Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2065015 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please stop quoting me if you don't want to learn. The case of Onitsha is different from Awka. Onitsha developed and swallowed many LGAs naturally and those areas became Onitsha metro.

It is different in the case of Awka, 6LGAs were mapped out to form what's known as Awka capital territory. So any time you hear someone mention AWKA, it is no longer the Awka you knew before state creation.

That hotel is located at Nibo Road AWKA. It is not until I write Awka capital territory in full before you know where that's being referred

Area4Area:
Your insult won't be tolerated next time.
Are you talking about Awka metro area that has started encompassing towns and communities around it as expected just as we have Onitsha metro area comprising of Nkpor, Awada Obosi, Onitsha etc or you're talking of Awka town itself?

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

What did i just watched?
You're comparing this to Lekki
This is the 36th finest GRA in nigeria .
Even Sokoto Low cost area is finer than this far-away-from-civilization place
Bitter mind can we see the GRA in your backward state?

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Please stop quoting me if you don't want to learn. The case of Onitsha is different from Awka. Onitsha developed and swallowed many LGAs naturally and those areas became Onitsha metro.

It is different in the case of Awka, 6LGAs were mapped out to form what's known as Awka capital territory. So any time you hear someone mention AWKA, it is no longer the Awka you knew before state creation.

That hotel is located at Nibo Road AWKA. It is not until I write Awka capital territory in full before you know where that's being referred

I'll allow you wallow in your ignorance, enjoy.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
Area4Area:
I'll allow you wallow in your ignorance, enjoy.

Please go study the information on ACTDA website so that next you will be better informed.

https://actda.ng/about-actda

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Please go study the information on ACTDA website so that next you will be better informed.

https://actda.ng/about-actda
Nothing about the hotel was even mentioned except what I already know about the ACTDA. So because it comprises of 6 LGAs, every town and communities are now to lose their original names and be called Awka?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello Brothers

I will go straight to the point.

We have all that is needed to build an indigenous industrial city in Alaigbo.

I was following thread on Barth Nnaji Geometric power station powered by gas and wondering Why Anambra is not presently in consultation to develop and utilise our Gas.

We have the likes of Chicason gas plant and practically all the industrialist that we need to kick start an industrial zone with some help from the Chinese in terms of technological support.

We have innoson car and so many more.

They are all indigenous, so what is holding us again in Anambra?

The earlier we do the industrial revolution, the sooner we can move to the Information technology revolution and build our own Silicon valley or Tech hub.

Any where u discover gas is meant to be an industrial site.

If u fail to do it now, dont complain when Fulani change all your Govs and put your resources in a pipeline to Kano to do just this in Kano. Now u know y Hope Uzordinma was do or die for them, so desperately.

Anambra is next target.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:39am On Jul 07, 2020
T
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpacehubTech: 12:56am On Jul 07, 2020
hammer3:
Hello Brothers

I was following thread on Barth Nnaji Geometric power station powered by gas and wondering Why Anambra is not presently in consultation to develop and utilise our Gas.

We have the likes of Chicason gas plant and practically all the industrialist that we need to kick start an industrial zone with some help from the Chinese in terms of technological support.

The earlier we do the industrial revolution, the sooner we can move to the Information technology revolution and build our own Silicon valley or Tech hub.

If u fail to do it now, dont complain when Fulani change all your Govs and put your resources in a pipeline to Kano to do just this in Kano. Now u know y Hope Uzordinma was do or die for them, so desperately.

Anambra is next target.

Anambra has industrial sites lying around, I wonder why its Gas resource is not being utilized.

