Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2104916 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Niccoloimhotep: 2:03am On Sep 01, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:
Agulu lake is in Anambra while oguta lake is in Imo...
Thanks bros
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2020
Real talk, let's discuss.

I am deeply disturbed by the continuous insults and name-calling of the igbo nation. I think some of the insults we get could be from hatred of the igbo man and self inflicted by our people.

My people, how do we put a stop to this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2020
We are the most travelled ethnic group in Nigeria. In our sojourn to unknown land, we have interacted with different culture , people and beliefs. During this time, we have courted goodwill and hatred. For the hatred, it does seem everyone are saying the same thing about our attitude which make me worry. Go to South Africa, Kenya and just recently ghana on what people say about us. I think these issues of us using unwanted words like the host are lazy and don't want to work is unacceptable.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 8:31am On Sep 01, 2020
Even here on nairaland, some of the braggings we do is so uncalled for. We keep attracting hatred to ourselves. Some of the argument I see on this forum can easily be ignored. We need to show maturity in our dealings and develop emotional intelligence in any environment we find ourselves.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 8:47am On Sep 01, 2020
We share same adventurism with the Chinese. They are everywhere in the planet just like us. Why then do we get so much push backs after a little while from the host? Bottom line is that, we should listen to whatever the complains of the host and live right.

Please, I don't see the wisdom in engaging tribal fights here in nairaland, it belittles us as a people and should learn to avoid it when we see one. Such action doesn't make us weak .

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 9:45am On Sep 01, 2020
The magical Mkpokiti Dance of our people has bagged the United Nations Gold Medal of Culture and Exhibitions.the best Igbo traditional dance steps

Mkpokiti dance was founded in 1959 by late Chief Festus Okoli Nwankwo of Ugwunano village of Umunze in Orumba local government of Anambra state. Chief Festus created the dance and patented it with Registration No: FGN/TI/614314.

In 1970, all the states of the Nigerian federation were summoned in Lagos to celebrate the end of the civil war. Among the programmes lined up for the celebrations was the cultural dance competition from all the states. A cash prize of 3,000 British Pounds and a gold gong were prizes for the first place in cultural dances. The competition started from villages to the divisions and to the states. From village level to the national stage, Mkpokiti secured first position and won the coveted gold gong and cash prize in Lagos.

This stimulated other dance groups in the country with the result that in 1971, many dance groups registered for the competition. The final competition for the year took place in Ibadan and Mkpokiti maintained the lead.

In 1972 – 1973 in Kaduna, the case was the same. Since inception, the Mkpokiti dance group has never obtained a second position in any competition. Formerly, Anambra state government chose Mkpokiti as its state dance but after the continuous clinching of first position in national competitions, the federal government adopted Mkpokiti as a national dance. Mkpokiti represented the federal government in FESTAC ’77 at Lagos. In New York, Washington, Jamaica, Barbados, Brazil, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba, Port of Spain, and England, Mkpokiti dance has been exhibited as the greatest cultural dance in Africa.

The Satinsheen Company under the management of Miss Franca Afebua took Mkpokiti dance to a global competition in Wembley, England. All the groups competed in Oxford University, England. As expected, Mkpokiti dance secured the1st prize there and carried the World Cup back to Nigeria.

The federal government has taken Mkpokiti dance group to ALL THE PARTS OF THE WORLD except Australia. The achievements made in these travels including winning the World Cup multiple times even in New York, Algeria and North Korea a few years ago rightly crowned the legendary Mkpokiti dance of Igbo people the greatest cultural dance in the world.

Written by Dunu Okigbo
http://obindigbo.com.ng/2015/11/mkpokiti-one-of-the-best-igbo-traditional-dance-steps-becomes-greatest-cultural-dance-in-the-world/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:26am On Sep 02, 2020
CEO of Rotech Energy Services and promoter of Luxury Place Estate Onitsha talks about the upcoming upscale neighbourhood and Anambra international airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHB0_yuUJIo

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2020
Aku Luo Uno: Rotech Energy Services Limited MD/CEO, Oguejiofor Commends Governor Obiano As Nkwelle G.R.A Estate Is Set For groundbreaking this Thursday

By Chibuzor Obidike (ABS News)

The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Rotech Energy Services Limited, Operators of Luxury Place Estate Nkwelle-Ezunaka G.R.A has commended Governor Willie Obiano for restoring the confidence of Ndi Anambra to start invest in Anambra state again.

Chief Oguejiofor thanked the Governor for creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the State.

He made the commendation while responding to questions on ABS 88.5FM flagship programme "Nzuko Anambra" ahead of the ground breaking ceremony of Luxury Place Estate, Nkwelle-Ezunaka G.R.A by Governor Willie Obiano, tommorow Thursday, September 3rd, 2020.

Chief Oguejiofor said with Anambra State Government's investments in providing adequate security network, power supply and access roads, the State has become a number one investment destination in Nigeria.

He revealed that within one year of operating in Anambra state, Rotech Energy Services Ltd has created up to three thousand direct and indirect jobs through its Nkwelle G.R.A project.

