become a free trade zone with hundreds of factories, company headquarters, houses, hotels, resorts etc it could become a whole new city bringing in over 10 billion dollar investments into Anambra.

Yea, I am sure that's part of the plans. So many more companies across Nigeria and world at large shall be attracted to Anambra

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Building a brand from a grain of an idea, case of Zitel Brand

By Don Ebubeogu (MD, Tiger Foods Onitsha)

I was a participant at the 2016 Anambra Trade Fair organized by the Association of Anambra Chambers of Commerce, at Awka. That was when I met the owner of Zitel Products. They requested that we allow them to use a portion of our company’s stand to exhibit their products, free of cost.

Ordinarily, I shouldn’t have entertained that request because it is usually against the rules guiding participation in most trade fairs. You cannot co-habit or share your stand without obtaining paid permit from the organizers. The moment I saw the products they want to exhibit, and the fact the couple produced the products themselves got me to discard the rules and offer them accommodation within our stand. A decision I’m proud of today.

In 2017, I was appointed to Chair the Anambra Trade Fair Planning Committee, I came across Zitel products again. This time they want to have a stand of their own within the area reserved for start-up enterprises. I was impressed by their tenacity and personal conviction that they have a product the market will appreciate. I also noticed a great leap in their packaging and improvement on the presentation of their products.

In one of the meetings the Council of Onitsha Chamber of Commerce had with the management of Onitsha Shoprite, the GM told us how Zitel Company started with Shoprite by staying at the corridor leading to the main hall of Shoprite. They came back one year later to demand for a shop that pays more than a Naira annually. Since then they have been growing from strength to strength.

During the Christmas holiday in 2019, I went to their shop to have a feel of the much talked about Greek Yoghurt. I saw a business that needs to be celebrated. They have not only outgrown the space they occupy at Shoprite, but they have gotten clientele that visit them from different parts of the state to have a taste of so many ingenious products they offer.

Today, while thinking of Zitel and other start-ups in this city, I remember the words of Napoleon Hill, “whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve”.

You don't need people’s validation to know your self-worth. Zitel has demonstrated this, and has much more to offer.

What is your impediment? What is your excuse?

You don't need to come from a wealthy family to create wealth for yourself. (Micheal Ade-Ojo (Elizade Group) proved that.

You don't need to have a formal education to start a successful business. Cosmas Maduka (Coscharis) is a case study.

All you need is the will to start, a desire for greatness, and believing in yourself.

Building a brand is definitely a process that can lead to a steady increase in sales, word-of-mouth referrals, and advocacy for your products or services.

It’s no use promoting your business to people who aren’t going to be remotely interested in it. So, get to know who your potential buyers are, and what’s important to them, just like Zitel is doing.

“Marketing isn’t a department, it’s the story of how you create a difference for your customers,” says Bernadette Jiwa (brand strategist and blogger at The Story of Telling).

This is a shout-out to Zitel Brand of products, Onitsha Mall

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
I remembered that I had heard about the bricks project and decided to investigate. My investigations showed that yes, former Governor Peter Obi brought in about 20 Hydraform equipment but there was no known project carried out by the factory before he left office. Reason, there was no structure as there was no strategic plan. For a project like that to effectively take-off, there should at least have been some patronage by the Government, as the owners/promoters. There should have been some kind of Government directive to its ministries and parastatals to patronize Anambra Bricks in some if not all of their building projects. But there was not.

I found out that contrary to what the alarmists would have ndi Anambra believe, the Obiano administration had revamped and expanded the Anambra Bricks project. I was able to confirm that the Obiano administration inherited 20 Hydraform machines but almost all of them were in bad state. Of these, about 10 have been salvaged and are now in use, and efforts are being made to refurbish the remaining.

The Anambra Bricks project, I found out, is no longer just about Hydraform alone. The factory is now engaged in all concrete works such as sandcrete blocks, interlocking stones, kerbs etc in addition to Hydraform. I also found out that apart from the Awka Millennium City project which the Chief promoter, Dr Clem Nwogbo, had told ndi Anambra a few months ago that they would be engaging Anambra Bricks as part of their plans in delivering the new city, Anambra Bricks has expanded beyond Anambra State. I was surprised to find out that they now handle projects in Imo and Abia States

https://www.blogger.com/profile/00133258459077053387[code][/code]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
M

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Some pictures from Vertex View hotel Nibo road Awka. They opened for business in December of 2019

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Some pictures from Vertex View hotel Nibo road Awka. They opened for business in December of 2019

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
How many times have I told you that that hotel is located in Nibo and not Awka?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Area4Area:
How many times have I told you that that hotel is located in Nibo and not Awka?

Please stop confusing yourself. The Awka I mean here is the Awka Capital Territory which has 6 LGAs.

The Capital Territory consists of six (6) Local Government Areas (LGAs), in part or in whole: Anaocha, Awka North, Awka South,Dunukofia, Njikoka and Orumba North

Some of you should seek knowledge about things you don't know.

Read more about ACTDA here: https://actda.ng/about-actda

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Please stop confusing yourself. The Awka I mean here is the Awka Capital Territory which has 6 LGAs.

The Capital Territory consists of six (6) Local Government Areas (LGAs), in part or in whole: Anaocha, Awka North, Awka South,Dunukofia, Njikoka and Orumba North

Some of you should seek knowledge about things you don't know.

Read more about ACTDA here: https://actda.ng/about-actda
You are the one trying to confuse yourself.
You earlier stated the hotel is located along Nibo road Awka. I told you it's actually situated in Nibo and you're telling me as I don't know that both are in Awka South LGA and in the ACTDA.
Can't you see the difference, Nibo road Awka and Nibo itself? Go seek for knowledge and stop misinforming people here, I guess you're from Awka and believe everything good must be sited there.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mechionu nwokem. The hotel is on Nibo road, Awka. Anytime you hear of Awka, it is no longer the Awka that you knew before state creation, it is Awka Capital Territory that is being referred to as Awka at the moment. A time will even come when someone at Ukpo will see himself as being in Awka because development as part of the capital territory would have spread across the surrounding towns. Seek for knowledge and stop arguing like an illiterate.

Area4Area:
You are the one trying to confuse yourself.
You earlier stated the hotel is located along Nibo road Awka. I told you it's actually situated in Nibo and you're telling me as I don't know that both are in Awka South LGA and in the ACTDA.
Can't you see the difference, Nibo road Awka and Nibo itself? Go seek for knowledge and stop misinforming people here, I guess you're from Awka and believe everything good must be sited there.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NoIgboSoundTueh: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

What did i just watched?
You're comparing this to Lekki
This is the 36th finest GRA in nigeria .
Even Sokoto Low cost area is finer than this far-away-from-civilization place
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please may we see the GRA in your state, let's compare.

NoIgboSoundTueh:

What did i just watched?
You're comparing this to Lekki
This is the 36th finest GRA in nigeria .
Even Sokoto Low cost area is finer than this far-away-from-civilization place

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Mechionu nwokem. The hotel is on Nibo road, Awka. Anytime you hear of Awka, it is no longer the Awka that you knew before state creation, it is Awka Capital Territory that is being referred to as Awka at the moment. A time will even come when someone at Ukpo will see himself as being in Awka because development as part of the capital territory would have spread across the surrounding towns. Seek for knowledge and stop arguing like an illiterate.

Your insult won't be tolerated next time.

Are you talking about Awka metro area that has started encompassing towns and communities around it as expected just as we have Onitsha metro area comprising of Nkpor, Awada Obosi, Onitsha etc or you're talking of Awka town itself?

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (1318) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.