As for tech revolution. It will take an IT loving administration to create something meaningful. I have a lot of ideas to make this happen. Yes we can have our own silicon Valley site in Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 07, 2020
An industrial city requires planning. Industries cluster in places where they can get:

- Power
- Good Roads
- Water
- Security
- Cheap Skills
- Good Housing
- Good Location

The Ethiopians are the only country in Sub-Saharan Africa who know what industrial zones are supposed to look like. They have a place called Hawassa which was setup in 9 months to world standard and hosts 52 companies and has created 60,000 jobs:

https://set.odi.org/sonia-hoque-odi-ethiopias-economic-transformation-job-creation-role-hawassa-industrial-park/

Is there anywhere in Anambra that resembles this? The only industrial park worthy of note in Nigeria is Agbara Estate in Ogun which hosts Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Beloxxi, Beta Glass and more. Which industry in the East can boast of such and nobody is asking why?

Perhaps a big reason is that most multinationals find Nigeria a horrible place to do business and so stay close to the entry/exit point which is Lagos. They produce there and ask Nigerians to come buy and distribute from there. They venture to places like Anambra and see the chaos and lawlessness of markets in Onitsha, the lack of power, the congested Niger Bridge, smile politely and head elsewhere.

The cost is the massive loss of jobs which results in the youth migrating to Lagos and other states for sustenace. Obiano and friends should ask just why many multinationals do not have any factory in Anambra to produce for the Eastern regional market. Why are Indomie? Nestle? Nigerian Breweries? GSK? not in Onitsha other than as sales offices? Why is MTN, Glo running regional operations from Asaba/Enugu and not Awka? People have eyes and they see what a government is doing. They know commitment when they see it.

hammer3:
Hello Brothers

Anambra is next target.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Always posting trash. Can you compare number of multinationals companies based in Anambra to anywhere else in the region? We have had this argument before and I remembered, I took my time on this thread to post screenshots of them with their addresses in Onitsha and parts of Anambra. Smile communication regional office is also in Onitsha.

As for industrial presence both multinational, regional headquarters Anambra is leading in the region by far. Main market is the largest and most visited market in West Africa and it is located in Onitsha. We are proud of hosting such an organised trade centre that attracts the whole Nigeria and beyond to Anambra state.

Is Nigerian brewery bigger than the multinational AbinBev based in Onitsha? Indomie only produce in Lagos and PH. Anambra on the other hand have noodles like Tommy Tommy that's even competing favourably well in the market. Are GSK, Nestle in those states you mentioned? No.

Stop coming here to post unfounded rubbish this cursed frustrated bitter idiot. This thread wasn't opened for you, open your own thread somewhere and continue your witchcraft there.

[s]
mktinsight:
An industrial city requires planning. Industries cluster in places where they can get:
Power
- Good Roads
- Water
- Security
- Cheap Skills
- Good Housing
- Good Location
he Ethiopians are the only country in Sub-Saharan Africa who know what industrial zones are supposed to look like. They have a place called Hawassa which was setup in 9 months to world standard and hosts 52 companies and has created 60,000 jobs:

https://set.odi.org/sonia-hoque-odi-ethiopias-economic-transformation-job-creation-role-hawassa-industrial-park/

Is there anywhere in Anambra that resembles this? The only industrial park worthy of note in Nigeria is Agbara Estate in Ogun which hosts Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Beloxxi, Beta Glass and more. Which industry in the East can boast of such and nobody is asking why?Perhaps a big reason is that most multinationals find Nigeria a horrible place to do business and so stay close to the entry/exit point which is Lagos. They produce there and ask Nigerians to come buy and distribute from there. They venture to places like Anambra and see the chaos and lawlessness of markets in Onitsha, the lack of power, the congested Niger Bridge, smile politely and head elsewhere. he cost is the massive loss of jobs which results in the youth migrating to Lagos and other states for sustenace. Obiano and friends should ask just why many multinationals do not have any factory in Anambra to produce for the Eastern regional market. Why are Indomie? Nestle? Nigerian Breweries? GSK? not in Onitsha other than as sales offices? Why is MTN, Glo running regional operations from Asaba/Enugu and not Awka? People have eyes and they see what a government is doing. They know commitment when they see it.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Always posting trash. Can you compare number of multinationals companies based in Anambra to anywhere else in the region? We have had this argument before and I remembered, I took my time on this thread to post screenshots of them with their addresses in Onitsha and parts of Anambra. Smile communication regional office is also in Onitsha.