Chief Oguejiofor stated that Luxury Palace Estate, Nkwelle-Ezunaka G.R.A will offer Ndi Anambra opportunity to own luxury home either as investment or home to live in, with world-class facilities such as hospital, Schools, event center, hotels, mall etc.

He encouraged Ndi Anambra to avail themselves the opportunity and invest so as to enjoy enjoy the world-class services.

He revealed that the company has developed a strategy to carter for the needs of all investors by making provisions for installmental payments at its offices at the Luxury Place Estate, Nkwelle G.R.A and also at Anambra state Ministry of Housing, Awka.

On the ongoing construction of Anambra Cargo International Airport, Umueri which he recently toured with Governor Obiano and Chief Allen Onyema, Chairman of Airpeace Airlines, the Anambra - born businessman said that the Governor Willie Obiano has made Ndi Anambra and the South East proud, as the airport will be the best in Africa. He highlighted the unique qualities of the airport which upon completion will catalyze faster development of the state.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2020
Hopefully this upcoming estate in Onitsha will have all the trappings to make it truly world-class, and not be just another estate that we already have all over the city.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 11:31am On Sep 02, 2020
Work ongoing at awka township stadium I don't know how serious Obiano is about that project or probably maybe they are doing another project there I saw bulldozers clearing the area recently

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
Chai....I am happy about this estates springing up, our sons should keep it up....

Special thank you to Obiano indeed he has really out performed.... security, agriculture, investments, and many legacy projects in his name.

Erm what is keeping the concession...I hope FG didn't do that as a political stunt.they should not toil with our emotions...

My brothers that take these pictures and videos in Anambra state thank you so much for your efforts keep it up...

Jisienu Ike

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by madubaymi: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
Work ongoing at awka township stadium I don't know how serious Obiano is about that project or probably maybe they are doing another project there I saw bulldozers clearing the area recently
I seriously hope this is the case. It is shameful that in the whole of southeast there is only the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium, Enugu that is of FIFA standard.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
The contractor has commenced work on the site.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
dejol88:
Even here on nairaland, some of the braggings we do is so uncalled for. We keep attracting hatred to ourselves. Some of the argument I see on this forum can easily be ignored. We need to show maturity in our dealings and develop emotional intelligence in any environment we find ourselves.

If anyone hate you because you re proud of your achievements, the person can go to hell. You re Igbo you don't need anybody to validate you.. Stop displaying your low self esteem... You should be proud of yourself and your achievements... Anybody wey no like am hug transformer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nice input!
You must understand that wisdom is profitable to direct. Having said that, bragging has it advantage and disadvantages as well. If you look at our standing in this country we have really fell from grace since independence. Some of our ego is creating unease amongst the people around us and the need to pay attention to people feelings.
Everyone cannot be wrong, some things they say is actually correct. We must look at the argument not only from our own lens.
[quoqte author=Obdk post=93498729]
If anyone hate you because you re proud of your achievements, the person can go to hell. You re Igbo you don't need anybody to validate you.. Stop displaying your low self esteem... You should be proud of yourself and your achievements... Anybody wey no like am hug transformer[/quote]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
work is still ongoing

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
control tower

12 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fleshly: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Obdk:

If anyone hate you because you re proud of your achievements, the person can go to hell. You re Igbo you don't need anybody to validate you.. Stop displaying your low self esteem... You should be proud of yourself and your achievements... Anybody wey no like am hug transformer

You actually took words out of my mouth and may God bless you for 600yrs for this candid opinion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
control tower

Nice one! Looks the bizness!!

Hopefully someone can steal a few quick snaps of the terminal building and runway/taxiway as well!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
dejol88:
Nice input!
You must understand that wisdom is profitable to direct. Having said that, bragging has it advantage and disadvantages as well. If you look at our standing in this country we have really fell from grace since independence. Some of our ego is creating unease amongst the people around us and the need to pay attention to people feelings.
Everyone cannot be wrong, some things they say is actually correct. We must look at the argument not only from our own lens.
[quoqte author=Obdk post=93498729]

If you look at any standing or indices in Nigeria. Igbo people re at advantage considering everything happening in Nigeria.. Considering the ego stuff anybody who cant control his or her feelings should go hide...
Countries from around the world pay top dollar to advertise thr region to the world to attract investment on CNN and stuffs like dat here you are deriding people doing it free of charge out of thr passion for Igbo land... Smh for ur low self esteem.. Its pathetic,, stop it. If u cant promote Igbo land stop discouraging people doing so.. Biko

Actin like Igbo politicians,, u want others to call u good man... Mtchewww

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by dejol88: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2020
I will not agree with you when comparing bragging with marketing. Often times, I see unnecessary showmanship on who is better and whose not, that isn't marketing. I am not a politician and will never be. But, we need to tell ourselves the truth. We are not an island and yes we need others as much they need us. We cannot do it alone. I insist, our region has lost so much grace since independence and we cannot carry on like this.