As for industrial presence both multinational, regional headquarters Anambra is leading in the region by far.

Is Nigerian brewery bigger than the multinational AbinBev based in Onitsha? Indomie only produce in Lagos and PH. Anambra on the other hand have noodles like Tommy Tommy that's even competing favourably well in the market. Are GSK, Nestle in those states you mentioned? No.

Stop coming here to post unfounded rubbish this cursed frustrated bitter idiot. This thread wasn't opened for you, open your own thread somewhere and continue your witchcraft there.

[s][/s]

He actually made a valid contribution and underlying points for consideration, especially the Ethiopia and Ogun case study.

I was even surprise.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2020
Have you read any reasonable point from that idiot before? He is always positioning himself as if he knows better than even Bill Gates, meanwhile he is just an empty from vagabond.

hammer3:

He actually made a valid contribution and underlying points for consideration, especially the Ethiopia and Ogun case study.

I was even surprise.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Have you read any reasonable point from that idiot before? He is always positioning himself as if he knows better than even Bill Gates, meanwhile he is just an empty from vagabond.

That is y I said, I was surprise.

He said, people have eyes and they can see wat has been done in Ogun, even leaving LAGOS out, in terms of industry.

It is true, we do have eyes and Deep Seaport construction ongoing in Akwacross, there is no more excuse.

We are not talking of Obiano building such, because he is on handover time now.

We are just trying to start the discussion and hopefully consultation, with the eventually possibility of a market study to ascertain economic feasibility, identify industrialist in SS and SE that can be potential partners as valid starting point for the development program.

Then we move to the design work.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2020
I have been saying it here. Mktinsight is a cursed demonic fellow that was sent here by the enemies of Anambra. He condemned airport even when he knows without airport major multinational investors will not consider you serious as Anambra is an economic frontline state in Nigeria. Even without airport and seaport, Anambra is already up there, so how much more when our imternational airport is completed and running, only 2 states like Lagos and Rivers(because of oil) can be above Anambra in the whole of Nigeria.

hammer3:

He said, people have eyes and they can see wat has been done in Ogun, even leaving LAGOS out, in terms of industry.

It is true, we do have eyes and Deep Seaport construction ongoing in Akwacross, there is no more excuse.

We are not talking of Obiano building such, because he is on handover time now.

We are just trying to start the discussion and hopefully consultation, with the eventually possibility of a market study to ascertain economic feasibility, identify industrialist in SS and SE that can be potential partners as valid starting point for the development program.

Then we move to the design work.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2020
BeijinDossier:
I have been saying it here. Mktinsight is a cursed demonic fellow that was sent here by the enemies of Anambra. He condemned airport even when he knows without airport major multinational investors will not consider you serious as Anambra is a frontline state in Nigeria. Even without airport and seaport, Anambra is already up there, so how much more when our imternational airport is completed and running, only 2 states like Lagos and Rivers(because of oil) can be above Anambra in the whole of Nigeria.

This is true, because right before our eyes Buhari is building pipeline to carry our development to Kano and North Africa, even Europe.

Buhari is not talking of building anything apart from gas pipeline for us.

But Buhari want to build gas processing plant and power plant in Kano.

U can imagine, Kano gets a gas processing plant and power plant, even without having gas.

U think they want us to develop or they will develop our area for us?

The same Europe that stole from Africa is taking away our last chance of industrialisation in pipeline to Europe.

How else do we industrialise?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Or are we saying Europe need Africa gas?

Which one have they been using all this time for thousands of years?

Becos i doubt they need gas from Africa.

Wat i understand is that Europe dont want Africa to grow and they are trying to hold us down and back.

That is y they want to take the gas and give us money that will be useless to us, because of corruption.

It is better we create job for our people to sustain themselves, than continue to run to places where they are exploited for slave labour and prostitution.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2020
BREAKING NEWS...

NCDC activates Anambra State's Covid-19 Test Centre

Ikenna Aniagboso

Gov Willie Obiano has announced the activation of the Covid-19 test centre situated in the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, Amaku, Awka by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.

The long awaited approval was received on Saturday, July 4, 2020, after the state government received test kits and other relevant materials from the NCDC. The state was however cleared to commence testing Monday, July 6, 2020.

According to the state's Commissioner for Health, Dr Vincent Okpala, the mega PCR laboratory is equipped with five Abbot m2000 platforms - a sophisticated machine that has the ability to run 94 tests per cycle.

"When fully optimized, one can get five cycles done in 24hrs", the Commissioner declared. This will translate to 470 tests by a machine per day. If one were to dedicate the five machines to Covid-19 testing, one will hit 2,350 tests per day. This is the first time it will be used in the entire country for Covid-19 test", he said.

"The Abbot platform uses only kits manufactured by Abbot. The product was in high demand all over the world because of its efficacy and naturally, it became scarce. Logistics was also a global problem occassioned by the pandemic", explained Dr Okpala.

Continuing, he said that the activation of the testing centre was delayed becuase of the special kits used by the machine; "but we embarked on training of personnel for testing and sample collection, believing that this day would come.

"So far, the lab personnel have shown a lot of professionalism and we are proud of the progress we have made since we launched this war against Covid-19. We will no longer need to take samples to Irua and wait for days for confirmation.

"We are grateful to Gov Obiano for supporting us every inch of the way. His commitment to the fight against Covid-19 is commendable. We are also grateful to NCDC, FHI360, Global Fund, WHO and all those who worked assiduously to make this a reality".

The activation of the COOUTH test centre by the NCDC will definitely douse concerns over testing in Anambra state. It will also aid the fight against Covid-19 as confirmation of test results will take lesser time as more people get tested locally.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2020
Continuation

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2020
Ogun today has more industry than Lagos because of proximity, a planned estate, and cheap land and no traffic congestion. There are more industries in Ogun state than in the entire South East including those run by Anambrarians such as Beloxxi and Emzor.

But Ogun is not even all that. Nigeria doesn't have industry like South Africa or Egypt. We import okrika from Europe and America and fabric from China, clothes from Turkey, junk cars from America. Morocco makes 500,000 cars, the only assembly we gave which is Innoson and Peugeot barely assembly 10,000 cars a year.

So not much industry in Nigeria other than food and drinks and some household stuff. Even simple pen and paper we import.

hammer3:

This is true, because right before our eyes Buhari is building pipeline to carry our development to Kano and North Africa, even Europe.

Buhari is not talking of building anything apart from gas pipeline for us.

But Buhari want to build gas processing plant and power plant in Kano.

U can imagine, Kano gets a gas processing plant and power plant, even without having gas.

U think they want us to develop or they will develop our area for us?

The same Europe that stole from Africa is taking away our last chance of industrialisation in pipeline to Europe.

How else do we industrialise?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:
Ogun today has more industry than Lagos because of proximity, a planned estate, and cheap land and no traffic congestion. There are more industries in Ogun state than in the entire South East including those run by Anambrarians such as Beloxxi and Emzor.

But Ogun is not even all that. Nigeria doesn't have industry like South Africa or Egypt. We import okrika from Europe and America and fabric from China, clothes from Turkey, junk cars from America. Morocco makes 500,000 cars, the only assembly we gave which is Innoson and Peugeot barely assembly 10,000 cars a year.

So not much industry in Nigeria other than food and drinks and some household stuff. Even simple pen and paper we import.

Unlocking the gas potential is the key to our indsuatrial revolution.