Obdk:

If you look at any standing or indices in Nigeria. Igbo people re at advantage considering everything happening in Nigeria.. Considering the ego stuff anybody who cant control his or her feelings should go hide...
Countries from around the world pay top dollar to advertise thr region to the world to attract investment on CNN and stuffs like dat here you are deriding people doing it free of charge out of thr passion for Igbo land... Smh for ur low self esteem.. Its pathetic,, stop it. If u cant promote Igbo land stop discouraging people doing so.. Biko

Actin like Igbo politicians,, u want others to call u good man... Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abohboy: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
control tower

The control tower doesn’t look like the one in this render, are they already deviating, or is this the wrong render.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
control tower

Very good development. Massive work is ongoing on site. God continue to bless Anambra

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:

That's stadium project ongoing. Obiano promised to deliver a worldclass stadium soon. Obiano's eyes on the ball.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer8: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

That's stadium project ongoing. Obiano promised to deliver a worldclass stadium soon. Obiano's eyes on the ball.

OUR RUNWAY MUST HAVE LIGHTS, BIKO...

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ceegar01:
control tower

Nice
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
Calm down bro, the control tower will be 12 story, they are currently on the 6th floor bro.
This is not for that

Abohboy:

The control tower doesn’t look like the one in this render, are they already deviating, or is this the wrong render.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
State Government Hands Over Site for the Construction of 2/60MVA Substation to TCN

By Chidiebele Obika

In its bid to improve the availability of power for residents of the state, the Anambra State Government Tuesday handed over 8.7 hectares of land located at Ogbunike/Ogidi communities for the construction of a 2/60MVA transmission substation to the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).

The Honourable Commissioner for Public Utilities, Engr. Emeka Ezenwanne who represented state government at the brief ceremoy noted that the new substation is one of the 6 substations that will be simultaneously built across the state at Umuchu, Aguleri, Onitsha, Oba, Nnewi and another massive one in Awka which are the products of the partnership entered between the Anambra state government and Transmission Company of Nigeria in August last year.

Further speaking, Engr. Ezenwanne reiterated the government's committement in ensuring that there's available power for home and industrial uses which according to him is panacea for meaningful development and job creation.

He projected that over 50 communities in Oyi, Idemili North, Dunukofia, Anambra East and West Local Government Areas will benefit and called on the host communities to ensure that the contractors deliver the project in record time by giving them every neccessary support.

On his part, the Project Engineer for TCN Enugu zone, Engr. Geoffrey Nwokoye while thanking the state Governor for his extraordinary vision for the state noted that TCN is here to deliver power to ndi Anambra. He stressed that availability of power means presence of good life and money as businesses will be powered and done seamlessly as against what obtains presently.

He explained that the benefitting 5 local council areas were discovered by the TCN field engineers 4 years ago as seriously lacking in power supply. He appreciated Governor Obiano for partnering the Company in delivering power to the people.

Said he: " What we've just done today is to perform the official handover of project site and sign documents with the contractors that will build the Infrastructure. This project is expected to be completed within 3 years due to delay in importation of materials. We will install a 2/60MVA and others here. When this is completed, a whole lot of communities will be powered to do more."

The Traditional Ruler of Ogidi, one of the host communities, Igwe Pharm. Alex Onyido emphasised the need for steady power supply in all the towns in the state. He appreciated the Governor, Chief Willie Obiano for his wonderful policies and initiatives in the state noting that power is everything.

" As an industrialist, I know what availability of power portends for the people. That's massive job creation, quality life and urbanisation of the towns".

" Yes, this land is in dispute between my community and our neighbours in Ogbunike. The matter is in Court. I know my people will not be happy that government is taking the land for another project but it's my duty to talk to them and sensitise them on the importance of siting the project here. Equally, my brothers from Ogbunike will not be happy too but this is government and they mean well for all of us too and should be supported', Igwe Onyido said.

I-Witness reports
2-9-2020

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2020
Yes, they have plans to do runway lighting of the highest grade, and it's awarded to Craneburg

And plans to install the instrument landing system that will be top notch, so the the pilot can come in and land smoothly even at zero visibility.

Even night landing facilities
hammer8:

OUR RUNWAY MUST HAVE LIGHTS, BIKO...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer8: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
Abohboy:

THE CONTROL TOWER ARE NOT THE TWO BUILDING YOU SEE THERE.

IT IS IN THE FAR RIGHT OF THE PICTURE, NEXT TO THE AIRPORT

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer8: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Yes, they have plans to do runway lighting of the highest grade, and it's awarded to Craneburg

And plans to install the instrument landing system that will be top notch, so the the pilot can come in and land smoothly even at zero visibility.

Even night landing facilities

I HAVE SOUND INFORMATION AND CONTACTS THAT SOLUDO WILL FIND USEFUL FOR 2023.

I WANT TO MAKE SURE ANAMBRA CONTINUES TO DEVELOP AT THIS PACE.

THERE ARE SEVERAL MAJOR PROJECTS REQUIRED IN ANAMBRA BUT ONE PROJECT THAT I CAN ADVICE THE GOVERNOR IS THE GAME CHANGER.

IF HE LIKE MY SUBMISSION, HE CAN BRING ME ON TO HELP EXECUTE IT, FOR JUST ONE OF HIS TENURE.

I WILL RESIGN MY JOB HERE

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
This is the control incase you don't know
and it will be 12 story, they currently on the 6 now

Abohboy:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1322) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.