Many heavy industry require supply of natural gas.

The first stage to industrial revolution is gas processing plant and gas power plant.

Then, build an advanced infrastructure network of pipeline for gas supplies to industries.

If we target heavy industries and set them up gainfully, soon, industries such as textile, food processing, technical products and crafts, fertilizers, packaging, furniture, metallurgical industries except smelting, rubber and plastic, wood and cork products for printing, and electrical equipment, computers and electronic products, various material component required for car production, will follow.

Any where they find gas, should be industrial city of maybe 3 million square meters developed land plots for industrial purposes, in addition to six existing plants, with the first phase aims to finish 140 factories.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rdokoye: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:

Nigeria has the largest industrial sector in Africa. Moroccans import far more stuff than Nigeria. Virtually nothing is made in Morocco, so, not a good example.

What exactly is manufactured in Ogun State for you to call it industrialised? There may be a few industries there, trying to leverage off the cheaper land costs, but that has more to do with the states proximity to Lagos, rather than anything the state is doing.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
rdokoye:

Nigeria has the largest industrial sector in Africa. Moroccans import far more stuff than Nigeria. Virtually nothing is made in Morocco, so, not a good example.

What exactly is manufactured in Ogun State for you to call it industrialised? There may be a few industries there, trying to leverage off the cheaper land costs, but that has more to do with the states proximity to Lagos, rather than anything the state is doing.

Nigeria exports only oil and little else. Morocco on the other hand exports over $26b worth of goods.

1.Morocco is the biggest auto manufacturer in Africa with an industry worth over $10b,
- https://aimsinternational.com/en/2019/03/morocco-the-leading-car-manufacturer-in-africa/

- https://northafricapost.com/28667-morocco-among-top-five-car-exporters-to-europe.html

2. While Nigeria is buying used clothes Morocco exports textiles worth $3 billion and is the 7th largest supplier of textiles to Europe.

- https://www.fashionatingworld.com/new1-2/amith-the-moroccan-textile-union-aims-to-be-biggest-textile-player-in-africa

3. https://www.pulse.ng/bi/lifestyle/i-rode-africas-first-superfast-bullet-train-that-could-go-from-new-york-to-washington/bpv0brl

About Ogun state, yes it leverages its proximity to Lagos which is the point I made about LOCATION. But for a country the size of Nigeria you need many industrial layouts not a few here and there. Many goods made in Niegria you see in the East come from Ogun/Agbara. Indomie, Milo, Hayat Tissue Paper, Maggi cubes, Floor and kitchen tiles, cement, aluminum profiles. Yes Anambra industrialists are trying but none has the scale of those multinationals. Nestle alone sells over 100b worth of goods produced in Ogun state.

Anambra for now is more of a distribution point. Onitsha has over 40 markets and people flock there to buy and carry elsewhere. But production wise you need 10 companies the size of Intafact Bewery and 500 companies the size of Cutix and Innoson to jumpstart the state employment wise.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rdokoye: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:

Nigeria exports only oil and little else. Morocco on the other hand exports over $26b worth of goods.

1.Morocco is the biggest auto manufacturer in Africa with an industry worth over $10b,
- https://aimsinternational.com/en/2019/03/morocco-the-leading-car-manufacturer-in-africa/

- https://northafricapost.com/28667-morocco-among-top-five-car-exporters-to-europe.html

2. While Nigeria is buying used clothes Morocco exports textiles worth $3 billion and is the 7th largest supplier of textiles to Europe.

- https://www.fashionatingworld.com/new1-2/amith-the-moroccan-textile-union-aims-to-be-biggest-textile-player-in-africa

3. https://www.pulse.ng/bi/lifestyle/i-rode-africas-first-superfast-bullet-train-that-could-go-from-new-york-to-washington/bpv0brl

About Ogun state, yes it leverages its proximity to Lagos which is the point I made about LOCATION. But for a country the size of Nigeria you need many industrial layouts not a few here and there. Many goods made in Niegria you see in the East come from Ogun/Agbara. Indomie, Milo, Hayat Tissue Paper, Maggi cubes, Floor and kitchen tiles, cement, aluminum profiles. Yes Anambra industrialists are trying but none has the scale of those multinationals. Nestle alone sells over 100b worth of goods produced in Ogun state.

Anambra for now is more of a distribution point. Onitsha has over 40 markets and people flock there to buy and carry elsewhere. But production wise you need 10 companies the size of Intafact Bewery and 500 companies the size of Cutix and Innoson to jumpstart the state employment wise.

Nigeria doesn't even fulfil local demand, given its size, that's why it doesn't export on the same scale. But it's industries is several times the size of Morocco - that is a fact.

I don't agree with you. What Ogun companies are manufacturing the tiles that are sold in Anambra? Why don't Ogun state have the commercial sector to facilitate the industries, you claim are producing, but no one has ever heard of. Ogun State's economy is smaller than Anambra.

Ogun States private sector is also significantly smaller, which is reflected in the level of infrastructure. The issue in Nigeria is the supply chain. Nigeria doesn't produce enough, because those in power, deliberately bottlenecked the economy, so that they could control the rate of growth and development, primarily in the Eastern region.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
rdokoye:

Nigeria doesn't even fulfil local demand, given its size, that's why it doesn't export on the same scale. But it's industries is several times the size of Morocco - that is a fact.

Which fact? Morocco is a far more productive economy than Nigeria and the data is there if you actually look at it. Nigeria does not have many great industries outside of oil and gas. Morocco is the 5th largest exporter of cars to Europe and they export 700,000 cars a year not crude oil from the ground. They have a sophisticated textile sector while yours truly is wearing cast away clothes. Nigeria produces little and that is a fact.

rdokoye:

I don't agree with you. What Ogun companies are manufacturing the tiles that are sold in Anambra? Why don't Ogun state have the commercial sector to facilitate the industries, you claim are producing, but no one has ever heard of. Ogun State's economy is smaller than Anambra.

Ogun States private sector is also significantly smaller, which is reflected in the level of infrastructure. The issue in Nigeria is the supply chain. Nigeria doesn't produce enough, because those in power, deliberately bottlenecked the economy, so that they could control the rate of growth and development, primarily in the Eastern region.

Ogun state is the capital of ceramics tile manufacturing in Nigeria. PNT Tiles, Goodwill, CDK Ceramics tiles are all manufactured in Ogun state. There are hundreds of companies operating in Agbara including all well-known manufacturers.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:

Rdokoye,
Sadly this guy is right. We have blindly reduced ourselves to being mere distribution markets for finished products from other parts of Nigeria.

If only we can begin to pay attention to how they are using Igbos in this country. The same wsy they use our importers to keep their sea ports and airports busy. I am hoping that our people begin to pay attention than simply being slavishly industrious. By accepting anything schemed against them by simply working harder and harder to death!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
How many times have you bothered to thinker about your Delta state need to do right? I am still at loss why most non igbos are more interested in igbo affairs and always positioning themselves as advisers?

Chijioke, open Delta state thread for once and call your fellow Deltans to discuss about your state.

[s]
cjrane:

Rdokoye,
Sadly this guy is right. We have blindly reduced ourselves to being mere distribution markets for finished products from other parts of Nigeria. f only we can begin to pay attention to how they are using Igbos in this country. The same wsy they use our importers to keep their sea ports and airports busy. I am hoping that our people begin to pay attention than simply being slavishly industrious. By accepting anything schemed against them by simply working harder and harder to death!
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
Guys I am happy that we are indeed brainstorming for our good...

On the issue of OGUN state....Ogun state have seen it self as an opportunist so they maximized that opportunity because of Lagos...this started from big Pentecostal churches that need large auditorium and camping centers Ogun sold there's cheaper and built more connecing roads, later they fought Lagos to grabbed their land back from Lagos thanks to OBJ then ruling FG...many in Lagos may think they are in Lagos but fact is they are in Ogun.

Now so much luck for OGUN as Obasanjo helped rocover their land from Lagos and as well being that oil and gas belongs to FG Obasanjo then allow gas piped to ogun state so that big multinationals can fall on ogun, then obasanjo made better incentives for the companys including security so far they berth there...trust me many multi and trans national company are there. The roads to those places are gigantic....I have been there and those company had no mercy grabbing more lands on the premise of future expansion. This is why I regret OBI and GEJ for not utilizing opportunities they had in our favor.

Now As for Anambra state gas development is key for tremendous infrastructural improvments but achieving that goal will be wonderful but because of the financial involment in development of gas and FG who owns oil and gas to give permits and sundry may not happen...few oil company's standing in Anambra was given permit during GEJ and since they are indigenous company it is expected that FG to give them more incentives to make them prosper and I doubt if GEJ gave them at that time and surely they will not get any in this administration. Now there is already developed gas in abia and Imo we need to seek FG permission to pipe to our industrial zones in Anambra it's money vault breaking but cheaper than developing our own gas hence another problem will this Buhari administration permit such request when south east is not involved in the loan from China

So brothers our woes in development of gas aspect is not entirely our fault and no matter how we paint it is wholly left for FG.

Here is my suggestion to ANSG to meet all companys in Anambra explain all this challenges and give more incentives to companys so that they can happily stay on the likes of security, tax reductions, cheaper lands etc and after prayers and fasting by ANSG to meet FG for gas piping permit or authorization for developing our own gas.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
Good point

rdokoye:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:

You see the reason why I said you are dumb, imagine the rubbish you wrote that industries in Ogun are more than entire Southeast without any evidence, that's how you go about fooling yourself here

Otondo go through this table below check Ogun and Anambra in industrial sector see the small gap Ogun gave Anambra state, imagine when you add Abia, Enugu and Imo, services contribute to states economy than agriculture and industry, the industries in Ogun is not because their leaders are smart but because of proximity to Lagos and land are cheap, majority are not indigenous, Anambra industrial sector is driven by indigenous, Anambra beat Ogun in Norminal GDP which measure the economy

You claimed Ogun industries are far more than the entire Southeast check Anambra state and Ogun below this table

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by edoairways: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
mktinsight:

- Power
- Good Roads
- Water
- Security
- Cheap Skills
- Good Housing
- Good Location

The Ethiopians are the only country in Sub-Saharan Africa who know what industrial zones are supposed to look like. They have a place called Hawassa which was setup in 9 months to world standard and hosts 52 companies and has created 60,000 jobs:

Is there anywhere in Anambra that resembles this? The only industrial park worthy of note in Nigeria is Agbara Estate in Ogun which hosts Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Beloxxi, Beta Glass and more. Which industry in the East can boast of such and nobody is asking why?

Perhaps a big reason is that most multinationals find Nigeria a horrible place to do business and so stay close to the entry/exit point which is Lagos. They produce there and ask Nigerians to come buy and distribute from there. They venture to places like Anambra and see the chaos and lawlessness of markets in Onitsha, the lack of power, the congested Niger Bridge, smile politely and head elsewhere.

The cost is the massive loss of jobs which results in the youth migrating to Lagos and other states for sustenace. Obiano and friends should ask just why many multinationals do not have any factory in Anambra to produce for the Eastern regional market. Why are Indomie? Nestle? Nigerian Breweries? GSK? not in Onitsha other than as sales offices? Why is MTN, Glo running regional operations from Asaba/Enugu and not Awka? People have eyes and they see what a government is doing. They know commitment when they see it.

Really!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Learn to take corrections.. Tufiakwa...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1316) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: hammer567

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.